The Murder of History OF Pakistan BY GOVERNMENTS

saynotwar

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
The Murder of History : A Critique of History Textbooks used in Pakistan
K.K. Aziz,

Contents: Preface. 1. The prescribed myths. 2. The calamity of errors. 3. The road to ruin. 4. The burden of responsibility. Appendices: Index.

"In Pakistani schools and colleges what is being taught as history is really national mythology, and the subjects of Social Studies and Pakistan Studies are nothing but vehicles of political indoctrination. Our children don't learn history. They are ordered to read a carefully selected collection of falsehoods, fairy tales and plain lies. Why and how has this come about? Who is reponsible for it? In what ways is this destroying the country? Why doesn't anyone protest against it?.

"In this book, a distinguished Pakistani historian and political scientist asks and answers these questions for the first time by making an in depth study of 66 textbooks on these subjects currently in use in the schools and colleges of the country. He (1) lists their errors of fact, emphasis and interpretation, (2) enumerates their major omissions, (3) corrects their mistakes, (4) brings out the distortions they teach and perpetuate, (5) estimates their ravaging effects on the students, and (6) measures their impact on the nation at large. He does this with documented scholarship, meticulous care, deep understanding, acute concern, and rare courage.

"This is a stinging but fully deserved attack on the governments which order and prescribe these textbooks, the scholars and educationists who plan and approve them, the professors who write them, and the parents who accept them.

"The contents of this book should shake every general reader and throw every parent into a panic." (jacket)

[K.K. Aziz's books include The Pakistani Historian, Britain and Pakistan and Public Life in Muslim India.]

A critique of history textbooks used in Pakistan.

What is being taught as History in Pakistani schools and colleges is really national mythology. And the subjects of Social Studies and Pakistan Studies are nothing but Vehicles of Political indoctrination. Our children dont learn History. They are ordered to read a carefully selected collection of falsehoods, fairy tales and plain lies. Why and how has this come about? Who is responsible for it? In what ways is this destroying the country? Why doesnt anyone protest against it?

In this book, a distinguished Pakistani historian and political scientist asks and answers these questions for the first time by making an in-depth study of 66 textbooks on these subjects currently in use in the schools and colleges of the country. He (1) lists their errors of fact, emphasis and interpretation, (2) enumerates their major omissions, (3) correct their mistakes, (4) brings out the distortions they teach and perpetuate, (5) estimates their ravaging effects on the students, and (6) measures their impact on the nation at large. He does this with documented scholarship, meticulous care, deep understanding, acute concern, and rare courage.

This is a stinging but fully deserved attack on the governments which order and prescribe these textbooks, the scholars and educationists who plan and approve them, the professors that write them, and the parents who accept them.

The contents of this book should shake every reader and throw every parent into a panic.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: The Murder of History : Pakistan

you speak as tho no other country on earth does this ?? are you a hindu, honest question cause sometimes is hard to tell with so many of u pretending to be balochi and pathan and pakistani ?? ive personally caught people using ip adresses tracing back to india lol and then we get accused of be paranoid ,joke of the century....indra gandi gets the flu and we get blamed

saynotwar

lahore this is the last personal thing i am telling you [funnny]

Brother ! Pakistanis are no more in sleep mode
we need answers! who is fooling us for last 62 years
hiding truth and fueling our lives and minds with hater

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)

saynotwar said:

I agree my friend , but pakistans history is only 60 years old so i dont know which history you are talking about , the only history that can be flawed is the war history which is ofcourse propaganda anyway which ever country you are talking about. Apart form that we have some very good and honest historians , history is an art. And historians have many ways of checking the authencity of any event being analysed.

My point was the every country to one extent or another does this and we are not different. I do not think we are filled with hatred i doubt anyone here or in pak wants to kill innocent indians or americans or non muslims. Our country have been jerked around for 60 years by one force or another ,we have alot of hate because we have been thru 5 big wars in 60 years and several mini wars. Flawed and botched history is not the reason for our hatred we have frankly had enough of the kashimir dispute and we want the hindus and the pakis to effing solve it now other wise we will take them down with us. Its that simple.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Before going any further please also take a look at the history books used in UK,USA,india and history books written by europeans in general to see how much space they use to describe the more than 1200 years of rule by the Usmania Sultanet compared to Alexander or even the Rennaisanse etc.

saynotwar

StaR

I am highly impressed with your knowledge and quality of arguments.You mean to say that we can also cheat because others are also cheating with their people.Did you completely forget that who was prophet Muhammed(PBUH) SADIQ and AMIN.In Our holy QURAN
last verse of AL-ASR !

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
Verily Man is in loss,
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds,
and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth,
and of Patience and Constancy.

[pk flag]

saynotwar

furry87 said:
saynotwar said:

I agree my friend , but pakistans history is only 60 years old so i dont know which history you are talking about , the only history that can be flawed is the war history which is ofcourse propaganda anyway which ever country you are talking about. Apart form that we have some very good and honest historians , history is an art. And historians have many ways of checking the authencity of any event being analysed.

My point was the every country to one extent or another does this and we are not different. I do not think we are filled with hatred i doubt anyone here or in pak wants to kill innocent indians or americans or non muslims. Our country have been jerked around for 60 years by one force or another ,we have alot of hate because we have been thru 5 big wars in 60 years and several mini wars. Flawed and botched history is not the reason for our hatred we have frankly had enough of the kashimir dispute and we want the hindus and the pakis to effing solve it now other wise we will take them down with us. Its that simple.

From 1947 to 2010 IS THIS 60 YEARS! ANY ONE NEED MATH TUITION HERE! [pk flag]

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)

saynotwar said:
furry87 said:
saynotwar said:

From 1947 to 2010 IS THIS 60 YEARS! ANY ONE NEED MATH TUITION HERE! [pk flag]
lol what the hell?? are you serious ?? your gonna make say the exact figure ???so this is what is left to argue about ?? haha i give up

saynotwar

furry87 said:

[pk flag]

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
@ saynotwar

?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ???????????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ????? ???

saynotwar

Pakistani Lion said:
@ saynotwar

?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?? ???? ???? ????? ????? ?? ??? ???? ?? ??? ???? ??? ?? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ?? ??????? ????? ??? ???????????? ?? ??? ??? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ?????? ??? ???? ????? ?? ?? ??? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ?? ??? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ?? ???? ??? ?? ???? ????? ?? ???? ?? ?? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?? ???? ??? ???? ??? ???? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ???? ?? ???? ?? ???? ???? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ???? ????? ???

JUST READ THE BOOK FIRST THEN COMMENT [pk flag]

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
saynotwar said:
Pakistani Lion said:
@ saynotwar

I agree aik bohat ghair ahem mauzu hai , future day pakistan does not have much history speaking in relative terms ofcourse..and the past history does not effect us in the ways ie it is not a big deal if we believe some exgurated truths from the past...believing that he mughals were something they are not has not effect on us today. i still do not understand why ud make such a big for 3 years

Pakistani Lion

MPA (400+ posts)
saynotwar said:
Pakistani Lion said:
@ saynotwar

Who said anything about the book - did you actually read my comment, or could you even read my comment!!!???