The New Holy Cow Of Pakistan - previously it was Army/ISI - guess who now? guess before opening.

mjzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
There is not only a lot of corruption but also power corruption in Pakistan. Just to use power in a corrupt manner is a norm in Pakistan. Our Army, ISI and Civil Establishment together, have been playing with Pakistan for a long time. It took over 9 years for public (after different channels started in 2001) and media to open their mouths against the huge corruption by Army/ISI. Our Army/ISI have damaged the country more than saving it. (Note: in the program link given below, I am not siding with the woman - i totally recognize that while we have created problems in India, the Indian counterpart of ISI i.e. RAW has not done less in Pakistan). I still am an advocate of good relations with India but both these agencies and terrorists on both sides (Pak and Ind) need to be fixed.

Now there is a new holy cow as shown in the program below - it's MEDIA. As media has got a lot of power now, they get a chance to be corrupt and power corrupt. Media is making billions of rupees in corruption now. In this program GEO has censored the name of anchors. Why?

http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthre...-the-Two-Nation-Theory-become-irrelevant-quot

While there have been many evidences of media corruption already, one recent evidence worth mentioning was the behavior of media regarding Imran Khan's 13th Aug dharna. That was ridiculous step by Media (both print and electronic).

Our public has a very bad DEPENDENT tendency with sometimes legitimate but foolish hopes. Whenever a new govt or Marshal Law comes in, our people start expecting a lot and then after some time start getting irritated. An even worse thing is that they start saying "we want the former back". This attitude is part of destruction of Pakistan. Currently, the nation has started saying "is say tau Musharaf achha tha" and "we want Army back". The nation's vision is very very very limited, hence the poor and tailored education system and values in the country.

Now, for the past few months, in line with the above attitude, our public started expecting a lot from media; and its not only general public, I saw great analysts on TV, and politicians, even Imran Khan, who have been expecting a lot from media. I used to laugh watching that. Don't make yourself fool by assigning another person or concept as a savior. Be incharge of your own lives and destiny and the destiny of this country.

Another previous example was expecting a lot from CJP after the judiciary restoration movement. First of all, CJP can just do so much. CJP doesn't have an Army and our Army works more against the interests of Pakistan than in the interests of Pakistan. So what can CJ do? Moreover, what happens when Iftikhar Ch retires? What if a corrupt judge comes again? That is not something impossible - actually quite easy to do in Pakistan.

The final point is the same as in bold above i.e. just take care of the country yourself. Establish strong systems. Don't trust on these institutions before you build up these institutions in a way that they can win more of your trust. Moreover, even after we do our best, human nature would not change, so we cannot close our eyes and leave our destinies in others' hands. It's same as we leave Islam on the Maulvi (or another religion on priest, paadri, etc.) and make him the thekaidaar of Islam. He is not. We are all responsible for our own learning of Islam or whatever our religion is, as much as anyone else is.

But some of the big problems:
We have short memories: Even people reading my note above will forget it in a few hours instead of picking up something good from here and implementing.
Also, we will do the same thing again i.e. distribute mithai for the new government (like people did for Musharaf - the nation should have stood by Nawaz Sharif at that time and literally killed Musharaf - Pakistan would have been much better).
We are very jazbati qaum and keep on doing shirk without realizing: Although I have written a neutral note but still some people would be there who would dislike it. I have included politicians, media, judiciary and army but there would be some (probably army general-worshippers) who will dislike.
We have become bai-hiss: Thousands of our brothers and sisters are killed everyday. We do a short term "oh i m sorry" but don't do anything long-term. We don't feel their pain. We still keep on voting for PPP, ANP, MQM type parties, who we clearly know (or atleast have lots of evidence) that these do not work in the interests of the country. Why do we want to prove our loyalties? Why can't we just get out on streets and take charge of this country and stop these killings? If there is someone ready to lead, we still do not go and back him up (mentioning about Imran Khan).

An important point on Imran Khan: All of the above apply to Imran Khan as well. While he is the best option right now, it doesn't mean that we blindly follow him. He should be accountable to us. If he does anything wrong, he should be immediately taken care of - and if he proves to be the same, he should be penalized. However, how to judge whether he is doing right or wrong? Media? Nooooo...no way. I have seen so many times how the readers of this forum get influenced by media. Ofcourse that is what media is for. That is why due to CNN, FOX and others like those, Muslims have been proved to be terrorists, brutal people, killers, etc. If you want to believe media, then believe CNN, FOX, etc. as well and then Nauzubillah hate Islam and Muslims. If not, then try to understand, media is not a holy cow. Actually it's very corrupt - as we have recently seen.

Conclusion: Before we can do anything for Pakistan, what needs to be done is: WAKE UP. And while many of you might be thinking "i m awak" "i know; others don't" then also realize, many other people are thinking that way.... means most of us are still sleeping.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Yar Maj. it is not new.

It is very old Deemak for Pakistan. Has eaten every thing.

Military Bureaucracy is more sever than civil bureaucracy.

And some time they join together.