The poorest of the world live in India

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
In the largest world democracy of India, 830 million out of its 1.10 billion population still live in abject poverty earning just 20 rupees (40 pence) despite 61 years of so called prestigious democracy. In the Indian Lok Sabas 543 seats: over 100 MPs' are billionaires; 180 million are multi-millionaires; 150 MPs are facing trials for murders, rapes, embezzlement and in 2004, 138 MPs were on trial. 22% of the world population live in India and 40% are down trodden untouchables who carry this stigma of Untouchables from birth to their death and until the end of this universe in the largest democracy.

In India 20.7 million babies are born on average each year but over 3.5 million do not live to their next birthday because of mal-nourishment, food shortage, disease and despicable habitation. Economists blame this demographic division because 49% of the Indian children under the age of six are malnourished, as evident from their skinny limbs, pale faces, empty stares and the plight of the miserable environment in which they live and grow.

After 61 years of independence, India has achieved kuch nahi - nothing - for the 650 million Indian rural poor who live in abject poverty and cannot afford one meal a day, and are trapped in a miserable world without any prospects. They were poor 61 years ago and are even poorer now after 61 years despite India's rapid and steady economic growth of 8% for the last 10 years. In 2007, the Asian Development Bank released a report confirming that despite the boom, the gap between the Indian rich and poor has widened beyond belief. One of the reasons for this gap is bad planning, failure to invest in health, education and social welfare, which has left hundreds of millions of poor Indians without any hope and dangerously low on survival prospects in their iniquitous society riddled with the Hindu caste system. The majority of these rural poor living in grinding poverty earn as little as 40 pence 80 US cents a day doing every menial job available when they migrate to towns and cities looking for work, and have to live in the worst slumps seen in the world. This poverty trap will never be broken in India as long as its poor are treated as untouchables and sub-humans.

As the Indian few multi-multi billionaires, billionaires and multi-millionires rich grow fatter and fatter at the expense of the poor, it is alarming many economic pundits that this inequality and disparity could easily backfire and jeopardize the Indian claim to be the largest democracy. Increasingly the rural poor are getting agitated, and in October 2007, 200,000 villagers from 25 villages across India marched to the capital to protest and demonstrate against their neglect by their corrupt government of the rich for the rich and democracy of the rich, for the rich and by the rich. One has only to look at the outskirts of Indian big cities to find abject poverty in which over 700 million poor people live. It is worst than the rats live and survive in the sewage drains. Indian democracy is a rich mans sick joke on a poor mans misery and wrethced existence and struggle for survival. In fact, the Indian. "Democracy is of the rich, for the rich and by the rich."

The Indian model of so called 'largest democracy' is also the biggest poverty ridden country in the world. In the USA, the senate and Congress have many members who protect the interests of mafia, arms manufacturers, oil moguls and financial crooks and fraudsters. In the UK, in the recent revelation of MPs dishonest and greedy expense claims reflected that they were and will always remain interested in their own wallets and pockets more than their constituents. As a matter of fact liberal democracy encourages crooks, criminals, fraudsters and greedy to flourish at the expense of millions of poor and deprived of a society. Democracy is not a solution to the miserable lives of billions of have nots and wretched poor but a continuation of a bigger misery under the so called respectable, democracy.

Indian farmers left without money due to failing crops, debt-ridden farmers in Bundelkhand, Uttar Pradesh, have reportedly been selling their wives to money lenders for Rs 4,000 - 12,000 (50-150). The more beautiful the woman, the higher the price that she fetches, it was claimed. The deals are allegedly being settled on a legal stamp paper under the heading "Vivaha Anubandh" meaning Marriage Contract. Once the new "husband" is tired of the woman, she is allegedly sold to another man.
The National Commission for Women (NCW) is now sending a team to investigate the reports. Girija Vyas, chief of the NCW, said: "It is awful and unbelievable that it still happens in the country, and that too in Uttar Pradesh where the chief minister is a woman.
"We are sending a team to find out the details and have asked for the report within 24 hours." She added that the commission had also written a letter to the state's chief minister. One of the victims said: "My husband sold me to another man for Rs 8,000 (100) only. My buyer took me to the court to make our wedding look legal. During the trip I got the chance to escape." In most cases, the women are illiterate and cannot read what is written in the "contract".

A farmer who helped expose the situation to the Indian media said he is now being harassed. "I was summoned to the police station and questioned," the man who is known only as Kalicharan said. "I told them I had spoken to the media because no one was listening to us. But they threatened me and said I was lying. My wife was also called to the police station." With reports suggesting that thousands of farmers in the region are involved, the situation has spiralled into a major political crisis. Opposition parties are blaming the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government led by chief minister Mayawati for the problem. The state Congress president Rita Bahuguna Joshi said: "It is a painful situation. I am sending a team of Congress workers to help these women." A spokesman for leading opposition, the Bharatiya Janata Party, said: "Both the BSP-led state government and the Congress at the centre are responsible for this. "The centre has been talking of creating a separate authority for Bundelkhand while some factions want a state. Nobody is helping these farmers."

Indian democracy is a rich mans sick joke on a poor mans misery and wrethced existence and struggle for survival. In fact, the Indian. "Democracy is of the rich, for the rich and by the rich." This reminds me about a story of a poor Indian farmer who could only afford to buy one loaf of bread every week to feed his family but on the other hand, his master bought as many loaves, cakes, meat, vegetables, rice and feed his dogs as well. Things got worse for the farmer when he found out that his master was sleeping with his daughter. He withdrew his services as his democratic right and refused to plant the wheat crop. This caused a massive protest by his fellow worker causing price of loaf to double and then treble.

The poor farmer ran out of his savings and became penniless and his were starving. The master was still rich but bought provided his family with plenty of food. The farmer's wife got very mad at her husband for not making any money from selling the crop and seeing her children starveling. She had no other alternative but to go and plead with her husbands master for a small loan. He agreed but on the condition that she would have to go to bed with him, which she conceded. So, she earned enough money to feed her entire family. One day at the dinner table, the farmer said to the wife that his decision to withdraw his labor force was right after all but asked her: how do you manage to deed us all? The wife smiled and told him to enjoy his dinner and not to ask questions, I have democratic rights; you know, and I have used them. Often decisions have unintended consequences.
I hope that Dr Farooq Saleem finds time to read my article.

Jabral Tariq

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
It is an irony and paradox that India is one of the nuclear powers in the world but at the same time is a country where over 700 million (40%) of the world's most poor live. It will take another 150 -200 years if abject poverty is eradicated from India but that would depend if the Hindus assimilate with 0ver 300 million 'Untouchables' of the society or reject Hinduism.

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes I have read a similar article a few weeks back and was shocked inspite of having sufficient knowledge about the indian social problems.
Now imagine a situation where the resentments rising among the people and the poor getting increasingly disgruntled with the state of affairs leading to an uprising and right smack in the middle of this is the indian nuclear program which already has taken several hits in the form of material having being stolen and scientist being kidnapped and killed, how will the indian government tools will deal with this chaotic situation?
The world is a dangerous place because indians are not careful enough.

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
It is so nice to see Pakistanis taking so much interest in poverty of India my heart just cant bare the compassion from you guys. :cry:

In India we provide subsidy for the poor, even though I oppose these subsidies, the poor lines up at a store and receive subsidized necessities.

According to the news from your country Pakistan invites its poor to line up at stores for subsidized necessities and after full day wait, in a line on a hot day, tells them NO FOOD TRUCK DID NOT COME , come back tomorrow. What a cruel joke on your poor and its repeated day in day out.

Maybe if you guys stop supporting your terrorist organizations Like Jamat ul Dawa, ISI and others and use the funds to look after your own poor and if you cant find any poverty in Pakistan let me know.

Saladin A

Minister (2k+ posts)
what's up doc:

Perhaps you have a very weak eye sight or walk wearing blinkers when you pass around the worst slumps found in the world in every Indian city where millions of Indian hopeless poor scrounge at the rubbish tips to find anything possible to eat.

There is nothing to be so proud of Indian progress when over 700 million of its poor can not buy half a meal a day for their families and die hungry on the roads of starvation, diseases and committing suicides.

In India, sadly, the poor queue up at the rubbish tips to fight to death for food whilst their government wastes billions of dollars on space projects. It is such a shame and disgrace on human dignity and conscience.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Saladin A said:
In the largest world democracy of India, 830 million out of its 1.10 billion population still live in abject poverty earning just 20 rupees (40 pence) despite 61 years of so called prestigious democracy. In the Indian Lok Sabas 543 seats: over 100 MPs' are billionaires; 180 million are multi-millionaires; 150 MPs are facing trials for murders, rapes, embezzlement and in 2004, 138 MPs were on trial. 22% of the world population live in India and 40% are down trodden untouchables who carry this stigma of Untouchables from birth to their death and until the end of this universe in the largest democracy.

Saladin saheb

yaar yeh such such likhney ki ky azaroorat thi?
you sure know how to piss off Indians [hilar] [hilar]

Shine on India [funnny]

gazoomartian

Saladin A said:

hey all, I need some votes here. What do you all think about calling India

1. The largest poor-o-cracy
2. The largest shitt-o-cracy
3. The largest terror-o-cracy

Which one would you choose? No offence meant to our esteemed Indian visitors of course :)

gazoomartian

Saladin A said:
Indian farmers left without money due to failing crops, debt-ridden farmers in Bundelkhand, Uttar Pradesh, have reportedly been selling their wives to money lenders for Rs 4,000 - 12,000 (50-150). The more beautiful the woman, the higher the price that she fetches, it was claimed. The deals are allegedly being settled on a legal stamp paper under the heading "Vivaha Anubandh" meaning Marriage Contract. Once the new "husband" is tired of the woman, she is allegedly sold to another man.
The National Commission for Women (NCW) is now sending a team to investigate the reports. Girija Vyas, chief of the NCW, said: "It is awful and unbelievable that it still happens in the country, and that too in Uttar Pradesh where the chief minister is a woman.
"We are sending a team to find out the details and have asked for the report within 24 hours." She added that the commission had also written a letter to the state's chief minister. One of the victims said: "My husband sold me to another man for Rs 8,000 (100) only. My buyer took me to the court to make our wedding look legal. During the trip I got the chance to escape." In most cases, the women are illiterate and cannot read what is written in the "contract".

The consequences of selling women is illigitimate pregnancy, AIDS, herpes and any other kind of STD's you can think of......

This is our neghbor's democracy. If Indian didnt conduct nuclear test, we didnt have to do it either, diverting billions toward developments etc....

all provinces, districts, and counties of India should revolt and overthrow the fed govt, declare independent countries.

Sikhs are very brave, courageous, and entrepreneur. They should take the lead and show to their fellow Indians that its in the benefit of the people to separate from the confedration and have their own country.

They will be much better off and they shall have no fear from Pakistan, for we are not terrorist as Indian govt. It will be definitley in the best interest of all newly created Indian countries and Pakistan. There will be eternal peace

Sikhs! get ready for the revolt

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
Saladin A said:
what's up doc:

Perhaps you have a very weak eye sight or walk wearing blinkers when you pass around the worst slumps found in the world in every Indian city where millions of Indian hopeless poor scrounge at the rubbish tips to find anything possible to eat.

There is nothing to be so proud of Indian progress when over 700 million of its poor can not buy half a meal a day for their families and die hungry on the roads of starvation, diseases and committing suicides.

In India, sadly, the poor queue up at the rubbish tips to fight to death for food whilst their government wastes billions of dollars on space projects. It is such a shame and disgrace on human dignity and conscience.

Now I see the whole situation in a new light after reading you in bold letters.

I am proud of our space program and I the funding to it should be increased.

India is a not a welfare state the poor has been told for the last 50 years not have kids if you cant afford.

You are a welfare state whats your excuse, for your convince look and see the conditions in your own country before you go outside

Let me be the one to shock you by showing you the conditions of children in your slums

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz41NxsnMGg[/video]

Mr Gazzoomartian it will take you a month to recover from yesterday's read before you are restored to your some what unbalanced mind

gazoomartian said:
Saladin A said:

hey all, I need some votes here. What do you all think about calling India

1. The largest poor-o-cracy
2. The largest shitt-o-cracy
3. The largest terror-o-cracy

Which one would you choose? No offence meant to our esteemed Indian visitors of course :)

its a difficult question [hmmm] , can we have option to mark all of the points would it be right if yes then i will tick all these. ;)

Star Gazer

Whats Up Doc said:
[quote="Saladin A":1nhmxt77]what's up doc:

I am proud of our space program and I the funding to it should be increased.

India is a not a welfare state the poor has been told for the last 50 years not have kids if you cant afford.

You are a welfare state whats your excuse, for your convince look and see the conditions in your own country before you go outside

Let me be the one to shock you by showing you the conditions of children in your slums

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz41NxsnMGg[/video]

Mr Gazzoomartian it will take you a month to recover from yesterday's read before you are restored to your some what unbalanced mind
[/quote:1nhmxt77]

I would have loved to see the above mentioned remarks from you had you been born in a slum to extermely poor parents,just try to live a few days of their life and then come back to us and tell us how wonderfull it is for india that it is not a welfare state, and this manner of thinking which is cold, callous and corrupted is the reason that you will never solve these problems untill you change your way of thinking.
As far as we are concerned we never claim to be the largest democracy in the world nor do we try to decieve the world by calling our selves 'SHINING'. Our problem is your country which just can not stop interferring in our matters and never stops funding all the nefarious elements out to hurt us.
Let me enlighten you a little more, Pick up any book of history and you will find that it is always the TRUTH that has finally won, never money, riches or power. Those who do not remember history have to relive it! so get ready!!

Whats Up Doc

Councller (250+ posts)
sobia403 said:
I would have loved to see the above mentioned remarks from you had you been born in a slum to extermely poor parents,just try to live a few days of their life and then come back to us and tell us how wonderfull it is for india that it is not a welfare state, and this manner of thinking which is cold, callous and corrupted is the reason that you will never solve these problems untill you change your way of thinking.
As far as we are concerned we never claim to be the largest democracy in the world nor do we try to decieve the world by calling our selves 'SHINING'. Our problem is your country which just can not stop interferring in our matters and never stops funding all the nefarious elements out to hurt us.
Let me enlighten you a little more, Pick up any book of history and you will find that it is always the TRUTH that has finally won, never money, riches or power. Those who do not remember history have to relive it! so get ready!!

Let me address all your points maybe you can think about them.

-I would have loved to see the above mentioned remarks from you had you been born in a slum to extermely poor parents,just try to live a few days of their life and then come back to us and tell us how wonderfull it is for india that it is not a welfare state.

If I was born poor, poor blind, poor with polio in a slum than those were my cards and I had to make the best of them but I would make no demand that its the duty of the society to look after me.

I was born to a low middle class family lived in a very small house my parents worked hard to provide us with all the necessities of life including education he married my mother after he had a decent job and had children .We lived in a street with about fifty houses. Some times our street was visited by beggars and we used to chase them out of our street. There is nothing my parents or our neighbors could do for them.

There used to be a constant campaign for family planning and free contraceptives were available to anyone. I still chase out all beggars from my neighborhood.

-Pick up any book of history and you will find that it is always the TRUTH that has finally won, never money, riches or power. Those who do not remember history hav

This is the statement of truth and truth always wins.

To Most Pakistanis the truth is only what they say. Example:

1947 According to your own military generals one of them is Asghar Khan, it was Pakistan who invaded Kashmir and we are supposed to believe your TRUTH that it was India who was the aggressor.

1965 According to recent documentary by Dawn News called revisiting 1965(its on you tube) it was Pakistan who launched operation Gibraltar against India and we are suppose to accept your TRUTH that it was India who was the aggressor. It is your delusional thinking that did not get you any international support, in that you believe that you can fool everyone by denying but the truth won.

-As far as we are concerned we never claim to be the largest democracy in the world nor do we try to decieve the world by calling our selves 'SHINING'.

It would be an obvious lie on your part if you were to consider your self the largest democracy, go ahead and make the claim and continue with your tradition of lying.

This is the TRUTH India is the largest democracy in the world. If you can point out any other country in the world that has the bigger voter data base than we will withdraw these remarks. We do not tell the world India Shining we tell ourselves India Shining because of our own achievements, I understand to you they amount to nothing and we respect your opinion. India is what it is we call it shinning and you say its not.

You are constantly whining that we interfere with you internally, thats tit for tat. You resolve your difference with Balochis stop stealing from them and let them vote whether they want in Pakistan or not. These Balochis were unfortunate that no one came to their defense when Kalat was taken militarily by Pakistan.

Back to the poor people, personally I donate my recourses to causes that are close to me medical research, animal welfare are my charities feeding and clothing the poor is not one of them. I donate during natural disasters the recent one is earthquake in Haiti.

Its your claim that you are a welfare society than you set an example for us by feeding, clothing, educating and employing all your citizens and I will bet the world will follow your example including myself. Stop blaming your failures on India. After India the most important word to you is Badkismati this word is also responsible for your failures after India this world does not exist in the vocabulary of most Indians

Star Gazer

@whatsupdoc
Ok now that you have vented you must be feeling better!
Let me give you an example of you interefrernce,you are on a Pkaistani forum and should be just observing but no you are trying to force your points, whereas I am on my home site and Not on an indian site and yet you think we are the problem!
You are blinded by your dislike towards Pakistan and you would rather believe some odd reports trying to say something which is in your favor but disregard the hundreds of others which are not according to your wishes, Lets see what Mr. Jaswant Singh has to say in his book, that india is discriminatory towards Muslims and other minorities so according to your logic then that should be what we go by and insisit like you do that this is the truth! Alright then this is the truth and lets stick to our points of view and you should probably stick to indian forums.
Another example of your inability to curb that old habit of interference is that you are 'advising us ' to let Balochistan decide for itself ,it is like I say why don't you let the bengali's and assami's and sikkim and tamili's and other decide for themselves. As far as Kashmir is concerned it is an internationally recognized disputed territory and if you can not respect the committments of international community then I can not and will not trust you for even a drop of water and I do not care what you think about me!
If you think the solution to your problems lies in suppressing them and shovelling them under tha carpet then go ahead and do that, I can not wish you luck because it is doomed scheme.