US envoy pays flying visit to PTI chiefs call

1-Man-Army

Senator (1k+ posts)
[h=1]US envoy pays flying visit to PTI chiefs call[/h] By: Sikander Shaheen | Published: August 13, 2011
ISLAMABAD - As the political graph of Imran Khan presumably figures high on political tables, the PTI leader seems switching his preferences on reconciliatory mode to stride smooth sailing with hostile but brazenly powerful diplomatic quarters.

The expectedly unexpected arrival of the US envoy at the fundraising dinner for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre might have popped some eyebrows to get raised, it was a very much pre-empted affair, in a rare occurrence that saw the ice of hostility melting between the hawkish Pakistani elite and the super powers diplomatic diaspora.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief was generous to send out invitations to over 750 guests comprising potential socialites, diplomatic circles, politicians, businessmen, bureaucrats, journalists and representatives of NGOs for Fridays gathering held at a luxury hotel. The fundraising call following an Iftar dinner was well reciprocated by the audiences with Imrans team finally ending up with something like Rs 15 million in its account.

During his brief visit, the US Envoy to Pakistan Cameron Munter paid a flying visit on Imrans call and left the gathering few minutes before the Iftar was to be served. Some organisers of the fundraising dinner, who requested not to be identified for obvious reasons, shared with this newspaper that it was well settled between Imrans men and the US Embassy that the US envoy would leave before formal start of the fundraising campaign, which kicked off right after Iftar. Reportedly, Imran and his team kept the US ambassadors visit on a low key to avoid publicity of his arrival. Ambassador Munter was cordially invited but he had to leave because certain negativities might have recurred if his stay at our campaign was prolonged, the organisers said.

Hesitantly yet finally, Imran Khan thanked Munter and his counterparts from other countries for showing up on his call. Im thankful to Bangladeshi and Japanese envoys for being here. I also thank the American Ambassador Cameron Munter who was here but has left now for coming to this fundraising campaign, Khan said with sneakily embarrassing smile on his face.

The glimpses one could catch on Friday were quite unbecoming of a hawkish Imran Khan. A vocal and blunt critic of the US policies, Khan virtually never spared a chance to fly at the throats of Americans. From the sit-ins to block Nato supplies in Afghanistan to public rallies against the drone hits, Imran Khan never chewed words to take on the US in toughest possible manner while staying in the realms of his democratic freedom.

Not enough, Imran habitually terms the US government and its puppet Pakistani counterparts as root of all ills in Pakistan and elsewhere. Whether Munters showing up on Imrans call would impact the inflexible style of politics the latter has had been practising religiously, leaves for the future to infer. The word has it that weary of his almost decade-and-half long futile struggle, Imran Khan wants to stir some ripples in power circles and devises his political strategy accordingly.

With the next general polls peeking from far, the PTI leader might have realised to shake hands with rivals in the national interest.

Nevertheless, the fundraising dinner was an apt reflection of the trust and faith the people of Pakistan at large dispose in Imran Khan. When I had started campaign for Shaukat Khanum, we had collected 15 million rupees in two years and now in a recent fundraiser in Lahore, we collected 80 million rupees in an hour. We have really come a long way. The credit goes to my team and people f Pakistan, an all-applausive Khan said.

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-...US-envoy-pays-flying-visit-to-PTI-chiefs-call

freshnkool

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is raising my eye brows too . . . .

if ambasoders including from muslim countries , and none msulim countries come what is wrong in it??? does it mean we need to cut ties with all no

but we do not need to become poodles of others and compromise our interst thats all. otherwise in the cold war time even american and russian politicans used to meet and call eachother. we have fought 3 wars with india but our politicians kept meeting.

what we need to understand is that we should keep relation with all but we should not become poodle of anyone .

but problem is when nawaz and zardari compromise on natinal intrest and become poodles of america and play their games to save own billions which they looted from paksitan and are in london and Switzerland

Zoaib

Minister (2k+ posts)
Looks more like a conspiracy theory to me. It's nothing strange for Imran to praise the participants of a fund-raiser for Shaukat Khanum. For his charity work, any one is welcome and this is separate from his policies vis-a-vis the Americans. But I think there will be advances by the Americans as he grows in popularity...which is a good sign. Not only the Americans, PTI also had meeting with the Chinese Ambassador some time back.

Lodhi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Imran always keeps Politics and its social work seprate so if he calls Munter for fundraising dinner for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, we cant mix it with its politics. I think there is noting wrong with it and no one should criticize it.

habib22

MPA (400+ posts)
what ever is wrong it is wrong, PTI workers do not justify, this behavior in past is bad for country , for party ,and for vtoers, at the time when whole nation is distancing , visit of us officles is damaging to PTI, specialy when a new party creating an image for interdependent Pakistan and gave strong statement and peoples have sympathy with IMRAN KHAN

saadkiakaray

Minister (2k+ posts)
please my emotional ppl , just trust ur leader .he will never let us downINSHALLAH . politics is complicated system. he knows well how to tackle.:)

anyie1

IK never said he wants to break relations with USA. he always stresses that our nation should not be a puppet of America. i don't see anything wrong in Munter meeting with IK for fund raising. USA has realized that IK is going to be a big gun in the future that's why they want to come closer to him, I trust IK that he will not become a puppy of the states........

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
US envoy pays ‘flying’ visit to PTI chief’s call

By: Sikander Shaheen | Published: August 13, 2011
ISLAMABAD - As the political graph of Imran Khan presumably figures high on political tables, the PTI leader seems switching his preferences on reconciliatory mode to stride smooth sailing with hostile but brazenly powerful diplomatic quarters.

The expectedly ‘unexpected’ arrival of the US envoy at the fundraising dinner for Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Centre might have popped some eyebrows to get raised, it was a very much pre-empted affair, in a rare occurrence that saw the ice of ‘hostility’ melting between the hawkish Pakistani elite and the super power’s diplomatic diaspora.

The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief was generous to send out invitations to over 750 guests comprising ‘potential’ socialites, diplomatic circles, politicians, businessmen, bureaucrats, journalists and representatives of NGOs for Friday’s gathering held at a luxury hotel. The fundraising call following an Iftar dinner was well reciprocated by the audiences with Imran’s team finally ending up with something like Rs 15 million in its account.

During his brief visit, the US Envoy to Pakistan Cameron Munter paid a ‘flying’ visit on Imran’s call and left the gathering few minutes before the Iftar was to be served. Some organisers of the fundraising dinner, who requested not to be identified for obvious reasons, shared with this newspaper that it was well settled between Imran’s men and the US Embassy that the US envoy would leave before formal start of the fundraising campaign, which kicked off right after Iftar. Reportedly, Imran and his team kept the US ambassador’s visit on a low key to avoid publicity of his arrival. “Ambassador Munter was cordially invited but he had to leave because certain negativities might have recurred if his stay at our campaign was prolonged,” the organisers said.

Hesitantly yet finally, Imran Khan thanked Munter and his counterparts from other countries for showing up on his call. “I’m thankful to Bangladeshi and Japanese envoys for being here. I also thank the American Ambassador Cameron Munter who was here but has left now for coming to this fundraising campaign,” Khan said with sneakily embarrassing smile on his face.

The glimpses one could catch on Friday were quite ‘unbecoming’ of a hawkish Imran Khan. A vocal and blunt critic of the US policies, Khan virtually never spared a chance to fly at the throats of Americans. From the sit-ins to block Nato supplies in Afghanistan to public rallies against the drone hits, Imran Khan never chewed words to take on the US in toughest possible manner while staying in the realms of his democratic freedom.

Not enough, Imran habitually terms the US government and its ‘puppet’ Pakistani counterparts as root of all ills in Pakistan and elsewhere. Whether Munter’s showing up on Imran’s call would impact the inflexible style of politics the latter has had been practising religiously, leaves for the future to infer. The word has it that weary of his almost decade-and-half long futile struggle, Imran Khan wants to stir some ripples in power circles and devises his political strategy accordingly.

With the next general polls peeking from far, the PTI leader might have realised to shake hands with ‘rivals’ in the ‘national interest.’

Nevertheless, the fundraising dinner was an apt reflection of the trust and faith the people of Pakistan at large dispose in Imran Khan. “When I had started campaign for Shaukat Khanum, we had collected 15 million rupees in two years and now in a recent fundraiser in Lahore, we collected 80 million rupees in an hour. We have really come a long way. The credit goes to my team and people f Pakistan,” an all-applausive Khan said.

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-...US-envoy-pays-flying-visit-to-PTI-chiefs-call

I wish Munter had not shown his manhoos face.

Whereas nothing wrong with ambassadors from Muslim countries, and Japan, China etc, officials from US/UK are definitely worth being alarmed. You all may be all thrilled that Munter came, but in his appearance I see a trouble (s). When American/British come, they come without any sincerity. They come with one thing in mind 'How do we take over the govt'

First they will offer 'loan', then they will start dictating what you can do and must not do. Wen Palestine state was in the works after the 1991 gulf terrorism, US offered $12B to future new state, that Israel eventually derailed.

It should not take a rocket scientist to conclude what these 'loans' mean and where it will take a nation. You dont have to go too far, look at our own country. Aids, which was actually 'loans' to drive Soviets out of Afghanistan, has brought us to bankruptcy. One thing has led to another and now Pakistan can not make a minor decision, such as, to stop target killings, without the blessings of Uncle Sam.

Referring to the target killings, PM Gillani said once: We should be allowed to do few things our own way.

Obviously he was referring to US intervention in taking concrete steps, such as army deployment, in KHI to contain the lawlessness and loss of lives. US does not want target killing stopped so the chaos, and frustration continues.

In short, I would have preferred to see Munter not invited or not appear. My own opinion.

Scorpion

Banned
if ambasoders including from muslim countries , and none msulim countries come what is wrong in it??? does it mean we need to cut ties with all no

but we do not need to become poodles of others and compromise our interst thats all. otherwise in the cold war time even american and russian politicans used to meet and call eachother. we have fought 3 wars with india but our politicians kept meeting.

what we need to understand is that we should keep relation with all but we should not become poodle of anyone .

but problem is when nawaz and zardari compromise on natinal intrest and become poodles of america and play their games to save own billions which they looted from paksitan and are in london and Switzerland

Dear,

One keeps diplomatic relations with a country who gives respect in return . . . . But not with the USA, who is currently violating our sovereignty on daily basis in the shape of Drone Attacks and Commando raids . . . . Intelligence agencies of the USA are currently engaged in an unannounced war with in our borders which is resulting in Bomb Blasts on daily basis . . . .

What was the need than to invite the representative of a country who is responsible for murdering my people . . . .

Imran Khan claims for dis engaging from this US war for terror and the only way to do it is by breaking all the Diplomatic contacts with the Americans . . . . Not done like that and even IK will become a poodle fighting this American war for them . . . .

If it was a mistake than no problem, but if he is looking for some short cuts . . . . Than Shame . . . .

Scorpion

Banned
IK never said he wants to break relations with USA. he always stresses that our nation should not be a puppet of America. i don't see anything wrong in Munter meeting with IK for fund raising. USA has realized that IK is going to be a big gun in the future that's why they want to come closer to him, I trust IK that he will not become a puppy of the states........

Read my above post Dear . . . .

humdaan

Senator (1k+ posts)
ha ha ha that is exactly what i mean by imran khan he change his stance on daily basis. what about imran khan slogan when he come in power he will totally cut down american aids.so its alright to take charity from usa but not aids.what about big talk we will stand on our own feet cant even run hospital with out america and indian actresses.once a begger always a begger.congratulation pti supporter only one political party can bring change in pakistan ie mqm.with mqm u might not get fairy tale stories.what you see what you get ie honesty ,merrit,no racial hateret,above all equality and merrit. aqal kay andhoo jag jai before its to late .mqm zindabad pakistan zindabad

mehwish_ali

عمران خان کے متعلق میری رائے یہ ہے کہ وہ "اپنے مفادات" کی خاطر ہر کام کرنے پر تیار ہے، چاہے اس سے "پاکستان کے مفادات" کو نقصان ہی کیوں نہ پہنچتا ہو۔

ایک امریکی سفیر ہی کیا چیز ہے، جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو وہ نائن زیرہ جا کر تقریر میں الطاف حسین کو "انقلابی لیڈر" کہتا ہے،۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو اسلام آباد میں حقیقی کے قاتل دہشتگردوں کو گود میں بٹھائے پایا جاتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو وہ نواز شریف کے خلاف مشرف کی فوجی حکومت کو خراج تحسین پیش کر رہا ہوتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو اسی نواز شریف کو "بھائی" بنائے ہوتا ہے۔ پیپلز پارٹی کبھی اس کی دشمن ہوتی ہے تو بینظر کبھی اسکی بہن بنی ہوتی تھی۔

عمران خان اگر یہ ساری سازشیں کر کے حکومت میں آ بھی گیا، تب بھی یہ ناممکن ہے کہ وہ پاکستان کو اتنی بھی ترقی دے سکے جو کہ مشرف صاحب نے اپنے دور میں دی تھی۔

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
عمران خان کے متعلق میری رائے یہ ہے کہ وہ "اپنے مفادات" کی خاطر ہر کام کرنے پر تیار ہے، چاہے اس سے "پاکستان کے مفادات" کو نقصان ہی کیوں نہ پہنچتا ہو۔

ایک امریکی سفیر ہی کیا چیز ہے، جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو وہ نائن زیرہ جا کر تقریر میں الطاف حسین کو "انقلابی لیڈر" کہتا ہے،۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو اسلام آباد میں حقیقی کے قاتل دہشتگردوں کو گود میں بٹھائے پایا جاتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران خان کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو وہ نواز شریف کے خلاف مشرف کی فوجی حکومت کو خراج تحسین پیش کر رہا ہوتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔ اور جب عمران کو مفاد نظر آتا ہے تو اسی نواز شریف کو "بھائی" بنائے ہوتا ہے۔ پیپلز پارٹی کبھی اس کی دشمن ہوتی ہے تو بینظر کبھی اسکی بہن بنی ہوتی تھی۔

عمران خان اگر یہ ساری سازشیں کر کے حکومت میں آ بھی گیا، تب بھی یہ ناممکن ہے کہ وہ پاکستان کو اتنی بھی ترقی دے سکے جو کہ مشرف صاحب نے اپنے دور میں دی تھی۔

Mehwish BB
Allah nay aapko taqut de; aap nay zul kia
Allah nay humein taqut de; hum insaaf kurrein gay!

Scorpion

Banned
ha ha ha that is exactly what i mean by imran khan he change his stance on daily basis. what about imran khan slogan when he come in power he will totally cut down american aids.so its alright to take charity from usa but not aids.what about big talk we will stand on our own feet cant even run hospital with out america and indian actresses.once a begger always a begger.congratulation pti supporter only one political party can bring change in pakistan ie mqm.with mqm u might not get fairy tale stories.what you see what you get ie honesty ,merrit,no racial hateret,above all equality and merrit. aqal kay andhoo jag jai before its to late .mqm zindabad pakistan zindabad

When I started reading your post, I thought you as some what balanced man . . . . But on reaching the end, I found you a mentally retarded ogre . . . .

This Altaf the PIG is a thousand times more a western poodle and the MQM/Its supporters are just Ghundas and Badmash with a history of showing there rears, where a brave should have stood his ground . . . .

And personally, I don t even regard Altaf the PIG and his supporters like you even muslims but pure munafiqs and fasadees . . . .