Well its official

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Congrats to all the pakistanis andd especially the Pukhtuns on their newly acquired name
Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa. You never needed a tag to tell us who you are or where you lived. I hope this recognition of identity brings us closer together for the good of our people.

ISLAMABAD: Parliamentary Committee on Constitutional Reforms has reached consensus on renaming NWFP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa.

The committee held a crucial meeting in Islamabad in which issue of renaming of NWFP and composition of judicial committee for appointing judges was reviewed.

ANP and PML-N members held a separate consultations meeting mediated by Aftab Ahmed Sherpao.

The members agreed on renaming NWFP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa which was received by huge applause in the meeting.

PML-Q had some reservations on renaming of NWFP and requested the committee to hold back formal announcement.

The committee on the composition of judicial committee for appointment of judges agreed that seventh member of the Judicial Commission would be former judge of the higher judiciary to be named by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
DawnNews

maliksum

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Don't you think its bit early for congratulations !!! If its true may Allah bless the name and the nation.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
lol there are bound to be repercussions as it would seem to the people of pakhtoonkhwa that the ANP was forced to compromise by the punjabis. But either way it is official now. I dont think it is that big of a deal as khyber is also a pakhtoon area altho not a part of the former frontier. It still does have a nice ring to it. lol if they dont like it i wouldnt mind changing the name of punjab to khyber.

khan afghan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Good news,now we should close this topic and should focus on how to educte people
about corrupt politicins,support the independent judiciary,bring all culprits setting in the
govt to justice and only work hard to expose incompetent officails and politicians.we
should also focus on opposition.

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
khan afghan said:
Good news,now we should close this topic and should focus on how to educte people
about corrupt politicins,support the independent judiciary,bring all culprits setting in the
govt to justice and only work hard to expose incompetent officails and politicians.we
should also focus on opposition.

Sadly khan sahab it wil take us two terms to get honest people up there...one term to vote out ppp and another to vote out pml. By that time i hope some one kills and disbands ppp and pml so that we dont have the option of chosing these parties again. It is not up to the youth like me to do something because im getting the feeling that our educated elders have lost hope in this system and this country and just want out.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
furry87 said:
Congrats to all the pakistanis andd especially the Pukhtuns on their newly acquired name
Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa. You never needed a tag to tell us who you are or where you lived. I hope this recognition of identity brings us closer together for the good of our people.

ISLAMABAD: Parliamentary Committee on Constitutional Reforms has reached consensus on renaming NWFP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa.

The committee held a crucial meeting in Islamabad in which issue of renaming of NWFP and composition of judicial committee for appointing judges was reviewed.

ANP and PML-N members held a separate consultations meeting mediated by Aftab Ahmed Sherpao.

The members agreed on renaming NWFP as Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa which was received by huge applause in the meeting.

PML-Q had some reservations on renaming of NWFP and requested the committee to hold back formal announcement.

The committee on the composition of judicial committee for appointment of judges agreed that seventh member of the Judicial Commission would be former judge of the higher judiciary to be named by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
DawnNews

[clap] [clap] [clap] Congrats to brotehr and sisters in the former NWFP for their own name. Another british dynasty is dead, their sun has already set

congrats to all politicians who had the wisdom to show the consensus

salute to all

furry87

Senator (1k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
furry87 said:
lol i shall officially name my first son khyber

Khyber Furry? [funnny]

I have always loved the names Khyber and Khawar. lol it has something to do with the KHA. haha i changed my mind, first son Khawar and second son Khyber which was my initial plan lol and in my excitment i blurted out all that lol ...ab koi achi larki ho gazoo bahi to mera tareef zarur kerna lol income 0 per month ,no house, no car...6 foot, fair skin and very anoying ...nehoo kaise ho gazoo bhai ,where have u been our WWW integrity needs defending :P

gazoomartian

furry87 said:
gazoomartian said:
furry87 said:
lol i shall officially name my first son khyber

Khyber Furry? [funnny]

I have always loved the names Khyber and Khawar. lol it has something to do with the KHA. haha i changed my mind, first son Khawa and second son Khyber which was my initial plan lol and in my excitment i blurted out all that lol ...nehoo kaise ho gazoo bhai ,where have u been our WWW integrity needs defending :P

As long as you dont name him Khahmakhah [hilar] [hilar]

I have been here all along brother. I am adicted to this, spend all day on puter.

What WWW integrity needs defending, enlighten me please :)

gazoomartian

sagaciouscorpion said:
Finally ... politicians have started talking some sense...

Now that NWFP is out of the way, can they concentrate on 18th ammendment and start processding on ruling for article 248(immunity)?