Who is Imran fooling? Ayesha Ijaz Khan

Adeel

Founder
Imran Khan continues to mislead. I cannot help but wonder if he can even relate to the troubles many Pakistanis and Muslims would encounter in being forcibly removed from Britain if the Conservative Party was to have its way

The other night I tuned into the Nadia Khan Show as a change from the political shows I usually watch. Lo and behold, her guest was Imran Khan, and I decided to watch the show anyway. Imran urged all Pakistanis and Muslims in Britain to support Zac Goldsmiths candidacy in Britains upcoming elections. Imran claimed that Zac, who is Imrans ex-brother-in-law, is an anti-war candidate and had in fact paid for the television screens at the anti-war rally at Trafalgar Square prior to the Iraq War, and thus must be supported by the Muslims.

Unfortunately, the show was a re-run and I could not call in. Otherwise, I would have loved to ask Mr Khan how exactly Zac became a Conservative Candidate if he is so anti-war? For those unfamiliar with British politics, let me reproduce the party-based Iraq War vote count in the House of Commons: 139 Conservative Party candidates voted for the war, while only 15 opposed it; 244 Labour Party candidates voted for the war, while only 69 opposed it; but all 63 Liberal Democrat Party candidates voted against the war, with none supporting it. It is therefore clear that the Conservative Party is the most pro-war, as only 9.7 percent of its candidates opposed the war, in comparison to 22 percent of the Labour candidates and 100 percent of the Liberal Democrat candidates, thus making the Liberal Democrats the only anti-war party of the three mainstream parties.

Interestingly, Zac Goldsmiths opponent in the Richmond Park constituency, from where he intends to contest the election, is Susan Kramer, the incumbent from the Liberal Democrat Party. Yet Imran Khan continues to mislead. He urges Muslims in Britain to support parties and candidates who would look out for their interests, much as the Jewish lobby does in the US. In case Mr Khan does not know this, Muslims in the West are already doing this. Their lobbies may not be as organised but most Muslims do tend to vote for parties and candidates who take clear anti-war positions and liberal immigration positions. The Conservative Party that Zac Goldsmith has joined is not that party.

After hearing Imrans appeal on that show, I decided to log onto Zac Goldsmiths website, and see for myself whether it was really possible for a Conservative Party candidate to take a clear anti-war position, markedly different from the party line. Nowhere on Zac Goldsmiths website is he advertising his anti-war credentials, or even mentioning paying for the television screens at the anti-war rally. In fact, to my horror, under the heading Where do I stand, Zac Goldsmith has the following to say about immigration:

The government has effectively lost control of our borders. Many people appear to be able to enter (and leave) Britain without being subjected to proper scrutiny...My own view is that the very high levels of immigration we have seen in recent years is harmful and cannot be sustained...The government needs to bring the situation firmly under control, remove those with no legal right to be here.

Since many Pakistanis and Muslims, especially those who come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds, would be adversely affected by Zac Goldsmiths stated policy, I cannot help but wonder if Imran Khan can even relate to the troubles they would encounter in being forcibly removed from Britain if the Conservative Party was to have its way.

Zac Goldsmith has been reported on in the British press for a variety of reasons including being expelled from school at the age of 17 because cannabis was allegedly found in his room, for having one of the costliest divorces in Britain, for avoiding millions of Pounds in British taxes by maintaining non-domicile status through offshore trusts set up by his father, and for rearing pigs at his organic farm in Devon.

Of all the reasons that Zac Goldsmith has made the news, the only feather in his cap is his commitment to the environment. Zac is an enthusiastic campaigner for making the planet green and reducing carbon footprints. Although this is an admirable cause, it is not one that has much support among downtrodden Muslim communities in Britain, for whom lax immigration and just foreign policy would take clear precedence.

Imran Khan has stated that Zac is like a younger brother to him, and Muslims and Pakistanis should support him because Imran has checked him out and endorsed him. Does Imran really think that the Muslims in Britain are so illiterate and unaware that they would not delve into what Zac Goldsmith really stands for and simply take Imrans word for it?

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\04\02\story_2-4-2010_pg3_6

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
Nicely written article and very true about conservative party's stand....Pakistanis in UK are concerned to their welfare first then anything else....

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Unfortunately, This is a weak point of IK.

He married a Jew girl and still supporting her family somehow.

His sons are also in the lap of jewish mom. A new bread will come out very soon.

He was very popular in Pakistan before this marriage but went down in deep depth because of his jewish marriage.

This is the misfortune of Pakistan.

pakistan is facing real crises of shortages of real leader ( Qahat Ur Rijal, perhaps)

Bushman

Voter (50+ posts)
Guys,Guys,hold your horses,Every man has his weak sides.If we wouldnt be so weak,we would be Angels or Nabi like Yousef (Pbuh).Those of us who lived in the west for long time,we know how weak we feel when we encounter a blonde,beutiful,intellegent,educated.loaded woman.Espcially we mulims.Come on now dont tell me any diffrent,if you do ,you know you are liaying.Any of us would have shaken in our shoes the same way brothers.So whats wrong if he legally married her.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Raaz said:
Unfortunately, This is a weak point of IK.

He married a Jew girl and still supporting her family somehow.

His sons are also in the lap of jewish mom. A new bread will come out very soon.

He was very popular in Pakistan before this marriage but went down in deep depth because of his jewish marriage.

This is the misfortune of Pakistan.

pakistan is facing real crises of shortages of real leader ( Qahat Ur Rijal, perhaps)

Not any more brother, Alhamdulillah, now we do have Zaid Hamid, a true patriotic, an ashiq-e-rasul (s.a.w.) and loaded with immense amount of knowledge, know-how, and wisdom. dare you find a replacement in the current list of leaders!!!!YOU CANNOT

Zaid Hamid Zindabad
Pakistan Paindabad

junk

Citizen
In the program he did not said support the conservative party. He asked to support all the anti-war candidate. Meaning regardless of any party affiliation, support all anti-war candidates.

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
sagaciouscorpion said:
Where are the Pakistan Tehreek e Internet's defending keyboard champions???

Anything to say????

Supporters of Mustakil Quomi Museebat should know if no one has written in favor of this act by IK, so they don't support it.
Common sense, which is very uncommon in MQM followers.

sagaciouscorpion

MPA (400+ posts)
Supporters of Mustakil Quomi Museebat should know if no one has written in favor of this act by IK, so they don't support it.
Common sense, which is very uncommon in MQM followers.

or they are looking for some words or some explanation....some body would probably come up with some explanation soon...

Deifying their leaders is a problem for MQM and PTI both....

And on this point... I am against both of them...

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
sagaciouscorpion said:
Where are the Pakistan Tehreek e Internet's defending keyboard champions???

Anything to say????
BECAUSE WE DO NOT SUPPORT IK UNCONDITIONALLY. HE IS WRONG HERE. WE ARE NOT UNDER GUN POINT.

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
Not any more brother, Alhamdulillah, now we do have Zaid Hamid, a true patriotic, an ashiq-e-rasul (s.a.w.) and loaded with immense amount of knowledge, know-how, and wisdom. dare you find a replacement in the current list of leaders!!!!YOU CANNOT

Zaid Hamid Zindabad
Pakistan Paindabad

Shukar hai gazzo bhai aap nay yeh to maan lia k imran khan ghalat hai .kiyun k app k do favourite thay aik imran dosra zaman to kuch din main aap ko zaid hamid ki bhi samajh ajye gi. Isi liye main nay kaha tha start main . dont go that far in support of zaid hamid that it become hard to step back. other wise aap ka aur sobia ka haal abu jahal wala na ho jaye jo zid main agya tha aur islam qabool nahi kar raha tha jab ko woh man gaya tha k muhammad (p.b.u.h) nabi hain. so plz dont be stubborn like sobia is.

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)
LOOKING FOR SOBIA REPLY WHERE IS SHE ?

7653faa2204afcc927c1349a769b7c2a.jpg

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
itsnotme90 said:
gazoomartian said:

Zaid Hamid Zindabad
Pakistan Paindabad

Shukar hai gazzo bhai aap nay yeh to maan lia k imran khan ghalat hai .kiyun k app k do favourite thay aik imran dosra zaman to kuch din main aap ko zaid hamid ki bhi samajh ajye gi. Isi liye main nay kaha tha start main . dont go that far in support of zaid hamid that it become hard to step back. other wise aap ka aur sobia ka haal abu jahal wala na ho jaye jo zid main agya tha aur islam qabool nahi kar raha tha jab ko woh man gaya tha k muhammad (p.b.u.h) nabi hain. so plz dont be stubborn like sobia is.

Still IK is better than [zardari] OR [altaf] OR [nawaz]

Are they right Muslim? R they Pakistani? R they honest to people???

Never... They are worst than IK a lot....

IK is very obvious and he is fixing his problems every day.
Lets see him for some more time, as someone said that we are full of mistakes.

May Allah give us a good leadership.