Why are Pakistan's rich women abandoning shalwar kameez?

Jabral Tariq

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I often feel very sad when I see Pakistan middle and rich class women and girls wearing western and Indian dresses and fashions. Shalwar Kameez has always been considered as Pakistan national dress for women and when tailored nicely, it looks very beautiful, respectable and elegant on them. Unfortunately, even the Pakistan's anchor ladies and guest are seen wearing indecent western dresses on TV and totally abandoning their national dress. Do they believe that wearing shalwar kameez is out-dated, backward and unfashionable and will damage their channel air ratings?

Nawazish

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hum log ehsaas e kamtari ka shikar hein.

If someone speaks english well or have an american or british accent, we get really impressed and consider the person educated.

Yaar, Hum waisey tu azad ho gaye hein laikin humarey dimagh abhi bhi ghulam hein. Jistarah key humarey hukamran aur leaders hein...abhi buhat time lagey ga iss zehni ghulami sey nikalney mein.

Humein Aik Qaud e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah Aur Alama Iqbal Chahye.

Iss wakt door door tak koi umeed nahi hai. Sirf Imran Khan thori si aass dilata hai.

I'm always keeping my fingers crossed :)

sarbakaf

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Aray Tariq bhai

Libas insaan ke shakseyat ka mazhar hota hai...
first shalwar kameez ( which is nicely knitted and which is not skin tight ) is considered to be a sign of backward ness.

Secondly ........most of our men and women have inferiority complex i.e they want to look western and even when they talk they try to use most of the words in english ( not to mention mostly in wrong context)

Third Western clothings are more revealing I mean reveal body parts , and a person who wears these clothes want their body to be appreciated ( whereas normally a girls body is only to be appreciated by her husband)

Fourth............sorry but ...if some one remembers indian movies of 1970-75 , where girls from BAZAR E HUSAN used to wear some funny dresses , today indian media influence has forced our women to wear those sort of clothes which were once considered to be BAZARI LIBAAS.

Last but not least................we have turned a blind eye towards religion. Neither we know about its teaching nor we wana know ......and whats happening now is just a tip of the iceberg which will show itself in next couple of decades.

May ALlah save us and our family , friends , and ummat .

Aameen

Jabral Tariq

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
There is nothing wrong in speaking or writing correctly in a foreign language but I strongly object when we adopt vulgar and immoral ways and fashions of western and Indian Bollywood way of life. I agree that when we appear on Pakistani TV channels, we must speak in Urdu and avoid English to impress the audiences.

Have you ever seen an English man or woman speaking in Urdu on British TV channels?

nedai-swat

Citizen
Humein Aik Qaud e Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah Aur Alama Iqbal Chahye.

Janab Nawazish U r 100% right but could u rectify my worry that the Mr Mohammad Ali Jinah had never ever wore shalwar qamis and could hardly soke urdu.

Iss wakt door door tak koi umeed nahi hai. Sirf Imran Khan thori si aass dilata hai.

100% agree

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Jabral Tariq said:
I often feel very sad when I see Pakistan middle and rich class women and girls wearing western and Indian dresses and fashions. Shalwar Kameez has always been considered as Pakistan national dress for women and when tailored nicely, it looks very beautiful, respectable and elegant on them. Unfortunately, even the Pakistan's anchor ladies and guest are seen wearing indecent western dresses on TV and totally abandoning their national dress. Do they believe that wearing shalwar kameez is out-dated, backward and unfashionable and will damage their channel air ratings?

brother, your post reminded me of this song by Mehandar Kapoor

pehley to tha chola burqua +++ choley sey ghat kar hua kurta

choley ki choli hai bani, choli key agey kya hoga

yeh faishon barhta bartha gaya or kapra tun sey ghat ta gaya to phir uskey ba'ad

eik tara boley sun sun, kya kaheysey tum sey sun, sun sun sun

its sad the way our society is going. dating and meeting off chatroom has already started, we alreadyknow that thanks to yahoo and dirty programs on TV

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If men are supposed to be the leaders then the women are only following the example of their husbands,brothers,sons and fathers.Men folk of Pakistan abandoned shalwar kameez eons ago although Quaid-e-Azam abandoned the western dress for shalwar kameez. I hope all of you will not inform me of the super rights of the male gender.
I quote from the Koran"Kiyoon kehtay ho woh baat jo tum kartaey naheen?".
Do respond.

gazoomartian

sobia403 said:
If men are supposed to be the leaders then the women are only following the example of their husbands,brothers,sons and fathers.Men folk of Pakistan abandoned shalwar kameez eons ago although Quaid-e-Azam abandoned the western dress for shalwar kameez. I hope all of you will not inform me of the super rights of the male gender.
Do respond.

YES I will respond. You are damn right!! we (men) screwed up :(

but seriously tho, men have less part to show that could seduce men than women do. Its a natural fact. thats why Qura'n says: aurtein sur ko chupain'

no hard feeling sister, we all love you for being so staringht forward. ((((((( sobia )))))))

Star Gazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
sobia403 said:
Do respond.

but seriously tho, men have less part to show that could seduce men than women do. Its a natural fact. thats why Qura'n says: aurtein sur ko chupai

no hard feeling sister, we all love you for being so staringht forward. ((((((( sobia )))))))

Very cleverly you are trying to shift the blame back on the sinaf-e-nazuk.Please!

gazoomartian

sobia403 said:
gazoomartian said:
sobia403 said:
Do respond.

but seriously tho, men have less part to show that could seduce men than women do. Its a natural fact. thats why Qura'n says: aurtein sur ko chupai

Very cleverly you are trying to shift the blame back on the sinaf-e-nazuk.Please!

sorry sweet stuff, it wasnt intended. I wrote that from my cardiac [funnny]
meri pyari sistah

sahilbaig

Citizen
i do not agree with person who has a problem seeying pakistani womens wearing westren or indian cloths . what about you mens why are you guyz play so holy wearing pants shirts .not good for women thats the main problem in our socity. justify every thing in ourway of trhinking . my brother i live in canada if you want to see real teaching of out religon see here from the converts how they practice and live their lives acording to QURAN and SUNAH wearing same clothes that you have a problem with. cloths cant make u better or bad human or muslim. no one dare to talk about the muslim men what are they doing take a good look at your leadership [zardari] [rehman-malik] [taseer] [altaf] [nawaz] that you and i have in our mity country mostly mendaminated have our head down in the entire world . you and i both know how capible we are as pakistani and muslim country in the muslim world and rest
rest of the world as whole .but cowerdly we are playing game like cat and pigon you know what i am talking about.dont let out you stres on womens alon.we are more resposible than they ever could be. may ALLAH forgive us AMEEN

shaheedchoudry

Minister (2k+ posts)
Jabral Tariq said:
PERSONAL CHOICE. SOME WHAT MUSHARRAF'S ROSHAN KHIALI