WikiLeaks: Bhutto refused to delay homecoming due to investment in rally

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Benazir Bhutto murder 'avoidable', UN inquiry concludes

_47654809_jex_664247_de28-1.jpg
Click to play

Commission head Heraldo Munoz unveiled the findings

The assassination of ex-Pakistani PM Benazir Bhutto in 2007 could have been prevented and the subsequent inquiry was bungled, according to a UN report. It says insufficient security measures were taken by the government of then President Pervez Musharraf.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8623175.stm

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
ISLAMABAD: The government sent to the British authorities on Wednesday the arrest warrant of former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf in the Benazir Bhutto assassination case.

According to sources in the interior ministry, the warrant was sent by the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to Pakistan’s High Commission in London which forwarded it to the UK foreign affairs department.
“We have received the arrest warrant and sent it to the UK authorities,” an assistant to High Commissioner Wajid Shamsul Hassan told Dawn.

The former president, accused of not providing adequate security to the PPP leader, is said to be in Dubai these days.
It may be mentioned that Interior Minister Rehman Malik, who was in London on Wednesday, said last month that extradition of Gen (retd) Musharraf from the UK was not being pursued.

A Joint Investigation Team (JIT) headed by FIA officials had earlier served an arrest warrant at Gen Musharraf’s farmhouse in Chak Shahzad on the orders of the Anti-Terrorism Court-III in Rawalpindi.

Former prime minister Benazir Bhutto was assassinated in a gun and bomb attack outside Liaquat Bagh on Dec 27, 2007.
A source in Interpol said there were two separate processes to bring accused back to the country from abroad — extradition through legal process and directly through an administrative process of Interpol.He said extradition from the UK was a complex issue because Pakistan and the UK did not have an extradition treaty.

“But even then Pakistan handed over many wanted people to the UK during the Musharraf regime,” the source said.
In the absence of a treaty, Interpol will have to issue a ‘red notice’ against the former president. “But Interpol always acts on a case-to-case basis and sometimes it only locates an accused and provides information to the relevant government,” the source said.

About the legal course of extradition, the source said that after issuing an arrest warrant against a person the country would have to send a formal letter to the legal authority or courts of the country where the accused lived, requesting his extradition. This letter of the court is sent through the ministries of interior and law and justice to the Foreign Office that forwards it to the government or the court concerned.

zhkhan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Benazir Bhutto murder 'avoidable', UN inquiry concludes

_47654809_jex_664247_de28-1.jpg
Click to play

Commission head Heraldo Munoz unveiled the findings

The assassination of ex-Pakistani PM Benazir Bhutto in 2007 could have been prevented and the subsequent inquiry was bungled, according to a UN report. It says insufficient security measures were taken by the government of then President Pervez Musharraf.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8623175.stm

My friends watch out for the main reason behind the wiki leaks. I am not saying that all of them or true or false. Just be careful, WiKi leaks will strike when the time is right for them. SO be care ful otherwise u will be responsible for ur own destruction.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
When the time is right for them? them who?

My friends watch out for the main reason behind the wiki leaks. I am not saying that all of them or true or false. Just be careful, WiKi leaks will strike when the time is right for them. SO be care ful otherwise u will be responsible for ur own destruction.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
The forces who murdered and got murdered did the inquiry and dumped the case. Khud hi qatil khud hi munsaf.

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Absolutely right brother. They are establishing the credibility of the leaks to declare it as biblical truth. Be heedful to the treachery.

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Here is full article.

WikiLeaks: Bhutto refused to delay homecoming due to investment in rally

Published: June 15, 2011

Banazir03-640x480.jpg

Bhutto’s inner circle reportedly warned her of a “lackluster turnout” if the date were moved.

Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was not prepared to postpone her return to Pakistan due to the “considerable amounts” invested in her welcome campaign.
This was revealed in a WikiLeaks cable classified by former US Ambassador Anne Patterson on October 14, 2007. Earlier, former President Pervez Musharraf had urged Bhutto to stay away till the National Reconciliatory Order (NRO) cases had been decided.
In the cable, Patterson quoted Babar Awan as saying that the PPP leader would “definitely return to Karachi on October 18”.
Bhutto herself committed to the same on October 11, responding to Musharraf’s remarks the evening before on live TV that Bhutto should re-think her plans.
The cable reads:
Other PPP contacts relayed that Bhutto had seriously considered Musharraf’s request, but had been talked out of it because party members and contributors had already invested considerable amounts to ensure an impressive welcome. PPP contacts are predicting 400,000 to 500,000 supporters will show up in Karachi on October 18.
The cable also reveals that Bhutto’s inner circle reportedly warned her of a “lackluster turnout” if the date were moved because party workers and the general public would feel betrayed.
Cable Referenced: WikiLeaks no. 125683
The full text of the cables can be read onDawn.com,The Hinduand NDTV. WikiLeaks has previously released cables to other media organisations including Guardian and the New York Times.

WatanDost

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
AIK TADBEER BANDA KARTA HAI
AUR AIK TADBEER ALLAH
AUR ALLAH KI TADBEER MAI KHAIR HOTI HAI.
Agar benazir na marti tow zardari na aata
Aur yeah GALA SARA BADBODAR SIASI MAELA E MAWASIAN
ISS TARAH NANGA NA HOTA.

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why don't these people deny leaked reports? Except one correction from ISPR regarding drone support by Kiyani everybody is mum. Gilani, Zardari, Nawaz, Shahbaz, Fazlu etc. More then 260,000 leaked reports involving 84 countries.

People are after Geo and Dunya tv accusing them Indian and US agents............... so you want me to add the most reputable The Dawn as well?

Kamaal hay bhai.

The New CON's

zhkhan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Why don't these people deny leaked reports? Except one correction from ISPR regarding drone support by Kiyani everybody is mum. Gilani, Zardari, Nawaz, Shahbaz, Fazlu etc. More then 260,000 leaked reports involving 84 countries.

People are after Geo and Dunya tv accusing them Indian and US agents............... so you want me to add the most reputable The Dawn as well?

Kamaal hay bhai.

My dear I never talk about, who is Indian and US agents or not. What I am saying is use your own ******* mind and decide.