Cash from ATMs on International cards

Rancher

Senator (1k+ posts)
Does ATM in Pakistan work to get cash with << overseas >> bank card? i.e., RBC Canada.
Wherever I travel, I rely on ATM while having some cash for emergency back up. But a friend of mine told me that most ATMs are NOT linked with international network. Is it so? I have RBC client card, so, Plus will do.
Which ATMs banks in Karachi have Plus signs?

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
Does ATM in Pakistan work to get cash with << overseas >> bank card? i.e., RBC Canada.
Wherever I travel, I rely on ATM while having some cash for emergency back up. But a friend of mine told me that most ATMs are NOT linked with international network. Is it so? I have RBC client card, so, Plus will do.
Very good question. I hope you get good replies.

israr0333

Minister (2k+ posts)
When I was in Pakistan I use HBL and Standard Charted and UBL to use my International Debit Card..
Almost no other bank is accepting international Debit card even it is stucked while you are trying to use..

If your card stuck in Machine long press cancel button until card released.
One more important thing don't try to withdraw more tha. 25k on one time it always jammed.

rfarooqi

Councller (250+ posts)
Ubl standard chartered and Allied bank worked for me.

I figured (not confirmed) that 1-net symbol on ATM machines indicated some international connection.

Also limits were different. I dont remember but 20k to 30k

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
You'll have better luck trying out MCB, Al Falah (Red) and Standard Chartered, never had any luck with the rest.

Pakcola

Senator (1k+ posts)
I witdraw from standard chartered, Charges 500, alfalah, Charges 200, MCB, Charges 250
my card not works on Bank al habib / HBL/ Askari / Silk bank

Charges deduct on balance inquiry also

Modest

Open Roshan Digital Account (RDA) from abroad and you will get a Pakistani debit card & cheque book with it by post. You can use that debit card free of charge in Pakistan & can withdraw 100000 rupees daily.
The process to open a Roshan digital account is very easy & can be done within a couple of hours online including uploading the documents.
Currently eight banks are providing Roshan digital account facility, namely UBL, HBL, MCB, Bank Alfalah, Faysal bank, Standard Chartered, Meezan bank & Samba bank.

rehan459

MPA (400+ posts)
Standard Chartered ATMs will work only

aliahmad297622

Do I have to notify Canadian bank before using the card as it is to mandatory notify Pakistani banks before using their ATMs overseas, they activate it for a specific period.
I never informed bank its work , other better thing roshan digital account you save money on bank charges and fees , currency change charges

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
canadian bank debit cards will not work... 1 thing u can do is western union urself the money just before u leave... and there withdraw...

kakamuna420

Open Roshan Digital Account (RDA) from abroad and you will get a Pakistani debit card & cheque book with it by post. You can use that debit card free of charge in Pakistan & can withdraw 100000 rupees daily.
The process to open a Roshan digital account is very easy & can be done within a couple of hours online including uploading the documents.
Currently eight banks are providing Roshan digital account facility, namely UBL, HBL, MCB, Bank Alfalah, Faysal bank, Standard Chartered, Meezan bank & Samba bank.
this is for those people who have legs in Pakistan.

Muskerahat

are you new user of ATM card or you first time going back to Pakistan? oay bhai depend on your card which machine your bank let it use.