Demand for a free and fair audit of BRT

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
I support that Fake PTI voters and Dumb Patwaris go to the Asian Development Bank site and download the audit reports and I qoute "prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and audited by an independent certified public accountant."

Instead of acting like little butthurt babies.
Don't act like Aristotle. ADB was only the lending agency that set up Trans Peshawar. But the nailaik PDA was the executing agency for BRT. PDA chose a blacklisted contractor on the whims of the then CM; the same contractor notoriously famous as the blue eyed boy of Shabaz Sharif. ADB also had no role in awarding the contract of the buses. There are many loop holes. And from my independent discussion with the team that worked behind the scenes they all swear of massive irregularities and corruption. If you ever visit Peshawar people can even pinpoint the shops that the Commissioner Peshawar purchased with his share of the booty. Good luck defend someones corruption. Pakistan is doomed because of people like you.

rehan459

MPA (400+ posts)
We need to differentiate BTR from Metro projects in Punjab.
As there is no tax payers money is involved we shouldn’t term this as a case of corruption but financial fraud or inappropriate dealings etc which of course should be investigated if any party is hurt or complains.
BRT is 3 times bigger than Lahore's Metro. Total subsidy for Lahore Pindi Multan metros is about 6 arabs annually being paid by 120 million Punjabis 90% of them will never use let alone will see it. Only case of corruption came to light so far is in Multan metro where Chinese firm rec’d 48 billion payment from a Pakistani contractor working on Multan metro payment turned out to by unexplained amount. The person who paid it said to be Shahbaz Sharifs front man but has fled the country so the case is in storage.
BRT costs indeed have gone up but if one looks at closely there are too many different aspects that are not in PMLN metros such as BRT buses about 220 being bought outright where as other metros buses are on rent. Shopping malls and parking areas are being build next to BRT with over 400 shops rent from them will help repay the capital. All old buses and taxis are being purchased from transporters in Peshawar to be scrapped and good ones being sent to other areas people affected are being given monthly allowance until they find other source of income. Over 40 KM feeder roads have been enlarged and bus stops build on them to cover 90% of the city so that whole city can enjoy state of the art facility this is not available to residents of Lahore Pindi or Multan.
However there is no harm in special audit and any other inquires but just saying that there has been malpractice without any victim or documentary proof seems unfair.

plazas, shops and parking lots are not complete so project is running on subsidy 100k free cards are distributed this is also subsidy Lahore metro has also feeder routes and it connects every corner of Lahore

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
As there is no tax payers money is involved we shouldn’t term this as a case of corruption but financial fraud or inappropriate dealings etc which of course should be investigated if any party is hurt or complains.
BRT is 3 times bigger than Lahore's Metro. Total subsidy for Lahore Pindi Multan metros is about 6 arabs annually being paid by 120 million Punjabis 90% of them will never use let alone will see it. Only case of corruption came to light so far is in Multan metro where Chinese firm rec’d 48 billion payment from a Pakistani contractor working on Multan metro payment turned out to by unexplained amount. The person who paid it said to be Shahbaz Sharifs front man but has fled the country so the case is in storage.
BRT costs indeed have gone up but if one looks at closely there are too many different aspects that are not in PMLN metros such as BRT buses about 220 being bought outright where as other metros buses are on rent. Shopping malls and parking areas are being build next to BRT with over 400 shops rent from them will help repay the capital. All old buses and taxis are being purchased from transporters in Peshawar to be scrapped and good ones being sent to other areas people affected are being given monthly allowance until they find other source of income. Over 40 KM feeder roads have been enlarged and bus stops build on them to cover 90% of the city so that whole city can enjoy state of the art facility this is not available to residents of Lahore Pindi or Multan.
However there is no harm in special audit and any other inquires but just saying that there has been malpractice without any victim or documentary proof seems unfair.
Yaar rehne de. This narrative sells well for naive people. I have heard many PTI federal and provincial ministers openly criticise this project behind the scenes. Aik nay tu shadi ki event pe logon ko yahan tuk kaha ke mujhe masjid le jao mai quran pak pe haath rakhne ke liye tayar ho ke Khattak nay is mai khoob paisa bnaya hai. Wouldn't name that guy but he comes in the top movers and shakers. Khair ye lollipop kesi aur ko dena boss

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
And buying the buses outright is another possible avenue of corruption or taking kickback in procurement. Smells fishy. AUDIT please. yeh kahanian nahi chalin gi

Gramscian

MPA (400+ posts)
As a PTI voter and a Pakistani citizen I request that we all demand a free and fair audit of this project. Why is the incumbent govt putting hurdles in a transparent probe? Isn't this behaviour similar to when Khan was demanded recount of the rigged constituencies and PMLN were deflecting their constant requests. Now that the project is complete there rationale that any audit might delay the completion is preposterous and baseless. So, I request that PTI voters and supporters and well wishers of Pakistan unite together and ask for a complete unbiased audit.
There are reports of massive irregularities by Pervaiz Khattak and his son in law to the tune of 1 billion rupees. Some highly competent people like Durrani etc leaving in the midst of the project further raising doubts along with corruption allegations on Commissioner Peshawar. Anyone who does not support this idea of mine would be doing great injustice to Pakistan and the true spirit of accountability. Doodh ka doodh aur pani ka pani hojaye. Hum bhi khush hojayen gai aur opposition ke mund bhi band hojaye gain. Thanks. Spread this message as much as possible!

What hurdles are PTI govt creating?

ADB financed the project and is monitoring it.

NAB can investigate, if there is proof of corruption.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Don't act like Aristotle. ADB was only the lending agency that set up Trans Peshawar. But the nailaik PDA was the executing agency for BRT. PDA chose a blacklisted contractor on the whims of the then CM; the same contractor notoriously famous as the blue eyed boy of Shabaz Sharif. ADB also had no role in awarding the contract of the buses. There are many loop holes. And from my independent discussion with the team that worked behind the scenes they all swear of massive irregularities and corruption. If you ever visit Peshawar people can even pinpoint the shops that the Commissioner Peshawar purchased with his share of the booty. Good luck defend someones corruption. Pakistan is doomed because of people like you.
Then don't act like the typical patwari pretending to be a butthurt youthia the project is under supervision of ADB, they oversee it and audit it and are satisfied with it.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Then don't act like the typical patwari pretending to be a butthurt youthia the project is under supervision of ADB, they oversee it and audit it and are satisfied with it.
A little brief about Altaf Durrani; google him. He left a lucrative job in Canada having executed two mega trans projects there. He only came to serve the province of his birth. When he stood against Khattak and his unjust demands of transporting the buses by land route he was forced to resign, they also had a disagreement on the tender of the buses. He was independently selected by the trans Peshawar board on merit. Trans Peshawar is an independent body set up by ADB.
Everyone who disagreeing with PTI isn't a pretend to be voter or a patwari. Apni soch ka ja ke ilaaj kerwao. And make sure you also wash your mouth with soap.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
What hurdles are PTI govt creating?

ADB financed the project and is monitoring it.

NAB can investigate, if there is proof of corruption.
Requesting the court to stop FIA from doing a forensic audit. ADB were the lenders and consultants not the executors. It was the govt of KP's prerogative when it came to tender of the buses and contractors. That is where there has been a lapse. Audit of the project is necessary.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
A little brief about Altaf Durrani; google him. He left a lucrative job in Canada having executed two mega trans projects there. He only came to serve the province of his birth. When he stood against Khattak and his unjust demands of transporting the buses by land route he was forced to resign, they also had a disagreement on the tender of the buses. He was independently selected by the trans Peshawar board on merit. Trans Peshawar is an independent body set up by ADB.
Everyone who disagreeing with PTI isn't a pretend to be voter or a patwari. Apni soch ka ja ke ilaaj kerwao. And make sure you also wash your mouth with soap.
So from audit you have gone to Durrani, typical, keep changing goal posts, how bout you just rather spew out what you really want to say instead of beating around the bush, with BRT, Audits, Durrani etc etc.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
So from audit you have gone to Durrani, typical, keep changing goal posts, how bout you just rather spew out what you really want to say instead of beating around the bush, with BRT, Audits, Durrani etc etc.
Yaar tu jahil tu nahi hai. Or are you a paid troll, Knuckle head there are dots to be connected. Audit kis cheese ka kerna hai? Corruption ka. Durrani ko bulaya jaye ke buses ke kya kahani hai. He is a link into all this because he was the then CEO. Khattak choosing the firm of his own choice for procurement of buses and a blacklisted contractor raises serious unanswered questions. Audit kerwa lo sub samne ajaye ga. Werna pechli hakumaton ki tarah lets forget everything and sleep over this and think is mulk ka allah he hafiz hai

Awan S

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
How is BRT 3 time bigger than Lahore metro? Total distance is almost same. No one before claim that BRT is three time bigger than Lahore metro. Do you have any evidence? BRT is loan of Asian Bank which will be returned from tax payers money. There are reports of black listed contractor working on this project. The project was completed and dismantled several times, who is responsible for that? This project's true investigation will be done in next government as it is on stay order from court and current government will not facilitate any investigation.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Copy of the letter of Mr. Altaf Durrani, CEO Trans Peshawar, addressed to the Board of Directors, Trans Peshawar, against his removal from the position and his defence. All of you can understand what has been going on but it reminds me of a common phrase “hurry spoils curry”!

I am writing this letter in response to the notification issued by the TMTD on May 02, 2018. Through the said notification I (CEO TransPeshawar) have been removed with immediate effect without stating any reason what so ever.

In my defense I provide the following details:

My understanding is that the government has proceeded with my removal on the grounds that TransPeshawar is responsible for the delay in the import of the buses and implementation of the ITS contract.

Over the last several months the Honorable Chief Minister has been insisting on completion of both these contracts by April 20th, later on he changed the date to May 20th.

I would categorically state that based on the requirements of the Asian Development Bank’s procurement procedures and the achieved pace of the civil infrastructure work, both the April 20th and May 20th dates were unrealistic and unjustified. TransPeshawar has followed the ADB’s procurement guidelines and did not cause any delay to the project. .As such, my removal from the post of CEO was unfair and unjustified; nothing but a case of witch hunting and scapegoating.

Based on TransPeshawar’s technical expertise, premature arrival of buses and ITS equipment would lead to a number of financial, operational and contractual issues for the company. For example, if the buses and ITS equipment were procured before April 20th, the government would already have been liable to pay a substantial amount of money to store and secure the buses and the ITS equipment. It will still be the case if the buses and ITS equipment arrive before May 20th as in TransPeshawar’s assessment the civil work will not be ready until early next year. In addition, the warranty will be voided as the buses and ITS equipment would remain idle and untested for a long time. This will have immediate cost impact as well as the long term operational and contractual issues.

In the TransPeshawar operational model, buses are being supplied by the Owner while the operation of the buses will be contracted out to a private vehicle operating company (VOC). To add to the complications our buses are equipped with diesel electric hybrid technology which is a completely new and untested technology in Pakistani environment. Due to these reasons it is very important to ensure the quality of the buses by implementing all the quality control mechanisms included in the contract and the consultant should not be pressured to provide approvals without ensuring full compliance. Otherwise if the quality is compromised and there are issues with the performance of the buses, the VOC may not be able to meet their KPIs which can lead to a premature failure of the bus operations. The financial, political and social consequences of such a failure will be catastrophic.

In the 5th meeting of the BoD, I presented a high level cost impact of early procurement of the buses and other risks which added up to approximately Rs 2 billion per year.

Since as early as September 2017, the issue of the bus delivery schedule has been raised by me on a number of occasions and at different forums including the BoD meetings. It was communicated to the government officials as well as the BoD members that the HCM’s desired schedule for importing buses cannot be met due to the procurement process dictated by the ADB procurement rules. Based on the October tender date the earliest time by which the delivery of the first batch of buses was possible was around Jun/Jul of 2018. Given the state of completion of the civil infrastructure even that date is earlier than required.

The BoD was apprised of various risks related to early arrival of buses, ITS equipment and other service related contracts through the working papers and minutes of meeting of the following meetings:

– 5th meeting of the BoD,

– 8th meeting of the BoD,

– 9th meeting of the BoD,

– 3rd meeting of the BoD Procurement Committee

Despite the identification of all risks, TransPeshawar was directed by the BoD to meet the HCM’s desired schedule. The decision of the BoD was based mainly on the repeated confirmations from DG PDA that all civil construction work will be completed by April 20th (this date later on changed to May 20th).

The TransPeshawar staff put their best efforts into expediting the delivery of buses to the maximum possible extent while remaining within the ADB procurement rules/approvals and the quality control requirements.

In order to meet the HCM’s desired schedule certain steps needed to be skipped which required approval from the BoD. At the 9th meeting, the BoD was requested to approve the following two items:

– Impose a forced approval of the prototype unit and the detailed design on the bus supplier by April 22 so that the bus mass production could start on Apr 23.

– Pay the additional $30,000 per bus for land transportation of the buses to meet the HCM’s desired schedule.

All related risks and implications of the above actions were also explained. The BoD refrained from approving both items and instead directed the CEO to personally meet with the HCM to explain the risks of expediting the bus delivery schedule.

On April 19 I met with the HCM along with our bus consultant and the bus supplier. The bus testing process and schedule was explained to the HCM in detail. A big binder was presented with more than 80 pages listing the testing and compliances. The HCM was also shown the daily schedule of the tests. He was explained that the prototype unit will be available for testing from April 22 to 28 and during this time tests will be conducted for up to 18 hours every day.

The consultant also mentioned that after the testing is completed by April 28th, they will need a week to complete their report and then if everything goes well and the prototype is accepted only then the mass production could start. With this schedule the delivery of the first batch of buses in May would be highly unlikely. At this point the HCM became very agitated and told us to leave. Later that day at the cabinet meeting he passed the resolution for my removal. It was a classic case of shooting the messenger as I was only conveying the directions of the BoD.

In the end I would again state that my removal from the post of CEO TransPeshawar was unfair and unjustified and not in the best interest of the company. It is quite certain that the Peshawar BRT will be facing a lot of difficulties due to some of the government’s decisions and interference with the technical and operational aspects and due to these reasons I approached the Chairman of the BoD several times to allow me to resign from this post but he was always very supportive and every time he convinced me to stay on in the interest of the company and the citizens of Peshawar.

Nevertheless, I hope and wish that TransPeshawar will be able to overcome the difficulties and provide a good service to the citizens of Peshawar.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
How is BRT 3 time bigger than Lahore metro? Total distance is almost same. No one before claim that BRT is three time bigger than Lahore metro. Do you have any evidence? BRT is loan of Asian Bank which will be returned from tax payers money. There are reports of black listed contractor working on this project. The project was completed and dismantled several times, who is responsible for that? This project's true investigation will be done in next government as it is on stay order from court and current government will not facilitate any investigation.
Thanks for the sane voice, I have also attached Altaf Durrani's letter. It seems like one is talking to a wall when explaining things to these people. Or they themselves are a beneficiary of this corrupt system don't know

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Audit kis cheese ka kerna hai? Corruption ka.
When a independent international 3rd party has audited the project and found nothing wrong with it and will continue to audit it. I don't understand what you are bitching about? Transfer of this person and that person, he was the best and he was the worst. Thats just your own personal opinion and no one really gives a shit about it.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
When a independent international 3rd party has audited the project and found nothing wrong with it and will continue to audit it. I don't understand what you are bitching about? Transfer of this person and that person, he was the best and he was the worst. Thats just your own personal opinion and no one really gives a shit about it.
Go sniff your farts. You clearly are a dunce of the highest order. App ko tu baat he samaj nhi ati.

Ali Sha

Senator (1k+ posts)
Aur Khattak tere baap hai jo tu ussey and uske son in law ko defend ker rha hai at the expense of the nations money. His son in law has an old track record of swindling people. Check Hussain Sajranis plea against him and his father Sikandarzai.