Oprah Winfrey Leaves the Audience SPEECHLESS

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My God! it seems Oprah has read Prophet Mohammed Hadiths...or she is a genuine believer in any way...I dnt watch her shows but got this very effective message....
She mentioned three messages.
1) know who you are
2) Importance of service
3) Be excellent.

Which prophet Muhammad pbuh hadees do you think she is referring (indirectly ) ?

knowledge88

Doing the Right Things is the ke to internal peace no matter what people around you say and no matter how it is perceived by others.
It is not that simple.
What was right yesterday is wrong today. What is right today may be wrong tomorrow.
Watch this ted talk to understand what I mean. It is a very interesting video. I guarantee you, you will love it.

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
It is not that simple.
What was right yesterday is wrong today. What is right today may be wrong tomorrow.
Watch this ted talk to understand what I mean. It is a very interesting video. I guarantee you, you will love it.

I will definitely watch that. Thanks

But before that I want to comment on what I meant by right things:

Once you have intentions to do the right things, put efforts to know what is right, and then go ahead with that, it does not matter even tomorrow it is proven wrong.

You will be granted virtue for your intentions and actions and Allah will show you the right path

Iconoclast

My father said that to me and more years ago when I was about to embark on my first solo excursion abroad............... so Meh..................

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
My God! it seems Oprah has read Prophet Mohammed Hadiths...or she is a genuine believer in any way...I dnt watch her shows but got this very effective message....
She's a very respectable lady, a great philanthropist. She's running many schools in African States using her purse.
I have great regard for her.

Eyeaan

Doing the Right Things is the ke to internal peace no matter what people around you say and no matter how it is perceived by others.
I have no doubt about your noble intentions but unfortunately your idea is, in practice, both meaningless and content-less. It seems as vulgar egoism on the name of "internal peace|
".
It is very hard to know what is "right" and perhaps is not possible if it is sought within an individual and it is kind of "khud prasti"
Perhaps one can know what is right (or what is good ) only with further knowledge and experience and with interaction with others. Perhaps altruism or sacrifice( and not individualism ) is the key to internal and external peace. That's what religions and other moral philosophies have generally taught us. Peace is nor "a thing" but a phenomenon.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Wasn‘t Oprah accused of providing young girls as new talent to Harvey Weinstein? I haven’t watched the above video yet, so can’t comment on that.

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
I have no doubt about your noble intentions but unfortunately your idea is, in practice, both meaningless and content-less. It seems as vulgar egoism on the name of "internal peace|
".
It is very hard to know what is "right" and perhaps is not possible if it is sought within an individual and it is kind of "khud prasti"
Perhaps one can know what is right (or what is good ) only with further knowledge and experience and with interaction with others. Perhaps altruism or sacrifice( and not individualism ) is the key to internal and external peace. That's what religions and other moral philosophies have generally taught us. Peace is nor "a thing" but a phenomenon.
We all have to finally find God. Since only END can tell who was right and who was not, i am in no position to use words like meaningless, content-less and vulgar egoism. Because i am in no position and would never like to be in a position to judge people an their approach.

In my limited capacity, i could only express my opinion and ask Allah to guide me and show me the way i can reach to Him. And that's it.

Eyeaan

We all have to finally find God. Since only END can tell who was right and who was not, i am in no position to use words like meaningless, content-less and vulgar egoism. Because i am in no position and would never like to be in a position to judge people an their approach.

In my limited capacity, i could only express my opinion and ask Allah to guide me and show me the way i can reach to Him. And that's it.
I never meant to criticize you personally or even your intentions or as for a personal idea.
I wrote it meaningless or content-less purely in a logical sense. and may argue so
Since the sentiment you expressed are not new and are often expressed (especially in term of a religious text - something like 'jo zameer ko nahin khatakta' - or in new-age pseudo-religions) so the criticism has to be pointed , so that you might oppose it precisely..
The philosophical question of values and human action or what is right or righteous is not new but has been discussed from the beginning and we need to explore to distinguish among the ideas for moral discourse.
IMO, It is Meaningless because the 'the Right ' and ' internal peace are mingled. It would be same if you said we should act for internal peace. only - which is just personal self interest. Further such 'internal peace' is an arbitrary notion. My saying it vulgar egoism mere means that it is actually a form of hedonism ( a very popular philosophical/moral position that sole purpose and intent of a person ought to be happiness/pleasure and to maximize happiness and self satisfaction'. It is in contrast to altruism or preservation and many others. IMO, You have merely replaced the word happiness with 'internal peace'. but the idea is the same. Incidentally that self-serving and isolated value system does not lead to peace anywhere - hedonism or individualism has been sharply criticized by all moralist. You may differ but imo self-satisfaction, happiness, pleasure, self-fulfillment etc. are not appropriate basis for human action or existence. Please think about it.

IMIKasbati

Minister (2k+ posts)
I never meant to criticize you personally or even your intentions or as for a personal idea.
I wrote it meaningless or content-less purely in a logical sense. and may argue so
Since the sentiment you expressed are not new and are often expressed (especially in term of a religious text - something like 'jo zameer ko nahin khatakta' - or in new-age pseudo-religions) so the criticism has to be pointed , so that you might oppose it precisely..
The philosophical question of values and human action or what is right or righteous is not new but has been discussed from the beginning and we need to explore to distinguish among the ideas for moral discourse.
IMO, It is Meaningless because the 'the Right ' and ' internal peace are mingled. It would be same if you said we should act for internal peace. only - which is just personal self interest. Further such 'internal peace' is an arbitrary notion. My saying it vulgar egoism mere means that it is actually a form of hedonism ( a very popular philosophical/moral position that sole purpose and intent of a person ought to be happiness/pleasure and to maximize happiness and self satisfaction'. It is in contrast to altruism or preservation and many others. IMO, You have merely replaced the word happiness with 'internal peace'. but the idea is the same. Incidentally that self-serving and isolated value system does not lead to peace anywhere - hedonism or individualism has been sharply criticized by all moralist. You may differ but imo self-satisfaction, happiness, pleasure, self-fulfillment etc. are not appropriate basis for human action or existence. Please think about it.
Thank you dear for clarifications. i understand now that coz of your study about the subject, you interpreted what i say in context.

Anyways thank you very much.