Abrar Ul Haq....... Tax Chor

So.... Guess who is a tax evader.... ABRAR UL HAQ.....

http://tribune.com.pk/story/463588/celebrity-tax-dodgers-on-fbrs-hit-list/

ISLAMABAD: A legendary former cricketer and a pop singer turned activist have been identified among those who operate dozens of bank accounts, own luxury vehicles and are frequent flyers to various destinations of the world but do not have national tax numbers and are not paying tax on their incomes.

The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has completed its homework and these so-called big fish are among 45 identified tax dodgers who will soon receive legal notices asking them to file their income tax returns.
The moves are part of the FBRs endeavour to bring at least three million people in the tax net who remain outside it due to both the corruption of FBR officials and the corrupt practices of individuals.
The FBR has collected the information about these individuals from the National Database and Registration Authority, National Highway Authority, Excise Department and cross-checked it with its own databank. The Express Tribune has withheld the names, Computerized National Identity Card Numbers and pictures of those indentified at the request of authorities
The pop singer is from Narowal district of Punjab and lives in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore. He is among 45 individuals who are not familiar with the concept of paying tax.
This iconic figure has made as much as 46 trips abroad and spent 268 days overseas during the last five years. He is also known for his charitable work for the provision of health services to the needy.
His major destinations remain London, Manchester, Muscat, Kuwait, Frankfurt, Dubai, Doha, New York, Birmingham and Bangkok. Presumably, he might have gone to perform in concerts and his visits could be financed by his host, however, his income is not exempt from taxes.
He owns a BMW and a Corolla and maintains 23 bank accounts in almost all major banks. His last bank account was opened at Bank Alfalah in May of this year.
According to the FBR, in this nation of 180 million, only 1.02 million are genuine taxpayers.
After retiring from international cricket in 2003 the cricketer, who held the world record of maximum score in one day for a longer time, has now devoted his life to preaching Islam. He lives in Defence Housing Authority in Karachi. He also does not have NTN and pays no income tax.
Since December 2007, the cricketer travelled abroad on 26 occasions, spending 259 days overseas. The cricketer has two vehicles and operates 12 bank accounts, with the last one being opened at Standard Chartered Bank in July 2012.

insaf-seeker

Minister (2k+ posts)
If he is really a tax chor then he will not get a ticket to contest coming elections, so whats the issue?

Last edited:

lurker

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There is another side to this entire "Tax Chor" Saga that is going on. The Tax collection system is messed up in Pakistan. Do you all know how to even Pay taxes in Pakistan? What forms to fill? How to fill? What assets to declare and what not? How to get tax relief and returns? Not many people even know this. The Tax Collection system is not accessible. Some people are just deemed "Tax Chor" because they didn't know how to even pay the Tax in the first place.

When I was in the US, I just used to pay my Taxes online. When I am in Pakistan, I dunno where or how to go about even doing this.

txqpzrk

Councller (250+ posts)
Imran khan should resign politics, or kick him out as president of youth wing

Wah jee wah... Nawaz Shareef ko 7 khoon maaf or Imran khan ek mubham si khabar per resign kar dey... kya baat hey janab.. Aap ko to Supreme Courte ka judge laga dena chahiey!!

aijazpe

Citizen
He should answer this Tax Saga and on the other hand Welldone CM Punjab

2uy1ton.jpg
[/IMG]

PakiPatriot

MPA (400+ posts)
There is another side to this entire "Tax Chor" Saga that is going on. The Tax collection system is messed up in Pakistan. Do you all know how to even Pay taxes in Pakistan? What forms to fill? How to fill? What assets to declare and what not? How to get tax relief and returns? Not many people even know this. The Tax Collection system is not accessible. Some people are just deemed "Tax Chor" because they didn't know how to even pay the Tax in the first place.

When I was in the US, I just used to pay my Taxes online. When I am in Pakistan, I dunno where or how to go about even doing this.

Brother its a very simple process..
https://e.fbr.gov.pk/AuthLogin.aspx

waisay maira khyaal hai k jo banda USA, UK, middle east k chakkar lagata rehta ho.. uskay liye yea excuse.. SERIOUSLY.. :)

lurker

Brother its a very simple process..
https://e.fbr.gov.pk/AuthLogin.aspx

waisay maira khyaal hai k jo banda USA, UK, middle east k chakkar lagata rehta ho.. uskay liye yea excuse.. SERIOUSLY.. :)
It could also be that perhaps such people do not have Income generation from within Pakistan. But thanks for the Website. It's a little cluttered and hard to find what one is applicable for and what they are not, but I am diving into it.

Aamir raja

Minister (2k+ posts)
Imran khan should resign politics, or kick him out as president of youth wing

Politics say resign nooras K krna chahye Agr thodi c haya Baki Hai agencies say paisay liye Zia ul haq K ruhani baap bnaya bht sari aur b gandhay kartoot hai hai but nhi kray Gay woh haya Hai He nhi aur Abi kch baysharm aur mufad parat munafiq Hai Jo in nooras K Support kr rhay Hai toh isliye nhi kray Gay yeh

zhohaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
Good step. Abrarul haq should answer these allegations.
On another point.
Where are the rest of the estimated 3 million Tax evaders???
Any journalist from ET or Lakhani Enterprises.
Or has PPP decided to use this for political mileage.

Only a million or so actually bother to pay taxes in this country.

I think it would be more sensible to publicize the name of the top 100 tax dodgers.
Picking on these small fries will not achieve anything.

Last edited:

Bombaybuz

Minister (2k+ posts)
Tax koe khud ya khushi sai tou aada karta nahi sirf pakistan kya duniya main kaheen bhe .... ager Abrar ya even IK ney bhe koe tax choori ki hai tou FBR k pass tammam options mojoud hain ... notice issue honey ya khaber banney sai lay k saza ya fine honey tak lamba process hai ..so let the law takes it course of action and no one should be above the law.

malik1c

Senator (1k+ posts)
What a waste of my time, who has the government agar tax nahin diya to pakro naa ya yeh bhee Imran Khan karee ga (bigsmile)

rtabasum2

Good step. Abrarul haq should answer these allegations.
On another point.
Where are the rest of the estimated 3 million Tax evaders???
Any journalist from ET or Lakhani Enterprises.
Or has PPP decided to use this for political mileage.

Only a million or so actually bother to pay taxes in this country.

I think it would be more sensible to publicize the name of the top 100 tax dodgers.
Picking on these small fries will not achieve anything.

They are not going to pick up anybody, by publicizing they just wants to get best deal out of these celeberities who will have to grease the FBR to keep up their reputation. If TTP can use media why cannot FBR use it for their cut?

Sedqal

The ,major problem is that if you hire a tax consultant (or even an FBR official, which is btw illegal) all will tell you to hide income and pay the least amount possible. By giving full income tax I have not only been scorned by my tax consultant but also ridiculed by my friends. People find utterly lame reasons for not paying taxes even when tax rate in Pk is very low if compared to other countries. Majority of public thinks only suckers pay full taxes (bigsmile)

jeelu

Minister (2k+ posts)
And someone said Coz his frnds were out of pak their tax in pak was nil ok sir true but not if u have billions worth of property still in pak:)

Sedqal

Tax evasion is legally cutting corners and avoidence is ilegal learn something first morons:p
And they operate multiple bank accounts so what? I have a few n I m still a student I mean account zada ho gae tou pakar Lo hahaha
stupidity at its peak magar Koi nae yeh ppp n pmln came up with an awesome idea to defame pti but fbr max case karay ga avoidance pay jo k prove nae ho ga aur dono parties mazeed zaleel ho jae gee:p
bhai mere Imran k assets and tax returns public hein dont b stupid and say he dosent even have a tax number :p

wah wah, you are calling other morons when the term tax evasion means [FONT=arial, sans-serif]"[/FONT]the deliberate failure to pay taxes (usually by making a false report)" which is illegal, while Tax avoidance is "the legal utilization of the tax regime to one's own advantage, to reduce the amount of tax that is payable by means that are within the law" which is legal

now who is the moron here
(bigsmile)