Amir Khan ready to assist Pakistani boxers

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Amir Khan ready to assist Pakistani boxers
amir-khan-reuters5431.jpg
“I’ll do whatever I can to help Pakistan boxing.” -Photo by Reuters

ISLAMABAD: WBA champion Amir Khan has announced that he is ready to assist Pakistani boxers, especially in the run up to the 2012 London Olympics.

Khan, who defeated Zad Judah of the US on Saturday night in Las Vegas, said he was in talks with Pakistan Boxing Federation (PBF) President Doda Khan about the prospect of hosting five boxers in Bolton, England.
He said he had a special place in his heart for Pakistan and was ready to assist the sport in the country.
“I’ll do whatever I can to help Pakistan boxing,” said Khan.

“I’m in touch with the PBF President Doda Khan and I’m ready to provide any assistance,” he said while adding that the Pakistan boxers will be trained at his academy in UK ahead of the London Olympics qualifiers.
“We’ll be extending our boxing facility to Pakistan during the camp.”

The boxer also hinted at visiting the Pakistan during the second edition of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto International Boxing event in October.

“I’d like to visit Pakistan every year or twice a year and this time I’m likely to come after Ramazan.”
‘King Khan’ added that he felt proud over representing England and Pakistan.

“Along with England, I also represent Pakistan and it is a great achievement for me. People ask me and I say I am a British Pakistani and that’s a great feeling.”

http://www.dawn.com/2011/07/25/amir-khan-ready-to-assist-pakistani-boxers.html