Apple sues Samsung in Japan over alleged iPhone, iPad patent violations

c4cheema

MPA (400+ posts)
It is time for the big fishes to have war
apple-samsung-2.jpg

It looks like Apple’s patent spat with Samsung has now reached the land of the rising sun. Reuters is reporting that Cupertino is taking the Korean manufacturer to court in Japan, over alleged patent violations pertaining to the iPhone and iPad. Japan’s Kyodo news agency first reported the news, citing unnamed insiders who claim that Apple is looking to halt sales of Samsung’s allegedly patent-infringing Galaxy S smartphones, while seeking 100 million (about $1.3 million) in damages. According to the sources, the first hearing was held in a Tokyo District Court on Wednesday, though a court spokesman would not comment on the pending case. Neither Samsung nor Apple have commented on the suit and details on the patents in question remain unclear, but we’ll keep you posted as we find out more

Read more: http://www.moiz.co.uk/apple-sues-sa...d-iphone-ipad-patent-violations#ixzz1XM6EKHZy

Last edited:

Ehraz

MPA (400+ posts)
IFA 2011: Samsung Court banned Galaxy Tab 7.7

The Samsung Galaxy Tab is 7.7 no longer at the International Funk Exhibition (IFA) in Berlin to see. The manufacturer had on Saturday, 3rd September, all test equipment as well as promotional material for the device removed from its stand. The reason: Apple's competitor to Samsung again obtained a preliminary injunction before the Regional Court of Dsseldorf.

Presumably, with this action Apple shoot a own goal... best marketing for this Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7.
iPhone 5 will be released on 30 Sept. Telekom Germany is offering pre-order tickets.

rana14801

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: Slicing an apple ( Samsung is the biggest supplier to Apple)

brother my daughter sent me Samsung appolo galaxy GT-15800.no doubt it was a wonderfull phone but was difficult to operate for me in Pakistan.i ultimately has returned it back with thanks because my requirement is only to talk,sms,shooting any picture and some music.this model has not yet been introduced in Pakistan market till a month ago.