Chinese Muslims banned from fasting in Ramadan

hans

Banned
timthumb.php

Amid fresh arrests, restrictions on fasting and prayers at mosques, Uighur Muslims are suffering under the latest episode of Chinese government crackdown on their ethnic minority in the northwestern region of Xinjiang.

If any religious figure discusses Ramadan during the course of religious activities, or encourages people to take part, then they will lose their license to practice, Dilxat Raxit, spokesman for the Munich-based World Uighur Congress, told Eurasia Review on Friday, August 5.

The more serious cases will result in arrests for incitement to engage in illegal religious activity, he said.
A day before the start of the holy fasting month for Chinas Muslims, at least 11 people were killed in a series of attacks in the north-western region of Xinjiang.

Chinese authorities blamed the attacks to the ethnic minority, after which the Chinese police shot dead two Muslims last Sunday.

The attacks came less than two weeks after 18 people were killed in an attack in the restive Xinjiang region.
Following the unrest, more than 100 uighurs were detained by Chinese authorities.

Most of those detained as suspects were committed Muslims who attended mosque and whose wives wore veils, residents say.
Xinjiangs capital, Urumqi, was the scene of deadly violence in July 2009 when the mainly Muslim Uighur minority vented resentment over Chinese restrictions in the region.

In the following days, mobs of angry Han took to the streets looking for revenge in the worst ethnic violence that China had seen in decades.
The unrest left nearly 200 dead and 1,700 injured, according to government figures. But Uighurs, a Turkic-speaking Muslim minority, say the toll was much higher and mainly from their community.

Chinas authorities have convicted about 200 people, mostly Uighurs, over the riots and sentenced 26 of them to death.

No Fasting
Beijing slapped severe restrictions on Chinese Muslims as the holy fasting month of Ramadan started.
As for Muslim members of the government throughout Xinjiang, the government forced them to sign letters of responsibility promising to avoid fasting, evening prayers, or other religious activities.

Fasting during Ramadan is a traditional ethnic custom, and they are allowed to do that, an employee who answered the phone at a local government neighborhood committee office in the regional capital Urumqi said confirming the restrictions.
But they arent allowed to hold any religious activities during Ramadan, she added.
Party members are not allowed to fast for Ramadan, and neither are civil servants.

As for private companies, Uighur Muslim employees were offered lunches during fasting hours.
Anyone who refuses to eat could lose their annual bonus, or even their job, Raxit added.
Officials have also targeted Muslim schoolchildren, providing them with free lunches during the fasting period.
A Uighur resident of Beijing said students under 18 are forbidden from fasting during Ramadan. Moreover, government campaigns forced restaurants in the Muslim majority region to stay open all day.

More restrictions were also imposed on people trying to attend prayers at mosques.
Everyone attending prayers has to register with their national identity card, he added.
They have to register, he said.
[After prayers] they arent allowed to [congregate and] talk to each other.

Source:
http://muslimvillage.com/2011/08/06/chinese-muslims-banned-from-fasting-in-ramadan/

adnan_younus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
:D:D: dint u guys knw that.....i thoght these forum peopke are quite well versed in current affairs to miss such basic chinese law..... this is CHINA... where wht mattters is only natioanlism... no religion....so now your islam ka qila best friend is one who stops a MUSALMAAN from roza....

come out of the slumber... every country only thinks of it self....

Unicorn

Banned
So what if a few million Ughars have to be sacrificed for a greater cause. Doesn't worth loosing great friendship. Don't pay any attention to this.

GraanG2

The news look some kinda BS to me...Cos I spend most of my life in China and nobody has ever stopped us from going to mosque or fasting...I still have tens of friends studying there and even they are fasting.

GeoG

timthumb.php

Amid fresh arrests, restrictions on fasting and prayers at mosques, Uighur Muslims are suffering under the latest episode of Chinese government crackdown on their ethnic minority in the northwestern region of Xinjiang.

“If any religious figure discusses Ramadan during the course of religious activities, or encourages people to take part, then they will lose their license to practice,” Dilxat Raxit, spokesman for the Munich-based World Uighur Congress, told Eurasia Review on Friday, August 5.

“The more serious cases will result in arrests for incitement to engage in illegal religious activity,” he said.
A day before the start of the holy fasting month for China’s Muslims, at least 11 people were killed in a series of attacks in the north-western region of Xinjiang.

Chinese authorities blamed the attacks to the ethnic minority, after which the Chinese police shot dead two Muslims last Sunday.

The attacks came less than two weeks after 18 people were killed in an attack in the restive Xinjiang region.
Following the unrest, more than 100 uighurs were detained by Chinese authorities.

Most of those detained as suspects were committed Muslims who attended mosque and whose wives wore veils, residents say.
Xinjiang’s capital, Urumqi, was the scene of deadly violence in July 2009 when the mainly Muslim Uighur minority vented resentment over Chinese restrictions in the region.

In the following days, mobs of angry Han took to the streets looking for revenge in the worst ethnic violence that China had seen in decades.
The unrest left nearly 200 dead and 1,700 injured, according to government figures. But Uighurs, a Turkic-speaking Muslim minority, say the toll was much higher and mainly from their community.

China’s authorities have convicted about 200 people, mostly Uighurs, over the riots and sentenced 26 of them to death.

No Fasting
Beijing slapped severe restrictions on Chinese Muslims as the holy fasting month of Ramadan started.
As for Muslim members of the government throughout Xinjiang, the government forced them to sign “letters of responsibility” promising to avoid fasting, evening prayers, or other religious activities.

“Fasting during Ramadan is a traditional ethnic custom, and they are allowed to do that,” an employee who answered the phone at a local government neighborhood committee office in the regional capital Urumqi said confirming the restrictions.
“But they aren’t allowed to hold any religious activities during Ramadan,” she added.
“Party members are not allowed to fast for Ramadan, and neither are civil servants.”

As for private companies, Uighur Muslim employees were offered lunches during fasting hours.
Anyone who refuses to eat could lose their annual bonus, or even their job, Raxit added.
Officials have also targeted Muslim schoolchildren, providing them with free lunches during the fasting period.
A Uighur resident of Beijing said students under 18 are forbidden from fasting during Ramadan. Moreover, government campaigns forced restaurants in the Muslim majority region to stay open all day.

More restrictions were also imposed on people trying to attend prayers at mosques.
Everyone attending prayers has to register with their national identity card, he added.
“They have to register,” he said.
“[After prayers] they aren’t allowed to [congregate and] talk to each other.”

Source:
http://muslimvillage.com/2011/08/06/chinese-muslims-banned-from-fasting-in-ramadan/

Mole
Same way you have your signature, your bosses have created websites with Muslim names
So first you publish the news in these kind of web pages and then show us the links as if they are authentic
Mole more you post here more we know about your motives
now time to post a few pro Pakistan news to neutralize this post.....

In their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies.
( Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #10)

People find love; people lose love…..Every day someone, somewhere takes a conscious decision to destroy some one else.

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Banned
The news look some kinda BS to me...Cos I spend most of my life in China and nobody has ever stopped us from going to mosque or fasting...I still have tens of friends studying there and even they are fasting.

Go to Xinjiang provience, if they let you.

GraanG2

Go to Xinjiang provience, if they let you.

I have been to Xinjiang more than 10 times...Its also called Urumqi(urumchi)...Most of the population is muslim...There is a medical college called Xinjiang Medical college...If u go there ,you will find alot of Pakistani ,Indian and nepali students...I dont know if they have stopped them overnight.But they were fasting recently...Anyway Fasting is something nobody can stop u from,Cos nobody can force u to eat something...SO the guys who fast just chill and enjoy ramadan and be proud of it.

Unicorn

Banned
I have been to Xinjiang more than 10 times...Its also called Urumqi(urumchi)...Most of the population is muslim...There is a medical college called Xinjiang Medical college...If u go there ,you will find alot of Pakistani ,Indian and nepali students...I dont know if they have stopped them overnight.But they were fasting recently...Anyway Fasting is something nobody can stop u from,Cos nobody can force u to eat something...SO the guys who fast just chill and enjoy ramadan and be proud of it.

I you are right than exiled Uighar must be spreading false propaganda and these videos of Chinese crackdown must be fake there are lots of them.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
IF IT IS TRUE (needs to be verified by a commission), then all Muslims countries
should protest against China and forced her to respect the religion tolerance.

GraanG2

I you are right than exiled Uighar must be spreading false propaganda and these videos of Chinese crackdown must be fake there are lots of them.
I am not denying the riots and clashes...What I am saying is that we were never stopped from Fasting...Anyway if thats true,it should be sort out,cos it can lead to more violence and discrimination.Peace

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
IF IT IS TRUE (needs to be verified by a commission), then all Muslims countries
should protest against China and forced her to respect the religion tolerance.

Yes it is true ,

It is china not US, where every activity is allowed.

There is a huge difference between Book people and without book.

Even jews allow to fast and prey ....in Bait ul Maqdas even.... It is very sad indeed.

But I could tell u this problem was started by Pakistani Shetan people. That is Jammat e Islami.

In Mushraf time , Qazi was sent to China to tell them that in future , terrorism will not be done.

That was bbc news , I will try to find out and post it here , if I could find it.

moazzamniaz

چین نے بہت غلط کیا. انتہا پسند تو یہی چاہتے ہیں کہ مغربی اور دوسری غیرمسلم حکومتوں کو عام مسلمانوں سے امتیازی سلوک اور بے جا مذہبی پابندیاں لگانے پر مجبور کر دیں. تاکہ مسلمانوں کی بھاری اکثریت جو خود ان مجہولین کے شر سے عاجز آئ ہوئی ھے، خود مغرب اور چین وغیرہ کے مقابلہ پر آ جاۓ. اور پھر یہ مجہولین پیچھے بیٹھ کر صرف تماشا دیکھیں.مسلم اکثریتی تاجکستان کے بعد اب یہ دوسرا ملک ھے کہ جس نے ایسی غیر انسانی پابندیاں اپنے ہی شہریوں پر لگائی ہیں. بہت ہی قابل مذمت قدم ھے یہ چین کا

adnan_younus

one of my friends is in china dong phd in linguistics and thesis in chinese language.. he said teh same things.. in offices fasting is banned.. be it ramadan or any.. and thie rlogic is fasting decreases the output and people cannot fully perform on their job..

adnan_younus

continue living liek an ostricy and keep saying paksitan islam ka qila hai aur pak cheen dosti zindabaad hai.. islam usee time aat ahai paksitan mein jab logon ko bewakoof bana ker majma akhatta kerna hota hai... religion is but jsut a tool for politicians....

Narcissist

Banned
!!! چین میں کاشغر کے مسلمانوں پر روزہ رکھنے پ

تاجکستان کی پارلیمںٹ کے ایوان زیریں اور ایوان بالا میں پچھلے مہینے اٹھارہ سال سے کم لڑکوں پر مسجد جانے پر پابندی لاگو کرنے کا قانون پاس کر لیا گیا تھا ، اور تاجک صدر نے اس بل پر دستخط کر کے ہمیشہ کیلئے تاجک آئین کا حصہ بنا دیا تھا۔ لیکن چین کی حکومت جو کہ پچھلے دو ماہ سے سنکیانگ صوبے میں اوغر مسلمانوں سے نبردآزما تھی، انہیں سانحات کے دوران بارہ کے قریب لوگ مارے گئے تھے۔ چینی حکومت نے ان حملوں کا ذمہ دار پاکستان کے جہادی کیمپوں سے تربیت یافتہ جہادیوں کو قرار دیا تھا۔ اور پاکستانی حکومت کو عندیہ دیا تھا کہ آئندہ حملوں کی صورت میں چینی فوج پاکستان کے متعلقہ علاقوں میں مبینہ جہادی کیمپوں پر حملہ کرنے کی مجاز ہو گی۔یہ بات تو ہو گئی دو ہفتے پیچھے تک کی۔

اب حالیہ پیش رفت پر کچھ روشنی ؂
چینی حکام نے کاشغر میں سکول کے طلبہ پر روزہ رکھنے پر پابندی تو پہلے ہی عائد کی تھی، لیکن اب تو عام مسلمانوں پر بھی شام کے وقت مسجد میں داخلے پر پابندی ہو گی۔ دفتروں میں کام کرنے والے مسلمانوں کو روزہ رکھنے کی صورت میں نوکری سے ہاتھ دوہنے پڑ سکتے ہیں۔ مسجد میں کسی بھی قسم کی سیاسی گقتگو پر مکمل پابندی ہو گی۔
امریکہ اور مغرب کا مسلمانوں سے تعلق تو جو تھا سو تھا۔ اور ہمارے عالم حضرات مغرب پر ہمیشہ نقطہ چیں رہے۔ اور کھل کر مغربی اقدار کی یلغار کے سامنے ایک پہاڑ مانند کھڑے رہے اور شیطانیت کے تمام ہربوں اور ترکشوں کو اپنے نازک سینوں پر کھا کر اف تک نا کی۔ اور ہماری مشرقی اور اسلامی اقدار کی معصومیت کو مغرب کی عریانیت اور بےہودہ پن سے غلط ملط اور پامال ہونے سے بچانے کا بیڑا اپنے نڈھال کندھوں اٹھائے رکھنے سے کبھی نا گبھرائے۔
اب دیکھنا یہ ہے کہ مغرب میں پیغمبر اسلام کے خاکے بننے کے بعد ایک لمبا تنازعہ چلا تھا۔ اور ہمارے جوش ایمان کی حرارت سے اٹھنے والے شعلے تمام دنیا نے دیکھے۔
مغرب نے اپنے عروج میں بھی وہ پابندیاں عائد نا کی تھی جو چین نے اپنے آپ کو 'دنیا کی نئی طاقت' قرار دینے سے پہلے ہی مسلمانوں پر عائد کر دی ہیں۔ اب دیکھنا یہ ہے کہ کیا کاشغر کے مسلمانوں کے پاوں میں چبھنے والا کانٹا مسلمانان پاکستان کے دل میں انکا درد پیدا کرتا ہے؟؟؟

http://www.onislam.net/english/news/asia-pacific/453366-no-ramadan-for-uighur-muslims.html
453366-no-ramadan-for-uighur-muslims.html

Ubaid

Citizen
If it is true, but I didn't expect this from China. However, China is a non-muslim country and OIC have to raise this issue with the chinese govt. and I am very much confident if Muslim Umma politically force it, it will be solved.

At a time it just look like a political Stunt and Nothing...because chinese know how much their business dependent on muslim and they are not stupid.

moazzamniaz

Re: !!! چین میں کاشغر کے مسلمانوں پر روزہ رکھنے پ

طالبانی اور القاعدی مذھب کے دہشت گردوں کی دہشت گردی بھی قابل مذمت ھے اور تاجکستانی اور چینی حکومتوں کے یہ بنیادی انسانی حقوق کے صریح خلاف بناۓ گئے ظالمانہ قوانین بھی قابل مذمت ہیں. یہ حکومتیں دراصل دہشت گردوں کے ہاتھوں ڈکٹیٹ ہو رہی ہیں.اور دہشت گرد یہی چاہتے ہیں

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

A western Propa.gan.da to put cracks in PK-China Relationship. See the tone of the write up, seems to be written by US State Department, Posted through another false flag cybertrooper. Lagay raho moles your treachery won't work now. (clap)

itsnotme90

Minister (2k+ posts)

Dont worry china will never be able to become a superpower. America is coming back in power financially in 2012 again after second half.