Asad Khan

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Unseen Clip of IK abusing generals: Fresh from container

Now, in Imran's own words:

"Generals won't do anything on their own. If you succeed in gathering 20,000 people, these generals will pee in their pants"

1: So the point of dharna/jalsa politics is to succeed in pressurizing generals?? To make them do what exactly?
2: He gathered 20,000 people or not? No general peed. So is he going to apologize?

I don't believe Pak Army as an institution wants Imran Khan in power. Elements within Pak Army, though, do sometimes whip up the dharnas (of both IK and TUQ) to improve their share in power play.

What better testimony than President of PTI do you need as a proof? Should IK tell you himself there was a London Plan?

I don't care who he abuses. His gutter language is an established reality. However, my take away is what he was expecting from his dharna and the mud-slinging verbal diarrhea culture he is leaving behind him.

I would bet a dime on the xPresident PTI if you for a second take into account his checkered past. Forget the past just watch him in the future how he is going to wriggle in on the Nay-League to collect his cheque for doing their dirty work. For reference do read Former DG ISI affidavit in Supreme Court in the Asghar Khan case tying both Nelson Javed Manelda & George NawAz Washington for their democratic services. Did Imran got it completely wrong taking Hashmi in and making him a president, absolutely and many said so at the time too but this is one thing even Imran won't be able to justify, the inclusion of a known turncoat and a known beneficiary of this system.
On the question of Pak Army wanting Imran at the top, I agree they don't but for reasons different than you would want to admit. Khan is his own man and the army needs damaged weaklings like Zardari & Nawaz to dictate to whenever they feel like. So a strong independent man they can't disgest.
As for creating public pressure to make the generals wee, Imran is spot on. If you want to deny go ahead but in Pakistan democracy works via the GHQ and in the absence of a shred of moral integrity mere public pressure won't even make a grade 17 quit so the pressure needs to be applied where it's due, it's basic common sense. And there might be a message to the generals who aren't completely innocent in this national voting robbery that we won't no longer remain silent. Shahbaz shareef & Chandry Nisar late night meetings with General Kiyani during the dying days of the Zardari regime points to a lot been cooked with the connivance of the generals. You can pretend this is bs but realities in Pak aren't very further Than actual BS.
As for the gutter language, you do in Rome as the Romans do bro. Wanna hear Khan speak posh, try listening to him when he speaks at Davos. Here he is up against Gullu Butts and this is the only language they understand and connect with. He is connecting with the masses who are delibrately been kept uneducated by ur so called Shareefs and zardaris so this leaves it the only simple way to connect with them. Had khan been contesting at the Oxford union I would have been the first to criticize him but since his opponents are the ephidrine abbasis and the 10% zardaris and the money launderer Shareefs he is actually doing it exactly right. I await ur detailed informed nuanced response. Bless you.