India ready to play ball in Pak

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
In a move to keep the Mohali spirit alive, India has backed Pakistan prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilanis proposal to have the cricket teams of both countries play a three-match series in Pakistan. Gilani on Tuesday spoke of attempts to restart cricketing ties with India. Negotiations are underway a

related stories
'Cricket diplomacy good for ties'
Indo-Pak series very soon: PCB chairman
Indo-Pak differences cannot be resolved through match
Mohali spirit boosts ties between India and Pakistan
nd nothing has been finalised as yet, he said.

On Wednesday, Indian government sources confirmed Delhi s readiness to walk the extra mile. "It is a sport that has a following on both sides I think everyone would love to watch them play," an official said.

Indias in-principle decision to send the team preferably around the time Prime Minister Manmohan Singh visits Islamabad later this year comes amid reports that Pakistani-born Canadian citizen Tahawwur Rana has admitted to the role of Pakistans ISI in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

"This is surrendered foreign policy. We condemn this abject surrender of the government, said BJP spokesperson Prakash Javdekar, responding to the government talking about continuing the dialogue process. It has lost the opportunity to expose after the confession. (External affairs minister SM) Krishna should have said that unless Pakistan takes action against terror, there is no meaning in talks.

But Indias security establishment has also come around to the point that not talking is not a solution.
"Ours is a measured response continue talking as long as the other side indicates a positive approach and nudge them to deliver on their intentions. So far, they have not, sources said.

Home minister P Chidambaram recently acknowledged Pakistan was yet to deliver on commitments to act against 26/11 terrorists. For a country struck off the list of venues for international sporting events after the 2009 terrorists attack on the Lanka cricket team in Lahore, the proposed series in Pakistan would do more than deepen people-to-people contact.

Home ministry officials said they would need to take extra precautions to ensure the security of the Indian team in light of the 2009 attack. That should not be a problem, one said.

There might, however, be difficulties in persuading the BCCI to indicate a set of dates and in countering the BJP. A BCCI official indicated they werent really excited at the prospect of the visit. "We are apprehensive about this plan," he said.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-ready-to-play-ball-in-Pak/H1-Article1-684834.aspx

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Like I had said earlier this is the result of Pakistan handing the match over to India. This was already agreed upon. Next you will see that Pakistani players will asked to join IPL also. All goes on to prove that Pakistan did loose the match as per instructions of the government and India gave concessions which were part of that deal.

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
Like I had said earlier this is the result of Pakistan handing the match over to India. This was already agreed upon. Next you will see that Pakistani players will asked to join IPL also. All goes on to prove that Pakistan did loose the match as per instructions of the government and India gave concessions which were part of that deal.

thats true,gilaani phoned afridi and he said these things,why all players were tensed and depressed because they didnt want to loose but PM order and rehman malik ne bhi ,, topi drama hai ....
dhanda hai per gandda hai yeh ,,,,

drshahabj

Councller (250+ posts)
I really dont understand this! How can PM or any minister ask players to lose? And players will lose because PM/Interior minister ordered them to do so? Grow up guys. Have some common sense. Do you think our players will lose their prestige and international fame of being world champions because PM wanted them to do so. If thats true then shame on our cricket team. Would you lose if you were the cricket captain or player? I wouldn't...

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I really dont understand this! How can PM or any minister ask players to lose? And players will lose because PM/Interior minister ordered them to do so? Grow up guys. Have some common sense. Do you think our players will lose their prestige and international fame of being world champions because PM wanted them to do so. If thats true then shame on our cricket team. Would you lose if you were the cricket captain or player? I wouldn't...

Well you can see the signs every where. Why would Misbah play like he did and no one would say anything against him?? Why was nobody feeling sorry even when they were dropping Tendulkar every few minutes? Why is the PM inviting the team? Why is India ready to play in Pakistan now?? And soon you will also see that they will ask Pakistani players to join IPL. just wait and see my friend. Politics is a dirty business my friend. I believe ICC was also involved as if you look at the LBW appeal against Tendulkar you can see how the ball actually changed its direction in the appeal process??

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
Well you can see the signs every where. Why would Misbah play like he did and no one would say anything against him?? Why was nobody feeling sorry even when they were dropping Tendulkar every few minutes? Why is the PM inviting the team? Why is India ready to play in Pakistan now?? And soon you will also see that they will ask Pakistani players to join IPL. just wait and see my friend. Politics is a dirty business my friend. I believe ICC was also involved as if you look at the LBW appeal against Tendulkar you can see how the ball actually changed its direction in the appeal process??

app kay hamaray khiyalat kitnay miltay hey

ishwaq

Minister (2k+ posts)
India, Pakistan to resume cricket ties

14 April 2011, 8:43 AM

cricket2_pm31032011.jpg
cricket2_pm_2_31032011.jpg
cricket2_galanisonia_31032011.jpg
cricket2_galansoniafood_31032011.jpg
cricket1_bcc_31032011.jpg
cricket2_galaniteam_31032011.jpg
cricket3_galaniteam_31032011.jpg
cricket2_singhteampak_31032011.jpg
cricket5_fans_31032011.jpg
cricket4_fans_31032011.jpg

cricket2_pm31032011.jpg
cricket2_pm_1_31032011.jpg
cricket2_pm_2_31032011.jpg

loading.gif

13/13

India and Pakistan have agreed to resume direct sporting ties, including cricket games, which were frozen after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, reports said.
The decision comes two weeks Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Pakistani counterpart Yousuf Raza Gilani watched together as their respective teams played in the semi-final of the Cricket World Cup in northwest India.
Several Indian newspapers cited unidentified government sources as saying the question of precisely when and where the first cricket series between the rivals might take place would be decided by the two national cricket boards.
Although the Indian and Pakistani cricket teams have played each other in international and regional tournaments in recent years, the last series was held in 2007-08, when the Pakistani team visited India.
India broke off diplomatic and sporting links after 10 gunmen launched coordinated attacks on targets in Mumbai, killing 166 people in November 2008.
The Mint newspaper quoted one government source as saying India’s cricket team would tour Pakistan next year, with a return series in India the year after.
No international cricket team has visited Pakistan to play any match since militants launched a gun and grenade assault on the visiting Sri Lankan cricket team on March 3, 2009.
The attack saw Pakistan stripped of its right to co-host the just-concluded 2011 Cricket World Cup.
http://khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArti...ernational_April628.xml&section=international

Last edited: