Indian Media Responsible for Worsening Pakistan - India Relationship - Afridi

concern_paki

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Exactly they do not have those clean and big hearts as Pakistani Muslims do .......... Well said Afridi ...................... Love Afridi .....

Imranpak

It's all about selling newspapers and getting people to talk!. In India nothing receives greater publicity then anything Pakistani which is why Indian's have and always will be obsessed with us!

They're not celebrating a world cup victory rather our defeat but let me tell you that we've won the Hockey world cup that is the national game of the subcontinent four times and they only once! We also dominated Squash when they were dancing around tree's!!

Even at cricket we've defeated them more times then they have us so overall in Sport we're well ahead of them.

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
Does Afridi not think or engage his brain before opening his mouth? Agreed he led the team well and did well with the ball in the world cup but there was really no need to bring religion into a cricket discussion. Some comments or thoughts are not for public consumption and Afridi should have realised that. The indian media won't let it pass or go completely unnoticed once the celebration is over. Afridi is just too emotional and fickle. Instead of (blindly) playing to the gallery and letting out his bottled up emotions, he should have acted wisely. This is the age of internet afterall and such things cannot remain hidden from the general public for too long. Forget Imran Khan, a calm and wise man like Misbah, no matter what we think of his 'strange' SF innings, would never have stooped to this level. No matter what we think of the indians or hindus in general or their 'negative' media, such cheap comments are unbecoming of a national captain.

I cannot defend such an idiotic and irresponsible act

saying indian media is negative, is fine with me but by mentioning the word 'musalman' (use is objectionable in a cricket discussion) is he not implying that hindus do not have a 'saaf dil'. If he had just said humaray that w'd have been just fine and noone would have felt so bad about it.

I have reservations about Pakistani cricketers invoking religion in cricket discussions and post match interviews all the time. This started from Waqar in 2001/2002 when he was made captain. a quick bismillah is suffice and then move on to cricket...say something interesting and intelligent like Sangakkara, the best in the business IMO

Last edited:

AZulfi

MPA (400+ posts)
Actually Afridi is very clever. He starts off by mentioning the word musalman so no one w'd dare to Q or challenge his captaincy during the world cup. Agreed he led with the ball but his captaincy in the crucial SF game was defensive and poor e.g. delaying the batting pp for no good reason etc. Afridi knows Pakistanis are emotional fools when it comes to religion and playing the religion card works well with the vast majority. Then realising what he has done, Afridi tries to turn the discussion to outsiders (or US) putting all the blame for Indo-Pak tense relations on them. Deep down inside he knows he has goofed up because all the money (lucrative contracts, IPL etc.) is in India. some cunning soul he is

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Probably Afridi wants to be a politician to join Imran Khan, who will have have the support only when he can say anything against (ill concived) India?

But your media's anti-Pakistan coverage was quite well-conceived. Afridi would have had this proposition, had he been a winner of the cup. Probably you are wrong.

Night-Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Probably you want a gift frrom India.

Actually I wanted to correct your "ill-conceived" judgement about your rivals while carefully preserving your own "gifts''. Probably you are not that generous to begin with while expecting something generous from the enemy. Probably you are special?

Last edited:

Zionist Hindu

Senator (1k+ posts)
Afridi recanted on indian news channel. Now viewers must decide which version of afridi to believe.

http://sports.ndtv.com/world-cup-2011/videos/?video_id=195596&cat=worldcup2011

He is an idiot. If he has even a bit of self respect he will never go to India. I used to be his fan, but when he said such things it just showed me what kind of big heart he has. I haven't heard any Indian player saying anything negative to Pakistanis. THis guy is supposed to be a captain. Captain represent team and whole nation. What a bad loser!!!

Last edited:

Malik495

He is an idiot. If he has even a bit of self respect he will never go to India. I used to be his fan, but when he said such things it just showed me what kind of big heart he has. I haven't heard any Indian player saying anything negative to Pakistanis. THis guy is supposed to be a captain. Captain represent team and whole nation. What a bad loser!!!

its a natural reaction you stupid .. u just need to watch your stagnant channels like aaj tak india tv and other crap with fuill of fake conspracies against every single player of pakistani team and also these bloody channels are responsible of your fake wc trophy which proved wrong as haroon lorgart clarified.. your media is responsible of your national attitude.. we know how u respect pakistanis in india we know what kind of respect we have among your hindus and your muslims too.. yes ur muslims cz your muslims hates pakistanis as hindus hates pakistan if you are in doubt then i can prove by videos as well..
go and make your national image more softer rather then posting here with emotional phrases.. we pakistanis dont care what indians think.. we pakistanis dont even care what the hell going on in your stagnant media..

Last edited:

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bhajji slams Afridi for his comments on Indians

Jallandhar: Ace Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh on Tuesday hit out at Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi for his out-of-turn reaction on Indians and their supposedly lack of big-heartedness.
"If Indians were not large-hearted, they wouldn't have made so much of progress and delivered growth," said an angry Habhajan, reacting to Afridi's controversial remarks that Indians cannot be as large-hearted as the Pakistani.

harbhajan-afridi-630.jpg

"I think it's been an uncalled for reaction. It wouldn't help the love and respect with which he is treated in this country."
Afridi, in a television interview, had berated Indians for their "lack of large heart, unlike Muslims and Pakistanis" and criticised Indian opener Gautam Gambhir for dedicating the win over Pakistan to victims of 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.
After his remarks created a furore, Afridi did a volte-face, claiming that he was misunderstood and quoted out of context.
"Media makes a big deal of small issues. It is shameful.
I have always done my bit to improve Indo-Pak ties but sometimes you say something and it is interpreted the other way. I have been quoted out of context," Afridi said.