Lumia 720 and 520 are Nokia's latest smartphones

phonemart.pk

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

Nokia's event at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona is now over and the highlight is the announcement of the Lumia 720 and 520.
Both devices pack a dual-core 1 GHz Snapdragon processor (Krait to be precise), run on Windows Phone 8 and share Nokia's many software advancements like Drive, Maps, software lenses, etc.

Nokia Lumia 720

The Lumia 720 sports a 4.3" ClearBlack display of WVGA (800 x 480) resolution with super sensitive touch, which works with gloves, nails, etc. The dual-core processor is coupled with 512 MB of RAM. There's NFC, the battery capacity is 2000 mAh, the phone is 9 mm thick and weighs 128g. There are 8 gigs on on-board storage and there's a microSD card slot with up to 64GB support. Wireless charging is enabled too. The camera on the back is a 6.7MP unit with a bright f/1.9 aperture and Carl Zeiss optics.
gsmarena_005.jpg

The device comes in a plastic body - in a variety of colors and exchangeable panels - red, yellow, cyan, magenta, etc. The device will launch in Asia (TD-SCDMA version for China) and in select European countries this quarter for a price of 249 (around $330). Since it lacks LTE, is will most likely skip the US market.

Nokia Lumia 520

The Lumia 520 is the lesser of the two smartphones. It also packs a dual-core 1 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM but the display is a 4" WVGA IPS LCD with super sensitive touch. The camera on the back is 5 MP, which does 720p video capture.
gsmarena_006.jpg

The Lumia 520 weighs 124g and is 9.9 mm thick.
The Lumia 520 will hit the shelves this Q2, too, for
$183 starting with China. Later on it will hit the rest of Asia, Europe and US.

via gsmarena

aamirksa

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
لومیا کے سارے ماڈل کی ڈیزائن ایک جیسی ہے ، اسی وجہ سے انکو خریدنے کو دل نہیں کرتا

phonemart.pk

Somewhat. The numbers look promising but you are right you dnt often see someone holding a lumia. The reason can be the price range that's why they are releasing cheap phones with decent performance to provide more options for the customer.
Is lumia any successful? Haven't seen one in hands of anyone.

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
I really love the appearance and build quality but not too attracted to Windows phone.
I am married to android for a while....

phonemart.pk

I really love the appearance and build quality but not too attracted to Windows phone.
I am married to android for a while....
Android is quite ahead but windows phone is very close to it now, only thing required in Pakistan is its Nokia maps and some local benefits , ready to go

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
When I said married to android means my contacts and all sync to gmail and I am uswd to the interface and applications its like a network effect that google has created. Any other company will have to do really BIG to detach
ucustomers like me
Android is quite ahead but windows phone is very close to it now, only thing required in Pakistan is its Nokia maps and some local benefits , ready to go