Misconceptions Vs Facts About Shabaan

Faiza

Misconceptions Vs Facts About Shabaan

FACT : The most involuntary fasts (nafil fasts) kept by Rasool Allah sallalahu alayhe wasallam were in the month of shabaan.

Aisha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) did not observe fast in any month of the year more than in the month of Shaban, and used to say: Do as many deeds as you are capable of doing, for Allah will not become weary (of giving you reward), but you would be tired (of doing good deeds) ; and he also said: The deed liked most by Allah is one to which the doer adheres constantly even if it is small.( Muslim :: Book 6 : Hadith 2582 )

Common Knowledge About Shab e Baraat Vs FACTS
MISCONCEPTION: Fasting only on 15[SUP]th[/SUP] of Shaban is a deed of great reward.

FACT:
Fasting ONLY on 15[SUP]th[/SUP] of Shabaan is an innovation and not according to the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Thus should be totally avoided. Fasting frequently in Shabaan was the Sunnah of Rasool Allah However; Rasool prohibited his ummah from fasting after 15[SUP]th[/SUP] of Shabaan due to fear of becoming too weak to be able to fast in Ramadan.

Rasool Allah Sallaalahu alayhe Wasallam said : When half of shaban has passed, do not fast
(Abu Dawood Bab 12: Hadith 2337- Classed Hasan Sahih by Albani)

Therefore the Muslims should fast frequently in the first half of Shabaan and avoid fasting in the second half of Shabaan.

MISCONCEPTION
: Shab e Baraat i.e. the 15[SUP]th[/SUP] of Shabaan is a Special Night for prayers in Islam.

FACT:
There is no such thing as Shab e Baraat. Word Shab e Baraat never appears in the Quran or Hadith. Shab e Baraat is infact NOT an Arabic Word.

Shab e Barat is actually Persian for lailatul qadr:

The night on which the Quran was revealed is termed Lailatul Qadr in Surah al Qadr in the Quran. When Lailtul Qadr is translated in Persian Language : Lailatul became Shabb and Qadr became Baraat. Thus Shab e Baraat is the Persian translation of Lailatul Qadr.

This is the night on which Quran was revealed, it is a night of great blessing and it falls in the last 10 days of Ramadan.Thus there is no reality in celebrating the night of 15th of shabaan, because Shab e Baraat actually falls in Ramadan.
(Reference:Translation of Tafsir Surah Dukhaan, Taiseer ul Quran , Vol 4, pg. 176 by Molana Abdul Rehman Kelani.)

MISCONCEPTION:
On this blessed night Allah Tala descends down to forgive people

FACT:
Allah Tala descends down EVERY night to forgive the people who repent.

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allahs Apostle said, When it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, descends every night to the heaven of the world and says, Is there anyone who invokes Me (demand anything from Me), that I may respond to his invocation; Is there anyone who asks Me for something that I may give (it to) him; Is there anyone who asks My forgiveness that I may forgive him? Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 75, Number 333:

MISCONCEPTION:
This is the blessed night on which the taqdeer is decided. Who will livewho will die. Who will get how much rizq

The following verses of the Quran are presented as evidence for this as this verse is talking about a blessed night on which everything is decreed..

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
إِنَّآ أَنزَلۡنَـٰهُ فِى لَيۡلَةٍ۬ مُّبَـٰرَكَةٍ*ۚ إِنَّا كُنَّا مُنذِرِينَ (٣) فِيہَا يُفۡرَقُ كُلُّ أَمۡرٍ حَكِيمٍ (٤) أَمۡرً۬ا مِّنۡ عِندِنَآ*ۚ إِنَّا كُنَّا مُرۡسِلِينَ (٥) رَحۡمَةً۬ مِّن رَّبِّكَ*ۚ إِنَّهُ ۥ هُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلۡعَلِيمُ (٦)
Verit ly We Sent it down on a blessed night Verily,We are ever warning (3) There in is decreed every matter of ordainments(4) As a Command from Us. Verily, We are ever sending , (5)(As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is theAll-Hearer, the All-Knower. (6)
Surah Dukhaan Chapter 44 Verse 4FACT: The verse is being misquoted.
This Verse is about a Night in Ramadan NOT Shab e Baraat. The verse is talking about revelation of Quran on a blessed Night. Read the first 2 ayats of Surah Dukhaan again! Indeed we sent IT (i.e. The Quran) on a blessed Night (Lailtul Qadr in Ramadan)
H-Mm (1) By the clear Book,(2) Indeed, We sent it down during a blessed night. Indeed, We were to warn [mankind].(3) On that night is made distinct every precise matter -(4)(Quran Surah Dukhaan 44: 1-4)
Allah has informed us in Surah Baqarah that the Quran was revealed in the month of Ramadan.
شَہۡرُ رَمَضَانَ ٱلَّذِىٓ أُنزِلَ فِيهِ ٱلۡقُرۡءَانُ
The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Quran.( Surah Al Baqarah. Chapter 2:185)
So which night is Surah Dukhaan talking about? The night of revelation of Quran in Ramadan is none other than Lailtul Qadr. On this night angels descend and taqdeer is decided.Read Surah Qadr
إِنَّآ أَنزَلۡنَـٰهُ فِى لَيۡلَةِ ٱلۡقَدۡرِ (١)
وَمَآ أَدۡرَٮٰكَ مَا لَيۡلَةُ ٱلۡقَدۡرِ (٢)
لَيۡلَةُ ٱلۡقَدۡرِ خَيۡرٌ۬ مِّنۡ أَلۡفِ شَہۡرٍ۬ (٣)
تَنَزَّلُ ٱلۡمَلَـٰٓٮِٕكَةُ وَٱلرُّوحُ فِيہَا بِإِذۡنِ رَبِّہِم مِّن كُلِّ
أَمۡرٍ۬ (٤)

سَلَـٰمٌ هِىَ حَتَّىٰ مَطۡلَعِ ٱلۡفَجۡرِ (٥

Indeed, We sent the Quran down during the Night of Decree. (1) And what can make you know what is the Night of Decree?(2) The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months(3) The angels and the Spirit descend therein by
permission of their Lord for every matter.(4) Peace it is until the emergence of dawn(5)(Quran 97: Surah Qadr)

Lailtul Qadr is the night on which decree is decided.
Please re-read verse four: On that night is made distinct every precise matter.
This is the verse which is talking about deciding of fate. and in Surah Qadr, the name itself is self explanatory, Qadr Taqdeer The night of decree \decree means to decide
also Allah says in this surah Qadr:
The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for EVERY MATTER.

Please visit the following link and read the tafsir of Surah Qadr from Tafsir Ibn Kathir.

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=97&tid=58835

And we all know that Laitul Qadr isa night which falls in the odd nights of last 10 days of Ramadan.So the Night of Decree is NOT 15th Shabaan but Lailatul Qadr.

MISCONCEPTION
: Souls of the dead visit the earth and therefore one should go to cemeteries.

FACT: Once a person dies, if the soul is good, it is sent to IleeYeen and if it is bad it is sent down to Sijeyeen. There is a barzakh / a barrier between the souls and this world and they can never ever return to this world or contact us.
Until, when death comes to one of them (those who join partners with Allh), he says: My Lord! Send me back, (99) So that I may do good in that which I have left behind! No! It is but a word that he speaks, and behind them is Barzakh (a barrier) until the Day when they will be resurrected.(Surah Mominoon -100)

http://javeria.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/misconceptions-vs-facts-about-shabaan/

faqira786

Senator (1k+ posts)
15 shaban only in PAKISTAN and INDIA.

All those thing you see in ONLY Pakistan. People of Pakistan should Learn from

SAUDI (MAKKAH and MADINAH)
QATAR
Egypt
IRAQ

I know the fact that noone in Pakistan will beleived on this until they leave PAKISTAN.

w-a-n-t-e-d-

Minister (2k+ posts)

QATAR
Egypt
IRAQ

I know the fact that noone in Pakistan will beleived on this until they leave PAKISTAN.

im in africa or yahan Ahlesunnat wal jamat or ghair muqalideen bhi es shab ki fazeelat ko jantay hoay
raat ko nafli ebadat kartay hain or din ka roza rakhtay hain ....

ghair muqalideen main firqay etnay bantay jarahay hain k jis ki hadh nahi

jisko jo sumhaj ata hai osi ko apna mazhab bana laytay hai...

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

QATAR
Egypt
IRAQ

Tell to your Mirza Manhoos to follow Saudia...

Or you could try too,

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
im in africa or yahan Ahlesunnat wal jamat or ghair muqalideen bhi es shab ki fazeelat ko jantay hoay
raat ko nafli ebadat kartay hain or din ka roza rakhtay hain ....

ghair muqalideen main firqay etnay bantay jarahay hain k jis ki hadh nahi

jisko jo sumhaj ata hai osi ko apna mazhab bana laytay hai...
It is every where brother, except Qadyan or Golden tample. Mirza was Sikh.

angryoldman

Minister (2k+ posts)
i still don't get abt "ghair muqalideen".
wht is base for muqalideen?
all 4 school of thoughts are that strict that 1 cannot merg in other?
were all they tried to devide us in sects?muqalideen and non muqalideen,hanfi,bralvi,malki,shafi,ahle hadeeth,?
in my opinion they all spent their lives to simplify islam for us.and now its our Emaans that how strong we are.when we stuck some piont there should't be any obstacle to chose 1 opinion among these 4 school of thoughts according to our Emaans.if i m wrong plz correct me.:jazak:

-Vivacious-

Citizen
Thank you for sharing the information, faiza.
Only today I was going through an article and read this :

"According to the Hadith Shareef which is narrated by Ibne Habaan (radi Allahu anhu) that Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "When the night of 15th Shabaan arrives spend the night awake and keep fast the next day" "

which seems a bit contrary in view of the article you shared. Will you please help me in verifying the validity of this hadith?

Thank you, TC

Faiza

Thank you for sharing the information, faiza.
Only today I was going through an article and read this :

"According to the Hadith Shareef which is narrated by Ibne Habaan (radi Allahu anhu) that Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: "When the night of 15th Shabaan arrives spend the night awake and keep fast the next day" "

which seems a bit contrary in view of the article you shared. Will you please help me in verifying the validity of this hadith?

Thank you, TC

Assalamo Alakum

I hope this video will help you

sdmuashr

Senator (1k+ posts)
Shabaan Kay Ehkaam

Bismillah
Assalam o Alaikum,

71674600_1340705155.jpg

72162100_1340705155.jpg

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Re: Shabaan Kay Ehkaam

Every thing is good and acceptable, but without Halwah it is not good...

Please allow Halwah..

Munaim Tahir

Councller (250+ posts)
15th Shabaan is Shab e Barat! Proof form Sahih Hadith

Hadith# 1
It is related by Muaz bin Jabal that the Blessed Prophet ( pbuh) said: Allah looks at His creation in "the night of mid-Sha`ban" and He forgives all His creation.except for a mushrik (idolater) or a mushahin (one bent on hatred).[Ibn Hibban, Sahih,ed.
Shu`ayb Arna'ut Vol 012: Hadith 5665] Hadith# 2
Narrated by Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As Allah's Messenger ( pbuh ) said, Allah, the Exalted andGlorious looks down on "the middle night of Sha'ban" and forgives all His creation except two people, the mushahin and the murderer.[Musnad Ahmad Vol 003, Hadith No. 6353] Hadith# 3
Narrated by Abu Musa al-Ash'ari Allah's Messenger (pbuh ) said, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious looks down on "the middle night of Sha'ban" and forgives all His creation. except a polytheist or one who is mushahin.
[Sunan Ibn Maja Vol 002, Hadith Number 1380] Hadith#4
It is related by Abu Thalaba that the Blessed Prophet (pbuh ) said: On the 15th night of Shabaan, Allah looks over at his creation and forgives all the believers except for the one who begrudges and hates. He leaves them in
their enmity.
[Bayhqi, Tafsir ad-Dar al-Manthur Under the Verse 44:3] Hadith#5
Imran bin Husain (ra) reported Allah's Messenger ( ???? ???? ???? ??? ) having said to him or to someone else: Did you fast in the "Middle of Sha'ban?" He said: No. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: If you did not observe fast, then you should observe fast for two days.
[Muslim Book 006, Number 2607]

*Hadith Number 2*

??? ???? ???? ??????? ??? ???? ???? ? ???? ???? ???? ???? ? ???? ? ??? ???? ????? ?? ???? ????? ?? ????? ????? ????? ???? ??? ????? ?? ?????

Translation: Narrated by Abu Musa al-Ash'ari Allah's Messenger (??? ???? ???? ????) said, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious looks down on "the middle night of Sha'ban" and forgives all His creation. except a polytheist or one who is mushahin. [Sunan Ibn Maja Volume 002, Hadith Number 1380]

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)
Re: 15th Shabaan is Shab e Barat! Proof form Sahih Hadith

I couldn't find word shab e barat from any of the Hadith quoted above

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)

Aur Qadri saab....laggay raho qom ko bewaqoof bananay...

Munaim Tahir

Councller (250+ posts)

Ok Dont call it Shab e Barat. call it laylatul Nisf Shaban or night of 15th Shaban. I hope you dont have any stupid objection to this one.

I couldn't find word shab e barat from any of the Hadith quoted above

sahiL

Senator (1k+ posts)

Why should I? Why should I be part of an innovation? But laggay raho...
Ok Dont call it Shab e Barat. call it laylatul Nisf Shaban or night of 15th Shaban. I hope you dont have any stupid objection to this one.