My feedback after my latest visit to Pakistan

noumanali26

Councller (250+ posts)
Yes, Unfortunately Pakistan has many problems....but inshaAllah if we stay and work positively at least on our ends, I hope we will be able to overcome all problems one day...

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
"In short the era of 1980s and 90s is not there anymore and now certain things have changed for worse, and the peace of mind and environment of trust have pretty much vanished"

That is it. I went to Pakistan this year after 15+ years and my goodness it makes you sad
(cry)

I was in Pakistan 4 years ago. Now my wife goes back to her parents every year, but I for one don't feel I can hack it there anymore. It is a sad sight to see chaos, crimes and more people with misery.
I used to cherish the 80's until then you can still go around the streets in the dark of the night without any fear or family getting extremely worried.

farhankhan1111

Senator (1k+ posts)
my last visit to Pakistan in sept last year and it was same like yours

I moved to Canada from Dubai and it 8 months now in Vancouver

whatever good or bad about Pakistan but still I miss my country .... country is good but unfortunately we have monsters ruller like PMLn ppp
adding PTI

huspania

MPA (400+ posts)
Bro its the norms of the Pakistani society which have become part of everyone life. My 11 years son wanted to visit pakistan who had indefinite leave in the UK. He landed safely and did not enjoy the holidays there with my brothers and sisters. Upon return, when he was handed over the airline staff to accompany him, 3 hours later, my brother received a call from airport security that he has not been allowed to travel because he is not in possession of his expired passport, on which he traveled to the UK for the first time. That passport was expired in 2010. My brother insisted that his old expired passport is in the UK and he has a valid pakistani passport, issued by Pakistani consulate in Bradford but the donkey did not hear anything. As a result my son missed the flight and we lost the whole ticket. I made a complaint to the FIA that under the rules only those travelers need to posses old passport if they are asking for subsidized currency while my son never asked for so whey he was not allowed to travel. 7 months have passed and no response been received. I tried to contact them again and a message is coming through that we value your feedback. Its a nightmare and unless the current idiots are not put behind bars for their lives, the system would not get better.. I feel sorry for Pakistani nation

Pathfinder

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I was in Pakistan 4 years ago. Now my wife goes back to her parents every year, but I for one don't feel I can hack it there anymore. It is a sad sight to see chaos, crimes and more people with misery.
I used to cherish the 80's until then you can still go around the streets in the dark of the night without any fear or family getting extremely worried.

There is a rat race in that country and people are looking to make score of you if they find out you are not from around there you have to be very vigilant, truly sad state of affairs gone is the peace and tranquility vanished. If one thing just one thing could be done that is Law & Order that would take care of 70% of the problems but will it happen in our life time!!

ninetykman

Minister (2k+ posts)
ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU, WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR COUNTRY.

I just came back in MAY. I loved it. Yes there is poverty and problems, yet its my country, my people. The respect I get there, I get it no where else. So stop whining and try to make a difference.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Partly agreed but I had been to Peshwar and Islamabad 3 times, I saw things are improving despite so much terrorism.

Ab Karachi kay awam khud hi Karachi say Tang hay tu Bahir say aanay walay tu hungay hi tung.

Kia koi acchi baat nazar nahi aai aap ko? ya aap ki misaal bhi us makkhi ki hai jo saray gher mey ja ker sirif baith ti hai to gundagi per. ;) safai usay nazar nahi aati, Wish you would have opened your eyes and saw the beauty too.

4 jamaaten parhty to pata chalta k makhi bethti hi gandi jaga pr hai, saaf jaga pe nhy bethti.
ye makhi ka faida hai k wo gandi jaga ki nishandahi kerti hai.

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
well brother I read your post and I am sorry to say that I do not agree with you. I have lived all my life in America or at least most of it. I think the problem with overseas Pakistanis is that they get stuck in an era or their expectations grow to a certain level and then they start comparing themselves to people living in Pakistan. Let me remind you that pakistan is developing and it is not "developed". the bad things that you talk about are present in every society and may be a little more than in our country. My questions to people like you is that why is it that everyone concentrates on bad things, all i heard from you here were complaints. Alhamdulillah I go to Pakistan almost every year or two, and no I am not rich at all. I always love being home and Alhamdulillah first thing I do upon landing is sajdah, along with my brothers. We know that there are problems but at the same time we know that this is our motherland and this is where we came from. Next time when anyone of us see bad things like the ones you mentioned in your post, then please think about what you can do to help these people think or do things the right way. Overseas Pakistanis can talk like this because Allah has given them an opportunity and believe me give the people of Pakistan the same environment and opportunity then you would find a the Pakistan you are looking for. It is the responsibility of people like you and me who have to do something or play even a small role in bringing that change in our society. complaining is not a sign of success or happiness. Learn to love unconditionally with a conscious of identifying wrongdoings and then trying to correct them. Another thing I notice about overseas Pakistanis is that they like to be treated like royals when they go back, so sooner they get over that the happier they be. I LOVE PAKISTAN AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNCONDITIONALLY. Take care.

Buddy, thanks for the input. I told you that I had enjoyed there as well and Pakistan still holds and important spot in my heart .

And regarding problems, let me tell you something. At my workplace here I am the only Pakistani . Whenever I speak about going back to Pakistan because of some emotional or psychological stress then my Indian mates ask me with their shocked expressions that hey don't go there, why do you want to get into some mess? If any Canadian , American, Indian, French, German or Polish etc....have a negative impression about Pakistani society then we can talk to him and explain that Pakistan is not what mainstream media shows, but what if a Pakistani himself tells negative things about his country? That's what happened to them. This Indian lady who works with me , knows few other Pakistanis too beside me and they are like - Life in Pakistan is now plagued with crime, fraud and deception. So how can I argue with her when others are saying a different thing and they aren't wrong either; and she(the Indian colleague) didn't show any hostility in her attitude, but was giving me a friendly advice of not going to Pakistan as I will be the only one who will get screwed.

Many overseas Pakistanis have not forgotten about Pakistan but they are scared or reluctant to move back, and there HAVE BEEN incidents where overseas Pakistanis were robbed or cheated when they went back home. And more than overseas Pakistanis, the people whom I met there in Pakistan were showing signs of hopelessness and fear. As I mentioned earlier , majority of people over there would ask me not to come back. So when there are thousands of Pakistanis in Pakistan who ask that there's no scope in Pakistan and stay there in Canada then what am I suppose to do?

However, I also say to different people that Pakistan is not a poor country, it's just a poorly managed country. And I still dream that one day Pakistan will be a place where many experienced overseas Pakistanis and others would conveniently go to live and work.

If you can notice then I have also talked about LG system and how it can benefit the nation. :)

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bro its the norms of the Pakistani society which have become part of everyone life. My 11 years son wanted to visit pakistan who had indefinite leave in the UK. He landed safely and did not enjoy the holidays there with my brothers and sisters. Upon return, when he was handed over the airline staff to accompany him, 3 hours later, my brother received a call from airport security that he has not been allowed to travel because he is not in possession of his expired passport, on which he traveled to the UK for the first time. That passport was expired in 2010. My brother insisted that his old expired passport is in the UK and he has a valid pakistani passport, issued by Pakistani consulate in Bradford but the donkey did not hear anything. As a result my son missed the flight and we lost the whole ticket. I made a complaint to the FIA that under the rules only those travelers need to posses old passport if they are asking for subsidized currency while my son never asked for so whey he was not allowed to travel. 7 months have passed and no response been received. I tried to contact them again and a message is coming through that we value your feedback. Its a nightmare and unless the current idiots are not put behind bars for their lives, the system would not get better.. I feel sorry for Pakistani nation

Let me tell you something about the Pakistani consulate in Toronto too. I and my parents went there for renewal of passports and NICOP cards. Even a doctor working in a clinic puts his official timings at the entrance whereas I couldn't see timings mentioned anywhere over there, and they didn't mention it anywhere on their website either.

Anyways , after entering there they have put printouts everywhere in order to tell which department is where and the attitude of employees / officials was simply poor and in some cases horrible. Some of them talk in a same way like a jailer does to prisoners . They do so since they know that they aren't answerable to Government of Canada but only Pakistan , and the worst thing that they can receive is deportation back to Pakistan or relocation to some other part of the world. And the ministers sitting in Islamabad don't seem to care about problems faced by overseas Pakistanis or the customer service they face. :angry_smile:

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Kia koi acchi baat nazar nahi aai aap ko? ya aap ki misaal bhi us makkhi ki hai jo saray gher mey ja ker sirif baith ti hai to gundagi per. ;) safai usay nazar nahi aati, Wish you would have opened your eyes and saw the beauty too.

I enjoyed there too. The two interesting things that I would witness there was

Patel Hospital

Awesome service and one of the best doctors for different sorts of treatment. I went there a number of times for me and my mother and it's really a great place.

77330768.jpg

Popularity of Bahria Town

Now that's what you call the hot stuff in the city albeit I have not been to their site in person. But shuhrat tau hui hay us jagah ki. Malik Riaz tau lugta hay state ke within state bunane wala bunda hay ..... ab dekhna hay key ye aam public ka kitna faeda karwata hay. Waise Bahria may invst karna hum jaise middle class logoun ke bus ki baat nahi hay. Suna hay key even cancellation fees bhi koi Rs. 600,000.00 hay udhar. Zabardast architecture hay Bahria town ka

Yaar life ki enjoyment Pakistan may ab bhi baqi hay , kuch bhi ho. Apna kaam tha udhar ki social, psychological aur political mindset per review dena...so may nay diya

A.G.Uddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
he visited karachi bro, what do you expect

For Karachi this is a good read and i would love to see similar review of Lahore in same way.

I myself have lived Karachi until last year moved to Lahore due to work. Lahore is much better and no body has ever made me feel like am a Karachi bhaiyaaa.

This mindset of punjabphobia is very wrong at public level and credit goes to MQM for this. There might be a problem at federal level which also happens in Karachi.

next time when u come to pakistan , try to live in islamabad , murree , abbotabad , lahore etc ur life would be much better and u ll enjoy more over here. when i moved from canada to islamabad pakistan i didnt had hard time in adjusting bec i already knew how pak was and how things work over here . only prob was load shedding and hot weather but i got used to that as well. But when ever i go to karachi from islamabad , i find it very difficult to live there. i get sick within a few days , plus its very crowded , congested , law n order situation , punjabi/pathan/mohajar thing etc . Luckily isbd is very peaceful and people from all over pak live here together and live peacefully . Islamabad is the best city for overseas pakistanis.

Partly agreed but I had been to Peshwar and Islamabad 3 times, I saw things are improving despite so much terrorism.

Ab Karachi kay awam khud hi Karachi say Tang hay tu Bahir say aanay walay tu hungay hi tung.

Aap logoun ka point bhi valid hay...aisa mujhe air aur sahab nay bhi kaha tha udhar. It was over 40 degrees Celsius in Karachi and I did fall sick due to weather and air together with some issues relating to electricity and water. Woh sahab jinhoun nay mujhe mashwara diya unhoon nay bhi bola key Islamabad better jagah hay visitors keliye ache mausam ki waja say. Karachi tau khair mid-November say lay ker February tak he visit kia jasakta hay due to winter warna garmi may ab Karachi jaana mushkil hay in sab hungamoun aur crisis ke darmiyaan especially .

Waise bunda khud Islamabad aur Lahore donu cities may visit karchuka hay in July 2000. Islamabad may global companies ke locations bhi houn shayad issiliye wahaan aap ke career may bhi koi dent nahi padega settle hojane say since you can still work into a great company and grow. But trip karte waqt humein luga tha key Karachi may rehnewala bunda irrespective of his ethnicity Pakistan may kaheen aur nahi jakar settle hosakta, he simply gets used to it if he has spent so much time in the city of lights.

But phir bhi ye baat bhi hay key it's way more convenient to live in Islamabad and work with a moving / growing career. The reason is that its way cheaper to travel to Karachi from there in a domestic flight rather than flying to Karachi from any city of North America, Europe or Gulf nations. Gulf nations say tau phir bhi saal may 1,2 daafa travel karsakte hain......humare haan say tau :(

amoxil500mg

Senator (1k+ posts)
تھوڑی چھوڑا کرو یار کس بنیاد پر تم کینڈا اور سوئزر لینڈ کے علاوہ ساری دنیا کے ترقی پزیر ممالک کے معیار زندگی کو حرف تنقید بنا رہے ہو۔ لسٹ دا ڈیفرنس۔۔ معیارزندگی 100 فی صد لوگوں کا کسی بھی ملک میں ٹھیک نہیں ہو سکتا اب جیسا منہ ویسی چپھڑ ہو تو پھر کیا کہا جا سکتا ہے ۔
عموما بیرون ملک پلٹ پاکستانی، لمبی لمبی چھوڑتے ہیں، اور یہ باور کراتے ہیں کہ وہ اعلیٰ معیاری زندگی گذار رہے ہیں، جبکہ ایسا نہیں ہے، میں نے دنیا کے کئی ممالک دیکھے ہیں۔ سوائے کینیڈا اور سوئزرلینڈ کے، کسی بھی ملک کے لوگوں کا معیار زندگی اتنا اعلیٰ نہیں ہے۔

humanity101

Buddy, thanks for the input. I told you that I had enjoyed there as well and Pakistan still holds and important spot in my heart .

And regarding problems, let me tell you something. At my workplace here I am the only Pakistani . Whenever I speak about going back to Pakistan because of some emotional or psychological stress then my Indian mates ask me with their shocked expressions that hey don't go there, why do you want to get into some mess? If any Canadian , American, Indian, French, German or Polish etc....have a negative impression about Pakistani society then we can talk to him and explain that Pakista
If you can notice then I have also talked about LG system and how it can benefit the nation. :)
Insha'Allah Brother may Allah guide us towards the right path and also give us the ability to do good for others. Btw don't every take the words of few rotten eggs to heart. You are an individual and what and how you think of life is more important. You should be the one making decisions of where to go and where to live. Indians mostly never go back to their country so I wouldn't take them seriously. Good Luck and May Allah give you success in life-Ameen.