need help for android phone..Thank you in advance.

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
Hi Bro,
As for your first part of the question, I am not sure if u want to use skype for voice calls, if that is the case I would say for get it.
Even on my 3G network here in Singapore voice calls over IP are not as smooth as they are on wifi.
For the skype in general one of my cousin used on his android phone and he is always online from there, we never voice chat but text chat.
For the second part of your question, there is hardware required to turn your android into oscilloscope.
You may read through following link. hope it helps
http://hackaday.com/2010/10/14/android-oscilloscope/

assalamoalikum.
need help for samsung android phone.
question is.... will skype work in pakistan (lol i m sure it will work but) which data package should i buy and from which provider?
plus any one got some idea how to use oscilloscope,though my bkground is software but wana learn some thing in Electronics.
looking forward for replys even from MQMrs.......matlab ka lia tafoo ko bhi insan khena perta ha.;)

littlemaster

Minister (2k+ posts)
;) yeh masla asey haal nahi hona hay Bhai aap computer say call kar liya karain.

Hi Bro,
As for your first part of the question, I am not sure if u want to use skype for voice calls, if that is the case I would say for get it.
Even on my 3G network here in Singapore voice calls over IP are not as smooth as they are on wifi.
For the skype in general one of my cousin used on his android phone and he is always online from there, we never voice chat but text chat.
For the second part of your question, there is hardware required to turn your android into oscilloscope.
You may read through following link. hope it helps
http://hackaday.com/2010/10/14/android-oscilloscope/

smaching answer....just a quick question
will voice work? though you mention chat is working.
plus i got oscilloscope but brother, but i dont have knowledge of waveform for the faulty and good components.
even i know that one can make use of sound card for oscilloacope but thats not problem Thanks Allah i got already today .just need wave forms comparison of good and faulty components.
brother your help and time very much appreciated.
jazakALLAH.

aasimnaveed

MPA (400+ posts)
i ahve used and installed on my brothers nikia c5 and tried it on edge and it was wroking ... skype in pakistan works and best on wifi ...

only voice calls not video calls n i think video calls are only for iphone right now ... but in pakistan voice calls are enough if quality is good :P

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
For the skyp question, again you got to try with the data rate available there. For the option of voice chat in skype, its easy download in your phone and see if u can see if the option of voice call is available, I am pretty sure it will be there. But as I said earlier data rate on mobile network is pretty disappointing there in Pakistan, so don't keep high hopes :( Someone already mentioned that Pakistan still achieved EDGE and far from 3G.
Why don't you try a prepaid card and just see how it works for u :)

For the second question : I can understand that your experience is in software and its pretty evident from your post :) Actually there is nothing like a wave form of faulty or good component. You need to understand that oscilloscope just gives the voltage level on y axis and the time on X axis. One should know that how the values of voltages on certain points of circuits. Unlike multi-meter, you can not just connect components to the oscilloscope and test. In case of oscilloscope you need to test it on active circuits(when power supply is there). The expected signal should be there.
The edge of Oscilloscope is that you can capture digital fast transitions of signals.
I will suggest that don't do any thing unless u r sure what u r doing :)

smaching answer....just a quick question
will voice work? though you mention chat is working.
plus i got oscilloscope but brother, but i dont have knowledge of waveform for the faulty and good components.
even i know that one can make use of sound card for oscilloacope but thats not problem Thanks Allah i got already today .just need wave forms comparison of good and faulty components.
brother your help and time very much appreciated.
jazakALLAH.

imm_arshad

MPA (400+ posts)
BTW i am using voip service in Singapore and I have mixed reviews for that, sometimes it works pretty fine but in case of network congesstion it really S*&(K :( I have once voice chat with my bro on yahoo in the moving bus.
There are some cheap voip services available.
You may try following if you wish to.
http://www.voipgain.com
http://www.voipmove.com
So u plan to call from skype to phone or to pc? If u can tell us the scenario I am sure there must be lots of IT gurus will suggest u better options :)

For the skyp question, again you got to try with the data rate available there. For the option of voice chat in skype, its easy download in your phone and see if u can see if the option of voice call is available, I am pretty sure it will be there. But as I said earlier data rate on mobile network is pretty disappointing there in Pakistan, so don't keep high hopes :( Someone already mentioned that Pakistan still achieved EDGE and far from 3G.
Why don't you try a prepaid card and just see how it works for u :)

For the second question : I can understand that your experience is in software and its pretty evident from your post :) Actually there is nothing like a wave form of faulty or good component. You need to understand that oscilloscope just gives the voltage level on y axis and the time on X axis. One should know that how the values of voltages on certain points of circuits. Unlike multi-meter, you can not just connect components to the oscilloscope and test. In case of oscilloscope you need to test it on active circuits(when power supply is there). The expected signal should be there.
The edge of Oscilloscope is that you can capture digital fast transitions of signals.
I will suggest that don't do any thing unless u r sure what u r doing :)