News Anchors between Breaks-Funny

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: News Acchors between Breaks-Funny

The "Bengali-mahela" is very pretty. Nice to hear hindi/urdu song from her. Does any one know approx how much %age of Bengalis can understand and speak hindi/urdu???? Here in new york, i have met with Nepalis who told me that majority of Nepal can understand and speak Hindi easily due to Bollywood movies.

Unicorn

Banned

The "Bengali-mahela" is very pretty. Nice to hear hindi/urdu song from her. Does any one know approx how much %age of Bengalis can understand and speak hindi/urdu???? Here in new york, i have met with Nepalis who told me that majority of Nepal can understand and speak Hindi easily due to Bollywood movies.

She is really pretty specially her facial expressions and smile. Most of them understand but speak in very broken Urdu/Hindi. At one time they were extremely opposed to it but not anymore now they realize that it opens up more opportunists. It is good if you don't impose on them. Most of them speak English as well.

desicad

She is really pretty specially her facial expressions and smile. Most of them understand but speak in very broken Urdu/Hindi. At one time they were extremely opposed to it but not anymore now they realize that it opens up more opportunists. It is good if you don't impose on them. Most of them speak English as well.
Doubt if they were ever opposed to Hindi........

Unicorn

Banned

Doubt if they were ever opposed to Hindi........

Doubt it!! its a fact. Only states accepted Hindi was Delhi, UP and Bihar rest of the states had demonstrations, in Tamil Naido, there were riots, in anger the mob took down signs that had English with Hindi signs. In ten days the idea of Making Hindi a national language was scraped they all agreed to accept English over Hindi.Even today you rarely see Hindi signs there its all in English or Tamil , Bengali, Malayalam etc. Now the situation is lot better for Hindi because its not imposed on them.

Last edited:

desicad

Doubt it!! its a fact. Only states accepted Hindi was Delhi, UP and Bihar rest of the states had demonstrations, in Tamil Naido, there were riots, in anger the mob took down signs that had English with Hindi signs. In ten days the idea of Making Hindi a national language was scraped they all agreed to accept English over Hindi.Even today you rarely see Hindi signs there its all in English or Tamil , Bengali, Malayalam etc. Now the situation is lot better for Hindi because its not imposed on them.
I agree Tamil Nadu, Kerala, but Hindi was never that big a problem in West Bengal......

moazzamniaz

Thanx. Do u know anything about Bangladesh ie how many Bangladeshis can understand and speak hindi/urdu???? I will definitely ask Bangladeshis here in new york about it next time.

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)

Historically ,the states of India which were under strong Muslim rule.Their people have no problem with Urdu/Hindi like UP ,MP,Bengal , Bihar ,Dehli,Kashmir ,Punjab,Haryana ,Gujrat ,Rajistan ,Maharastra and some more.On the other hand states where Muslims had weak influence ,their people didn't accept Urdu/Hindi as common language like Kerala ,AP,Tamil,karnataka.

Conclusion : Majority of Indians united and can communicate with each other in Urdu/Hindi because of Muslim rule ,and they should be thankful of that.Otherwise Indians have to use English for communication with each other.and this is the fact.I saw lots of south Indians ,when ever south Indians meet with Indians from different states,they can only talk in English.And believe me its so much embarrassing for Indians .As people from other countries ask them why you are talking in English with each other ,why do not you talk in your national language.

desicad

Thanx. Do u know anything about Bangladesh ie how many Bangladeshis can understand and speak hindi/urdu???? I will definitely ask Bangladeshis here in new york about it next time.
Most of the Bangladeshis can understand Hindi/Urdu to some extent even if they can't speak fluently......and they are also very fond of the Hindi movies.

Last edited:

sok

Senator (1k+ posts)
There is no country in the world with Hindi as a national language. While Tamil is the national language of Srilanka and Singapore

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Unicorn

Banned

Most of them can understand it is not very difficult because many words are same.

Unicorn

Banned

Historically ,the states of India which were under strong Muslim rule.Their people have no problem with Urdu/Hindi like UP ,MP,Bengal , Bihar ,Dehli,Kashmir ,Punjab,Haryana ,Gujrat ,Rajistan ,Maharastra and some more.On the other hand states where Muslims had weak influence ,their people didn't accept Urdu/Hindi as common language like Kerala ,AP,Tamil,karnataka.

Conclusion : Majority of Indians united and can communicate with each other in Urdu/Hindi because of Muslim rule ,and they should be thankful of that.Otherwise Indians have to use English for communication with each other.and this is the fact.I saw lots of south Indians ,when ever south Indians meet with Indians from different states,they can only talk in English.And believe me its so much embarrassing for Indians .As people from other countries ask them why you are talking in English with each other ,why do not you talk in your national language.

Majority can now but it was not the case before. In Punjab Urdu was accepted without much opposition. I know it was opposed in Sindh. Now in Indian Punjab most people do understand it but its not spoken. Official business is conducted in English/Punjabi ie a form will have English and Punjabi no Hindi.

Unicorn

Banned
There is no country in the world with Hindi as a national language. While Tamil is the national language of Srilanka and Singapore

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Sinhalese is the language of Sri Lanka. Tamil is the State language of Tamil Naido.

Unicorn

Banned
I believe the US state department has it incorrect when it says Sinhalese and Tamil are official languages the other two sites concur with what I wrote. The Sri Lankan tourisam site clearly states that Sinhalese is the only official launguage of Sri Lanka.

"Eventually, in 1956, despite efforts to conduct the two-language policy, the ruling coalition of the Parliament introduced the Official Language Bill of 1956, making the Sinhala the sole official language." This is from the tourism site of Sri Lanka the most credible among the three, Wikipedia also concurs the tourism site.

You are correct in saying that Tamil is also spoken their but it is not the official language.