None of the News channels covered PTI's dharna- Shame on media

BKKhan

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: Is Shah Mehmood qureshi's Jalsa more important than IK?

they know that if Imran Khan comes in powers.... they will not get the PLOTS, & MONEY which they are getting now..... sab munafiq hain

fido82

Senator (1k+ posts)

Dono banday ISI ky agent hain. Media bhi kia karee

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)
If MQM's JALSI can get LIVE coverage on EVERY news channel simultaneously then we are not being unfair when we ask same amount of coverage for an event such as this.
While MQM's JALSI was solely for politics and to 'launch' itself in Punjab, this dharna is for a national issue on which all parties agree in principle including MQM and PMLN, but they did not join due to unknown reasons.
Stop trying to malign PTI media cell, it has been collecting the shreds from the channels and uploading them as fast as possible. The total coverage from yesterday of all channels combined was almost 14 minutes, i bet if you combine all coverage of MQM's JALSI it will be hours, not minutes. Everyone knows MQM gets the most coverage, even a press conference gets LIVE coverage on all channels. Tell me, does MQM pay media millions for coverage? Or is it because of their terrorist cell that forces media?

That 'Jalsi' as you call it had twice as many people as this dharna but to avoid being petty here I will say Imrans step is much appreciated regardless of the outcome. Also today his speech and the speech of Mavi Memon and jawaid Hashmi were carried live by most media networks. Saw it on every channel. Certainly more than a 14 minutes.

So get a life and stop blaming MQM for your partys fault. MQM actually has a mandate of the people, people vote for it. PTI has nothing. Millions watch Altaf Hussains speech on TV and MQMs media cell goes out of its way to felicitate the media, hence the coverage. Your media cell is only good at crying at they dont get as much coverage as MQM. Fact is MQM is a far more important and bigger party than PTI.

The reason PML-N and MQM wernt there is beause they wernt invited, at least read your own leaders statements.

elipst

Minister (2k+ posts)

You people are only good at crying. The whole of Imran Khans speech was shown live by nearly all of the news networks, particularly by ARY News. And including Geo. All Shah Mehmoods jalsa recieved was a 2 minute spot on Geo.

All of you do realise that there is more going on in Pakistan then just your dharna?

Killthecorrupts

Senator (1k+ posts)

اس سے معلو م ہوا کہ فو ج کے ا شا ر ے پر کو ن نا چ ر ہا ہے۔ پہلے ایم کیو ا یم ا و ر ا ب شا ہ محمو د قر یشی، جس نے کل ایم کیو ا یم کی تعر یف کی تھی۔ میڈ یا بھی فو ج سے ہی ڈ ر تی ہے۔۔

msmirza007

MPA (400+ posts)
Talat hussein confession about media coverage for PTI

The tallat hussein just post on facebook,,,

Imran Khan's Dharna

by Syed Talat Hussain on Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 12:44pm

The dharna is over. To me it was not a bad show. In fact it did highlight the issue of drone attacks very effectively. I will call it successful. There are some of complaints about media. Some of these are genuine, others are emotional outbursts. Yet others are just illogical, and frankly, sad. Most of the media persons were there on the spot covering the event. I myself travelled with the caravan, stopping at every step of the way, recording my comments and different events. The journey was for six hours .The cameras and machines as indeed those managing them were all there for one and half days .The total event time was 36 hours, The issue of coverage and the impact of the dharna will be discussed comprehensively in my programme on Monday.

msmirza007

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Tallat hussein confession about media coverage for PTI

he always present a very balanced, nuetral and impressive analysis on all the issues including this dharna, this i swhat makes a journalist credible..

sngilani

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Media is not fair with Imran Khan. I remember media was more active with Iftikhar Chaudary's Pakistan de tour inspite of Mushraf's ban. You can understand the importance of it from the fact that today Imran's dharna is the most talked topic over internet, face book and twitter. Media has now realized their huge mistake.

ahmadalikhan

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Tallat hussein confession about media coverage for PTI

No doubt abt it, he is the best reporter/anchor................(I want to give clapping smiley, but where is it in new design)

----------------------

Found when doing edit..........................(clap) (clap) (clap) for Talat hussain

Last edited:

saeed khan

a237cdb64c4656699aa5f6c45b6f6e0d.jpg

This is the lady whose son you saw was beaten by police in a video on youtube

bb7f2edf2cf64e1d8d86cfbcb84c8921.jpg

a9a6cb71b1b3c53ff6c8a137b4afc201.jpg

I always wanted that Dr Shahid Masood work with Imran Khan and I am glad to see him with IK.
Javaid Hashmi and Marvi Memon has openly supported IK and many other politicians want to support IK but because of some problems..................

zardarifan

MPA (400+ posts)
News channel to bhai jis din Raymond davis ko release kiya tha Islamabad ki street per maujoud they, magar app key Imran Khan sahab us din wahan sey ghayab they, sirf baichara Hameed Gul wahan maujoud tha apney ail o ayal key saath, ab zahir hai news channel ko bhi pata hai is topi dramaey ka, her dimagh rakhney wala to apna waqt zaya nahi karta.

zardarifan

MPA (400+ posts)
a237cdb64c4656699aa5f6c45b6f6e0d.jpg

This is the lady whose son you saw was beaten by police in a video on youtube

bb7f2edf2cf64e1d8d86cfbcb84c8921.jpg

a9a6cb71b1b3c53ff6c8a137b4afc201.jpg

Baichari Mrs Janjua, kuch dinoun key baad Imran Khan Sahab ko dhonti huwi nazar aaey gi ghareeb.

Shahid Masood media ka sub sey bada MIR JAFFAR, Ab isey bhi to apney nayey channel key liyey maidan bana hai, is key pass bhi bus do hi turup key pattey hain, Zardari sahab key khilaf zaher uglo aur Imran sahab ki shan main qaseedey pardho, waisey agar aap logoun ki yadasht kamzor na ho to itna yad kar lijiyey ga key Dr Sahab ney Musharaf sahab ko na sirf join kiya tha, bulkey unkey bader khas mautaqid bhi bun gayey they, phir jub Janab Zardari sahab ney un ko un ki ghadari ka iman diya to yeh apni asliyat per utar aaey, waisey sarey hi namak haram Imran Khan key ird gird jama honey shrou ho gayey hain, is ka bada saaf matlab hai,

zardarifan

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Talat hussein confession about media coverage for PTI

Talat is the best....

Abhi Talat sirf ek baar pooch ley Imran Sahab, aaj kul establishment key saath kiya chul raha hai, phir aap tamam hazrat deikhiyey ga, kaisey Talat ki mutti paleed kartey aap loug.

saeed khan

Media has realised that not giving coverage to dharna was their huge mistake because brave people and politicians gave dharna on a spot where any other politician never ever went just for a favour to the people of KP and people who could not attend were desperate to view it but media disappointed Pakistanis all over the world.

doctor

Citizen
Ye MQM ka event thori tha jo media isko cover karta. But one thing is clear, media will never succeed in make mqm a national political party.