Orya Maqbool Jan's exclusive Interview with Siasat.pk - What would you like to Ask from Him??

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hindustan mein Mughlia daur-e-hukoomat mein kon konsi bari university banayee gayee?

Kon kon say topics mein research ka kaam hua aur 5-6 ahm kitabon ka naam bataeyin jo us waqt science ke dunya mein jiddat ke nishaani theen?

4 ya 5 hindustani sciencedaano ka naam bataeiyn jinhon nay Al-Beruni, Al-Farabi, Ibne-Sina, Ibne-Rushd waghera k paye ka kaam kiya ho jisko mughal daur ke taleemi policyion ka shahkar samjha jata ho.?

OMJ ky baqol hindustan mein taleem aam thee aur angrezon ny aa ker iska beira gharq kiya. Ager log itnay he taleem-yafta thay tu croron ke taadad mein hindustani chand angrez tajiron k ghulam kaisay ban gaye? Africa mein bhe East India Company ny kayee mulk fateh keaye. Hindustan aur Africa mein kiya farq hua ager dono he asani say angrez k agay ghutnay taik gaye?

Last edited:

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Hindustan mein Mughlia daur-e-hukoomat mein kon konsi bari university banayee gayee?

Kon kon say topics mein research ka kaam hua aur 5-6 ahm kitabon ka naam bataeyin jo us waqt science ke dunya mein jiddat ke nishaani theen?

4 ya 5 hindustani sciencedaano ka naam bataeiyn jinhon nay Al-Beruni, Al-Farabi, Ibne-Sina, Ibne-Rushd waghera k paye ka kaam kiya ho mughal daur ke taleem-yafta daur mein?

OMJ ky baqol hindustan mein taleem aam thee aur angrezon ny aa ker iska beira gharq kiya. Ager og itnay he taleem-yafta thay tu croron ke taadad chand angrez tajiron ka ghulam kaisay ban gaye?

Though OMJ might answer these questions which you’ve raised, provided if they are presented to him at the interview stage, but I would like to make my observation here. My feeling is based on my limited work which I conducted back in 2002-03 on the impact of Muslim civilization in Indian subcontinent before being subjugated from the colonial forces of the Europe.

Indian citizens (Including Muslims as well) in Delhi sultanate and the subsequent periods of monarchies were very well versed in Persian and Arabic literature, religious education and some branches of natural sciences such as mathematics and astronomy but no doubt that level of education remained to the level of basic understanding and comprehension not extended to the advanced breakthroughs and innovations with the likes of Western states of that era.

It can be compared with an example of Malaysian literacy rate of 93.1% according to the UNICEF stats of 2012 which by any standards is not that bad when it is compared with the so called leader of Muslim world Pakistan. Now we rarely see a scientific breakthrough from Malaysian region or any other major advancement in any other subject areas despite of relevant peace, economic prosperity and good indicators of human development that state is enjoying for many years now, as compared to other conflict ridden Muslim dominant states of the current world.

Being reasonably educated is quite different with extraordinary capability to flourish in specific subject areas of natural sciences. Muslim civilizations as a whole being suffered from scientific slumber after the sack of Baghdad in 1258 CE there’s no question about it. It’s reasons are yet to be investigated thoroughly by different experts of academic fields to make this intriguing matter more obvious for the discerning and concerned individuals.

Last edited:

awan4ever

Though OMJ might answer these questions which you’ve raised, provided if they are presented to him at the interview stage, but I would like to make my observation here. My feeling is based on my limited work which I conducted back in 2002-03 on the impact of Muslim civilization in Indian subcontinent before being subjugated from the colonial forces of the Europe.

Indian citizens (Including Muslims as well) in Delhi sultanate and the subsequent periods of monarchies were very well versed in Persian and Arabic literature, religious education and some branches of natural sciences such as mathematics and astronomy but no doubt that level of education remained to the level of basic understanding and comprehension not extended to the advanced breakthroughs and innovations with the likes of Western states of that era.

It can be compared with an example of Malaysian literacy rate of 93.1% according to the UNICEF stats of 2012 which by any standards is not that bad when it is compared with the so called leader of Muslim world Pakistan. Now we rarely see a scientific breakthrough from Malaysian region or any other major advancement in any other subject areas despite of relevant peace, economic prosperity and good indicators of human development that state is enjoying for many years now, as compared to other conflict ridden Muslim dominant states of the current world.

Being reasonably educated is quite different with extraordinarily capability to flourish in specific subject areas of natural sciences. Muslim civilizations as a whole being suffered from scientific slumber after the sack of Baghdad in 1258 CE there’s no question about it. It’s reasons are yet to be investigated thoroughly by different experts of academic fields to make this intriguing matter more obvious for the discerning and concerned individuals.

Thank you for this post and increasing my knowledge on the subject.
I do not disagree with OMJ when he says that people were educated but like you pointed out there wasnt any real emphasis on utilizing education for a higher national purpose. Everyone was educated enough to manage their personal affairs. When the East India company turned up with its cannons and guns the "great empire" could not put up much of a resistance. What the Goras did later is what any conqueror would do to keep such a huge population under its hegemony.

I personally believe that one of the main reasons why Muslims have suffered in science and general pursuit of knowledge since the fall of Baghdad is that we did not allow people to think with an open mind after that. We educated people but didnt let them run wild with their imaginations. Some of the great "Muslim" scientist of that time were most likely heretics or alteast said some very inflammatory and heretical stuff but they were given space.

The US has taken that approach with attracting learned men from all over the world. They can say whatever they want, think whatever they want and will still get funds for research no matter. But thats just a thought. I could be wrong.

sewlix

MPA (400+ posts)
Q.Kindly INN sy POUCHEN k in ka apna BETA to LUMS mai perhta ha lekin ye MADRASSA and ANGREZ k bohat khilaf hain waisy and modern education k bhi(It Looks So)
ye double standards nai

In k beta Lums mai perhta ha IS KA PROOF HA MERY PASS I CAN PROVIDE>>>\

Haider Ali
Lahore

sadani

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Orya Maqbool Jan's exclusive Interview with Siasat.pk - What would you like to Ask Him??

You yourself have been part of this "system" * due to your civil job * , but you portray this system as unislamic.... isn't it contradiction ?

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Re: Orya Maqbool Jan's exclusive Interview with Siasat.pk - What would you like to Ask Him??

Orya sahab if we look into the current state of affairs of almost every so called Muslim dominant states then we could see that either their powerful establishments use the extreme version of Islam for gaining political exigency, legitimacy for their totalitarian grip on rule and gaining other geo-political benefits across the region as well as within their respective boundaries.

The Muslim clergy as well for over four to five centuries have stopped to produce innovative thoughts and interpretations of the Divine word of God that it has almost regressed and receded to the shells of Taqlid and stagnation. With such situation along with the sectarian frame of mind of such clergy is it going to be possible to use Islam as a state policy in the running of its affairs especially domestic and foreign policies with varied supporters of Islamic school of thoughts?

Should secularism not be followed and implemented as state policy until and unless the Muslim dominant states got the personalities (at least to some degree) who should have the moral upright characters like the incumbents of Rashidun Caliphate used to possess?

You like many other idealists talk about the revival of Islamic polity around the world to follow the glorious principles and values of Quran and Sunnah and yet in the words of people like the late Muhammad Asad and his like minded ilk, the Muslim masses and their rulers just follow the values of Islam superficially and in reality are predominantly over influenced with the values and secular principles of Western civilization. So in this case, if its a true statement according to your opinion, is it not best advised to change the overwhelming mindset of such vast number of Muslims around the world through education and providing them the sort of ideal circumstances to think about the profound values of Islam before resorting to the use of power to implement Shariah in Muslim dominant states?

Another question is related with the method of governance of state. Do you consider Democracy, along with its different versions, to be the best possible form of governance? If not then which model of governance and administration will you like to see in the future ideal Muslim state if the favorable circumstances permit this eventuality?

Youre a very decent writer yourself who used to write beautifully for TV productions, I just need to know that why youve stopped writing for TV and in near future will we be able to see your creative pieces once again on TV, Radio, Cinema or Theatre in dramatic / fictional forms?

Which foreign and local author, philosopher or religious ideologue is your source of inspiration and admiration?

Your views about following personalities will be pretty much appreciated;

Imam Al Ghazali

Allama Iqbal

Friedrich Nietzsche

Immanuel Kant

Aristotle & Plato

اردو میں بتاؤ یار .... یا کم از کم انگلش میں ہی بتا دو

کچھ تو ہمارے پر رحم کیا کرو ;)

Whenever i read his column, i found him that he always blames WEST for Pakistans problem, Why it is like this.

انکھیں اللہ نے دی ہیں اورعقل وشعوربھی ہے پھر غو کرو میرے بھا وہ ایسا کیوں کہتا ہے

Afaq Chaudhry

اوریہ مقبول !!!! سب سوالوں کا ایک جواب

کی محمّد سے وفا تم نے تو ہم تیرے ہیں
یہ جہاں کیا چیز ہے لوح و قلم تیرے ہیں

تبدیلی آئے گی تو لوگوں کے اٹھنے سے آئے گی، ورنہ سونے والوں کو کوئی نہیں جگائے گا

خدا نے آج تک اس قوم کی حالت نہیں بدلی
نہ ہو خیال جس کو اپنی حالت بدلنے کا

Bret Hawk

Senator (1k+ posts)

اردو میں بتاؤ یار .... یا کم از کم انگلش میں ہی بتا دو

کچھ تو ہمارے پر رحم کیا کرو ;)

Raaz payee (Mathematics ala Payee naye) rain deyo hun. Ager Canada ich rah kay tuwano Angreji naye andi tay saday jaye jahil tay na-makool insaan jeray Pakistan ich khajal kharab ho raye nay tay fir Tifl-e-maktab we naye samjhay ja sakday Angreji ich. Na makhul kareya karo ghreban nal. :(

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

Raaz payee (Mathematics ala Payee naye) rain deyo hun. Ager Canada ich rah kay tuwano Angreji naye andi tay saday jaye jahil tay na-makool insaan jeray Pakistan ich khajal kharab ho raye nay tay fir Tifl-e-maktab we naye samjhay ja sakday Angreji ich. Na makhul kareya karo ghreban nal. :(

او یار ، آپ کے پاس لکھنے کی ایک خدا داد صلاحیت ہے
میں بھی ڈکشنری کھول لیتا ہوں

لیکن ہمارے عام آدمی کی آسانی کے لئے کچھ کرنا پڑے گا

میں نے بھی اردو اسی مقصد سے لکھنی شروع کی تھی

آپ کے اتنے اچھے خیالات اگ صرف چند لوگوں کو سمجھ آئیں تو یہ ٹیلینٹ کا ذیا ہے

Bangash

Whenever i read his column, i found him that he always blames WEST for Pakistans problem, Why it is like this.

کیونکہ پاکستان میں ایسے جانور بہت ہیں جو مفت کے ڈالر ریال کھانے کے شوقین ہیں

Aam_Admi

MPA (400+ posts)
آپ اپنے کالموں اکثر اولیا اللہ کا بہت ذکر کرتے کرتے ہیں اور اس سلسلے میں بہت ساری پیش گوئیاں بھی بیان کرتے ہیں لیکن بعض اوقات یہ پیش گوئیاں غلط ثابت ہوتی ہیں جیسا کہ آپ نے تمام اسلامی ممالک کے ایک قیادت کے تحت یکجا ہو نے کی پیش گوئی کی تھی دوسری بات یہ دریافت کر نا تھی کہ ان حضرات اولیاء اللہ میں سے کسی کے ساتھ اگر ہم ملاقات کرنا چاہیں تو کیا یہ ممکن ہے اور کیسے؟

Last edited:

uetian

Senator (1k+ posts)

میں نے بھی اردو اسی مقصد سے لکھنی شروع کی تھی

راز بھائی، جب میں آٹھویں جماعت میں تھا تو بورڈ کے امتحانات سے فارغ ہو کر گھر آ کر میں نے اعلان کر دیا کہ میں میٹرک میں آرٹس پڑھوں گا، تا کہ میں یونیورسٹی جا کر جغرافیہ اور تاریخ میں سپیشلائزیشن کر سکوں
لیکن سب بڑوں نے مل کر ایسی چھترول کی کہ اگلے دس سال تک افاقہ رہا اور ہدایات کے عین مطابق کبھی دیسی لغویات(مثلاٌ ناول) تک کو ہاتھ نھیں لگایا

اس فورم پرآ کر تقریباٌ تیرہ سال بعد اردو لکھنا، ٹائپ کرنا شروع کی ہے

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم

اوریہ مقبول !!!! سب سوالوں کا ایک جواب

کی محمّد سے وفا تم نے تو ہم تیرے ہیں
یہ جہاں کیا چیز ہے لوح و قلم تیرے ہیں

تبدیلی آئے گی تو لوگوں کے اٹھنے سے آئے گی، ورنہ سونے والوں کو کوئی نہیں جگائے گا

خدا نے آج تک اس قوم کی حالت نہیں بدلی
نہ ہو خیال جس کو اپنی حالت بدلنے کا

چوہدری تو نے دو بڑھکیں مار لیں ہیں

اب سو جا

تیرے جیسے ملنگ یہی کر سکتے ہیں زیادہ سے زیادہ

United4Pak

Minister (2k+ posts)
@Adeel

Two questions from my side:

1. We have seen a picture of Orya Maqbool Jan standing like a slave (more or less like prayer style) in front of a lady Foreign Secretary of US. Were you giving this respect to her or her status?

2. What do you think is the best and fair solution of Karachi's problem leaving politics aside and why we are unable to resolve the issue even after using force in Karachi?

Basit147

MPA (400+ posts)
please ZAID HAMID ke bare mein clarification kar deen aur aap media k aadmi hain kia is liye aap ziada baghabar hoon ge ye sara zia shahid ka banaya hua scandal tha ya is mein kuch sachaai thi

kia wadeeraizm se chutkara mumkin hai

sheikh imran hossain ke bare mein bhi zara bata deen kia un ka nukta nazar sahi hai