PTI chances in Karachi?

TONIC

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
he he heh he... more trun out in Karachi more votes for MQM!

Bhai kwab daikhtay rahoo us kee keemat naheen dayna hotee.....par aik baat kahon ga.....MQM ayee to Karachi kay loog phir boori band lashain uthanay kay liay tayar ho jayeen.

Corrupt

Senator (1k+ posts)
I need arif alvi's email address
koi dai sakta hai... want to share something related to karachi..

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
Karachi atm is firmly in the grasp of the terror of MQM. If army is deployed at polling stations in Karachi to deter the ballot-box stuffing done by Muttehda's Ghundas and Badmashs only then can a real contest take place. PTI has the potential of getting around 6 seats from the city but realistically speaking it has the chances of getting only one (NA-250). Voter turnout however matters as most of the literate population in DHA, Clifton, Gulberg and PECHS doesn't even vote.

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am speaking to lot of people from karachi nowdays

they are saying that they have told their families to go and vote for PTI quietly but smile if MQM part workers rally and flags are around the area of the town.

some friends told me in past they never voted in karachi but somehow magically there vote gets counted automatically. this time they said they will go personally to vote for pti. also a reality on mqm, when mqm jalsa is about to happen, there party workers come and give cards to residents. then the residents have to submit the cards at the jalsa to confirm the attendance or else it won't be good for them

dil se koi bhi mqm ke saat nahin, sirf khauf ka saat hain for majority of the people.

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
Speaking from the results of the last elections and @farooqak's post...rigging is rampant in Karachi...Karachi might have the only constituencies in Pakistan in which nearly all winning candidates have more than 1 lac votes in their favor...fishy.....so army is a must for every polling station in the city if free-and-fair elections are to be held...otherwise these MQM terrorists will come into power again and suck on the blood of innocent Karachiites...

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
Karachi has a registered vote bank of 7.1 million!!! WITH 20 NA constituencies !!! NA239 TO NA258
Problem is that there are two forces MQM and ANTI MQM
JI has been the only contender against MQM that has wrested these valuable seats from MQM in the past. It still has a very strong party structure and presence in many constituencies of Karachi.
JI has not been able to deliver to the Karachites what MQM has delivered.
You maybe surprised to know that now a days there is hardly any load shedding in certain areas of Karachi where bill recovery is strong. For example PECHS has less than three hours or less of load shedding and defense etc has even less!!!
MQM has religiously looked after its workers and "Nazriatee Sathees" by giving them jobs in education, municipal corporations, KESC, KPT etc etc, set up Chippa welfare foundation which has followed in the foot steps of Silani Welfare to provide two square meals "usually chicken qorma" to the poor on road side "dastar khuwans"
They also have given their faithfuls with plots carved up from large government amenity plots through out Karachi at throw away prices.

On top of all this they have network of "Nazriatee Sathees" who act as polling officers in majority of the polling stations and in collusion with the sector offices carry out massive rigging come election day.
JI and PML-N has accused them in the past of murdering not only their workers but also their candidates!!!
If army personal are not inside the polling stations then this is going to happen again!!!

PTI should also have pathan brothers contesting from areas with Pathan vote banks

To cut the story short PTI has to do seat adjustment with JI otherwise they will endup dividing their vote banks.
If turnover increases dramatically and safe, fair and free polling in held then only PTI has chance of winning 5-10 seats.

MQM is in no mood to concede a single seat come what may and is already crying foul and shouting over the mountain tops!!

Last edited:

janbazali

If Army is deployed in Karachi, than influence of MQM would still be same??

I think if people feels secure it could be more than 7 seats in Krc

Hamood Ur-Rahman

Councller (250+ posts)
Army Army Army Army Army!!..

Jab that racist nawaz sharif was conducting operation against MQM, Army trucks were rolling on roads, curfew was imposed, EVEN THEN Muttahida Qaumi Movement :alhamd: clean-sweeped the elections !!...

MQM runs in our blood!!... trust me .....you guys can keep on repeating gun-point, terrorists, target killers, like a parrot . .

some of you are pointing towards voter turnout ... i guess Karachi usually has more voter-turnout than punjab, (correct me if i am wrong). . .

And to those who are flying in air because of Karachi jalsa , that was just the pukhtoons , let me tell you one thing , Altaf Hussain can bring out whole karachi on streets on one appeal!!... In fact did u forget the Women empowerment Jalsa MQM did...it broke world records.. that's just the female voters of MQM!!..

Fact remains there!!... MQM runs in our blood!!.. (even Imran Khan has realized this :P, hez not wasting much energy on Karachi)...

mrk123

PTI chances from Karachi are Nil repeat Nil. We know only MQM despite all allegations against it, whether true or false, can best defend interests of Karachi. No one else can be trusted and People of Karachi have enough sense to understand that. In past Karachi wrongly voted for JI for a long time but never got anything except for Jamiat Talaba Terrorism from Karachi University to ordinary Mahallah streets. However, MQM may in its own wisdom have an alliance with the PTI and we would see the sincerity and effectiveness of PTI if and when they govern. As it is said " we will see when moon rises ". NO to a direct vote to PTI but YES for an alliance of MQM with the PTI.

Karachi waloon nay bari mushkil say aik balaa, JI, say jaan churraee tu dosree balaa, MQM, usskay sir laga di gaee. Aur ab tu aik bari balaa, MQM, kay saath saath chotee balaain bhi lagee hoee hain jaisay MQMh, ANP, Amn Comittee, SSP, ST, LeJ etc.

The only solution to Karachi's problems and issues is establishment of real rule of law, accountability for all the killings across the board without any discrimination, deweaponization and above all bringing Karachi back into mainstream national politics and out of regional/ethnic/sectarian politics.

molson4u

Senator (1k+ posts)
Election Results Prediction for 2013 as of April 22nd, 2013

Total seats in the NA 272 electable and 70 seats women & Minority

PLM-N 92-100 seats
PTI 30-40 seats
MQM 10-12 seats
JUI 06-08 seats
PPP 30-40 seats
PML-Q 05-07 seats
PML-F 06-08 seats
ANP 04-05 seats
MQM-H 01-02 seats
FATA 12-12 seats
FEDERAL 02-02 seats
INDEPENDANTs- 20-30 seats

272 ELECTABLE SEATS, this is with += margin of 3
PTI has no seat in Sindh. 30 seats from KPK and 10 seats from Punjab.

Last edited:

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Election Results Prediction for 2013 as of April 22nd, 2013

Total seats in the NA 272 electable and 70 seats women & Minority

PLM-N 92-100 seats
PTI 30-40 seats
MQM 10-12 seats
JUI 06-08 seats
PPP 30-40 seats
PML-Q 05-07 seats
PML-F 06-08 seats
ANP 04-05 seats
MQM-H 01-02 seats
FATA 12-12 seats
FEDERAL 02-02 seats
INDEPENDANTs- 20-30 seats

272 ELECTABLE SEATS, this is with += margin of 3
PTI has no seat in Sindh. 30 seats from KPK and 10 seats from Punjab.

ye kya nonsense result hai...did you have a nightmare?

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
for the voters of karachi, i remember benazir bhutto and general babar doing a homicide run against the urdu speaking youth in early 90s. when mqm won from karachi in 2008, your party leaders made alliance with ppp. the same party responsible for the killing of your youth

if you prefer to live without respect and dignity, go ahead and vote for mqm

mqm is a unique party, first they kill anyone who says something against them and then they go to the same person's janazah to offer condolence.

i fail to understand why these educated lot are so reluctant to free themselves from gangsters.

if mqmq continue to win from karachi, they may do alliance with nawaz sharif this time. nothing will change for all of you. you will continue to kill pathans (ANP) and Sindhis (PPP) and they will kill you

Wake up before its too late

Respect

If u take out pre poll rigging and gangs influence than I think PTI will sweep, the people of Karachi want a Change as well, whether they get it or not time will tell.