Raising funds for free cancer treatment for needy people in Pakistan at Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospit

badrinath

MPA (400+ posts)
Dear all fellow members, :)

I am raising funds for free cancer treatment of needy people in Pakistan because I have chosen Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital Charity as a part of EMA (European Commission's) fundraising program.

Fundraising page: http://www.justgiving.com/EMA-ThirdWorld-CancerApeal (please take a moment to have a look)

EMA team involved in this effort:
http://www.justgiving.com/teams/EMA-IKCancerAppeal

Our target is to generate as much funds as possible to help the poor hopeless cancer patients in Pakistan and highlight this great cause on a bigger level in Europe. All donations will go straight away to Shaukat Khanum Memorial Hospital through secure & reliable JustGiving website (registered UK charities).

I hope that members here will support this effort by making generous donations and/or paying zakat (visit above link). Our donations can help in saving someone's life.

Let me know if you have any question.

JazakALLAH Khair!

[Will appreciate if you can tweet or share above link on your Facebook]

1250771780.jpg

Last edited:

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Collect money from people , who r around u...

U r doing good job , but no one here know u..

We also pay to SK but directly....

Regards.

badrinath

MPA (400+ posts)
Why should we pay you instead of paying directly to SKMH???? You are not even showing your real name...

Valid question.

First of all, you are not paying me brother. So simple answer is: pay directly to SKMH :)

This fundraising event is not just for Pakistanis. I am also introducing SKMH to my friends & colleagues around Europe. I hope it makes more sense now.

chanji

MPA (400+ posts)
Valid question.

First of all, you are not paying me brother. So simple answer is: pay directly to SKMH :)

This fundraising event is not just for Pakistanis. I am also introducing SKMH to my friends & colleagues around Europe. I hope it makes more sense now.

Thanks for the clarification. Since there is a huge risk involved whenever we talk about any online financial transaction, one has to be skeptical. However, if direct donations to SKMH are tax deductible in UK, I would recommend it rather than indirectly (if tax impact is a consideration for a donor) unless there is a matching donation by any sponsor, for instance some big corporations like CISCO, Google etc give matching contributions for the volunteer efforts of its employees.
Further, giving direct links to SKMH website would give a lot more information about the Hospital and its operations. Just my suggestion!

badrinath

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks for the clarification. Since there is a huge risk involved whenever we talk about any online financial transaction, one has to be skeptical. However, if direct donations to SKMH are tax deductible in UK, I would recommend it rather than indirectly (if tax impact is a consideration for a donor) unless there is a matching donation by any sponsor, for instance some big corporations like CISCO, Google etc give matching contributions for the volunteer efforts of its employees.
Further, giving direct links to SKMH website would give a lot more information about the Hospital and its operations. Just my suggestion!

No problem at all dude :)

(I have also added a link to my EMA team page who is involved in this effort)

I am not sure if people here are familiar with JustGiving. In UK, many registered charities (including Imran Khan Cancer Appeal) works with JustGiving to help volunteers raise funds in a secure and reliable way. Anyone can setup a page and link his/her page to the registered charity. Any donations made (plus the Gift Aid - for UK tax payers) will go STRAIGHT to the charity organisation. You can also setup your own page, do something creative and raise the funds for any charity you trust (why don't give it a try?).

Don't understand why would there be any kind of financial risk involved here given that you know how JustGiving.com works.

P.S. very first line on my JustGiving page has the link to SKMH ;)