Remembering The National Hero- Rashid Minhas

Ghost Rider

Citizen
Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed - Nishan-e-Haider

On August 20, 1971 Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas, a pilot still under training, was taxing out a T-33 Jet trainer for take-off. An instructor pilot from the same unit forced his way into the rear cockpit, seized control of the aircraft and having taken off, headed the aircraft towards India. With just 40 miles of Pakistan territory remaining, having failed to regain control of his aircraft, Minhas had only one course of action open to him to prevent his aircraft from being taken to India. Living up to the highest traditions of Pakistan Air Force, he valiantly forced his aircraft to crash at a point 32 miles from the Indian border. In doing so Pilot Officer Minhas deliberately made the supreme sacrifice of his life for the honour of Pakistan and the service to which he belonged. For this act of heroism above and beyond the call of duty, he was awarded the highest gallantry award of Nishan-i-Haider.

Last edited:

littlemaster

Minister (2k+ posts)
Re: Pilot Officer Rashid Minhas Shaheed - Nishan-e-Haider

a rah-e-huq ka shahido..........................
may we find agents and do the same as did by rashid.

hans

Banned

Can any one shed some light on how Instructor Pilot forced his way into the rear cockpit, seized control of the aircraft.. while the Aircraft was still on the Ground?

And why did Rashid Minhas chose not to abort or kill Engine right there. further no communication was relayed to the tower while the Aircraft taxied and took off. Apparently there are lot of black spots in the whole story. I think its time we open this case once more. Lets be brave and look for the facts..... unbiased facts.

To me it looks like a Can of Worms.

Last edited:

Unicorn

Banned
Do you really believe these stories? Our nation as a whole is emotional fool being made fool with false historical facts and different propaganda machines.... We just change our stance like changing our underwear with change in propaganda and stories from different sides...

Its a good tactic for brainwashing turning a plain crash story to achieve their goals.

A co-pilot knocks off the pilot, during this struggle plane does not crash. Now the co-pilot takes control of the plan and contacts the radio and declare his intention of defecting to India. Now the pilot regains consciousnesses and fights the co-pilot for control but this great pilot fails to regain control but as a result of his bravery the plane crashes. I wonder what kind of price the family of co-pilot paid for this story, whatever it is the family did for the country. Well done. (clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

H

hmaliks

Rashid Minhas is a national hero and as a nation we must remember those who gave their life to serve the country. If this brings a bad taste to Indians so be it.

Unicorn

Banned
Thank you for uploading the dramatization now it is comical [hilar][hilar].

In 1971 a Bengali " traitor" instructor drives his car right along side the runway, cuts him off [hilar]. The pilot never informs the tower of this [hilar].
Bengali opens the rear hatch by passes the first seat from the rear and attacks the pilot, in a aircraft which is designed for training and have no access to cockpit from the rear only from the top.[hilar].

What a way for a " Instructor pilot to defect".

This story kills two birds with one stone demonize Bangladeshis as traitors Indians sworn enemy.[hilar].

The creator of this story should be awarded two NISHANE_-E-HAIDER

I love it I have downloaded the dramatization for future entertainment. Siasat.pk is a GOLD MINE.(clap)[hilar]

Last edited:

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Can any one shed some light on how Instructor Pilot forced his way into the rear cockpit, seized control of the aircraft.. while the Aircraft was still on the Ground?

And why did Rashid Minhas chose not to abort or kill Engine right there. further no communication was relayed to the tower while the Aircraft taxied and took off. Apparently there are lot of black spots in the whole story. I think its time we open this case once more. Lets be brave and look for the facts..... unbiased facts.

To me it looks like a Can of Worms.

Mole can you shed some light from your country files how much money was traitor promised...