'Rogue' elements in ISI, army may have helped Osama: Musharraf

ganesh177

Citizen
'Rogue' elements in ISI, army may have helped Osama: Musharraf

Washington, May 11 (PTI)
Calling Pakistani intelligence's failure to detect Osama bin Laden's presence in Abbottabad a ''massive slip-up,'' ex-President Pervez Musharraf has admitted that ''rogue'' members of ISI and military may have helped the al-Qaeda chief hide in plain sight in the garrison city.
Musharraf, who lives in Britain in self-exile, said the "rogue" lower-level members of the powerful ISI and military might have known about bin Laden's location during the last year of his Presidency six years ago.

"It's really appalling that he was there and nobody knew. I'm certainly appalled that I didn't know and that intelligence people from that time onward didn't know for six years that he was inside.

"And there is no excuse for this great, massive slip-up. And an investigation is in order and people must be punished for this big lapse," Musharraf told ABC News.

As a policy, the army and ISI are fighting terrorism and extremism, including al-Qaeda and Taliban, he said. "But rogue element within is a possibility," he said.

According to the former President, there were three attachment commanders in Abbottabad in the past six years and he could not imagine all three knowing and harbouring bin Laden.

"The possibility as I said, at the lower level, somebody following a policy of his own and violating the policy from above, is a possibility," he was quoted as saying.

Regardless of who knew what, according to Musharraf, was the fact that the US raid was a possible violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and that there was never a deal struck during his tenure to allow the US to make a unilateral attack on Pakistan's soil if bin Laden was found.

While calling the al-Qaeda chief's six-year residence in Abbottabad a "big blunder" on the part of Pakistani intelligence, Musharraf warned the United States that if it continues to alienate Pakistan as it did in the bin Laden raid, the US will be the "loser."

"You want to alienate Pakistan, you will be a loser," he was quoted as saying.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/160600/rogue-elements-isi-army-may.html

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
The Biggest Rogue Element of Pakistan and its Army was & is Musharaf idiot himself

No body is listening and trusting him whatever he says....

He is the biggest Looser

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Post No 2
Source Decan Herald

Indian AH with Indian Media Concocted / Twisted News as Source
and you think we can not see what Indian agents are upto
FO, go get a life...

crankthskunk

The Biggest Rogue Element of Pakistan and its Army was & is Musharaf idiot himself

No body is listening and trusting him whatever he says....

He is the biggest Looser

Brother, may be nobody is listening to him in Pakistan. But this traitor has said it to the USA media. They are not only listening but now he has given them the biggest hammer to hit Pakistani Establishment and Government with. He has said, what had been the line of the West for years.

This bas***d has found an opportunity after this attack to project himself again in Pakistani politics, he is taking big advantage of it and appearing in different programs. He has lots of followers and chamcas in Pakistani media, specially those from Karachi like Badami and Jasmeen, etc.

It is so unfortunate we have so many thieves and traitors in Pakistani politics, they keep back stabbing their own country and its interest for their own personal agendas and gains, shame on all of them.

He is going to die as a dog, what he deserves, Inshallah.

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Its there on ABC news website.

I know but still I stick with my words. They are now partnering with american in the next american target that is Pakistan. Please read other news articles today, in one news paper it was published that the planning for 9/11 was master minded from the Abbotabbad house.

Last edited:

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
Brother, may be nobody is listening to him in Pakistan. But this traitor has said it to the USA media. They are not only listening but now he has given them the biggest hammer to hit Pakistani Establishment and Government with. He has said, what had been the line of the West for years.

This bas***d has found an opportunity after this attack to project himself again in Pakistani politics, he is taking big advantage of it and appearing in different programs. He has lots of followers and chamcas in Pakistani media, specially those from Karachi like Badami and Jasmeen, etc.

It is so unfortunate we have so many thieves and traitors in Pakistani politics, they keep back stabbing their own country and its interest for their own personal agendas and gains, shame on all of them.

He is going to die as a dog, what he deserves, Inshallah.

Brother agreed that US would listen anyone who is giving statement against Pakistan but would not listen to Alex Jonson and Webster Taplay.

But I am happy that US should come in conflict with Pakistan because in this way we might get rid off from these US bast*rds.

We are already dieing for nothing in an undeclared war, so why not get "Shahada" in a declared war with US or any other attacker..... So let US attack & then see

Bilal_Mushi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Of-course Indians are our enemies...........their media will not miss a chance to defame Pakistan............... What about our ex-chief?

I know but still I stick with my words. They are now partnering with american in the next american target that is Pakistan. Please read other news articles today, in one news paper it was published that the planning for 9/11 was master minded from the Abbotabbad house.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why is there so much confusion. Who is a traitor and who is not?
The first thing is the reality should come in front of the nation. That is the basic thing. Just the truth. No matter if we like the outcome or not. No matter if the army and isi knew or not. No matter if the government knew or not. The reality should come infront of the nation. Thats all we need. Incase we have made mistakes then yes we should solve those issues. And move forward. No one can do anything against us if we are not lying.
Lets move forward. This will not do any harm if there is a serious inquiry and people are found responsible. We should do it NOW before its late.

usm100

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lets not go to conspiracies. The only thing we need today is the truth and thats all. Once its infront of nation we will be better prepared to have a clear stand as a nation. I hope the army does not create issues like it has done whenever there is an inquiry for there wrong doings.
Brother agreed that US would listen anyone who is giving statement against Pakistan but would not listen to Alex Jonson and Webster Taplay.

But I am happy that US should come in conflict with Pakistan because in this way we might get rid off from these US bast*rds.

We are already dieing for nothing in an undeclared war, so why not get "Shahada" in a declared war with US or any other attacker..... So let US attack & then see

shamsheer

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bhai aap bhi siyasatdaan bun gaye ho............... you didn't comment about the ex-chief defaming Pakistan Army?

Yaar Bilal! I do not trust this part where Musharaf maligning Pakistan army. He has always been defending Army ISI throughout and I saw his recent interview after OBL death and he kept defending Pakistan armed forces and ISI. The media has the habbit of twisting things around in their favor. Musharaf might be the most rotten egg we have but I do not think he said what is mentioned in the news.

In any case, he is a matter of past, look at what Nawaz Badmash has said about army and ISI today, that has more weight than what ever Musharaf says. He is an idiot anyway.

FaisalKh

Why is he after Pakistan Army? This idiot is helping enemies to defame our Army.

Yaah he is an idiot and u know why he is saying like this ? because he wants to please americans and then he will come to power again. There used to be another idiot and stupid baba (Who claimed mush is his younger brother) here on this siasat.pk who was claiming to give his last drop of "valuable" blood to this stupid.... What a pity for that loser too....