Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan

Resilient

Minister (2k+ posts)

4012.jpg

Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan​

In a wide-ranging Guardian interview, the former prime minister say he understands anger The Satanic Verses created ‘but you can’t justify what happened’

Pakistan’s former prime minister Imran Khan has condemned the attack on Salman Rushdie, describing it as “terrible” and “sad”, and saying that while the anger of the Islamic world at Rushdie’s book The Satanic Verses was understandable, it could not justify the assault.

Khan also said he expected Afghan women to “assert their rights” in the face of Taliban restrictions in a Guardian interview in which he sought to moderate his reputation as a firebrand. He is fighting for his political survival after being ousted from office in April. Khan says his staff and followers are being persecuted and intimidated and he is battling eight-year-old charges of illicit campaign financing that could lead to him being banned from politics.

Ten years ago, Khan pulled out of an event in India because Rushdie would also be appearing and the two men exchanged insults, but Khan does not appear to have expressed support for violent action against the Indian-born author. His denunciation of the attack is striking, however, in a region where most politicians have ducked comment.

Asked for his response to the knife attack in New York state that left Rushdie badly wounded, Khan said: “I think it’s terrible, sad.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...from-civil-unrest-after-ousting-of-imran-khan
“Rushdie understood, because he came from a Muslim family. He knows the love, respect, reverence of a prophet that lives in our hearts. He knew that,” Khan said. “So the anger I understood, but you can’t justify what happened.”

sensible

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
کوی دنیا کا الزام چھوڑ دو جو عمران خان پر نہیں لگانا۔
عمران خان وہ شخص ہے جو اس تقریب میں نہیں گیا تھا جہاں یہ ملعون موجود تھا۔اس کا جواب عمران خان سے پوچھنے کی بجائے پاکستان کے وزیر اعظم کسی حکومت میں بیٹھی ہوئی حکومتی جماعتوں کے لیڈروں کا موقف نہیں پوچھا اس نے؟
کہ پاکستان کی حکومت کا اس پر کیا موقف ہے وہ ملے تو پوسٹ کرنا ضرور

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
He is wrong of it's his statement.

He is a pacifist to the core. I am not liking his pacifist approach at all.

Aliimran1

Thoug I am sure that this is a fake news​

Magar​

Agar TEHREEK -E- LABAIK aur MQM jaisi terrorist organizations ko Mazhabi jamatain aur Siasi jamatain tasleem Kia ja sakta hai —- tu —— phir kuch bhi mana ja sakta hai ?​

vicahmed99

Fuck you.......he never sat him on the stage and why would he need to condemn .... Chotiyee....i just this fake on twitter and you posted here ..........haram ki aulad

4012.jpg

Salman Rushdie attack was unjustifiable, says Pakistan’s Imran Khan​

In a wide-ranging Guardian interview, the former prime minister say he understands anger The Satanic Verses created ‘but you can’t justify what happened’

Pakistan’s former prime minister Imran Khan has condemned the attack on Salman Rushdie, describing it as “terrible” and “sad”, and saying that while the anger of the Islamic world at Rushdie’s book The Satanic Verses was understandable, it could not justify the assault.

Khan also said he expected Afghan women to “assert their rights” in the face of Taliban restrictions in a Guardian interview in which he sought to moderate his reputation as a firebrand. He is fighting for his political survival after being ousted from office in April. Khan says his staff and followers are being persecuted and intimidated and he is battling eight-year-old charges of illicit campaign financing that could lead to him being banned from politics.

Ten years ago, Khan pulled out of an event in India because Rushdie would also be appearing and the two men exchanged insults, but Khan does not appear to have expressed support for violent action against the Indian-born author. His denunciation of the attack is striking, however, in a region where most politicians have ducked comment.

Asked for his response to the knife attack in New York state that left Rushdie badly wounded, Khan said: “I think it’s terrible, sad.
“Rushdie understood, because he came from a Muslim family. He knows the love, respect, reverence of a prophet that lives in our hearts. He knew that,” Khan said. “So the anger I understood, but you can’t justify what happened.”

Geek

یہ بندہ قصہ پارینہ بن چکا تھا ، ۔۔ اس حملے نے اس دوبارہ توجہ کا مرکز بنا دیا ۔۔
اس کی کتاب ایک مرتبہ پھر بیسٹ سیلرز کی لسٹ میں ا گئی ۔ اس قتل کا امت کو فائدہ ہوا یا نقصان؟

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
If a foreign government is protecting the blasphemer, and Muslims have no other choice...
muslims commit blasphemy day in day out. Cheating, fraud, stealing....some of the filthiest folks are found in 'our' muslim community. rapists, sodomizer...and we think we have the right to take someone else to task for blasphemy?

DilDilPakistan0991

Councller (250+ posts)
Why does he always have to speak on controversial topics?

Pehlay hi itnay enemies bana liay hain is nai... he should use his brain before speaking.
Sachay banday ki nishani he haq baat har jaga krta he, tmhe adat nae he, tmhe meesnon ki adat he.

Dunya me bht leaders and people have been successful by being steadfast. Have gained respect as well. I have met multiple people abroad , ranging from european muslims to american christians saying good things about IK. And it is heartwarming. Makes you feel proud. And khan ka karz he yeh hampe. It was the first time in my life i heard good things from other people about my country and my PM. And it means alot.

Nawaz sharif ki kya respect/auqat he dunya me? Hanesha zaleel o ruswa kraya he aur hua he.

I understand the need to be diplomatic. But you don't have to be a cunning, slimy fox all the time. No one respects such a man or a nation.