Shereen Rehman denies the right of 4 Marriages by Islam

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
vtiorial said:
Shereen Rehman has denied the right of 4 marriages which has been given by islam to all muslim men

What Shereen Rahman meant is 'this is 21st century. throw away Qur'an'

she said: pakistani women have tashweesh. Women dont, she does. She should be flogged then hanged. I betyou anything some one will say soon that zakat/salat/sadaqah is not necessary in 21st century

Whats happening with Pakistan. Since when Shereen became qualified to issue fatwa??

I urge Samina Khawar to stay in the Punjab assembly.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
@Gazoomartian,
Bhai Jan!

Please quote that verse from Quran which gives blank permission to "Believers only", right to marry four ladies? I may say:

a) The verse should have been addressed to "Yahauyalzeena Aamanoo"(Oh Believers):

b) It may state that you are entitled to four marriages. Without any IFs. If there are
some IFs, what are they then. Pre-Marriage IFs. Not the projected post-marriage IFs.

Bhai Jan, You can take the help of your the most learned arabic scholar on board or on net, I will take on it. No hurry take your time for that. thanks.
"Those who hide which Allah has revealed are accursed".
waslaam.

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
babadeena said:
@Gazoomartian,
Bhai Jan!

Please quote that verse from Quran which gives blank permission to "Believers only", right to marry four ladies?

babadeena said:
b) It may state that you are entitled to four marriages. Without any IFs. If there are
some IFs, what are they then. Pre-Marriage IFs. Not the projected post-marriage IFs.

Has somebody on this forum said that it's a BLANK permission and without any IFs??? If YES, pls. quote. Thanks!

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
?????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ???? ???? ??????

???? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ????? "???? ???" ????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ??? ???

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
I think there are more cases of multiple marriages in the extremes of the societies. Mostly these are waderas, bureaucrats, politicians, and very rich people or the other extreme, the lowest class. In the middle class, people always avoid these situations because they think that if they could avoid this, they can manage other things very well. how many friends of ours do we know are from middle class and they have multiple wives. I know none of mine. But I know quite a few rich business man, high ranked professionals and people from lower class who have more than one wife.
Islam stops from multiple marriages on the condition of incapability of the husband to keep equality among his wives. Of course, it is a big concern, but we all know so many occasions of single marriage which are also equally unpleasant so why make an issue out of it. Why not start a counter-marriage campaign and refrain every one from marriage. After all, we have very good examples in the west very much compatible with our newly established Pakistani culture, which we are so proud to expose to our non-Pakistani friends that "we are no more conservative, we are so liberal to do everything you can do so freely here in the west."

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
abduttawwab said:
babadeena said:
@Gazoomartian,
Bhai Jan!

Please quote that verse from Quran which gives blank permission to "Believers only", right to marry four ladies?

babadeena said:

Has somebody on this forum said that it's a BLANK permission and without any IFs??? If YES, pls. quote. Thanks!

Please read the first post giving press clipping:
"Allah Tala has given permission to men(Mard) for Four marriage at a time", please show me if there are included any "IFs and Buts"." Since "on this Forum", the discussion is clipping and hence it is said.
Now please give me the verse(s) and Pre-marriage IFs and also post-marriage IFs.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Islam stops from multiple marriages on the condition of incapability of the husband to keep equality among his wives.

@ Tanveer bhai,

It is much more than. Unfortunately, our learned ones start or take it from the Tale rather than from the Head. They exactly project this condition and forget or intentionally forget and omit the pre-marriage condition. I wait until someone put the verse(s) on board then I will, inshallah, take on them. From my point of view the so-called MNA who recited the verse in the Assembly to get applause is "Jaheel".

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
babadeena said:
Islam stops from multiple marriages on the condition of incapability of the husband to keep equality among his wives.

@ Tanveer bhai,

It is much more than. Unfortunately, our learned ones start or take it from the Tale rather than from the Head. They exactly project this condition and forget or intentionally forget and omit the pre-marriage condition. I wait until someone put the verse(s) on board then I will, inshallah, take on them. From my point of view the so-called MNA who recited the verse in the Assembly to get applause is "Jaheel".

Surah Nisa 1-3
Translation by Pickthal (other translations also available on the same link)

1: O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you.

2: Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin.

3: And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.

I am sorry I don't know how to add the image of the page, still you can find on this link.

http://beta.globalquran.com/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kapadias

MPA (400+ posts)
abduttawwab said:
?????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ????? ???? ???? ??????

???? ?? ?????? ??? ????? ????? "???? ???" ????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???? ??? ???

THIS IS THE BEST OBJECTION. I THINK U POINTED VERY VERY CORRECT

gazoomartian

Tanweer.Amjad said:

;

There are certain members here who are full of negativities. I try not to reply to them.

We see nothing but objections, attacks, and reprisals from them. Those folks just think they have the answer to all the questions.

When I work in the US, I usually do Imamat because of my voice and public speech(Alhamdulillah) but only if the mosque is small and the local people
cannot afford a hired Imam,
Alhamdulillah I have the honour of leading prayers specially on Fridays.

Few times and at different places I have rendered khutba on polygamy and proven to the congregation without any doubt that 4-wives permission in
Islam is very real and is much needed in the world today with 52% of the population being females. New American Muslim brothers have surrounded me to appreciate and ask for more details.

I didnt mean to brag about it but sometimes you have to say it to make people think you are not stupid. Yousuf (a.s.) did the same when He (a.s.) needed to explain his ability and deendari
to the shah-e-waqt to obtain employment.

patriot

Minister (2k+ posts)
4:3
If you fear that you (the society) shall not be able to do justice with the orphans, (as may happen in times of war and political turbulence, the government shall announce a state of Emergency), then, in order to accommodate widows and orphans, men of sound finances and character shall be encouraged to marry these widows; two, three, and four (4:127). But, if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly, then, you must not take additional wives, and may continue with what you already have (4:129). This will be more suitable to prevent you from doing injustice and face financial hardship. [Second marriage during peace time is a frank violation of the Quran - note if you fear ]

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
1: O mankind! Be careful of your duty to your Lord Who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate and from them twain hath spread abroad a multitude of men and women. Be careful of your duty toward Allah in Whom ye(O mankind!) claim (your rights) of one another, and toward the wombs (that bare you). Lo! Allah hath been a watcher over you (O mankind).

2: (O mankind)Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin.

3: And(Then) if ye (O Mankind) fear that ye (O Mankind) will not deal fairly by the orphans[/size], marry of the women, who seem good to you (O mankind), two or three or four; and if ye fear that ye cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye (O mankind) will not do injustice.

I have put certain words in bracket and highlighted the conditional clause. Following points:
a) The verses in question are addressed to all mankind and when this is the case then everyone irrespective of his/her creed is included:

b) What about the highlighted words " will not deal fairly by the orphans", why the people are not talking about this when they speak about blank permission of marriage with four.
will continue later on!

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
in continuation of my previous post:

c) The verses' main theme is "Orphans, their Wealth". Please check the verses coming after the quoted verses.

d) The verse which contains partly granted permission to marry women upto four, starts with arabic words "fa" (Then), "Inn"(IF). It shows that the verse carries the
continuation from the previous verse which is:
"(O mankind)Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin."

e) Anyone can check that orphans wealth is in question.

So the scenario is that those people who are the owners of "orphans wealth and also guardian of orphans" are being reminded that if ye fear that ye are unable to deal fairly with orphans......... then you can marry the women one,two,three or four ladies which you like. The words "you like" are again conditional words. Things now become crystal clear:
do not marry orphans girls whose wealth is in your control if you do not like them as "girls" but wish to marry them just for sake of their wealth. Oh Folk! Be afraid of Allah, only those people can marry more than one women who are in this situation. The intentional omission of integral condition of "orphan" while taking for granting the right to marry four is nothing but total distortion of Quran and intentional hiding of Quran, such people are accursed by Allah.

Therefore that MNA who recited the verse and did not emphasis the importance of Orphan part/condition, is Jaheel and all those who project and take like this are "Jaheel".

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
babadeena said:

c) The verses' main theme is "Orphans, their Wealth". Please check the verses coming after the quoted verses.

d) The verse which contains partly granted permission to marry women upto four, starts with arabic words "fa" (Then), "Inn"(IF). It shows that the verse carries the
"(O mankind)Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin."

So the scenario is that those people who are the owners of "orphans wealth and also guardian of orphans" are being reminded that if ye fear that ye are unable to deal fairly with orphans......... then you can marry the women one,two,three or four ladies which you like. The words "you like" are again conditional words. Things now become crystal clear:
do not marry orphans girls whose wealth is in your control if you do not like them as "girls" but wish to marry them just for sake of their wealth. Oh Folk! Be afraid of Allah, only those people can marry more than one women who are in this situation. The intentional omission of integral condition of "orphan" while taking for granting the right to marry four is nothing but total distortion of Quran and intentional hiding of Quran, such people are accursed by Allah.

Therefore that MNA who recited the verse and did not emphasis the importance of Orphan part/condition, is Jaheel and all those who project and take like this are "Jaheel".

Subhan`Allah!

So what you are trying to say is, if someone wants to know the laws of polygamy in Islam, this verse of Quran is enough?

And similarly you believe that Translation of Quran is enough for those who want to derive other shariah laws? (and we don't need Tafseer, Hadeeth, Usoole-Fiqh etc) ?

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Subhan`Allah!

So what you are trying to say is, if someone wants to know the laws of polygamy in Islam, this verse of Quran is enough?

And similarly you believe that Translation of Quran is enough for those who want to derive other shariah laws? (and we don't need Tafseer, Hadeeth, Usoole-Fiqh etc) ?

When the strings have been pulled and roots have started shaking, these sort of argument (often repeated) pop up. Read it with open eyes these are not mine words. These are quranic words clearly written. I have yet to see a Alim, Mufti who should while talking and referring this verse for polygomy should and must mention "ORPHANS, THEIR WEALTH, LIKING AND DISLIKING" elements. These words are in Quranic text. Why people take and project them like this"

"Oh you believe, marry one, two, three and four women"

Such people are guilty of hiding Quranic text and accursed for that.

gazoomartian

abduttawwab said:
babadeena said:

Subhan`Allah!

Its good to know that some people open Qur'an for debates instead of taking as it came. Also, we have quiet a few muft key mufti's on this forum

There is no gunjaish of any bahas (debate) on whats said in the Qur'an and Hadeeth. Take it or leave it. If you dont like it, leave islam:

??? ????????? ??? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ????????? ???? ?????????? ????? ???????? ?????????????? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ??????????? ????????????? ??????????? ??? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??????? ???????

??? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ???? ??

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
babadeena said:
Subhan`Allah!

When the strings have been pulled and roots have started shaking, these sort of argument (often repeated) pop up. Read it with open eyes these are not mine words. These are quranic words clearly written. I have yet to see a Alim, Mufti who should while talking and referring this verse for polygomy should and must mention "ORPHANS, THEIR WEALTH, LIKING AND DISLIKING" elements. These words are in Quranic text. Why people take and project them like this"

"Oh you believe, marry one, two, three and four women"

Such people are guilty of hiding Quranic text and accursed for that.

You haven't answered my simple questions??

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
gazoomartian said:
abduttawwab said:
babadeena said:

Subhan`Allah!

Its good to know that some people open Qur'an for debates instead of taking as it came. Also, we have quiet a few muft key mufti's on this forum

There is no gunjaish of any bahas (debate) on whats said in the Qur'an and Hadeeth. Take it or leave it. If you dont like it, leave islam:

??? ????????? ??? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ????????? ???? ?????????? ????? ???????? ?????????????? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ??????????? ????????????? ??????????? ??? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??????? ???????

??? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ???? ??

Allah hee hafiz hooga for that Masjid where u claim to give Khutba!! Now what this verse has to do with the topic. Take my bet, you do not know abc of Quran, no offence, Ghazoobahi but u seem to be off-track, better concentrate on old songs, it is not your field and it is not going to be if your understanding and habit of quoting out of context verses will remain same. Please remember that next time in that mosque some young boy will stand before you in the presence of audience with mine above post and challenge your position on ill-projected polygomy.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)

What I am trying is to put the things into their real perspective. This Verse of Quran is the only Verse which specifically narrates about polygamy. Everything will start from this verse. Its being "enough" or not "enough" depend upon the person desiring to get the knowledge. However, I repeat again that it is the only verse in Quran which specifically narrates about polygamy. This verse is often quoted and distorted by those who make to defend the fantasies of having ladies and are not content with one.

And similarly you believe that Translation of Quran is enough for those who want to derive other shariah laws? (and we don't need Tafseer, Hadeeth, Usoole-Fiqh etc)

Quran is enough for Shariah Laws. Its "translation(s)" is/are to facilitate its understanding. I can give you an example of Surah Baqra Ayat 282 & 283. Only their implementation may fetch the disposal of almost 80 percent civil litigation in a society. Now this is such a simple matter and easy thing for which one does not need an encyclopaedia of other sources. Tafseer, Hadeeth, Usoole-Fiqah etc are "secondary things", albeit useful but are also controversial. If things can be settled through Quran, then no need to go to other source.

You haven't answered my simple questions
I hope u got answers. Now please be kind to inform what made you to ask above questions except that mine position is only based on Quran and its verses and their strict implementation on text. "No-omission-formula". Feel free to ask anything more.