Shereen Rehman denies the right of 4 Marriages by Islam

Zaidi Qasim

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
babadeena said:
please arrange a meeting with Mufti Sherri Rehman with me, will you please?
Muft key muftion se Allah samjhey
Although I am not here to defend her or her party or her views, but your feeling show
that "habits when turns into nature and specially at an advance stage do not change". Go through whole of thread what is your contribution there? Zero except useless sentences and out of context pasting. Allah may save us from Jaheels.

[quote:f8of0se5]Dear Babadeena, I have send you a PM, please respond to me at your earliest.

Not received yet in my inbox of the board. Of course will reply the moment it is received.
Such bolo!
Now u have resorted to cut-n-paste formula so the topic or subject may be drowned or side tracked.
???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ?? :
{ ??????????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ????????? ??? ?? ????? ????? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ? ?? ?? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ????? ? ???? ??? ????? ?????? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??? } ?????? ( 3 ) ?

Please be kind to put the arabic text also, so I may prove it here on the board that how much injustice has been done in the above translation. Is it your or anyone else?
Your start is questionable what else you then can prove?
Questions being discussed here are:
a) Did Islam has granted "blank permission" to each and every man to marry
uptil four?
b) What is the relevance and importance of "Orphans" in the ONLY VERSE of
quran where this implicit permission has been granted.

c) Is this implicit permission is tied up with "Orphan's treatment" If not, then what is reason to be in the Verse.

d) Is there any other Verse in Quran which also allows the marriage uptil four? Last time I checked there was NONE. Confirm or deny it please.
According to your "Camp" understanding and interpretation, anyone who is financially and physically sound can marry uptil four wives, and others are not? If So prove it?

Hope the interlocutors should be to the point, concise and without cut-n-past but of course with www link.[/quote:f8of0se5]

let me ask you a question for my own understanding after your post. I do not know what is your position would be in regard to this query verses the common understanding of the rest of the ullamas.

By looking at your point a and your point b, I see some sort of indirect inverse relevance among them. what is your interpretation is if we to assume that blank permission is granted to everyone to be able to marry more than one wife but to those who want to marry"orphan Girls" considering the wealth distribution and the fair treatment .

And what do you think about this idea that the blank permission is granted for polygamy in Islam and the point is not much discussed since the tradition was already in practice and had been in the culture for many years without any interferance of otherwise and the "orphan issue" was brought in to alienate the distinction among those who were already practicing it so the due consideration are given to the treatment, otherwise to a normal practice ?

And the third point is to the assumption that if this practice needed to be stopped than there had to be more than one verses would have been in the order instead of only one verse which is connected to the "orphans treatment" and could have been a very clear command to stop that practice which was wide spread.

Now, off course these are some of the concerns which are raised when we discuss this topic. By no means these are the only once, but they are more prevalent in curious minds. Allah knows it all.

Jazzak Ullah Khair.

gazoomartian

Zaidi Qasim said:
babadeena said:
Although I am not here to defend her or her party or her views, but your feeling show
that "habits when turns into nature and specially at an advance stage do not change". Go through whole of thread what is your contribution there? Zero except useless sentences and out of context pasting. Allah may save us from Jaheels.

[quote:2lk3ne6b]Dear Babadeena, I have send you a PM, please respond to me at your earliest.

Not received yet in my inbox of the board. Of course will reply the moment it is received.
Such bolo!
Now u have resorted to cut-n-paste formula so the topic or subject may be drowned or side tracked.
???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ?? :[quote:2lk3ne6b]

{ ??????????? ?? ???? ???? ?? ???? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ????? ???? ?????? ?? ?? ????????? ??? ?? ????? ????? ???? ???? ?? ?? ?? ???? ???? ? ?? ?? ? ??? ??? ? ??? ????? ? ???? ??? ????? ?????? ?????? ?? ?????? ?? ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???? ?? ?? ?????? ????? ?? ????? ? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??? } ?????? ( 3 ) ?

Please be kind to put the arabic text also, so I may prove it here on the board that how much injustice has been done in the above translation. Is it your or anyone else?
uptil four?

c) Is this implicit permission is tied up with "Orphan's treatment" If not, then what is reason to be in the Verse.

d) Is there any other Verse in Quran which also allows the marriage uptil four? Last time I checked there was NONE. Confirm or deny it please.
According to your "Camp" understanding and interpretation, anyone who is financially and physically sound can marry uptil four wives, and others are not? If So prove it?

Hope the interlocutors should be to the point, concise and without cut-n-past but of course with www link.[/quote:2lk3ne6b]

let me ask you a question for my own understanding after your post. I do not know what is your position would be in regard to this query verses the common understanding of the rest of the ullamas.

By looking at your point a and your point b, I see some sort of indirect inverse relevance among them. what is your interpretation is if we to assume that blank permission is granted to everyone to be able to marry more than one wife but to those who want to marry"orphan Girls" considering the wealth distribution and the fair treatment .

And what do you think about this idea that the blank permission is granted for polygamy in Islam and the point is not much discussed since the tradition was already in practice and had been in the culture for many years without any interferance of otherwise and the "orphan issue" was brought in to alienate the distinction among those who were already practicing it so the due consideration are given to the treatment, otherwise to a normal practice ?

And the third point is to the assumption that if this practice needed to be stopped than there had to be more than one verses would have been in the order instead of only one verse which is connected to the "orphans treatment" and could have been a very clear command to stop that practice which was wide spread.

Now, off course these are some of the concerns which are raised when we discuss this topic. By no means these are the only once, but they are more prevalent in curious minds. Allah knows it all.

Jazzak Ullah Khair.[/quote:2lk3ne6b]

yaar zaid, kahan dimagh khapa raehy hain aap.

marrying orphans for the sake of giving them social protection is an entirely different topic than having permission for 4 wives. I think this subject has gotten out of control...... like I said earlier: Muft key mufteon sey Allah samjhey

A

abbasiali

LOL

GM sahab, try to be in competition, or quit, its not out of control, but going very hi fi.

@babadeena my record is showing receipt of my PM a while ago, love to hear from you.

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)
babadeena said:
@babadeena
Since you dont consult other sources of deen to understand the meaning of Quran, how do you know that :
babadeena wrote:
a) he is the guardian of orphan girls and also holds their wealth in his control;
Remember the word '????????' is plural of '?????' and used for both genders
babadeena wrote:
b) his intention is to keep the wealth of orphans with him even at the
cost of marrying an orphan girl under his control although he did not like
orphan girl as "a lady, I mean her personality".
How do you know his intention? where was it mentioned in these verses?
What's the meaning of 'Fil Yatama'? You know its literal translation is 'in the (matter of) orphans'
What's your understanding of verse #. 127 of Sotun-Nisa:
????????????????? ??? ?????????? ???? ??????? ??????????? ???????? ????? ??????? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ????????? ??? ?????????????? ??? ?????? ??????? ????????????? ???? ?????????????? ???????????????????? ???? ???????????? ?????? ????????? ???????????? ??????????? ????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??????? ??????? ????? ???? ????????

Will be unfair if not acknowledge the fact, that your posts are at least which are to the point and u r quoting Quran. Now your questions:
If you read the verses from 1st to five or six your questions will have the answer:

like" Give orphans their wealth and do not squander their wealth into yours, it is great sin" etc. And If Ye fear that ye will not be able to deal fairly in Orphans. The words "and" and "If" are joing-clause with the subsequent statements. that is very much clear.
Your above mentioned verse itself clearly indicate the "pronouncements about women, orphans whom ye wish to marry but do not wish to give what is decreed for them" also explains the initial verses of Sura Nisa. If it is still not clear, please post.

@babadeena
thx bro, for the ack

I would really appreciate if you could respond as inline text
Furthermore, assume that your addressees are laymen so dont say about anything that it obvious and it's very clear. Just explain it as babalog explain to little children :) Thanks

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
LOL

GM sahab, try to be in competition, or quit, its not out of control, but going very hi fi.

@babadeena my record is showing receipt of my PM a while ago, love to hear from you.

I have checked INBOX of board, no such PM is there still. there may be some problem.

gazoomartian

abbasiali said:
LOL

[funnny] I quit this thread :D

Zaidi Qasim

gazoomartian said:
abbasiali said:
LOL

[funnny] I quit this thread :D

Don't do that. Just dig in !!!!

A

abbasiali

babadeena said:
abbasiali said:
LOL

I have checked INBOX of board, no such PM is there still. there may be some problem.
[hmmm] [hmmm] thats too strange, anyways I have you an email, hope this time this will be in appropriate place,

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
abbasiali said:
babadeena said:
abbasiali said:
LOL

[hmmm] [hmmm] thats too strange, anyways I have you an email, hope this time this will be in appropriate place,
I have just sent you PM through board in reply to your mail. I hope u got it.

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
Zaidi Qasim said:
babadeena said:

[quote:1tkdpccf]Dear Babadeena, I have send you a PM, please respond to me at your earliest.

Such bolo!
???? ????? ?????? ?? ???? ???? ???? ???? ???? ??? ?????? ?? :[quote:1tkdpccf]

uptil four?

Hope the interlocutors should be to the point, concise and without cut-n-past but of course with www link.[/quote:1tkdpccf]

Jazzak Ullah Khair.[/quote:1tkdpccf]

I shall, inshallah, revert to your post today or tomorrow. was pleasure to read it?
Jazzak ullah Khair

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Muslim man marries more than a woman is Old Fashioned because it is (conditionally) allowed in Islam. Does Islam allow pre-marital sex. What SR did or doing to stop prostitution and Adultery.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDh_bvyx4Vw[/video]

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Al-Azhar fatwa on smoking:
http://www.emro.who.int/Publications/HealthEdReligion/Smoking/Excerpts.htm

It has become abundantly clear that, sooner or later, smoking, in whichever form and by whichever means, causes extensive health and financial damage to smokers. It is also the cause of a variety of diseases. Consequently, and on this evidence alone, smoking would be forbidden and should in no way be practiced by Muslims. Furthermore, the obligation to preserve one's health and wealth, as well as that of society as a whole, and medical evidence now available on the dangers of smoking, further support this view.

Sheikh Gadul Haq Ali Gadul Haq
Grand Imam of Al-Azhar

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtKsqvucr8o[/video]

gazoomartian

babadeena said:
gazoomartian said:
abduttawwab said:
babadeena said:
in continuation of my previous post:

c) The verses' main theme is "Orphans, their Wealth". Please check the verses coming after the quoted verses.

d) The verse which contains partly granted permission to marry women upto four, starts with arabic words "fa" (Then), "Inn"(IF). It shows that the verse carries the
continuation from the previous verse which is:
"(O mankind)Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin."

e) Anyone can check that orphans wealth is in question.

So the scenario is that those people who are the owners of "orphans wealth and also guardian of orphans" are being reminded that if ye fear that ye are unable to deal fairly with orphans......... then you can marry the women one,two,three or four ladies which you like. The words "you like" are again conditional words. Things now become crystal clear:
do not marry orphans girls whose wealth is in your control if you do not like them as "girls" but wish to marry them just for sake of their wealth. Oh Folk! Be afraid of Allah, only those people can marry more than one women who are in this situation. The intentional omission of integral condition of "orphan" while taking for granting the right to marry four is nothing but total distortion of Quran and intentional hiding of Quran, such people are accursed by Allah.

Therefore that MNA who recited the verse and did not emphasis the importance of Orphan part/condition, is Jaheel and all those who project and take like this are "Jaheel".

Subhan`Allah!

So what you are trying to say is, if someone wants to know the laws of polygamy in Islam, this verse of Quran is enough?

And similarly you believe that Translation of Quran is enough for those who want to derive other shariah laws? (and we don't need Tafseer, Hadeeth, Usoole-Fiqh etc) ?

Its good to know that some people open Qur'an for debates instead of taking as it came. Also, we have quiet a few muft key mufti's on this forum

There is no gunjaish of any bahas (debate) on whats said in the Qur'an and Hadeeth. Take it or leave it. If you dont like it, leave islam:

??? ????????? ??? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ????????? ???? ?????????? ????? ???????? ?????????????? ?????????? ????????? ?????? ??????????? ????????????? ??????????? ??? ????????? ??????? ????????? ??????? ???????

??? ?? ?????? ??? ??????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ??? ???? ?? ????? ???? ?? ?? ?? ????? ???? ??? ????? ????? ???? ???? ??? ???? ???? ???? ????? ???? ??

Allah hee hafiz hooga for that Masjid where u claim to give Khutba!! Now what this verse has to do with the topic. Take my bet, you do not know abc of Quran, no offence, Ghazoobahi but u seem to be off-track, better concentrate on old songs, it is not your field and it is not going to be if your understanding and habit of quoting out of context verses will remain same. Please remember that next time in that mosque some young boy will stand before you in the presence of audience with mine above post and challenge your position on ill-projected polygomy.

Thanks for the best wishes. No Let me go and look for three fine ladies to marry me. g'day

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)

Zahid Bhai ! it is not question of "assuming" but ensuring. Things are not on assumption or Qiyas or Conjectuer. Let me past down the verse:

?????? ???????? ?????? ??????????? ??? ??????????? ??????????? ??? ????? ????? ????? ?????????? ??????? ????????? ????????? ?????? ???????? ?????? ??????????? ??????????? ???? ??? ???????? ????????????? ?????? ??????? ?????? ??????????
You see the arabic words: Wa in the beginning. Showing that link is with previous verse.
???? ???????? If Ye(people) fear (conditional clause), next words what you(people could have feared). The the Arabic word "Fa". Any arabic knowing person is aware that if this "fa" is used in between it is conveying "then"
I can given you another example: No doubt Pork is declared Haraam but it carries a conditional clause that "If you are forced due to hunger". In no way it is giving us a blank permission to eat pork. Similar is the logic in the marriage verse.

Then these words :?????? ???????? ?????? ??????????? ??????????? should not have been there. that If ye(people) fear that Ye will not deal fairly then ONLY ONE. Again:
????? ?????????????? ??? ??????????? ?????? ?????????? ?????? ??????????
(4:127 Never you will be able to do justice between your wives how much ardently you may desire it. That also closes the door for more than one wife.
In support and as an example I can give you a verse wherein punishment for homosexuility is prescribed and that is the only one place.

waslaam

Zaidi Qasim

I got your reply.It is rather difficult to comprehend since Arabic is not my language I know well. I need to take support of my colleague who is very well spoken and fluent.I realized later( after posting) that if I have not used the proper word( assume).Anyway, Thank for your thoughts. I will go over it once again.Hopefully we can get better at understanding quran.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
If Ms. Shereen wants Pakistani law to comply the Al-Azhar fatwa about polygamy, whats wrong if whole constitution of Pakistan is review under the light of Al-Azhar Fatwas.

abduttawwab

MPA (400+ posts)

@babadeena
Your response on the following is awaited.
Since you dont consult other sources of deen to understand the meaning of Quran, how do you know that :
babadeena said:
a) he is the guardian of orphan girls and also holds their wealth in his control;
Remember the word '????????' is plural of '?????' and used for both genders.

babadeena said:
b) his intention is to keep the wealth of orphans with him even at the
cost of marrying an orphan girl under his control although he did not like
orphan girl as "a lady, I mean her personality".

What's the meaning of 'Fil Yatama'? You know its literal translation is 'in the (matter of) orphans'. So what's that 'matter'? and where has it been mentioned in these verses.

????????????????? ??? ?????????? ???? ??????? ??????????? ???????? ????? ??????? ?????????? ??? ?????????? ??? ???????? ?????????? ????????? ??? ?????????????? ??? ?????? ??????? ????????????? ???? ?????????????? ???????????????????? ???? ???????????? ?????? ????????? ???????????? ??????????? ????? ?????????? ???? ?????? ??????? ??????? ????? ???? ????????

Thanks!

babadeena

Minister (2k+ posts)
@babadeena
Your response on the following is awaited.
babadeena wrote:
To understand Quran or meaning of Quran, one needs only:
a) Dua to Rab-e-Alam to get increase one's knowledge;
b) intention/humblness
c) sincerity;
d) regularity in Hard-work, dedication
e) Persistence -continuation;
f) Permanent attachment.
Your "other sources" are useful, but not absolutely necessary to understand Quran. Moreover they are disputed (accepted by some while questioned by some), they were not compiled under "vahee from Allah, I rarely use them, very rarely, and am of view that, more than often time, instead of giving any solution, they become "problematic" .
How I Know that "He is Guardian of Orphan Girls"
From Second verse:
2. Give unto orphans their wealth. Exchange not the good for the bad (in your
management thereof) nor absorb their wealth into your own wealth. Lo! that would be a great sin.
This gives me guidance of "guardian". If you mean how they are "Girls"
Then read verse No.3. Of course you marry to a girl, i suppose.
Remember the word '????????' is plural of '?????' and used for both genders.
Yes I know that! your own quoted verse No.127 explains "women(girls) orphans"
Read the sequence of verses. and then the verse 127.
What's the meaning of 'Fil Yatama'? You know its literal translation is 'in the (matter of) orphans'. So what's that 'matter'? and where has it been mentioned in these verses.
The word "Matter" is in bracket. It is neither part of Quranic Arabic nor it is in text.
"And if ye fear that ye will not deal fairly by the orphans,"
"If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans"
Now what is your problem of understanding of this word "Fee", If your understanding is that the sentence should be"
"If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly in the Orphans", what it has to do then with the following sentence for marriage with one, two, three and four.
My understanding is absolutely what is written here:
http://www.quraneasyurdu.net/ps05/ch05s.html#127
If u still of the view, that one needs volumes of "other sources" to understand Quran or meaning of Quran, please bring any verse(s) which you think are difficult.
You are altogether ignoring following points:
a) If it was a blank permission to everyone, why the verse are opened and even
closed by "orphans" i.e. middle sentence.
b) If it had to be a blank permission, then the words should have been like this:
Oh You who believe! Marry the women of your liking, one, two, or three. Without any IFS and Butts. This is not the case, the Only verse carry the conditional clauses in the beginning and in the end.
c) Allah categorically says that "Ye will not be able to deal with wives, how much ardently you may wish to do so". That is conveying that Take only ONE.

d) Why there is emphasis on "Fawahdatan", why you are not reading that.

My question to you is that "Allah has given conditional permission to even Pork, is that became Halal, according to your Criteria.

Reflect upon Quran. It the easiest Book and repeatedly said into that the same thing. Rest when you have time, reply on other "random video" wearing Tie, is there. you can read it, but please be careful to use the words like "idiotic",
Thanks.

Tanweer.Amjad

Councller (250+ posts)
No one is an idiot, every one is clever enough to prove his point and support it by whatever means.

Tanweer.Amjad said:
Well in that case my view is that the Prophet Sal Allaho Alaih Wasallam directly received the Quran and he understood it more than anybody else, and Quran itself STATES that his life was Quran . And Quran also states that... in his life is the best example for all of us. (these are not exact translations, but most likely mean the same)

My answer lies in these questions:
1. How many times he got married?
2. How many wives he had at one time?
3. Did he mention anywhere that this right was bestowed on him as a special one, not a general one?
4. There was tradition of multiple wives among Arabs, and it was allowed since previous prophets. So logically we should look for ayah which forbids more than one marriage CATEGORICALLY, not with IFs and BUTs.

The Quranic verses in reference might not prove the categorical permission to four marriages but these or any other verse from Quran doesn't stop from polygamy categorically. If someone denies the RIGHT of 4 marriages, he should come up with a strongly denying verse or prove that there were no evidences in the recent history of Prophet (SAW) or during his time among the Sahaba (RA).