fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)
Wayne-Parnell-300x180.jpg

South African fast bowler Wayne Parnell has converted to Islam and could in future be known as "Waleed"

Johannesburg - Proteas fast bowler Wayne Parnell has converted from Christianity to Islam and could in future be known as "Whallid".

"Wayne decided to follow Islam a couple of months ago," said Proteas team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee.

Moosajee rejected rumours that Parnell was "influenced" by team-mates Hashim Amla and Imran Tahir to adopt the religion.

Moosajee also could not confirm speculation that Parnell might indeed change his name to "Whallid" - which means "Great One".

"It was his own decision, but I know nothing of the name change," said Moosajee.

Several of Parnell's team-mates said on Wednesday that he is "dead-serious" about changing his religion and since the Indian Premier League he hasn't consumed alcohol at all.

In October 2009 he was dropped from of the Warriors' side after he partied until the early hours of the morning in a Port Elizabeth nightclub during the team's SuperSport series match against the Dolphins.

khan_11

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Re: Parnell turns to Islam

Welcome Brother
To Nature on which you were BORN.
To the biggest Truth of The Universe.
Allah SWT give you Strength, AAMEEN.
welcome brother in to the right path and i pray to AllAH SWT that he will will give you strength to keep you on this path and also to others who are ready made Muslim to follow the true spirit of Islam and just follow the Quran and Sunnah of Prophet(pbuh) and love to every human being and respect the other religions and their followers.

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
And please, if you want to see the islamic values in practice, go to Europe ( as per Javed Chaudhary ) instead of coming to Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

hypocrite

Councller (250+ posts)
Such a great influence Hashim Aamla is when you just watch him on tv. I wouldn't be surprised if he has hand in it.

Adeel

Founder
[h=1]Parnell announces conversion to Islam[/h]ESPNcricinfo staff
July 28, 2011

126977.jpg

Wayne Parnell, the South Africa left-arm seamer, has announced that he has converted to Islam. Parnell has not decided on a Muslim name yet and will still be known as Wayne Dillon.

"I converted to Islam in January 2011, after a period of personal study and reflection and it is a faith that I have always been interested in," Parnell said in a statement on Thursday. He also asked that the issue be treated with respect as he approaches his first period of fasting. "My faith choice is a matter which I would like to keep private."
Parnell confirmed that he will "continue to respect the team's endorsement of alcoholic beverages." South Africa's Test team is sponsored by Castle Lager, a local beer. Hashim Amla, also of Muslim faith, does not wear the beer logo on his playing kit after making a special arrangement with CSA because of his religious beliefs.
Parnell is currently playing cricket for English county Sussex.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/525114.html