Standing for national anthem is shirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It is very clear from Qur'aan and Hadeeth that SHIRK is worst of all sins. It is also very clear that there is no forgiveness from this sin. Shouldn't we be very careful to avoid any kind of activity even there a slight doubt that this act may lead to SHIRK. For example, prostrating (سجدہ) the grave, even "ta'azimi" (تعظیمی) has been declared by majority of Ulema as SHIRK. Tell me why would a Muslim take risk of committing SHIRK if that Sijda may lead him to hell??? On the other hand, doing Sijda (سجدہ) to a grave is not a requirement to be successful in Aakhirat (آخرت).

Message learned: Dr. Israr Ahmed were so afraid of doing any act where there is slight doubt that it may be termed as SHIRK in the Aakhirat (آخرت).

Just think about it ....neutrally....

May Allah Give Hidayat to all of us.

anyie1

when a guest comes to your house , you stand up........ when an elder enters in the room,,,, you stand up just to pay respect ..... is it a shirk too............ standing for national anthem is a sort of respect you pay to your country,,,,, this person should keep this idea with him,,,,,,,,,,,, i absolutely disagree with him

Temojin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sheer nonsense. No wonder he had to announce apologies many times upon certain issues. I too don't stand for the anthem yet it is about respect rather than shirk. I wonder why people can't see him and his fellows' actual agenda. They secretly keep on condemning Pakistan and Pakistanis in a certain way while declaring almost all individuals of Pakistan mushriks (the same ideology that has been used by today's terrorists to kill innocent Pakisatanis in suicide attacks as well as militant actions).

I remember when Mubashir Lucman (a deviant) bowled him out upon the simplest of questions answers of which are written in Quran e Paak clearly and simply. I wonder when his old mother would enter the room barely able to walk and not having a place to sit, he would have had forbidden everyone in the family to sit tight and not commit shirk of standing up. Talking in a disrespectful manner and calling it reasoning is these peoples' signature and trademark.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
My humble opinion is that Almighty Allah in Holy Quran has mentioned special characteristics of pious people who do Zikr while standing, sitting or lying, therefore implying that ibadat can be done in any posture.

Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire [3:191]

Can someone respond to Dr. Israr's logic of sitting while the national anthem is played. I can't understand most of his arguments 'cuz they come without any logic.

Last edited:

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
Insanity knows no bounds

Hadees

Narrated Usama bin Zaid: Allah's Apostle sent us towards Al-Huruqa, and in the morning we attacked them and defeated them. I and an Ansari man followed a man from among them and when we took him over, he said, "La ilaha illal-Lah." On hearing that, the Ansari man stopped, but I killed him by stabbing him with my spear. When we returned, the Prophet came to know about that and he said, "O Usama! Did you kill him after he had said "La ilaha ilal-Lah?" I said, "But he said so only to save himself." The Prophet kept on repeating that so often that I wished I had not embraced Islam before that day.
Volume 5, Book 59, Number 568:Sahih Bukhari

Hadees

Hudhaifa i.e. Ibn al Yaman (ra) said that the Prophet (saw) said: Verily, I fear about a man from you who will read the Qur'an so much that his face will become enlightened and he will come to personify Islam. This will continue until Allah desires. Then these things will be taken away from him when he will disregard them by putting them all behind his back and will attack his neighbor with the sword accusing him of Shirk. The Prophet was asked - which of the two will be deserving of such an accusation? - The attacker or the attacked? The Prophet replied - the attacker (the one accusing the other of Shirk)

Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Tahqiq Nasir Albani, Volume 001, Page No. 200, Hadith Number 81] Nasir Albani said: 'this hadith is hasan' also see [Silsilat al-ahadith al-sahihah - Albani Volume 007-A, Page No. 605, Hadith Number 3201]
Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Volume No. 1, Page No. 282,
►Bukhari in his Tarikh ul Kabir, Volume No. 4, Page No. 301,
►Haythami in Majma Az Zawaid, where he declared its chain to be “Hassan”, Imam Ibn Kathir declared the Chain as “Jayyid (strong)” in his Tafsir al Quran al Azim, Volume No. 2, Page No. 266

Last edited:

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
[MENTION=14311]Reviver[/MENTION]

Islamic Ideology is the essence of Ideology of Pakitan. As per this statement , every Pakistani has (not including non muslims ) Islamic life style , and from this we can also deduce the universality of this statement that , EVERY muslim is a Pakistani , SO , hows it wrong?
(serious)

fawad ali

I totally disagree. If you like something/someone/your country it doesn't automatically mean you love it more than Allah. What type of nonsensical logic is that. Then respecting your parents is also shirk. How can you consider them more important than religion blah blah blah.. Instead of discussing real issues, we as muslims (including our religious scholars like Dr. Israr) indulge into debates that are totally useless. e.g clapping haram hai ya halal, hansna haram hai ya halal, national anthem kai liyay khara hona haram hai ya halal. what different will it make if any of the things are haram or halal??? And I am sure this is not a true representation of Islam.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sunan Abu Daud Book 41, Number 5198:

"Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
I never saw anyone more like the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in respect of gravity, calm deportment, pleasant disposition - according to al-Hasan's version: in respect of talk and speech. Al-Hasan did not mention gravity, calm deportment, pleasant disposition - than Fatimah, may Allah honour her face. When she came to visit him (the Prophet) he stood up to welcome her, took her by the hand, kissed her and made her sit where he was sitting; and when he went to visit her, she got up to welcome him, took him by the hand, kissed him, and made him sit where she was sitting.

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
It is very clear from Qur'aan and Hadeeth that SHIRK is worst of all sins. It is also very clear that there is no forgiveness from this sin. Shouldn't we be very careful to avoid any kind of activity even there a slight doubt that this act may lead to SHIRK. For example, prostrating (سجدہ) the grave, even "ta'azimi" (تعظیمی) has been declared by majority of Ulema as SHIRK. Tell me why would a Muslim take risk of committing SHIRK if that Sijda may lead him to hell??? On the other hand, doing Sijda (سجدہ) to a grave is not a requirement to be successful in Aakhirat (آخرت).

Message learned: Dr. Israr Ahmed were so afraid of doing any act where there is slight doubt that it may be termed as SHIRK in the Aakhirat (آخرت).

Just think about it ....neutrally....

May Allah Give Hidayat to all of us.

Since long u did not exercise into graves... now this is time... But we are talking about flags and its respect.....

Raaz

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Listen and understand what the great scholar has to say

I have great respect for Dr. Israr... but some time he is out of mind and start talking like stupids...

Did he for get the importance of Islamic flag and its up holding....

Definitely it is not in the shirk but it is mandatory.

Hazrat Imer Hamzah was the frirst flag holder , nominated by Hazrat Muhammad...pbuh... ( and the colour of flag was black)

And Hazrat Jafar Tayar RA, , got cut his one arm , he hold that Islamic flag in other hand... and then the other arm got cut , and he holded it in mouth..

Until the victory , he did not let the flag down. Flag was every thing in the battles...

Definitely , it was flag of Islam , flag of Madinah , not Makkah... until muslims captured Makkah Mauzamah...

fahid_asif

Senator (1k+ posts)
when a guest comes to your house , you stand up........ when an elder enters in the room,,,, you stand up just to pay respect ..... is it a shirk too............ standing for national anthem is a sort of respect you pay to your country,,,,, this person should keep this idea with him,,,,,,,,,,,, i absolutely disagree with him

you know HAZOOR PAKpbuh nay suhaba ko is kaam se mana fermaya tha? ye kharay ho ker respect shispect local tahzeeb to ho sakti ha per Mohammadi tehzeeb nhi

Temojin

Minister (2k+ posts)
you know HAZOOR PAKpbuh nay suhaba ko is kaam se mana fermaya tha? ye kharay ho ker respect shispect local tahzeeb to ho sakti ha per Mohammadi tehzeeb nhi

You are right here mate yet it was done even then. It was for Muhammad pbuh who forbade them from doing so stating that whosoever likes this form of respect, should know that he will be in jahannum yet it was for people to stop demanding such acts for respect yet whosoever does it with love as mentioned here by a mate here in a Hadith about Sayyedah Faimah R.A, it is not prohibited. It is natural that whenever my mother comes in room from outside, I stand up greeting her and bow my head in front of her to get a kiss so it was for that and the point you raised was totally correct but tried to explained it a bit.

Insanity knows no bounds

Hadees

Hudhaifa i.e. Ibn al Yaman (ra) said that the Prophet (saw) said: Verily, I fear about a man from you who will read the Qur'an so much that his face will become enlightened and he will come to personify Islam. This will continue until Allah desires. Then these things will be taken away from him when he will disregard them by putting them all behind his back and will attack his neighbor with the sword accusing him of Shirk. The Prophet was asked - which of the two will be deserving of such an accusation? - The attacker or the attacked? The Prophet replied - the attacker (the one accusing the other of Shirk)

Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Tahqiq Nasir Albani, Volume 001, Page No. 200, Hadith Number 81] Nasir Albani said: 'this hadith is hasan' also see [Silsilat al-ahadith al-sahihah - Albani Volume 007-A, Page No. 605, Hadith Number 3201]
Narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Volume No. 1, Page No. 282,
►Bukhari in his Tarikh ul Kabir, Volume No. 4, Page No. 301,
►Haythami in Majma Az Zawaid, where he declared its chain to be “Hassan”, Imam Ibn Kathir declared the Chain as “Jayyid (strong)” in his Tafsir al Quran al Azim, Volume No. 2, Page No. 266

Mate, couldn't thank you enough. These people are the exact personification of this Hadith and this shirk pasting faction and their associates have gained a lot of popularity since the british empire gave them ultimate power in the arab peninsula but they wouldn't even try to understand it. JazakAllah khair.

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)

You need to understand what was said in what context otherwise you end up jumbling the sunnah.

Book 019, Number 4368: (Sahih Muslim)
It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri who said: The people of Quraiza surrendered accepting the decision of Sa'd b. Mu'adh about them. Accordingly, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent for Sa'd who came to him riding a donkey. When he approached the mosque, the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said to the Ansar: "STAND UP TO RECEIVE YOUR CHIEFTIAN" ...

standing for funeral procession to respect dead body
عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ إِذَا رَأَيْتُمْ الْجَنَازَةَ فَقُومُوا لَهَا حَتَّى تُخَلِّفَكُمْ أَوْ تُوضَعَ

Sayyidina Aamir ibn Rabi’ah (RA) narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said: When you see a funeral, stand up for it till it leaves you behind or is placed down.

[Nisai 1911, Ibn e Majah 1542,Ahmed11195, Bukhari 1310, Muslim 959, Nisai 1910]

أَنَّهُ ذُكِرَ الْقِيَامُ فِي الْجَنَائِزِ حَتَّى تُوضَعَ فَقَالَ عَلِيٌّ قَامَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ ثُمَّ قَعَدَ

Sayyidina Ali ibn Abu Talib (RA) mentioned standing up for the funeral till it was placed down. He said, “Allah’s Messenger (SAW) stood up and then sat down.”

[Ahmed1094, Muslim 962, Abu Dawud 3125, Nisai 1995, Ibn e Majah 1544]

was standing for funeral dead body [or to love/respect parents,daughter elders, motherland] is shirk too ?

Yes standing as done during time of fasiq kings [e.g saudi kings] to show their power was disliked in many hadith, but even that was never called shirk

cefspan

Minister (2k+ posts)
I have great respect for Dr. Israr... but some time he is out of mind and start talking like stupids...

Hazrat Imer Hamzah was the frirst flag holder , nominated by Hazrat Muhammad...pbuh... ( and the colour of flag was black)

And Hazrat Jafar Tayar RA, , got cut his one arm , he hold that Islamic flag in other hand... and then the other arm got cut , and he holded it in mouth..

Until the victory , he did not let the flag down. Flag was every thing in the battles...

Definitely , it was flag of Islam , flag of Madinah , not Makkah... until muslims captured Makkah Mauzamah...

thats the very point , we should agree and follow someone but not in every respect. Thats where the jamatis go wrong , u agree with Moudidi sb , good , U disagree with Moudidi sb , u are against the party.............

WAY TO GO RAAZ bhai!

SaadKnight

Senator (1k+ posts)
@Reviver

Islamic Ideology is the essence of Ideology of Pakitan. As per this statement , every Pakistani has (not including non muslims )
Islamic life style , and from this we can also deduce the universality of this statement that , EVERY muslim is a Pakistani , SO , hows it wrong?
(serious)
Care to explain what and where is the Islamic life style in Pakistanis?

SaadKnight

Senator (1k+ posts)

Mera bhai, I think you are missing the point here. Holding and protecting a flag in war is one thing, saluting it and standing in its honor (which is not done in war like situations) is entirely another. Same goes for the national anthem. And the flag you are talking about was the flag of Muslims not a specific country, the flag used to identify the presence of Muslims in the field of battle (and that was the purpose of the flag in the battle field, I am not aware of any hadith or riwayat that says that the flag was used to glorify muslim, if you have any such riwayat or hadith plz do share with source, it will improve my knowledge as well). Pakistani flag is a national flag, it does not represent the rest of the Muslim world.

We all have love and respect for our flag and our country but I think this ritualistic approach for this love and respect in not a good thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.