Tax on overseas Pakistanis by PTI

Zinda_Rood

Minister (2k+ posts)

یہ بیرون ملک بیٹھے چوزے ہی عمران خان کے سب سے بڑے حمایتی تھے، اب بھگتو اور اس اقدام پر اوٹ پٹانگ قسم کے جواز گھڑ کر ڈیفینڈ کرو۔۔

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
So the whole world incourges to buy country’s made goods or pay higher taxes plmn ppp mafia were busy looting the country instead of fixing problems they didn’t but pti is trying to fix the faults and the gaps. We can’t keep borrowing from imf

Marvelous... PTI is 'punishing' overseas Pakistanis who are bound to buy 'overseas products' as they live 'overseas'.... They cannot wait until they visit Pakistan and buy the 'cell phones' they need. Some overseas Pakistanis visit Pakistan in years, would they wait until they visit Pakistan in order to buy all what they need.

Talk sense, brother.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
From his profile this guy Rab Nawaz seems to be a Mumtaz Qadri and Rizvi lover no wonder he is so dumb and such a liar.

From his own pic, the paper under his receipt shows multiple items and what % tax and how much tax per item is, although list is halfway hidden and obviously there are more items in the list covered by the tax receipt

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
This is a good step by govt to collect tax on foreign products. There is no tax on single personal use mobile phone. But Govt. should alow atleast two mobile phones as many use two phones one for personal and other for business purposes.

Overseas Pakistani LIVE overseas, eat overseas and buy overseas. The govt need to 'THINK' before they apply such decisions on overseas Pakistanis. They should encourage the Pakistanis to buy 'made in Pakistan' products, instead of punishing overseas Pakistanis for buying products 'overseas'.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Marvelous... PTI is 'punishing' overseas Pakistanis who are bound to buy 'overseas products' as they live 'overseas'.... They cannot wait until they visit Pakistan and buy the 'cell phones' they need. Some overseas Pakistanis visit Pakistan in years, would they wait until they visit Pakistan in order to buy all what they need.

Talk sense, brother.
You are allowed to bring in one phone per person, so if a family of 4 you can bring in 4 phones tax free and the custom duty is nominal, from the list published the highest tax is on an iPhone MAX 512GB and that is 1449 pkr. I'm sure a person who can afford a iPhone Max can afford to pay $10 custom, that also if only its the second phone he is carrying.

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
غالباً ایک سے زیادہ فون لانے پر ٹیکس لگا ہے ۔

Overseas Pakistanis need at least TWO cell phones during their stay in Pakistan. They need to keep their 'overseas' SIM active for banking and other purposes. However, without taking any of these points into account, the YOUNG BLOOD, HAMMAD AZHAR has jumped onto a hasty conclusion that this would benefit Pakistan's economy....

I wish they use some brain before they plan such pain for people.

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are allowed to bring in one phone per person, so if a family of 4 you can bring in 4 phones tax free and the custom duty is nominal, from the list published the highest tax is on an iPhone MAX 512GB and that is 1449 pkr. I'm sure a person who can afford a iPhone Max can afford to pay $10 custom, that also if only its the second phone he is carrying.

Kindly use your foresight glasses sir. It's US $ 449 to 1449, on iphones...so it's nominal for you???

Fakhre Alam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Please check the list again. taxes are in US dollars. Not PKR. :sneaky:

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
My bad ! Yes both of you are correct it is in USD, yes that does seem excessive

Yes sir...and icing on the cake is that they charge you in US $, not in Pak rupee, so that you feel the pinch even more by looking at the high-flying value of US dollar.

Somebody took a cellphone for his mother. The phone cost him 25000 in Pak rupees, and they charged him Ten Thousand Five Hundred (in Pak rupee) as tax ...what a shame!!

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
Overseas Pakistanis need at least TWO cell phones during their stay in Pakistan. They need to keep their 'overseas' SIM active for banking and other purposes. However, without taking any of these points into account, the YOUNG BLOOD, HAMMAD AZHAR has jumped onto a hasty conclusion that this would benefit Pakistan's economy....

I wish they use some brain before they plan such pain for people.
DISAGREE. you dont need two sims all the time. Unless you have activated phone TAN, and you have to do some regular bank transaction and you are toooo lazy to change sim. For transactions online, i prefer paypal, requires no sim, amazon is paid via bank automatically, paying via Bank must NOT require sim. can be done via internet. So no need at all

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
DISAGREE. you dont need two sims all the time. Unless you have activated phone TAN, and you have to do some regular bank transaction and you are toooo lazy to change sim. For transactions online, i prefer paypal, requires no sim, amazon is paid via bank automatically, paying via Bank must NOT require sim. can be done via internet. So no need at all

Either you live in 'TANDO ADAM' or 'CHEECHOO KEE MALIYAAN'.... By banking, you only mean 'sending money'. Come out of the little well Mr. Tode. The overseas has to remain active for so many things, not only for 'monetary transactions'. People have different business commitments that necessitate the active status of overseas SIM.

Competent

Minister (2k+ posts)
Overseas Pakistani LIVE overseas, eat overseas and buy overseas. The govt need to 'THINK' before they apply such decisions on overseas Pakistanis. They should encourage the Pakistanis to buy 'made in Pakistan' products, instead of punishing overseas Pakistanis for buying products 'overseas'.
But there is no tax on your personal phone but only if you have a second phone. You have some misinformation.

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
Either you live in 'TANDO ADAM' or 'CHEECHOO KEE MALIYAAN'.... By banking, you only mean 'sending money'. Come out of the little well Mr. Tode. The overseas has to remain active for so many things, not only for 'monetary transactions'. People have different business commitments that necessitate the active status of overseas SIM.
you don't need to be an online bully if someone dare to disagree with your thoughts. It wouldn't help. your point was that it is required for online banking and I said that its not, because it's simply not. Until or Unless you have activated validation via phone. staying in contact with buddies abroad is something else if traditional mobiling is necessary. That too I think is solved via Whatsapp, unless if a someone use Nokia 3310. You can disagree like a gentleman.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Where does it say on the receipt that it was for Galaxy J7 and it was priced 24218?
Tax is 10%-20% as far as I know and that too on extra mobiles as per discussion above.
It is most probably receipt of something else that the person paid duty on.
check the FBR list below on the ammount of duty on each mobile phone model.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
Are you serious ?
Look at the List,
I can say for Europe atleast, the price of new phones here is equal to the duty they are imposing on it. and if compare to USA or UAE it might even be more than the value of phone itself.

khipk

Senator (1k+ posts)
you don't need to be an online bully if someone dare to disagree with your thoughts. It wouldn't help. your point was that it is required for online banking and I said that its not, because it's simply not. Until or Unless you have activated validation via phone. staying in contact with buddies abroad is something else if traditional mobiling is necessary. That too I think is solved via Whatsapp, unless if a someone use Nokia 3310. You can disagree like a gentleman.
Thats the thing, you seem to be oblivious to the way things are run outside Pakistan.
My banking is reliant on having active sim, to approve each transaction I receive a SMS with code to verify it, same goes for my credit card, when the bank think somethings fishy then they send me a sms to verify the transaction.
Apart from that I have a separate workphone, which I have to keep on me, for interoffice communications.
Hell even if I log in gmail or outlook at a strange place (strange = unknown location) they would aske me to verify it either by alternate email address or by phone. Are you really living in cave??

saneopinion

MPA (400+ posts)
Hahhahaha... This is hilarious stuff... We r so confused about everything from PKR to USD, tax amount or phone value, banking or no banking etc.
Seedhi baat hai... Government nay tax laga dya hai to daina to paray ga... Haan protest to banta hai...
Aik simple solution yeh hai k if u absolutely want to bring an extra phone for personal use then get that sasta 3310 type phone... Uspay duty bohat kaam hogi aur basic kaam bhi chal jai ga like call and text... Baqi achay cellphone wala gift scene off hai