The only fear I have for my Ummah are astray leaders (who will lead them astray)

إِنَّمَا أَخَافُ عَلَى أُمَّتِي الْأَئِمَّةَ الْمُضِلِّينَ

The only fear I have for my Ummah are astray leaders (who will lead them astray)

(Ahmed/ Tirmidhi)

Commentary

• [*=left]Imam Al-Ayni explained the astray leaders as those who call to innovation, sin and immorality. They are also explained as those who follow their desires, and therefore are astray and lead others astray.

• [*=left]It is attributed to Umar bin al-Khattab (ra) that Islam will be destroyed by the lapses of the scholar, the hypocrite who argues using the Quran, and the rule of astray leaders.

• [*=left]The position of the ruler is such that with their corruption unless they are corrupted they will corrupt the society, since they are the ones responsible for maintaining the law, establishing the limits and protecting the people.

Last edited:

Pakistani1947

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Narrated Abu Said: The Prophet said, "You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors so completely and literally that if they should go into the hole of a mastigure, you too will go there." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?" He replied, "Whom else?" (Meaning, of course, the Jews and the Christians.) (Sahih Bukhari, Book #56, Hadith #662) Source

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: You would tread the same path as was trodden by those before you inch by inch and step by step so much so that if they hadentered into the hole of the lizard, you would follow them in this also. We said: Allah's Messenger, do you mean Jews and Christians (by your words)" those before you"? He said: Who else (than those two religious groups)? (Sahih Muslim; Book #034, Hadith #6448) Source

In the light of above hadeeths, please read the following Hadeeth again!

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that. (Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1083) Source

Last edited by a moderator: