To the youth, Why should you question your religion???

Noworriesbehappy

Councller (250+ posts)
I know i will get a lot of abuse from religion's bashers, but its price worth paying for encouraging youth to seek knowledge and make informed decision.

The reason, i left Islam, because there are many things that any sane person, can not defend in Islam. When i started questioning, it was obvious to me that religion is man made idea to satisfy his curiosity and there is no God/ No heaven/ No Hell, when you die, that’s end of your life so make best of your life that you have and enjoy every single moment of it. because when you die, you will have no conscious and you will stop to exist, just like before you were born, you had no conscious.

The religion is the main reason for the many suffering of humanity today, e.g. Palestine/Israel conflict.

Following are key question, one should ask himself

1-Why you follow the religion that you practice, Is it because you were born into certain religion? is that a good reason to spend your life? you could have been born into Hinduism/Sikhs etc.

2- The strength of any religion lies in fear. Because for most of people, questioning religion is a big No/ NO, It’s an insult to any human being with a brain not to question something which he perfectly capable of, but just because of fear, you does not question it, but spends his entire life on the basis of it.

3-Would you follow a religion where religion preacher does not practice, what he preaches? most likely not. As per Quran (surah Nisa 4, verse 3) Muslim can have 4 wives, but Prophet, himself was married to11 (some sources have 14 wife), at least 9 of them were alive at time of his death, this contradicts Quran.

4- As per Hadiths, Prophet married to Aisha when she was 6 and consumed his marriage at the age of 9. Now using your common sense, is 9 year old mentally ready for sex or if she becomes pregnant6, her body would be able to support/bear the stress/pain of pregnancy/child birth?? if you have to explain this to non-Muslim, can you justify it, personally, i could not. There might be many excuses, i can not see how you can justify it Infront of some one who is non muslim. There is a video of Zakir naik on youtuber confirming her age but the reason that he gave does not address that question that i have

5-A Muslim in janaat will get 72 hoors/virgins, but the question is what would women get, one man for 72 women, the poor women will be at disadvantage, for them that’s not as reward in Jannat , that’s a punishment. I asked this question previously, never got any answer that logical mind would accept.

6- One of prophet wife (i think Sofia) was a slave captured after one of the war against Jewish, she was wife of tribe leader, who was killed after the war (Thats what i learned from the research, you can do your research). Prophet married to here after the war. Now the question comes, if a women loses her husband, would she be willing to marry a person, responsible for his killing, most likely not, so where Muslim claim, Prophet was rehmat-ul-alamine, (rehmat for all mankind), but clearly for her, he was not.

7- Similarly, Islam did not abolish slavery, it was practiced after prophet death. How could Islam/prophet be any "rehmat", does not matter, how good your master is, by not abolishing slavery, it left door open for suffering of many human slave.

8-There are currently, Some where 16-18 religion in the world ,with at least one million or more follower. By some estimate, there are more than 1000 religions in the world, and then there are sub religion (or sect e.g. Sunni, Shia, catholic, protestant), by probability, at most, only one of them could be a true religion, or most likely not even one, because it not possible that at the same time, Islam and Hinduism can be a true religion. so what is the possibility that the one you follow is correct.

All religions have same issues, when you apply logic they don’t satisfy human mind, its not something unique, I would just encourage you to question your religion, and try to find answer yourself, you may arrive at different conclusion than me, that’s perfect as long as you have used YOUR brain and don’t follow something blindly.

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Main point is existence of God, and we have to offer you only Quran for arguments, because it is the word of THE GOD, our own human words and argument are nothing in front of the almighty who gave us this book.

Reading the Quran one clearly recognizes that this is not a book made by man. Nor by any other worldly creature. One suddenly becomes humble Infront of the words of this book and recognizes that these are the words of the creator of the world .......

Your other arguments are simply strawman in my view, they involve facts that we disagree are true, and you insist are true so the burden of proof is on you not us .......

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
All these questions raised are result of lack of knowledge and knowledge of Islam. You will get all the answers when you actually think and try to make sense od everything. In quran you have all the answers. You just need to have the basic intellect to understand.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I know i will get a lot of abuse from religion's bashers, but its price worth paying for encouraging youth to seek knowledge and make informed decision.

The reason, i left Islam, because there are many things that any sane person, can not defend in Islam. When i started questioning, it was obvious to me that religion is man made idea to satisfy his curiosity and there is no God/ No heaven/ No Hell, when you die, that’s end of your life so make best of your life that you have and enjoy every single moment of it. because when you die, you will have no conscious and you will stop to exist, just like before you were born, you had no conscious.

The religion is the main reason for the many suffering of humanity today, e.g. Palestine/Israel conflict.

1-Why you follow the religion that you practice, Is it because you were born into certain religion? is that a good reason to spend your life? you could have been born into Hinduism/Sikhs etc.

2- The strength of any religion lies in fear. Because for most of people, questioning religion is a big No/ NO, It’s an insult to any human being with a brain not to question something which he perfectly capable of, but just because of fear, you does not question it, but spends his entire life on the basis of it.

3-Would you follow a religion where religion preacher does not practice, what he preaches? most likely not. As per Quran (surah Nisa 4, verse 3) Muslim can have 4 wives, but Prophet, himself was married to11 (some sources have 14 wife), at least 9 of them were alive at time of his death, this contradicts Quran.

4- As per Hadiths, Prophet married to Aisha when she was 6 and consumed his marriage at the age of 9. Now using your common sense, is 9 year old mentally ready for sex or if she becomes pregnant6, her body would be able to support/bear the stress/pain of pregnancy/child birth?? if you have to explain this to non-Muslim, can you justify it, personally, i could not. There might be many excuses, i can not see how you can justify it Infront of some one who is non muslim. There is a video of Zakir naik on youtuber confirming her age but the reason that he gave does not address that question that i have

5-A Muslim in janaat will get 72 hoors/virgins, but the question is what would women get, one man for 72 women, the poor women will be at disadvantage, for them that’s not as reward in Jannat , that’s a punishment. I asked this question previously, never got any answer that logical mind would accept.

6- One of prophet wife (i think Sofia) was a slave captured after one of the war against Jewish, she was wife of tribe leader, who was killed after the war (Thats what i learned from the research, you can do your research). Prophet married to here after the war. Now the question comes, if a women loses her husband, would she be willing to marry a person, responsible for his killing, most likely not, so where Muslim claim, Prophet was rehmat-ul-alamine, (rehmat for all mankind), but clearly for her, he was not.

7- Similarly, Islam did not abolish slavery, it was practiced after prophet death. How could Islam/prophet be any "rehmat", does not matter, how good your master is, by not abolishing slavery, it left door open for suffering of many human slave.

8-There are currently, Some where 16-18 religion in the world ,with at least one million or more follower. By some estimate, there are more than 1000 religions in the world, and then there are sub religion (or sect e.g. Sunni, Shia, catholic, protestant), by probability, at most, only one of them could be a true religion, or most likely not even one, because it not possible that at the same time, Islam and Hinduism can be a true religion. so what is the possibility that the one you follow is correct.

All religions have same issues, when you apply logic they don’t satisfy human mind, its not something unique, I would just encourage you to question your religion, and try to find answer yourself, you may arrive at different conclusion than me, that’s perfect as long as you have used YOUR brain and don’t follow something blindly.
All of your questions are either based on misconstrued translations of the Quranic verses or on weird and manufactured ahadith that have no relevance to Deen Islam.
You need to study the Quran only and don't fall for man-made books of Ahadith, Fiqha, etc.

Dr Adam

..........The reason, i left Islam, because there are many things that any sane person, can not defend in Islam...........

آپ نے اسلام چھوڑا، برا کیا . اس کا اللہ کریم پر کوئی اثر پڑا؟؟ زیرو . اس حالت میں موت آ گئی تو جہنم کی آگ آپ کا انتظار کر رہی ہے . اس کا حل کیا ہے؟؟ اللہ سے دوبارہ رجوع

میں آپ کو دعوت دیتا ہوں کہ اللہ سے گڑ گڑا کر اپنے کہے اور کیے کی معافی مانگیں اور آئیندہ ایسا نہ کرنے کا عہد کریں . اللہ بڑا رحیم اور بڑا کریم ہے وہ سچے دل سے کی گئی توبہ کو قبول کرنے پر قادر ہے

دعا ہے کہ اللہ اپنے لطف و کرم سے آپکے دل کی سختی کو دور کرے اور آپکو صراط مستقیم پر چلنے کی ہدایت اور توفیق دے . آمین

Dr Adam

ڈالي گئي جو فصل خزاں ميں شجر سے ٹوٹ
ممکن نہيں ہري ہو سحاب بہار سے

ہے لازوال عہد خزاں اس کے واسطے
کچھ واسطہ نہيں ہے اسے برگ و بار سے

ہے تيرے گلستاں ميں بھي فصل خزاں کا دور
خالي ہے جيب گل زر کامل عيار سے

جو نغمہ زن تھے خلوت اوراق ميں طيور
رخصت ہوئے ترے شجر سايہ دار سے

شاخ بريدہ سے سبق اندوز ہو کہ تو
ناآشنا ہے قاعدئہ روزگار سے

ملت کے ساتھ رابطہء استوار رکھ
پيوستہ رہ شجر سے ، اميد بہار رکھ!

علامہ محمد اقبال

Noworriesbehappy

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
its price worth paying for encouraging youth to seek knowledge and make informed decision.
I agree with the construct that everyone should question their religion, I have many times over the years since I was a teenager and continue to do so.

Rest of your post, I've seen many many times before and I don't blame you, a lot of youth are becoming agnostic or atheist, the numbers increase the more "Islamic" the country. Iran being number 1. Saudi is also up there.

What passes off for Islam today, can't really blame you guys. But you are also doing a disservice to yourself, you've just taken a ride with a very bad and rash driver and come to the conclusion that this car is horrible, rather than blame the driver or drive the car yourself.

Traditional Islam of today is based 95% on these Persian hadith books and not on the Quran. Its so called practices, rituals, shariah, fiqh, jurisprudence, laws and regulation they all come from these. Including all your objections, none of it is has any real base in actual Islam

Before you decided to call it quits, you owed it to yourself at the very least to see what the original book was saying

Question : Have you ever read the complete Quran cover to cover with understanding? And no having read "enough of it" doesn't count.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

آپ نے اسلام چھوڑا، برا کیا . اس کا اللہ کریم پر کوئی اثر پڑا؟؟ زیرو . اس حالت میں موت آ گئی تو جہنم کی آگ آپ کا انتظار کر رہی ہے . اس کا حل کیا ہے؟؟ اللہ سے دوبارہ رجوع

This is with all due respect Dr Saab is where you are wrong. You cannot use fear as motivation for anything. Until my late teen years I tried to be a good muslim because I was afraid of going to hell, I did what I had to simply because I had to just like chore, just like cleaning the dishes or cleaning your room other wise you would hear it from your parents.

But then in my early 20's I really read the Quran with translation, tafseer and word for word translation, pre internet days and this consisted in 3 thick volumes. And thats when I started trying to become a good muslim not because I was afraid of going to hell, but because I wanted to. The concept of going to hell pretty much has been on the back burner ever since, if you read his book Allah has reserved hell for only the most wicked, criminals, real hardcore evil and mushriks.

In a nutshell trying to scare someone in believing is mostly the catholic and jahil mullah way and on top of it, it doesn't even work. How are you going to scare someone of going to hell when he doesn't even believe in hell !?!

ahsu

Citizen
Please don't lose faith.

The faith really gives you a freedom. Many people live in fear due to starvations, losing jobs, existential crisis and many other things. Only faith provides escape. I have seen some people leaving Islam caught in existential crisis and fears of losing this dunya. Those people at the end committed suicide.

When I had bad Ikhlaq, I never used to have friends, was not getting jobs fights at home etc. But one I read some Quran ayat like not to make fun of others, don't discriminate , don't be Argonaut and then I fallowed these habits I got lots of friends and got very good job. Now every evening when I come back home on my way I dont think of TV, movies etc, as I get lots of pleasure in Quran.

Look brother, there is hadees, Do 4 things you will have succes in this Dunya (As all the nature forces will be with you if you fallow these 4 habits.) (1) Don't Cheat (Don't you anyone human being for your benefit, like money, job etc), (2) Be nice to everyone (Hune Kulaq, like don't back bite, don't abuse , don't play blame don't fight), (3) Al ways speak truth (4) Earn clean money or meal, like don't earn in dishonest way. Now think about this hadees, all these things are the same one which humanist fallows. Put yourself as victim if someone deceive you or cheat you or lie to you. It against humanity. Most of Islam is about this things,

One of my friend was feminist, also had issues with 9 year old girl, She did research as she wanted to make sure about everything before leaving Islam. Biologically at that time girls used to reach puberty, at that time many women used to get married when reach puberty. Its not strange. I challenge you to visit any tribal region and live with them and know about the way of living.

Look you have mind, you need to know the purpose of life and how to live the life rather than all these internet shits. Only true believer will show a mercy when he/she is dominate. Psychologist says even humanist will not forgive and will do kill infants elders etc when they are dominate. I have personally seen this. The soft heart I only seen among those with iman and there heart does not slip. In Bosnia the atheist and muslims were close friends at night but in night the heart changed and many were buther. Simulilary many muslims killed sikh in Punajab, as they were not aware of teaching of islam. (May Sikh also killed Muslim in eastern Punjab, if you claim you are thinker then think why these heart are not soft and why at conquer of Makah none were killed or why Sala ud din did not killed any single christain when he entered juroslem although the crusader killed thousands of Muslims or why Israli killing in Gaza or hindu burned thousands in Gujrat in 1996-97, do research instead of wasting time search for reason about human behavior and when the behavior is cruel).

Here one sheikh give the reason when human become animal (its only when we become selfish to fallow our desires):

Last edited:

ahsu

Citizen
Salah e Aam hay yaran e nuqta dan kay liye,
I will repost the video again so that it come to top for everyone who has doubt. Trust me life is so beautiful without doubts , hate etc. Must have clear mind to achive something. Instead of keyboard useless warrir do something for yourself , your family relatives friends. For the sake of Allah
Its your choice if you want to hate, comes up with nagativity, then become zalim, or give a direction to your life, being nice to neighbours, relative, make your future, earn good money, help other to get jobs. Its upto you if you want to end up having hate for someone in heart, Good bye.

Wake up Pak

This is with all due respect Dr Saab is where you are wrong. You cannot use fear as motivation for anything. Until my late teen years I tried to be a good muslim because I was afraid of going to hell, I did what I had to simply because I had to just like chore, just like cleaning the dishes or cleaning your room other wise you would hear it from your parents.

But then in my early 20's I really read the Quran with translation, tafseer and word for word translation, pre internet days and this consisted in 3 thick volumes. And thats when I started trying to become a good muslim not because I was afraid of going to hell, but because I wanted to. The concept of going to hell pretty much has been on the back burner ever since, if you read his book Allah has reserved hell for only the most wicked, criminals, real hardcore evil and mushriks.

In a nutshell trying to scare someone in believing is mostly the catholic and jahil mullah way and on top of it, it doesn't even work. How are you going to scare someone of going to hell when he doesn't even believe in hell !?!
A born Muslim is no Muslim. Just believing & following a few rituals, and reciting the Kalima will certainly not make anyone a Muslim. It is a harsh reality, and many Muslims will not like it and may issue religious edicts of being Kafir, Murtid, Qadiani, etc.
People are quite sensitive about religion, especially Muslims, and they do not want to hear any other opinion, fact, or thoughts as it will deviate them from preconceived notions without any proof or evidence.
I have never claimed to be a good Muslim, but at least I'm trying it, based on the little knowledge of the Quran (A student of the Quran) I have.
I agree with you that Islam can not be forced upon anyone. As Allah has said in the Quran:

لَاۤ إِكۡرَاهَ فِی ٱلدِّینِۖ قَد تَّبَیَّنَ ٱلرُّشۡدُ مِنَ ٱلۡغَیِّۚ فَمَن یَكۡفُرۡ بِٱلطَّـٰغُوتِ وَیُؤۡمِنۢ بِٱللَّهِ فَقَدِ ٱسۡتَمۡسَكَ بِٱلۡعُرۡوَةِ ٱلۡوُثۡقَىٰ لَا ٱنفِصَامَ لَهَاۗ وَٱللَّهُ سَمِیعٌ عَلِیمٌ ۝٢٥٦

There shall be no compulsion in religion; the right way has become distinct from the wrong way. Whoever renounces evil and believes in God has grasped the most trustworthy handle; which does not break. God is Hearing and Knowing

Islamabadiya

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

1-Why you follow the religion that you practice, Is it because you were born into certain religion? is that a good reason to spend your life? you could have been born into Hinduism/Sikhs etc. ( Being born a Muslim does not automatically mean that you are a Jantee, being born a muslim also happens to be the biggest previlige, if you were born into other religion, it is your obligation to find the right path)

2- The strength of any religion lies in fear. Because for most of people, questioning religion is a big No/ NO, It’s an insult to any human being with a brain not to question something which he perfectly capable of, but just because of fear, you does not question it, but spends his entire life on the basis of it. ( Not just religion, strength of any enforcement lies in fear, but i would say this though that our molvee hazraat portray too much fear but whatever is asked of you not to do is indeed bad for you, no one is stopping you from questioning but yes believe in Allah Subhan u Talla is blind, thats why its called faith)

3-Would you follow a religion where religion preacher does not practice, what he preaches? most likely not. As per Quran (surah Nisa 4, verse 3) Muslim can have 4 wives, but Prophet, himself was married to11 (some sources have 14 wife), at least 9 of them were alive at time of his death, this contradicts Quran. (There were many things Prophets did which we as muslims nowdays can not do as they do not relate to the circumstances Islam and prophets were in those times, rather those were mostly in context with what the religion was going through those times, e,g, wars and persecutions made many women wodowed, to support orphans and widows this practice of marrying more than 4 wives was done, spread of Islam was the foremost important step)

4- As per Hadiths, Prophet married to Aisha when she was 6 and consumed his marriage at the age of 9. Now using your common sense, is 9 year old mentally ready for sex or if she becomes pregnant6, her body would be able to support/bear the stress/pain of pregnancy/child birth?? if you have to explain this to non-Muslim, can you justify it, personally, i could not. There might be many excuses, i can not see how you can justify it Infront of some one who is non muslim. There is a video of Zakir naik on youtuber confirming her age but the reason that he gave does not address that question that i have ( This story of Hazarat Aisha (RA) being 9 is false, and is often used an refuted in the past, she was definitey young but why it was done was to again show to the world that in very dire circumstances certain things maybe allowed. Remember that Islam does not suggest any age for marriage, it says when they become Baligh, now I am not suggesting naything here but the truth is that we DO NOT KNOW for sure what conditions surrounded this decision and what really her age was. In todays's world, even in muslim civilised world, underage marriage is illegal, but in those times of constant war, pain and suffering, what kind of circumstances a widow woman or baligh young girl would be going through is not easy for you or us to comprehend. And it will be highly unfair to look at everything from today's perception.

5-A Muslim in janaat will get 72 hoors/virgins, but the question is what would women get, one man for 72 women, the poor women will be at disadvantage, for them that’s not as reward in Jannat , that’s a punishment. I asked this question previously, never got any answer that logical mind would accept. ( this 72 Hoor/virgins topic is always blown out of context to create sensationalism, again, how exactly the paradise will be is not mentioned IMO. There are hints and there are suggestions, it depends on you how you think it will be )

6- One of prophet wife (i think Sofia) was a slave captured after one of the war against Jewish, she was wife of tribe leader, who was killed after the war (Thats what i learned from the research, you can do your research). Prophet married to here after the war. Now the question comes, if a women loses her husband, would she be willing to marry a person, responsible for his killing, most likely not, so where Muslim claim, Prophet was rehmat-ul-alamine, (rehmat for all mankind), but clearly for her, he was not. ( Again, my friend you are too naive to think about woman's standing in a society, her situation when her husband gets killed in war, or anything else related to how woman lived in those times with today;s lens where today's wokeness and liberal right, these things did not exist by then, women were not wering yoga pants and hitting the gym, those times were thosand plus years ago, )

7- Similarly, Islam did not abolish slavery, it was practiced after prophet death. How could Islam/prophet be any "rehmat", does not matter, how good your master is, by not abolishing slavery, it left door open for suffering of many human slave. ( well honestly slavery is still ON, it has jsut changed its type and form, muslims are nowadays kind of slaves of the west, so whoever owns more slaves is more powerful and whoever is powerful can buy more slaves but on a serious note, Slavery is very complex subject, and let me stress again, related to those times. Every conquering force owned slaves, and slaves were mostly from those armies/nations who had been conquered by Islam and as the practice was to kill all the enemies to ensure full victory, merciful or in need armies would enslave opponents. But in Islamic victories, there was were less enslaving as losing side would accept Islam while other armies woudl jsut simply murder the opponents.)

8-There are currently, Some where 16-18 religion in the world ,with at least one million or more follower. By some estimate, there are more than 1000 religions in the world, and then there are sub religion (or sect e.g. Sunni, Shia, catholic, protestant), by probability, at most, only one of them could be a true religion, or most likely not even one, because it not possible that at the same time, Islam and Hinduism can be a true religion. so what is the possibility that the one you follow is correct.( I think if you study other religions, you would come to the conclusion that Islam is the One religion which makes more sense, sects are man made, Allah did not make any sects we did)

abdlsy

there are several proofs in quran of 1400 years old book, one is so many minor details of fusion of sperm n egg, how human is born from embryo fetus etc, today we have electron microscope ultrasound and that too now 3d that proves the concept

, so how come quran the book of allah reveals the details 1400 yrs ago. Its a blind faith either u believe it or wait till u die and become seekh kebob or spicy chargha you decide you have quran u have sahi bukharee.

then narration of history so much detail on moosa issa, etc shared equally closeLY reveAled in quran bible torah, makes u a true believer

why take a chance n end up in hell, no HARM DONE TO U makes u MORE disciplined KIND human free of animal behaviors BUT ONLY who follows CORRECTLY otherwise billions of musalmans with sunnah and quranic teachings are the worst humANS ON EARTH N THEY WILL BE PUNISHED.

if u r serious and fearful of allah to seekthe truth, your choice.I think trying no harm done And 100% chance that you will be believer

Last edited:

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
Aik or baat add karna chahoonga. Sab say zeada qabil e rehem wo log hain jin ka koi bhi mazhab nahi, soch kai dekhain. Its like bunyaad hi nahi koi. Isi liyay I always believe kai wo log kon ka koi mazhab hai or wo kisi na kisi tareeqay say Allah ko pukartay hain wo bahtar hainun say jin ka koi khuda nahi. Un baycharon kai pass to koi umeed hi nahi. Us say barh kai qabil e rehem koi nahi ho sakta.

Rambler

Great - You are a very courageous person. I am very cowardly and if their is even a 1% chance that there is an all power deity then I would not risk it especially when the teachings are all beneficial to my worldly life, but good on you for taking the bold step - Enjoy your life and hope that your conscious [sic] does not reboot after you die.

Last edited:

Rambler

میں آپ کو دعوت دیتا ہوں کہ اللہ سے گڑ گڑا کر اپنے کہے اور کیے کی معافی مانگیں اور آئیندہ ایسا نہ کرنے کا عہد کریں . اللہ بڑا رحیم اور بڑا کریم ہے وہ سچے دل سے کی گئی توبہ کو قبول کرنے پر قادر ہے

دعا ہے کہ اللہ اپنے لطف و کرم سے آپکے دل کی سختی کو دور کرے اور آپکو صراط مستقیم پر چلنے کی ہدایت اور توفیق دے . آمین

Dr Sahib, people like you are the salt of the earth. You worry about other people more than about your own life. This is the hall mark of great people. I would leave this poor guy to his own devices but you still came out with the call towards the right path. May Allah reward you for this.