To the youth, Why should you question your religion???

Dr Adam

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Dr Sahib, people like you are the salt of the earth. You worry about other people more than about your own life. This is the hall mark of great people. I would leave this poor guy to his own devices but you still came out with the call towards the right path. May Allah reward you for this.
👆
This is Matthew 5:13 and are words of Jesus to his disciples. Yeh toh bohat ooncha martabah hai mayray bhaia, kahan woh naik log aur kahan hum gunah-gaar...Allah, Allah.

Ho sakta hai zindagi kay kisi more per Allah thread starter kee mojoodah soch badal dey aur yeh phir sey Rajoo ker lay. After all he was born as a Muslim. Mayray nazdeek iss zameen per eik eik Musalman kee zindagi bohat azeez hai.

Thank you for the kind words and Aameen.

AliSher

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
I know i will get a lot of abuse from religion's bashers, but its price worth paying for encouraging youth to seek knowledge and make informed decision.

The reason, i left Islam, because there are many things that any sane person, can not defend in Islam. When i started questioning, it was obvious to me that religion is man made idea to satisfy his curiosity and there is no God/ No heaven/ No Hell, when you die, that’s end of your life so make best of your life that you have and enjoy every single moment of it. because when you die, you will have no conscious and you will stop to exist, just like before you were born, you had no conscious.

The religion is the main reason for the many suffering of humanity today, e.g. Palestine/Israel conflict.

Following are key question, one should ask himself

1-Why you follow the religion that you practice, Is it because you were born into certain religion? is that a good reason to spend your life? you could have been born into Hinduism/Sikhs etc.

2- The strength of any religion lies in fear. Because for most of people, questioning religion is a big No/ NO, It’s an insult to any human being with a brain not to question something which he perfectly capable of, but just because of fear, you does not question it, but spends his entire life on the basis of it.

3-Would you follow a religion where religion preacher does not practice, what he preaches? most likely not. As per Quran (surah Nisa 4, verse 3) Muslim can have 4 wives, but Prophet, himself was married to11 (some sources have 14 wife), at least 9 of them were alive at time of his death, this contradicts Quran.

4- As per Hadiths, Prophet married to Aisha when she was 6 and consumed his marriage at the age of 9. Now using your common sense, is 9 year old mentally ready for sex or if she becomes pregnant6, her body would be able to support/bear the stress/pain of pregnancy/child birth?? if you have to explain this to non-Muslim, can you justify it, personally, i could not. There might be many excuses, i can not see how you can justify it Infront of some one who is non muslim. There is a video of Zakir naik on youtuber confirming her age but the reason that he gave does not address that question that i have

5-A Muslim in janaat will get 72 hoors/virgins, but the question is what would women get, one man for 72 women, the poor women will be at disadvantage, for them that’s not as reward in Jannat , that’s a punishment. I asked this question previously, never got any answer that logical mind would accept.

6- One of prophet wife (i think Sofia) was a slave captured after one of the war against Jewish, she was wife of tribe leader, who was killed after the war (Thats what i learned from the research, you can do your research). Prophet married to here after the war. Now the question comes, if a women loses her husband, would she be willing to marry a person, responsible for his killing, most likely not, so where Muslim claim, Prophet was rehmat-ul-alamine, (rehmat for all mankind), but clearly for her, he was not.

7- Similarly, Islam did not abolish slavery, it was practiced after prophet death. How could Islam/prophet be any "rehmat", does not matter, how good your master is, by not abolishing slavery, it left door open for suffering of many human slave.

8-There are currently, Some where 16-18 religion in the world ,with at least one million or more follower. By some estimate, there are more than 1000 religions in the world, and then there are sub religion (or sect e.g. Sunni, Shia, catholic, protestant), by probability, at most, only one of them could be a true religion, or most likely not even one, because it not possible that at the same time, Islam and Hinduism can be a true religion. so what is the possibility that the one you follow is correct.

All religions have same issues, when you apply logic they don’t satisfy human mind, its not something unique, I would just encourage you to question your religion, and try to find answer yourself, you may arrive at different conclusion than me, that’s perfect as long as you have used YOUR brain and don’t follow something blindly.
1. 100% with you on this, question everything.
2. All the comments here have one thing in common, the sense of false supiriority which comes mainly in Islam.
3. if 2+2 dont add up , don't believe it.
4. the main defence for everything muslims have is:
a. Your mind is not capable of knowing what god knows
b. You are not looking at it in the right context
c. It was a different culture and different time back then
5. Sadly, the state Pakistan is in is mainly religion and then army.
6. All his non-sense about afterlife, there has been no one who has come back from the dead to tell you guys.
7. for me I don't care much about god, he could exsist or not doesnt really affect me. as for afterlife, ill cross that bridge when i get there.

Just curious on the claim, that Quran is not a man made book? before you answer, i would appriciate irrefutable evidence. Not just, becuase no human can write a book that well. hmmm.

Now... let the bashing begin...

Last edited:

AliSher

Main point is existence of God, and we have to offer you only Quran for arguments, because it is the word of THE GOD, our own human words and argument are nothing in front of the almighty who gave us this book.

Reading the Quran one clearly recognizes that this is not a book made by man. Nor by any other worldly creature. One suddenly becomes humble Infront of the words of this book and recognizes that these are the words of the creator of the world .......

Your other arguments are simply strawman in my view, they involve facts that we disagree are true, and you insist are true so the burden of proof is on you not us .......
respectfully, how do you know for a fact this is the word of God?
just because you become humble can be because of how your mind was conditioned.

AliSher

All these questions raised are result of lack of knowledge and knowledge of Islam. You will get all the answers when you actually think and try to make sense od everything. In quran you have all the answers. You just need to have the basic intellect to understand.
respectfully, this is a classic example of false superiority that if you question islam, you are beneath intellect.

AliSher

Main point is existence of God, and we have to offer you only Quran for arguments, because it is the word of THE GOD, our own human words and argument are nothing in front of the almighty who gave us this book.

Reading the Quran one clearly recognizes that this is not a book made by man. Nor by any other worldly creature. One suddenly becomes humble Infront of the words of this book and recognizes that these are the words of the creator of the world .......

Your other arguments are simply strawman in my view, they involve facts that we disagree are true, and you insist are true so the burden of proof is on you not us .......
there is no burden of proof on him, he is just asking to question your religion. you can go believe what ever you like. he is not stopping you.

AliSher

آپ نے اسلام چھوڑا، برا کیا . اس کا اللہ کریم پر کوئی اثر پڑا؟؟ زیرو . اس حالت میں موت آ گئی تو جہنم کی آگ آپ کا انتظار کر رہی ہے . اس کا حل کیا ہے؟؟ اللہ سے دوبارہ رجوع

میں آپ کو دعوت دیتا ہوں کہ اللہ سے گڑ گڑا کر اپنے کہے اور کیے کی معافی مانگیں اور آئیندہ ایسا نہ کرنے کا عہد کریں . اللہ بڑا رحیم اور بڑا کریم ہے وہ سچے دل سے کی گئی توبہ کو قبول کرنے پر قادر ہے

دعا ہے کہ اللہ اپنے لطف و کرم سے آپکے دل کی سختی کو دور کرے اور آپکو صراط مستقیم پر چلنے کی ہدایت اور توفیق دے . آمین
mahtaram, jis nay dharam chora hay, us nay dharam main rah kay bhi to dekha hoga ?

AliSher

Dr Sahib, people like you are the salt of the earth. You worry about other people more than about your own life. This is the hall mark of great people. I would leave this poor guy to his own devices but you still came out with the call towards the right path. May Allah reward you for this.
I agree. Good on you Dr Sahab.

AliSher

Aik or baat add karna chahoonga. Sab say zeada qabil e rehem wo log hain jin ka koi bhi mazhab nahi, soch kai dekhain. Its like bunyaad hi nahi koi. Isi liyay I always believe kai wo log kon ka koi mazhab hai or wo kisi na kisi tareeqay say Allah ko pukartay hain wo bahtar hainun say jin ka koi khuda nahi. Un baycharon kai pass to koi umeed hi nahi. Us say barh kai qabil e rehem koi nahi ho sakta.
another classic example of Islamic high horse. if you dont believe in god, you are pathetic.

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
respectfully, how do you know for a fact this is the word of God?
just because you become humble can be because of how your mind was conditioned.

thank you, i appreciate your question. See, i am a very bookish person and fond of technical details and knowledge. From age 12 almost, i am not exaggerating i may have read at least 4000 books ( i am not counting 200 books of ibn e saif and inspector faridi series ), their is a library in front of my house and only it contains about 10,000 books. I would come home from school and then straight go to library, often the librarian would wonder that this kid sometimes take a book from history, then he reads Arabic, then he reads scientific history, then he reads spy novels, then goes to Urdu novels and then into physics books, but my curiosity and knowledge would only increase and even today now i have the same pattern daily, I read like mad from all the knowledge of the world, and internet has even made me more hungry, you would think i am lying but still i wanted to give you a context ....

Now fast forward, why i think Quran is word of God, because their are ayahs of righteousness, i know and understand without righteousness mankind would collapse, how would children grow in an environment where there is no righteousness. What would be the conduct of humans with each other then, we are not some beasts.

There are ayats in Quran and many times repeated of pondering on the birth of a baby. how a cell becomes a full fledged baby, i have devoured the details and it is such a complex process, how some stem cells form eyes, others form heart, how are they in synchronicity during this entire movement of creation. Just read on embryology science and how scientists are baffled by the way stem cell weave the whole baby.

Quran says God has given you intellect, where does this intellect comes from, how are my neural networks in the brain forming this engine of intellect, how are memories stored and how does the job is done by my mind when needed. Believe me my field is now mostly neuroscience and artificial intelligence and i am in communication with top 10 people in the field with citations of more than 1 lac for their research papers and everyone is wondering where is this intellect arising in a human. You have to show a machine 100,000 pictures of a horse and then modern AI recognizes this, but a small child sees a horse one time and then recognizes it for the lifetime.

Quran says you have Rooh i.e spirit what is this spirit/consciousnesses awareness. Roger penrose, the noble prize winner scientist says there is come quantum physics going on, computer science guys disagree and say no this is only neurons connections nothing else, i am going with roger penrose with some benefit of the doubt. But this is a big mystery, why can we not capture a person's consciousnesses, why can we not detect it getting off from a person when he dies. Where does he go.

Quran says we have made this universe such that a man can conquer it, the biggest question of current age is why is universe understandable, you can read papers "The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences" is a 1960 article by the physicist Eugene Wigner.

Quran says, think and ponder on how birds are staying in the air ( i am baffled by this direction of God to humans ) , when i read the Bernoulli equations and its applications on a flying wing, the top aerospace scientists tell that we don't know how the Bernoulli equation computes an airlift phenomena. read for example https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-one-can-explain-why-planes-stay-in-the-air/

The more i read Quran, the more i become humble and understand that without righteousness we would collapse, and also i become interested in creation of God and the science becomes my tools to ponder beyond heavens.

God has challenged humans and jinn in Quran in Surah e Rahman to go beyond this earth and heaven, what ? , go beyond meaning we go beyond even the big bang, can we do it, this is now my current focus to invent technology that takes us even beyond the big bang., And see what is going on, Quran makes your mind so vast and big that you are baffled ...........

There are many many other things in Quran which baffle your mind and make you think, i told you like 7 only.

I say, after all this that Quran is a word of the God, i have no other explanation ... The books says it is from one God then it is indeed from the one God ...........

Last edited:

Raza888

Councller (250+ posts)
thank you, i appreciate your question. See, i am a very bookish person and fond of technical details and knowledge. From age 12 almost, i am not exaggerating i may have read at least 4000 books ( i am not counting 200 books of ibn e saif and inspector faridi series ), their is a library in front of my house and only it contains about 10,000 books. I would come home from school and then straight go to library, often the librarian would wonder that this kid sometimes take a book from history, then he reads Arabic, then he reads scientific history, then he reads spy novels, then goes to Urdu novels and then into physics books, but my curiosity and knowledge would only increase and even today now i have the same pattern daily, I read like mad from all the knowledge of the world, and internet has even made me more hungry, you would think i am lying but still i wanted to give you a context ....

Now fast forward, why i think Quran is word of God, because their are ayahs of righteousness, i know and understand without righteousness mankind would collapse, how would children grow in an environment where there is no righteousness. What would be the conduct of humans with each other then, we are not some beasts.

There are ayats in Quran and many times repeated of pondering on the birth of a baby. how a cell becomes a full fledged baby, i have devoured the details and it is such a complex process, how some stem cells form eyes, others form heart, how are they in synchronicity during this entire movement of creation. Just read on embryology science and how scientists are baffled by the way stem cell weave the whole baby.

Quran says God has given you intellect, where does this intellect comes from, how are my neural networks in the brain forming this engine of intellect, how are memories stored and how does the job is done by my mind when needed. Believe me my field is now mostly neuroscience and artificial intelligence and i am in communication with top 10 people in the field with citations of more than 1 lac for their research papers and everyone is wondering where is this intellect arising in a human. You have to show a machine 100,000 pictures of a horse and then modern AI recognizes this, but a small child sees a horse one time and then recognizes it for the lifetime.

Quran says you have Rooh i.e spirit what is this spirit/consciousnesses awareness. Roger penrose, the noble prize winner scientist says there is come quantum physics going on, computer science guys disagree and say no this is only neurons connections nothing else, i am going with roger penrose with some benefit of the doubt. But this is a big mystery, why can we not capture a person's consciousnesses, why can we not detect it getting off from a person when he dies. Where does he go.

Quran says we have made this universe such that a man can conquer it, the biggest question of current age is why is universe understandable, you can read papers "The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics in the Natural Sciences" is a 1960 article by the physicist Eugene Wigner.

Quran says, think and ponder on how birds are staying in the air ( i am baffled by this direction of God to humans ) , when i read the Bernoulli equations and its applications on a flying wing, the top aerospace scientists tell that we don't know how the Bernoulli equation computes an airlift phenomena. read for example https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/no-one-can-explain-why-planes-stay-in-the-air/

The more i read Quran, the more i become humble and understand that without righteousness we would collapse, and also i become interested in creation of God and the science becomes my tools to ponder beyond heavens.

God has challenged humans and jinn in Quran in Surah e Rahman to go beyond this earth and heaven, what ? , go beyond meaning we go beyond even the big bang, can we do it, this is now my current focus to invent technology that takes us even beyond the big bang., And see what is going on, Quran makes your mind so vast and big that you are baffled ...........

There are many many other things in Quran which baffle your mind and make you think, i told you like 7 only.

I say, after all this that Quran is a word of the God, i have no other explanation ... The books says it is from one God then it is indeed from the one God ...........
This is a good explanation of the religion even if it doesn't answer the questions posted by the thread starter.
As you are very knowledgeable person in both religion and science, could I ask you some questions for clarification please:
As you explained in your post that Quran asks humans to explore universe beyond the big bang. Is it not written in Quran that there are 7 skies? And humans cannot pass beyond even if they try. Please correct me if I am wrong and ignore my ignorance 🙂
Just curious to know

AliSher

Salam KhanWarrior, firstly thank you for being so cool and taking out time to reply.

Uptil this point, i believe you that, you are well read.

How can you say that its a word of God, please give me an example of a sentence from the holy book and sentence from man written book and tell me why you say that its god's word? apart from the obvious that its written in anceint arabic.
My learnings tell me that islam is a recycled version of judism and christianity.

Righteousness in my belief does not come from a holy book or god, one is born with it. for e.g. a child in the remotest part of papua new genea who has had no contact with religion will still not kick a puppy in the face. empathy is inbuilt. If religion had anything to do with empathy or righteousness, its been 1400+ years since islam. how much righteousness do you see in Pakistan?

This is technically incorrect. for reference: https://www.quora.com/What-is-speci...escription-of-human-embryological-development
disclaimer: I have not fact checked this in detail. but from the surface seems legit to me.

Yes its true, that till now AI is not as capable of human emotion and intellect. maybe they will never be as good as humans. but that is yet to be seen. there are many unsolved mystries in the world/galaxy.
Just because AI is not as smart as a child is no explaination for there being a god. (there may well be a god, but i am yet to meet him)

again, just becuase we can't capture a persons consciousness does not prove anything significant.

will definately read it. Thank you
very interesting read, and i am a aeronautical enthusiast with actual designing of aerofoils for model planes so i understand lift and all the math that goes behind it.
but just because we dont understand how something works, does not prove anything.
You probably become humble as you might have been mentally conditioned to feel a certain way.
there is no scientific evidence of jinn as well. going back in time via wormholes/timetravel is not taken from the holy book. it may be there but i doubt james webb telescope initiated by reading a verse in quran.

It does not baffle my mind.

I appricaite that that you believe in God and his holy book.
I am personally not against Islam, rather all religions. having said that, if any religion helps anyone do good in this world. I think they are good religious people. and I support their beliefs.

I like to take control of my own doings and contiousness. I (think) do good because of empathy. not because of a supernatural being.

I am well aware that statistically its improbable that of the 1.5billion muslims, I am the smartest one who can challege islam, so i am open to ideas. I consider myself a student and if I am presented evidence that I can not truely refute I will become a believer but till then. I am out, you know how its written, 'hum nay in kay dilon pay mohar laga di hay'

lovely talking to you my friend. may your God bless you.

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
This is a good explanation of the religion even if it doesn't answer the questions posted by the thread starter.
As you are very knowledgeable person in both religion and science, could I ask you some questions for clarification please:
As you explained in your post that Quran asks humans to explore universe beyond the big bang. Is it not written in Quran that there are 7 skies? And humans cannot pass beyond even if they try. Please correct me if I am wrong and ignore my ignorance 🙂
Just curious to know

thanks dear, I think I am knowledgeable but at the same time I am humble that I may not understand things as deeply as an expert in a particular field because he spends a life time in a Field.......

Regarding your question, I have thought about this 7 skies verse of the Quran many times and tried to see what does modern science and physics says. As far I understand, our current universe the whole universe from big bang to till now is just one Sky of the skies mentioned in Quran. In string theory we have dimensions of 10 or 11 , if you listen to Juan maldacena the world expert on string theory he can explain about what other dimensions mean. We have 4 dimensions time along with width, height, length . I have come to the conclusion that these verses might be talking about other dimensional universes. I maybe wrong but this is my best thinking so far, the verse maybe talking about some other heirarchies of the skies but I am more inclined towards dimensional universes ...

ALso you are right that the verse does say you will find fire and smoke and would not be able to pass, but my point is that ALLAH is inviting humans to do this feat and in the verse it is written that you will not pass without the permission of the God, so maybe if we do the try, ALLAH may let us pass through ......

Last edited:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Salah e Aam hay yaran e nuqta dan kay liye,
I will repost the video again so that it come to top for everyone who has doubt. Trust me life is so beautiful without doubts , hate etc. Must have clear mind to achive something. Instead of keyboard useless warrir do something for yourself , your family relatives friends. For the sake of Allah
Its your choice if you want to hate, comes up with nagativity, then become zalim, or give a direction to your life, being nice to neighbours, relative, make your future, earn good money, help other to get jobs. Its upto you if you want to end up having hate for someone in heart, Good bye.

Last thing anyone needs is more of these bhaand moulvis. It is because of these bhaand moulvis and their false beliefs for which they will throw the Quran and the Prophet under the bus to defend them, is the biggest reason people like the OP and subsequent posters have or are leaving the deen, because they have never know the real deen all they have seen and practiced is this corrupted version practiced and promoted by these shaman.

So please spare us.

KhanWarrior

MPA (400+ posts)
Last thing anyone needs is more of these bhaand moulvis. It is because of these bhaand moulvis and their false beliefs for which they will throw the Quran and the Prophet under the bus to defend them, is the biggest reason people like the OP and subsequent posters have or are leaving the deen, because they have never know the real deen all they have seen and practiced is this corrupted version practiced and promoted by these shaman.

So please spare us.

Fully agree, although a few of them do focus on Quran but mostly have the Deen of the stories...

Quran even tells the Prophet to reason with others using arguments in Quran then what value anyone else has ....

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Fully agree, although a few of them do focus on Quran but mostly have the Deen of the stories...

Quran even tells the Prophet to reason with others using arguments in Quran then what value anyone else has ....
They are nothing but the religious version of bhaands and mirasi's. Nothing but story tellers and most of them nothing but israeliyat and fairytales.

Listen to superstar moulvi Tariq Jameel and the magical fairytales he spews from the pulpit make you either LOL or 🙄

Noworriesbehappy

Councller (250+ posts)
Dr Adam ,AliSher, KhanWarrior
Islamabadiya '
Thanks for your replies.

I think, i have raised logical questions, which any thinking human would have in his mind, without disrespecting islam/Prophet, (I may not believe in it but i do understand the sensitivity).

This post was aimed to get people thinking and trying to find answers themselves, they may or may not arrive at the same conclusion as myself and who knows, they may become more attached to islam. It was not to start a tit-far-tat comments fight. (I have been through this in the last few months), therefore i am not going to reply to any of the comments here.

For someone, changing religion does not happen just after reading one post, and trying to convince anyone is futile. Because the starting position of many Muslims is baised and their main aim is to defend Islam. The replies/excuses given are ridiculous to have any meaningful discussion.

e.g. Regarding 72 virgins, someone replied that "Women do not desire sex" 🤔😁😁
I don't know about this person's life experience, but that's definitely not the case.

Another reply to Hazrat Aisha's age was, if she was raped, then it's not possible for someone to become a hafiz 🙄🙄, which is ridiculous, because child rape/sodomy is probably more common in religious madrasas/mosques than normal life in Pakistan.

Another problem is that you don't know what other person accepts a valid source because he is Sunni, Shia, Wahabi etc after you have gone through different sources, and at the end, this person does not accept "Hadis" as a valid source.

Since i left Islam, i am more happy and more satisfied with my life, i have more
empathy towards other humans. I have a better understanding of life and have a completely different way of looking at things.

Last edited:

Raza888

Councller (250+ posts)
thanks dear, I think I am knowledgeable but at the same time I am humble that I may not understand things as deeply as an expert in a particular field because he spends a life time in a Field.......

Regarding your question, I have thought about this 7 skies verse of the Quran many times and tried to see what does modern science and physics says. As far I understand, our current universe the whole universe from big bang to till now is just one Sky of the skies mentioned in Quran. In string theory we have dimensions of 10 or 11 , if you listen to Juan maldacena the world expert on string theory he can explain about what other dimensions mean. We have 4 dimensions time along with width, height, length . I have come to the conclusion that these verses might be talking about other dimensional universes. I maybe wrong but this is my best thinking so far, the verse maybe talking about some other heirarchies of the skies but I am more inclined towards dimensional universes ...
Thanks for that dear.
Actually, it is a pretty reasonable explanation for the verse.
But as you might already know, the more assumptions we add to an equation the more chances of inaccurate results. What I mean by that is we definitely had an explanation of that verse 200 years ago before the invent of string theory, and that must be also a justifiable one as well (like arguments in favour of flat earth looked more logical a few centuries ago than now). As you know science is continuously evolving and we are getting better at understanding things than ever before I am pretty sure we will have a more accurate answer after few more centuries. So, the question arises if it is right to translate the verses of a Holy Book that has an eternal impact with limited knowledge we have at present within a specific window of time. Or our future generations will see us as flat earthers?