Why would Geo give coverage to the IPL!!!??!!?

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
give coverage to the IPL!!!??!!?

Our players were disrespected and embarrassed by the IPL few years ago and they have not been selected for the last 4 tournaments, the IPL is a racist organization!!! Still, our media is giving coverage to the IPL!! How do you guys feel about this?? I think it's a slap on our players!

Pk001

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Geo should be banned for good! and someone should take action against mir khalil ur reham!!

Hindu

The answer is simple.....Geo would give coverage to IPL because there is viewership in pakistan for IPL. TV channels dont work on emotions....they are business organization and would sell stuff that has market and Stuff that makes them money.

Also ,I dont know How IPL can be termed Racist cuz as far as i know ,Players form all races and religion are playing in one team or the other....Whites,blacks,Hindus,MuslimsSikhs....etc.(please correct me if i m wrong)

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Its pathetic but our players should also think about their own respect and of Pakistan as Afridi was talking about their exclusion few days ago (the heading was dont treat us as untouchable). I think many of u have read it.

TheYouth

Senator (1k+ posts)
The answer is simple.....Geo would give coverage to IPL because there is viewership in pakistan for IPL. TV channels dont work on emotions....they are business organization and would sell stuff that has market and Stuff that makes them money.

Also ,I dont know How IPL can be termed Racist cuz as far as i know ,Players form all races and religion are playing in one team or the other....Whites,blacks,Hindus,MuslimsSikhs....etc.(please correct me if i m wrong)

Business organizations should not base decision on politics!!
They are racist against Pakistani players!!

Hindu

Absolute rubbish there is not even 1% viewership for IPL unless pakistani players are playing in IPL.

Its hard for me to buy that arguement for the simple reason that geo has found sponserers for IPL broadcast, The advertizers are not fools to advertise on programmes that have 1% viewership.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)

You are absolutely correct sir. IPL is private organization. they reserve the right whom should they select and whom should they reject.there are many muslim playing in IPL from South Africa, Bangladesh and India. So obviously they are not against muslim.
Pakistani cricketers don't have good reputation in the world (even in IPL). Asif was caught with Drug in Dubai while going from India after Playing IPL so he lost his IPL contact because of his conduct.

IPL owners don't want to take any chance with their teams reputation so they will never select any Pakistani players until Pakistani cricketers will establish good reputation in the world.

IndiaGuy

Senator (1k+ posts)
Its hard for me to buy that arguement for the simple reason that geo has found sponserers for IPL broadcast, The advertizers are not fools to advertise on programmes that have 1% viewership.

IPL TRP in Pakistan is highest among all other program ( 31). most people follow IPL in Pakistan regardless Pakistani players play in IPL or not.As a matter of fact most Pakistani don't follow Pakistani cricket because of the performance of Pakistani cricketers.

FaisalKh

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
You are absolutely correct sir. IPL is private organization. they reserve the right whom should they select and whom should they reject.there are many muslim playing in IPL from South Africa, Bangladesh and India. So obviously they are not against muslim.
Pakistani cricketers don't have good reputation in the world (even in IPL). Asif was caught with Drug in Dubai while going from India after Playing IPL so he lost his IPL contact because of his conduct.

IPL owners don't want to take any chance with their teams reputation so they will never select any Pakistani players until Pakistani cricketers will establish good reputation in the world.

You may be right but u cant accuse and neglect the whole team just because of one player's misconduct. Indian players were also involved in match fixing and other stuff and it is useless to start debate about it but u would definitely admit that India has mixed the Cricket with politics. and by the way there are many reputable players in Pakisatn who have earned much respect all over the world. Spot fixing/Match fixing is done by everyone but only those are caught who r unlucky and when it comes to light. Just for record, I read news about Suresh Raina who was seen with a lady and she was well known to bookies circle. I dont blame him of anything but what he was doing with that lady needs to be justified. Our badluck is we had and still have very selfish and weak Cricket Board chairman (apart from Mr. Tauqeer Zia) who cant defend their players and ruined their career (Shoaib Akhar, Muhammad Zahid) etc... and one more thing Gibbs was also involved in match fixing yet he played in IPL what would u say about this double standard of IPL organization?

Last edited:

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
arey bhayyaa merey, Jew Tv is a business. They see green they turn blue, simple as that. Someone has sponsored them.

Besides yaar, this is sports, watch and enjoy and applaud if your favorite team wins. remember this is just sports, regardless who is playing pakistani players, or Indian Pagal Log (IPL)

arslan4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
Same reason why they show Indian culture in their dramas and Bollywood Award ceremonies. I heard that GEO was partly owned by an Indian.

samar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Na daikhoooo ..................kia gherat sirf cricket tk he....................indian filmain b na daikho ganey b na suno...............kion kr lo ge ya yahan aa k hat jatee he.