They are revoking the rights of foreign Pakistanis to vote in the NA

Islamabadiya

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
they are talking about vote not lawmaking. Why do you accept dollars from them??

No one is forcing them to send
They send for their own families and property investments
Sending usd doenst mean you do all you want and besides there Is no possible mechanism for casting votes

Terminator;

Minister (2k+ posts)
ایک جذباتی "عقیدت مند" کا وڈے دلّےپر
پھولوں کا گملا پھینکنے کی شدید خواہش ۔ ۔ ۔
???

۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔
برطانوی شہری کی سلمان شہباز کو ننگی گالیاں
پہنڑ چودو ۔ ۔ ۔ ۔ ۔کنجرا
لوھا کُوٹنے والے ٹبّر کے ایک نوسرباز سے
والہانہ عقیدت کا ایک دلکش منظر۔ ۔ ۔

???

surfer

All those who have taken oath of allegiance of another country should not be allowed
The constitution already gave this right to dual nationals. This is from before PTI govt. I myself have availed this in 2013 and voted in Lahore, because I happened to be there on holiday.

The change previous govt did was a process change, not a legal change, ie if your vote is registered in a particular constituency, you dont have to be physically present, you can vote from abroad.

surfer

And even if they are allowed, how will the electing process take place ? Can’t make pooling booths on every city
Simple, i-voting. Use 2 Factor Authentication - it's the standard being used by most banks and there are hundreds of companies providing technical solutions. It's not rocket science, and majority of people have mobiles now.

The pilot for this was already run by ECP back in 2018 or 2019 I think.

surfer

No one is forcing them to send
They send for their own families and property investments
Sending usd doenst mean you do all you want and besides there Is no possible mechanism for casting votes
This is a hilarious timeline

ECP saying they need to do pilot - 2 days ago

Perhaps they forget they already did it?

ECP ran pilot in 2018 - 42 months ago -

ECP oks overseas voting rights - 44 months ago

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
And even if they are allowed, how will the electing process take place ? Can’t make pooling booths on every city
Just like every other country that gives its overseas citizens the right to vote in their general elections. Just very recently my Mrs voted in her country's election. Painless without any drama process.

Islamabadiya

Just like every other country that gives its overseas citizens the right to vote in their general elections. Just very recently my Mrs voted in her country's election. Painless without any drama process.

If a workable system with regards to the resources we have can be made then sure why not

surfer

If a workable system with regards to the resources we have can be made then sure why not
ECP ran the pilot 42 months ago (see my previous post), how much more time do you think they need for a "workable system"?

Lets not kid ourselves, govt does not want overseas pakistanis to vote as they feel PTI will benefit the most.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Don't need any resources other than printing extra ballots or preferably EVMs. Pakistani embassies and consulates are all over the world, staff is already present.

All foreign citizens vote in their country's election through their respective embassies and consulates. Bigger countries like Canada and USA have 5 Pakistani consulates and an embassy each. Thats 6 locations in each country and for people who are too far can mail their ballot to the embassy.

Nobody is asking to make polling stations in every city all across the world. That's just stupid.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This is a hilarious timeline

ECP saying they need to do pilot - 2 days ago

Perhaps they forget they already did it?

ECP ran pilot in 2018 - 42 months ago -

ECP oks overseas voting rights - 44 months ago
Niyaat mein khot ho aur EC patwari to phir asa hi hota hai

surfer

Don't need any resources other than printing extra ballots or preferably EVMs. Pakistani embassies and consulates are all over the world, staff is already present.

All foreign citizens vote in their country's election through their respective embassies and consulates. Bigger countries like Canada and USA have 5 Pakistani consulates and an embassy each. Thats 6 locations in each country and for people who are too far can mail their ballot to the embassy.

Nobody is asking to make polling stations in every city all across the world. That's just stupid.
Dude, you dont even need that. i-voting is the way....see my previous post - ECP already did the pilot in 2018. This is also PTI's fault for not pursuing this from day 1.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Dude, you dont even need that. i-voting is the way....see my previous post - ECP already did the pilot in 2018. This is also PTI's fault for not pursuing this from day 1.
Technically you are correct, but duffers like the ECP that say even EVMs can be hacked and released a joke white paper with like 55 or something extremely ridiculous objections like what if someone puts superglue on it.

You expect them to go for i-voting.

surfer

Technically you are correct, but duffers like the ECP that say even EVMs can be hacked and released a joke white paper with like 55 or something extremely ridiculous objections like what if someone puts superglue on it.

You expect them to go for i-voting.
I agree, ECP are useless. But that's exactly my point, they did a ivoting pilot in 2018, and two days ago saying they need to do a pilot!

Lubnakhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
All those who have taken oath of allegiance of another country should not be allowed
Pakistan allows dual nationality with some countries.
Since law of country allows this, how can this lawful act deprive overseas of their other rights??
Having two passports is not subjected to any conditions. So this argument that you present is baseless!

Lubnakhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
خان یہ کام ویسے بھی نہیں روک سکتا تھا۔۔۔ پی ٹی آئی کو وورسیز ووٹرز سے پہلے بہت فائدہ تھا لیکن اسکی کسر پاکستان میں خان کی حالیہ مقبولیت پوری کر لیگا۔۔۔

دوسرا فواد چودھری بھی کہہ رہا تھا کہ نادرا بھی تیار نہیں ہے۔۔ اور میرا نہیں خیال کہ نادرا اتنی جلدی تیاری کر سکتا یے اور اوپر سے الیکشن کمیشن کی ہٹ دھرمی بھی ہے۔۔ پی ٹی آئی حکومت میں ہوتے ہوئے الیکشن کمیشن کیساتھ مقابلہ نہ کر سکی اسکے بعد کیا کر لینگے۔۔۔؟
IK popularity has increased, on top of everything SS has failed miserably .
overseas can make plans to null effects of this new law.

Islamabadiya

Pakistan allows dual nationality with some countries.
Since law of country allows this, how can this lawful act deprive overseas of their other rights??
Having two passports is not subjected to any conditions. So this argument that you present is baseless!

I am just expressing my personal opinion here, oath of allegiance is something serious but if the law allows then no issues