Wasta aur Waseela de kar dua Mangna

crankthskunk

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
To make the whole picture complete, I introduce another verse of the Holy Quran for everyone's attention.
This verse would clarify another misconception created from the word "Aulia" in the minds of Urdu speaking people.

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاء مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَى إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِي مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ (39:3)

39:3 Is it not to God alone that all sincere faith is due? And yet, they who take for their protectors aught beside Him [are wont to say], We worship them for no other reason than that they bring us nearer to God. Behold, God will judge between them [on Resurrection Day] with regard to all wherein they differ [from the truth]: for, verily, God does not grace with His guidance anyone who is bent on lying [to himself and is] stubbornly ingrate!

The holy Quran uses the word "Auliah" translated as "protectors". This exact meaning of the word is used by people who preach or believe that intercession by "Auliah Allah" is allowed in Islam. The Holy Quran clearly warned us all, not to take friends on the pretenses that they could bring us closer or nearer to God, because sincere faith is only due to Allah SWT. He shares His attributes with no one , not even with the Prophets.

BOORIA

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
A o a. Oay maulvio ..oay Allah k walio..Behas der behas main hi phanastay ja rahay ho.apni apni taweelain or itni khainch taan k Quran o Hadees ko Aki doosray say takranay ki koshish.. Bhai logo.. Allah say daro...

1-Dua sirf Allah say hi mangi ja saktki hai thats proven by the Quranic verses. as mentioned by some brothers
2-Hadith k mutabiq Apnay naik Amal ka reference ya wasta diya- as mentioned by some brothers
In dono main takrao kaisa ..Maango sirf Allah say aur apnay naik ammal say faida uthao.. tumharay naik ammal tumharay hi faiday k hain.. . Same word play to mix up things we do and same tricks are done by our scholars to make work of Shaitan easy.

Please only use References from Quran and Hadith and ponder over them with free mind rather then taking the comments of some scholar and thinking that one of them are not true. Quran and Hadith are original. comments by scholar are only his understanding and not final words that is the point where unending de tour starts.

Mughal1

It is very important for us to realise that in the quran verses need to be interpreted conceptually in quranic context because of the nature of the linguistic structuring in the the quran. For example, when the quran says give to Allah, it does not mean literally give to Allah. If it did we will have to search out Allah before we can give anything to Allah. Since we cannot detect Allah there is no question of handing over anything to Allah. This is why hear Allah or call Allah and similarly a whole lot of things need to be understood in a way they make sense. Likewise when we talk about nearness to Allah it is very stupid to think that someone or something is closer in distance to Allah than another thing or person etc.

This has to be understood in sense of goal or purpose or given task by Allah ie how close people are in accomplishing divine will. In other words some people make more effort and work harder than others to fulfil divine mission. That is why Allah tells us in 49/13 that most honoured to him are those who work the most in service of his mission. ITTAQULLAH simply means consistent with divine will. Nothing to do with fearing Allah. Allah tells us right from the start he is RAHMANO RAHEEM and that we should recognise him as our rab because he created us and provided everything for our needs.

Let us think about word RAHEEM. It is from root RAA,HAA and MEEM. Its concrete root meaning is an enclosure that contains all that one needs. This is why the femal womb is called REHM. It is because it has everything a baby will need to develop till its birth. Because Allah has created this system wherein humanity can develop and flourish therefore same root word is used for Allah ie AL RAHEEM the one who takes care of all needs for physical development.

Likewise if we look at AL RAHMAAN which is from same root as AL RAHEEM, it is used because Allah also takes care of psychological needs of mankind. Therefore when it comes to knowledge then it is word RAHMAAN that is used eg see surah 55 AL RAHMAAN. The one who taught the quran.

This does not mean Allah is busy creating individuals but that he has set up his systems and process so that they process his program according to rule of cause and effect. He ensures that all works fine according to his his set out laws. In other words his laws govern everything from a minute to the vast. Because his system works fine i9n nature he uses it as evidence that if people also set up their community according to his constitution and followed his laws then they too will have life worth living. Otherwise they will learn through trial and error and will waste a lot of time and suffer unnecessary along the way in reaching the same goal. It is as if two people go from a to b. One uses his own head only and the other uses his head as well as the road map. Both will reach the destination but one will take longer than the other. However those who do not use their heads either will have no where to go and and they will reach nowhere. They will put themselves through unnecessary troubles.

The concept of islam as a deen and concept of islam as a mazhab lead to very different conclusions. One clearly wrong and the other clearly right. It is because one is make belief and blind faith and the other is firmly founded way of life that leads to destination of peace.

so meaning of waseelah in one context is different from the other. DUWAA is all about calling upon something or someone. You call upon something because you have a problem that you want solution for or you want to accomplish something. So calling upon God means consulting God through trying to understand the quranic solution for the problem.

zikar and shifaa are very important words. Zikar means quran and shifaa means solution for any problems. The question is, how do we solve problems by using the quran? The answer is not what molvies and peers do taweez dhaaga but reading quran for understanding it. When we understand the quran it tells us our goal should be accomplishment of peace=islam in the world. Since this is not a one man show, so it tells us get its message across to others and with help of each other bring about a good human community basing it on the quran as its constitution and regulate it by laws that ensure its maintenance.

Peace between people is not possible without fulfilling certain terms and conditions eg there should be freedom for people from each other's control or slavery, people should deal with each other justly and be fair and compassionate, so that there could comes about brotherhood between them so that they come together and cooperate for progress and be prosperous. This is what life of dignity is all about and rising to heights of excellence. This is how mankind can show that Allah has guided them al-right.

Allah did not create us to sit idle and cry like babies but to learn and reach our destination which is one day mankind are to manage the universe for their own good. Thus reflect the glory of God.

A man is created as a dot and universe is vast. Allah has placed in this dot the potential that has yet to reach its full potential like seed of huge tree that grows into a huge tree.

This is why people with knowledge need to get out of mazhabi mindset and attitude if they want to discover the knowledge that awaits us in the quran. Don't attribute wrong concepts to Allah and rasool. God is Al raheem and Al rahmaan and rasool is rehmatullil aalameen.

It is sad that our mullahs have brought name of our God and prophet into disrepute due to their ignorance or due to their conspiracies on behalf of ruling elite.

Last edited:

Cheeko

Minister (2k+ posts)
:naooz: I have done nothing like this. You should be careful to level such baseless accusation on any Muslims. You conveniently forgot to tell me, how would you know someone is granted the leave for intercession by Allah SWT?

I am questioning your knowledge of the persons who claimed to have direct line to Allah SWT. How you can recognise they are genuine or not? What would happen to you, if they are not genuine? You would waste your life worshiping them than Worshiping your Creator?

Tell me what those polytheists and non-believers do? They ask for their needs from other than Allah SWT, don't they? From statutes to animals, you name it. What is the difference if you ask fulfillment of your needs from a statute or from a grave? Both are built of stones and mud.

As for those who you turn for help, on the day of Judgement they could easily turn around and proclaim in the presence of their Creator, they could not have claimed what is not their right to claim. I quoted you the verse of the Holy Quran about Hadrat Isa :Allaih:
but you didn't pay attention. Here it is again;

5:116 AND LO! God said: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, `Worship me and my mother as deities beside God'?" [Jesus] answered: "Limitless art Thou in Thy glory! It would not have been possible for me to say what I had no right to [say]! Had I said this, Thou wouldst indeed have known it! Thou knowest all that is within myself, whereas I know not what is in Thy Self. Verily, it is Thou alone who fully knowest all the things that are beyond the reach of a created being's perception.

Brother, you should think, if Prophets would be answerable to Allah SWT for the excesses attributed to them by men, what are these insignificant being compared to Prophets of Allah SWT? They would disown you in a giffy. In the end you would be carrying the burden of your misplaced practices and thinking, no one else.
I leave you with the following verse of the Holy Quran, read it and think, how would you know that who would be allow to intercede on your behalf on the Day of the Judgement? Because other than that, there is no intercession by anyone in the Holy Quran.

72:26 He [alone] knows that which is beyond the reach of a created being’s perception and to none does He disclose aught of the mysteries of His Own unfathomable knowledge,

May Allah SWT opens your eyes and everyone else's who had been misguided, Amen.

You might like to quote a verse to prove that my heart is sealed and am deaf and blind because despite you trying your best to twist Quranic verses as per your wishes except my stance remains the same. None of your twisted points were valid enough for a genuine detailed response. You failed miserably.

crankthskunk

You might like to quote a verse to prove that my heart is sealed and am deaf and blind because despite you trying your best to twist Quranic verses as per your wishes except my stance remains the same. None of your twisted points were valid enough for a genuine detailed response. You failed miserably.

I don't need, I can only pray you see the light for your own sake. Otherwise, Like I said, on that day, it would be everyone for himself/herself.

muntazir

In Quran:
Surah Baqrah verse 255:
مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ
"Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by his pe...rmission"
Also,
SUrah Taha verse 109:
يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَنُ وَرَضِيَ لَهُ قَوْلًا
"On that day shall no intercession avail except of him whom the Beneficent God allows and whose word He is pleased with"
Also,
SUrah Sabaa verse 23:
وَلَا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ
"And intercession will not avail aught with Him save of him whom He permits"
Also,
SUrah Najam verse 26:
وَكَم مِّن مَّلَكٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ لَا تُغْنِي شَفَاعَتُهُمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ أَن يَأْذَنَ اللَّهُ لِمَن يَشَاءُ وَيَرْضَى
"And how many an angel is there in the heavens whose intercession does not avail at all except after Allah has given permission to whom He pleases and chooses"
Also,
SUrah Ambia verse 28:
يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يَشْفَعُونَ إِلَّا لِمَنِ ارْتَضَى وَهُم مِّنْ خَشْيَتِهِ مُشْفِقُونَ
"...And they do not intercede except for him whom He approve..."
Also,
SUrah Zakhruf verse 86:
وَلَا يَمْلِكُ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَن شَهِدَ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
"And those whom they call upon besides Him have no authority for intercession, but he who bears witness of the truth and they know (him)"

In Quran Surah Nisaa verse 64:
وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلاَّ لِيُطَاعَ بِإِذْنِ اللّهِ وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذ ظَّلَمُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ جَآؤُوكَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُواْ اللّهَ وَاسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُمُ الرَّسُولُ لَوَجَدُواْ اللّهَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيم...ًا
اور ہم نے کوئی پیغمبر نہیں بھیجا مگر اس لئے کہ اللہ کے حکم سے اس کی اطاعت کی جائے، اور (اے حبیب!) اگر وہ لوگ جب اپنی جانوں پر ظلم کر بیٹھے تھے آپ کی خدمت میں حاضر ہو جاتے اوراللہ سے معافی مانگتے اور رسول(صلی اللہ علیہ وآلہ وسلم) بھی ان کے لئے مغفرت طلب کرتے تو وہ (اس وسیلہ اور شفاعت کی بنا پر) ضرور اللہ کو توبہ قبول فرمانے والا نہایت مہربان پاتے

And finally very straight order by Allah to search fo "Waseela" In Surah Maidah verse 35:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ اتَّقُواْ اللّهَ وَابْتَغُواْ إِلَيهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُواْ فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ
اے ایمان والو! ا...ﷲ سے ڈرتے رہو اور اس (کے حضور) تک (تقرب اور رسائی کا) وسیلہ تلاش کرو اور اس کی راہ میں جہاد کرو تاکہ تم فلاح پاجاؤ
"O Believers! Fear Allah persistently and keep looking for means to (approach and get closer to) Him and strive hard in His way so that you may prosper

And here Allah tell us dat Ambia A.S also look for waseela fo mediation 2 dere LORD..In SUrah Bani-Israel verse 57:
أُولَـئِكَ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ يَبْتَغُونَ إِلَى رَبِّهِمُ الْوَسِيلَةَ أَيُّهُمْ أَقْرَبُ وَيَرْجُونَ رَحْمَتَهُ وَيَخَافُو...نَ عَذَابَهُ إِنَّ عَذَابَ رَبِّكَ كَانَ مَحْذُورًا
یہ لوگ جن کی عبادت کرتے ہیں (یعنی ملائکہ، جنّات، عیسٰی اور عزیر علیہما السلام وغیرھم کے بت اور تصویریں بنا کر انہیں پوجتے ہیں) وہ (تو خود ہی) اپنے رب کی طرف وسیلہ تلاش کرتے ہیں کہ ان میں سے (بارگاہِ الٰہی میں) زیادہ مقرّب کون ہے اور (وہ خود) اس کی رحمت کے امیدوار ہیں اور (وہ خود ہی) اس کے عذاب سے ڈرتے رہتے ہیں، (اب تم ہی بتاؤ کہ وہ معبود کیسے ہو سکتے ہیں وہ تو خود معبودِ برحق کے سامنے جھک رہے ہیں)، بیشک آپ کے رب کا عذاب ڈرنے کی چیز ہے

muntazir

The prophet Sulaiman (AS) seeked help from people and Jinns with him to bring for him the throne of Bilqees. (Sulaiman said: O you chiefs, who (from you ) can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?) (27: 38). The question to Wahabis is: Why has Sulaiman not asked Allah directly, but instead asked people.

Prophet Musa (AS) and the pious servant of Allah, Al-Khidhr (Khizr) seeked help from the people of a village (Till they came to a village, they asked the people of the village to feed them) (Al-Kahf: 74). The question to Wahabis is: Why did not Musa and Al-Khizr ask Allah directly, but instead asked people to feed them? Can Wahabis claim that Musa and Khizr were polytheists?

The prophet Yousuf (AS) asked the prisoner with him when he was to be discharged to remember him with his Lord (the King) (sura Yousuf: 42). Ask the Wahabis: Why did prophet Yousuf (AS) need to seek help from as ex-prisoner to remember him with the King? Why did not Yousuf (AS) seek help from Allah directly?

The follower of Musa (AS) seeked help from Musa to support him against their enemy (Sura Qasas: 15)
The great prophet Musa (AS) did not object on his follower when he called him: O Musa, Help (which is exactly like Ya Nabi Madad, or Ya Ali Madad), on the contrary, He responded positively to his call for help and killed their enemy. If it was wrong to seek help from Musa (AS), He should have rejected to respond to the wrong, and told his follower to seek help directly from Allah as Wahabis claim.

In fact this Quranic verse alone carries enough evidence on the fact that seeking help from Allah’s pious servants is completely right and it goes in accordance with Quran and the acts of the prophets.

The sons of the prophet Ya’qoob (Jacob) (AS) seeked from their father to pray for their forgiveness (They said O our father, seek forgiveness for us from our sins) (Yousuf: 97). The prophet Ya’qoob did not reply them to go and seek forgiveness directly from Allah, but responded positively to their request and said (I will pray to my Lord for your forgiveness) (Yousuf: 98).

Allah (SWT) encourages us in Quran to seek the intervention of the Apostle (SAWA) for our forgiveness. (And had they when they did wrong on themselves, come to you (O Apostle) and seeked their forgiveness, they would have found Allah forgiving and merciful) (4: 64). Ask the Wahabis: Why Allah is encouraging us to go to His Apostle for seeking forgiveness, and why did He mention the Apostle seeking our forgiveness along with our seeking forgiveness from Allah?

Night_Hawk

Siasat.pk - Blogger
5:35 to top

5_35.png
Sahih International
O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means [of nearness] to Him and strive in His cause that you may succeed.

Muhsin Khan
O you who believe! Do your duty to Allah and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.

Pickthall
O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah, and seek the way of approach unto Him, and strive in His way in order that ye may succeed.

Shakir
O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful.

Dr. Ghali
O you who have believed, be pious to Allah and seek (close) proximity to Him, and strive in His way, that possibly you would prosper.

modern.fakir

Brother Crank, the context is well defined within the versus an no doubt the versus do reflect the Makkan times but the instructions are for Muslims .

Here is the context from one of the tafsirs :

To achieve this object, punishments have been prescribed for those who create chaos in the Islamic State, and the Believers have been urged to exert their utmost to establish the Right Way; the sanctity of property has also been emphasized. 33 - 40

So clearly the way of the Believers could not be better than following the example of our Prophet pbuh. Within this regard lets me present to you an excerpt from Sheikh Ibne Taimiyyah regarding the versus i discussed to see what context HE held those versus in:

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book "al-qaida al-jaleela fit- tawwasali wal-waseela", with commentary of Rabi'a bin Hadi 'Umayr al-Mudkhali, Professor in the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwara, page 6, paragraph 9:

QUOTE -
"Muslims agreed that the Prophet (SAWS) is the greatest of creation, the highest in rank and superiority and the most glorified and honored in the presence of Allah (SWT) and no other creation is better to Allah than the Prophet (SAWS) and no other shafa'a is greater than hisshafa'a. ['aazamu al-khalqi jaahan 'ind-Allahi laa jaahun li - makhluqin 'inda-Allahi 'aazamu min jaahihi wa laa shafa'atun 'aazamu min shafa'atih]

He mentioned in the same book, page 4, para. 4:
"the Prophet (SAWS) is the intercessor of all creation [shafi'a al-khala'iq] and the owner of the Maqaam al-Mahmoud, that was the aspiration those who came before and those who came after, and he is the greatest of intercessors [shufa'a] and the highest in glory and superiority in Allah's Presence."

Ibn Taymiyya says in the same book on page 3, para. 2:
"Allah has sent his Prophet (SAWS) to Jinn and Mankind and everyone has to follow him and believe in him and to follow him inwardly (Baatin) and outwardly (Dhaahir) and to believe in the Prophet (SAWS) and to follow him is the only way for Allah (SWT) and the only way for the religion of Allah (SWT) and it is the worship of Allah(SWT) and it is the obedience of Allah (SWT), and all these are the way of the Friends of Allah [awliya-Allah], and all this is the the means [waseela] that Allah (SWT) has ordered His servants to follow when He said in the Holy Qur'an -"Yaa ayyuhalladheena aamanu ittaqullaha wabtaghaw ilayhi al-waseela" ( Meaning - O' Ye who believe! Fear Allah (SWT) and seek the means of approach unto Him".

And the means to seek Allah (SWT) is that one who will ask Allah (SWT) by the intercession and the means of faith in His Prophet (SAWS) in and following him".
[Al-Maaida - 35]
Ibn Taymiyya states on page 12, para. 18:"It is agreed between the Sahaba, and the Tabi'een and the Four Imams Maliki, Shafi'i, Hanafi and Hanbali, that the Prophet (SAWS) will intercede for the sinners of his Ummah."

So clearly you can see from the above that the "context" be the treaty or whatever in this case, the commands for the Muslims remain the same and Tawassul is definitely a command to be followed as it was the practice of the Sahabah and the tabieen.

Having said this ...Can you show me any proof scholarly or otherwise where this is not the case ?

Last edited:

mediator

Beloved brother in Islam, to assume that by invoking in the unseen the righteous imams, or the noble companions of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), or even the Noble Prophet (PBUH) himself, or invoking anyone in the Universe other than the One and Only True Lord of the Worlds, would be a clear and manifest form of the unforgivable crime of shirk in Islam.
To assume that any of the pious departed slaves of Allah (SWT), or anyone else in creation other than Allah (SWT) Alone can hear ones invocations in the unseen, let alone has the power and ability to answer them or get them answered, is a clear and manifest form of the most heinous of sins: shirk with Allah. One of the Noble and Exclusive Attributes of Allah (SWT) is that He Alone is the All-Hearing. To assume that anyone or anything in creation can hear us in the unseen, let alone having the ability and power to answer or respond to our invocations, is to share one of Allah (SWT)s Exclusive and Sole Attributes with one amongst His creation; and that is a clear and manifest form of the sin of shirk!
There is not a major Surah in the Quran, where Allah (SWT) has not warned the believers against this heinous practice and abomination of taking wasila, or invoking others with Allah (SWT) in the unseen! The noble and pious departed slaves of Allah (SWT) never advocated such a practice, nor did it behove them to do so!
Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 16 Surah Al Nahl verse 20-21:

وَالَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ لَا يَخْلُقُونَ شَيْئًا وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ

Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created.

اور جنہیں الله کے سوا پکارتے ہیں وہ کچھ بھی پیدانہیں کرتے اور وہ خود پیدا کیے ہوئے ہیں

أَمْوَاتٌ غَيْرُ أَحْيَاءٍ ۖ وَمَا يَشْعُرُونَ أَيَّانَ يُبْعَثُونَ

(They are things) dead, lifeless: nor do they know when they will be raised up.

وہ تو مردے ہیں جن میں جان نہیں اور وہ نہیں جانتے کہ لوگ کب اٹھائے جائیں گے

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 10 Surah Yunus verse 66:

أَلَا إِنَّ لِلَّهِ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَن فِي الْأَرْضِ ۗ وَمَا يَتَّبِعُ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ شُرَكَاءَ ۚ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَإِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا يَخْرُصُونَ

Behold! verily to Allah belong all creatures, in the heavens and on earth. What do they follow who worship as His "partners" other than Allah. They follow nothing but fancy, and they do nothing but lie.

خبردار جو کوئی آسمانوں میں ہے اور جو کوئی زمین میں ہے سب الله کا ہے اور یہ جو الله کے سوا شریکوں کو پکارتے ہیں وہ نہیں پیروی کرتے مگر گمان کی اور نہیں ہیں وہ مگر اٹکل کرتے ہیں

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 35 Surah Fatir verses 13-14:

يُولِجُ اللَّيْلَ فِي النَّهَارِ وَيُولِجُ النَّهَارَ فِي اللَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِي لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى ۚ ذَ*ٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ ۚ وَالَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ مَا يَمْلِكُونَ مِن قِطْمِيرٍ

He merges Night into Day, and he merges Day into Night, and he has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law): each one runs its course for a term appointed. Such is Allah your Lord: to Him belongs all Dominion. And those whom ye invoke besides Him have not the least power.

وہ رات کو دن میں داخل کرتا ہے اور دن کو رات میں داخل کرتا ہے اور اسی نے سورج اور چاند کو کام میں لگا رکھا ہے ہر ایک وقت مقرر تک چل رہا ہے یہی الله تمہارا رب ہے اسی کی بادشاہی ہے اور جنہیں تم اس کے سوا پکارتے ہو وہ ایک گھٹلی کے چھلکے کے مالک نہیں

إِن تَدْعُوهُمْ لَا يَسْمَعُوا دُعَاءَكُمْ وَلَوْ سَمِعُوا مَا اسْتَجَابُوا لَكُمْ ۖ وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ يَكْفُرُونَ بِشِرْكِكُمْ ۚ وَلَا يُنَبِّئُكَ مِثْلُ خَبِيرٍ

If ye invoke them, they will not listen to your call, and if they were to listen, they cannot answer your (prayer). On the Day of Judgment they will reject your "Partnership". and none, (O man!) can tell thee (the Truth) like the One Who is acquainted with all things.

اگر تم انہیں پکارو تو وہ تمہاری پکار کو نہیں سنتے اور اگر وہ سن بھی لیں تو تمہیں جواب نہیں دیتے اور قیامت کے دن تمہارے شرک کا انکار کر دیں گے اور تمہیں خبر رکھنے والے کی طرح کوئی نہیں بتائے گا

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 46 Surah Al Ahqaf verses 4-6:

قُلْ أَرَأَيْتُم مَّا تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ أَرُونِي مَاذَا خَلَقُوا مِنَ الْأَرْضِ أَمْ لَهُمْ شِرْكٌ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ ۖ ائْتُونِي بِكِتَابٍ مِّن قَبْلِ هَـٰذَا أَوْ أَثَارَةٍ مِّنْ عِلْمٍ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

Say: "Do ye see what it is ye invoke besides Allah. Show me what it is they have created on earth, or have they a share in the heavens bring me a book (revealed) before this, or any remnant of knowledge (ye may have), if ye are telling the truth!

کہہ دو بھلا بتاؤ تو سہی جنہیں تم الله کے سوا پکارتے ہو مجھے دکھاؤ کہ انہوں نے زمین میں کون سی چیز پیدا کی ہے یا آسمانوں میں ان کا کوئی حصہ ہے میرے پاس اس سے پہلے کی کوئی کتاب لاؤ یا کوئی علم چلا آتا ہو وہ لاؤ اگر تم سچے ہو

وَمَنْ أَضَلُّ مِمَّن يَدْعُو مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَن لَّا يَسْتَجِيبُ لَهُ إِلَىٰ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ وَهُمْ عَن دُعَائِهِمْ غَافِلُونَ

And who is more astray than one who invokes besides Allah, such as will not answer him to the Day of Judgment, and who (in fact) are unconscious of their call (to them)?

اور اس سے بڑھ کر کون گمراہ ہے جو الله کےسوا اسےپکارتا ہے جو قیامت تک اس کے پکارنے کا جواب نہ دے سکے اور انہیں ان کے پکارنے کی خبر بھی نہ ہو

وَإِذَا حُشِرَ النَّاسُ كَانُوا لَهُمْ أَعْدَاءً وَكَانُوا بِعِبَادَتِهِمْ كَافِرِينَ

And when mankind are gathered together (at the Resurrection), they will be hostile to them and reject their worship (altogether)!

او ر جب لوگ جمع کئےجائیں گے تو وہ ان کے دشمن ہو جائیں گے اور ان کی عبادت کے منکر ہوں گے

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 39 Surah Al Zumar verse 2-3:

إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ فَاعْبُدِ اللَّهَ مُخْلِصًا لَّهُ الدِّينَ

Verily it is We Who have revealed the Book to thee in Truth: so serve Allah, offering Him sincere devotion.

بے شک ہم نے یہ کتاب ٹھیک طور پر آپ کی طرف نازل کی ہے پس تو خالص الله ہی کی فرمانبرداری مدِ نظر رکھ کر اسی کی عبادت کر

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ ۚ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَىٰ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِي مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ

Is it not to Allah that sincere devotion is due? But those who take for protectors other than Allah (say): "We only serve them in order that they may bring us nearer to Allah." Truly Allah will judge between them in that wherein they differ. But Allah guides not such as are false and ungrateful.

خبردار! خالص فرمانبرداری الله ہی کے لیے ہے جنہوں نے اس کے سوا اور کارساز بنا لیے ہیں ہم ان کی عبادت نہیں کرتے مگر اس لیے کہ وہ ہمیں الله سے قریب کر دیں بے شک الله ان کے درمیان ان باتوں میں فیصلہ کرے گا جن میں وہ اختلاف کرتےتھے بے شک الله اسے ہدایت نہیں کرتا جو جھوٹا ناشکرگزار ہو

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 10 Surah Yunus verse 18:

وَيَعْبُدُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ مَا لَا يَضُرُّهُمْ وَلَا يَنفَعُهُمْ وَيَقُولُونَ هَـٰؤُلَاءِ شُفَعَاؤُنَا عِندَ اللَّهِ ۚ قُلْ أَتُنَبِّئُونَ اللَّهَ بِمَا لَا يَعْلَمُ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَلَا فِي الْأَرْضِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

They serve, besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, and they say: "These are our intercessors with Allah." Say: "Do ye indeed inform Allah of something He knows not, in the heavens or on earth?- Glory to Him! and far is He above the partners they ascribe (to Him)!"

اور الله کے سوا اس چیز کی پرستش کرتے ہیں جونہ انہیں نقصان پہنچا سکے اورنہ انہیں نفع دے سکے اور کہتے ہیں الله کے ہاں یہ ہمارے سفارشی ہیں کہہ دو کیا تم الله کو بتلاتے ہو جو اسے آسمانوں اور زمین میں معلوم نہیں وہ پاک ہے اوران لوگو ں کے شرک سے بلند ہے

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 19 Surah Maryam verses 81-82:

وَاتَّخَذُوا مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ آلِهَةً لِّيَكُونُوا لَهُمْ عِزًّا

And they have taken (for worship) gods other than Allah, to give them power and glory!

اور انہوں نے الله کے سوا معبود بنا لیے ہیں تاکہ وہ ان کے مددگار ہوں

كَلَّا ۚ سَيَكْفُرُونَ بِعِبَادَتِهِمْ وَيَكُونُونَ عَلَيْهِمْ ضِدًّا

Instead, they shall reject their worship, and become adversaries against them.

ہرگز نہیں وہ جلد ہی ان کی عبادت کا انکار کریں گے اور ان کے مخالف ہوجائیں گے

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 16 Surah Al Nahl verses 86-87:

وَإِذَا رَأَى الَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا شُرَكَاءَهُمْ قَالُوا رَبَّنَا هَـٰؤُلَاءِ شُرَكَاؤُنَا الَّذِينَ كُنَّا نَدْعُو مِن دُونِكَ ۖ فَأَلْقَوْا إِلَيْهِمُ الْقَوْلَ إِنَّكُمْ لَكَاذِبُونَ

When those who gave partners to Allah will see their "partners", they will say: "Our Lord! these are our 'partners,' those whom we used to invoke besides Thee." But they will throw back their word at them (and say): "Indeed ye are liars!"

اور جب مشرک اپنے شریکوں کو دیکھیں گے تو کہیں گے اے ہمارے رب! یہی ہمارے شریک ہیں جنہیں ہم تیرے سوا پکارتے تھے پھر وہ انہیں جواب دیں گے کہ تم سراسر جھوٹے ہو
وَأَلْقَوْا إِلَى اللَّهِ يَوْمَئِذٍ السَّلَمَ ۖ وَضَلَّ عَنْهُم مَّا كَانُوا يَفْتَرُونَ

That Day shall they (openly) show (their) submission to Allah. and all their inventions shall leave them in the lurch.

اور وہ اس دن الله کے سامنے سر جھکا دیں گے اور بھول جائیں گے وہ جو جھوٹ بناتے تھے

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 7 Surah Al Araf verse 190-196:

فَلَمَّا آتَاهُمَا صَالِحًا جَعَلَا لَهُ شُرَكَاءَ فِيمَا آتَاهُمَا ۚ فَتَعَالَى اللَّهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

But when He giveth them a goodly child, they ascribe to others a share in the gift they have received: but Allah is exalted high above the partners they ascribe to Him.

پھر جب الله نے انکو صحیح سالم اولاد دی تو الله کی دی ہوئی چیزوں میں وہ دونوں الله کا شریک بنانے لگے سو الله ان کے شرک سے پاک ہے

أَيُشْرِكُونَ مَا لَا يَخْلُقُ شَيْئًا وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ

Do they indeed ascribe to Him as partners things that can create nothing, but are themselves created?

کیا ایسوں کو شریک بناتے ہیں جو کچھ بھھی نہیں بنا سکتے اور وہ خود بنائے ہوئے ہیں

وَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ لَهُمْ نَصْرًا وَلَا أَنفُسَهُمْ يَنصُرُونَ

No aid can they give them, nor can they aid themselves!

اور نہ وہ ان کی مدد کر سکتے ہیں اور نہ اپنی ہی مدد کر سکتے ہیں

وَإِن تَدْعُوهُمْ إِلَى الْهُدَىٰ لَا يَتَّبِعُوكُمْ ۚ سَوَاءٌ عَلَيْكُمْ أَدَعَوْتُمُوهُمْ أَمْ أَنتُمْ صَامِتُونَ

If ye call them to guidance, they will not obey: For you it is the same whether ye call them or ye hold your peace!

اور اگر تم انہیں راستہ کی طرف بلاؤ تو تمہاری تابعداری نہ کریں برابر ہے کہ تم انہیں پکارو یا چپکے رہو

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ عِبَادٌ أَمْثَالُكُمْ ۖ فَادْعُوهُمْ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لَكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ

Verily those whom ye call upon besides Allah are servants like unto you: Call upon them, and let them listen to your prayer, if ye are (indeed) truthful!

بے شک جنہیں تم الله کے سوا پکارتے ہو وہ تمہاری طرح کے بندے ہیں پھر انہیں پکار کر دیکھو پھر چاہے کہ وہ تمہاری پکار کو قبول کریں اگر تم سچے ہو

أَلَهُمْ أَرْجُلٌ يَمْشُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ أَيْدٍ يَبْطِشُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ آذَانٌ يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا ۗ قُلِ ادْعُوا شُرَكَاءَكُمْ ثُمَّ كِيدُونِ فَلَا تُنظِرُونِ

Have they feet to walk with? Or hands to lay hold with? Or eyes to see with? Or ears to hear with? Say: "Call your 'god-partners', scheme (your worst) against me, and give me no respite!

کیا ان کے پاؤں ہیں جن سے وہ چلیں یا ان کے ہاتھ ہیں جن سے وہ پکڑیں یا ان کی آنکھیں ہیں جن سے وہ دیکھیں یا ان کے کان ہیں جن سے وہ سنیں کہ تو اپنے شریکوں کو پکارو پھر میری برائی کی تدبیر کرو پھر مجھے ذرا مہلت نہ دو

إِنَّ وَلِيِّيَ اللَّهُ الَّذِي نَزَّلَ الْكِتَابَ ۖ وَهُوَ يَتَوَلَّى الصَّالِحِينَ

"For my Protector is Allah, Who revealed the Book (from time to time), and He will choose and befriend the righteous.

بےشک میرا حمایتی الله ہے جس نے کتاب نازل فرمائی اور وہ نیکو کاروں کی حمایت کرتا ہے

Invoking other beings in creation in the unseen is a clear manifestation of the abomination and the most heinous of sins in the deen of Islam, that is, shirk! Allah (SWT) has singled out this one sin as absolutely unforgivable on the Day of Judgment, and has guaranteed the everlasting and unending punishment of the Fire of Hell to all those who die in the state of shirk, no matter what amount of good deeds they might have done! Such is the gravity of this abomination of shirk or invoking other beings in creation in the Sight of Allah (SWT), the One and Only Lord of the Worlds!

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Al Maidah verse 72:

لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ۖ وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ ۖ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ ۖ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ​

They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

البتہ تحقیق وہ لوگ کافر ہوئے جنہوں نے کہا بے شک الله وہی مسیح مرین کا بیٹا ہی ہے حالانکہ مسیح نے کہا اے بنی اسرائیل اس الله کی بندگی کرو جو میرا اور تمہارا رب ہے بے شک جس نے الله کا شریک ٹھیرایا سو الله نے اس پر جنت حرام کی اور اس کا ٹھکانا دوزخ ہے اور ظالموں کا کوئی مددگار نہیں ہو گا

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Al Nisa Verse 48:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَ*ٰلِكَ لِمَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَمَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ افْتَرَىٰ إِثْمًا عَظِيمًا

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.

بے شک الله اسے نہیں بخشتا جو اس کا شریک کرے اور شرک کے ماسوا دوسرےگناہ جسے چاہے بخشتا ہے اور جس نے الله کا شریک ٹھیرایا اس نے بڑا ہی گناہ کیا

Indeed, it is Allah (SWT) ALONE Who can and does hear, and respond to all our invocations. He Alone is the All-Hearing, All-Seeing, All-Knowing, and knows even the inner-most secrets and desires of our hearts. He Alone is the All-Mighty and All-Powerful, and He Alone has the Ability and Means to answer all our invocations. He Alone is our Creator and Sustainer, and He Alone deserves our invocations, our worship, our absolute obedience, and our total and absolute submission! And this is the precise Message of The Oneness of Allah (SWT) or Tawheed that was taught by each and every Messenger of Allah to mankind.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Al Baqarah verse 186:

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

اور جب آپ سےمیرے بندے میرے متعلق سوال کریں تو میں نزدیک ہوں دعاا کرنے والے کی دعا قبول کرتا ہوں جب وہ مجھے پکارتا ہے پھر چاہیئے کہ میرا حکم مانیں اور مجھ پر ایمان لائیں تاکہ وہ ہدایت پائیں
If one takes the term wasila to mean a way or approach to get close to Allah (SWT) with ones taqwa or God-consciousness and ones own righteous good deeds; that is a state highly recommended by Allah (SWT).

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Al Maidah verse 35:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَابْتَغُوا إِلَيْهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُوا فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

O ye who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach unto Him (wasila), and strive with might and main in his cause: that ye may prosper.

اے ایمان والو الله سے ڈرو اور الله کا قرب تلاش کرو اور الله کی راہ میں جہاد کرو تاکہ تم کامیاب ہو جاؤ

If one takes the term wasila out of its original context to mean glorifying, serving, and invoking other beings in creation in the unseen as a way or approach to get things from Allah (SWT), that would be a clear and open manifestation of the abomination of shirk. Your wasila should be your prayers, ibadaats, deeds

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allahs Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

modern.fakir

Brother most of the verses you mentioned here are for the "KUFFAR" NOT muslims. This practice of attributing verses meant for the kuffar on muslims is the ROOT CAUSE of these misunderstandings. If you accept these verses...then do you deny these ??

These are verses of the Quran with several TYPES of Tawassul :)

The Day of Judgment is described as a day on which no intercession will be accepted from the Children of Israel (2:48) or the unbelievers generally speaking (2:254), or the idolaters (10:18, 74:48):

- 2:48: "And guard yourselves against a day when no soul will avail another, nor intercession be accepted from it";

- 2:254: "O believers, spend of that wherewith We have provided you before a day comes when there will be no trafficking, nor friendship, nor intercession. The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers."

- 10:18: "They worship beside Allah that which neither hurts nor profits them, and they say: These are our intercessors with Allah."

- 74:48: "The mediation of no mediators will avail them then."

3.b) In absolute terms intercession belongs to Allah alone:

- 39:43-44: "Or choose they intercessors other than Allah? Say: What! Even though they have power over nothing and have no intelligence? Say: the intercession belongs to Allah."

3.c) A further definition that "intercession belongs to Allah" is that intercession is actually permitted to others than Allah but only by His permission:

- 2:255: "Who should intercede with Him, except by His permission?"

- 10:3: "There is no intercessor save after His permission."

- 19:87: "They will have no power of intercession, save him who has made a covenant with his Lord."

- 43:86: "And those unto whom they cry instead of Him possess no power of intercession, except him who beareth witness unto the truth knowingly."

3.d) Angels are permitted to intercede for whomever Allah wills, specifically among the believers:

- 21:26-28: "And they say: the Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son... Nay, but honored slaves [angels]... and they cannot intercede except for him whom He accepteth, and they quake for awe of Him."

- 40:7: "Those who bear the Throne, and all who are round about it... ask forgiveness for those who believe."

- 42:5: "The angels hymn the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on the earth."

3.e) The intercession of the Prophet in his lifetime is explicitly and frequently established:

- 3:159: "Pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult with them upon the conduct of affairs."

- 4:64: "And if, when they had wronged themselves, they had but come unto thee and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah forgiving, merciful."

- 4:106-107: "And ask forgiveness of Allah (for others). Allah is ever forgiving, merciful. And plead not on behalf of those who deceive themselves."

- 8:33: "But Allah would not punish them while thou wast with them, nor will He punish them while they seek forgiveness."

- 9:80, 84: "Ask forgiveness for them (the hypocrites) or ask not forgiveness for them; though thou ask forgiveness for them seventy times Allah will not forgive them... And never pray for one of them who dieth, nor stand by his grave."

- 9:103: "Pray for them. Lo! thy prayer is an assuagement for them."

- 9:113: "It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of hell-fire."

- 24:62: "If they ask thy leave for some affair of theirs, give leave to whom thou wilt of them, and ask for them forgiveness of Allah."

- 47:19: "Know that there is no god save Allah, and ask forgiveness for thy sin and for believing men and believing women."

- 60:12: "Accept their [believing women's] allegiance and ask Allah to forgive them."

- 63:5-6: "And when it is said unto them: Come! The Messenger of Allah will ask forgiveness for you! they [the hypocrites] avert their faces and thou seest them turning away, disdainful. Whether thou ask forgiveness for them or ask not forgiveness for them, Allah will not forgive them."

3.f) The intercession and mediation of the Prophet on the Day of
Judgment has been established by the consensus of scholars (ijma`)
and is an article of belief in Islam as stated in section 2. The Mu`tazili heresy rejected it, as they held that the man who enters the Fire will remain there forever. The consensus of scholars is based on the principle of permission (see the verses in section 3.c above), on the allusive verses in the present section, and on the more explicit hadiths quoted further below:

- 17:79: "It may be that thy Lord will raise thee to a Praised Station."

- 93:5: "And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content."

3.g) The intercession of the generality of the Prophets as well as the believers has similarly been established by the verses of sections 3.c and 3.e above, i.e. based on permission, and also because Prophets have made a covenant with their Lord
(33:7, 3:81) and do bear witness unto the truth knowingly. The latter is true also of the elite of the believers (3:18: "Allah, the angels, and the men of learning"). There are also the following verses concerning the Prophets' intercession in their lifetime:

- 12:97-98: "And they said: O our father! Ask forgiveness of our sins for us for lo! we were sinful. And he [Jacob] said: I shall ask forgiveness for you of my Lord. He is the forgiving, the merciful."

- 19:47: "He [Abraham] said: Peace unto thee. I shall ask forgiveness of my Lord for thee."

- 60:4: "Abraham promised his father: I will ask forgiveness for thee, though I owe nothing for thee from Allah."

There are also the following verses concerning the believers' intercession in their lifetime:

- 9:113: "It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it has become clear that they are people of hellfire."

- 59:10: "And those who came after them say: Our Lord! forgive us and forgive our believing brothers who lived before us."

As you can see "Tawassul" is established by the very spirit of the Quran in several instances..:)

Beloved brother in Islam, to assume that by invoking in the unseen the righteous imams, or the noble companions of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), or even the Noble Prophet (PBUH) himself, or invoking anyone in the Universe other than the One and Only True Lord of the Worlds, would be a clear and manifest form of the unforgivable crime of ‘shirk’ in Islam.
To assume that any of the pious departed slaves of Allah (SWT), or anyone else in creation other than Allah (SWT) Alone can hear one’s invocations in the unseen, let alone has the power and ability to answer them or get them answered, is a clear and manifest form of the most heinous of sins: ‘shirk’ with Allah. One of the Noble and Exclusive Attributes of Allah (SWT) is that He Alone is the All-Hearing. To assume that anyone or anything in creation can hear us in the unseen, let alone having the ability and power to answer or respond to our invocations, is to share one of Allah (SWT)’s Exclusive and Sole Attributes with one amongst His creation; and that is a clear and manifest form of the sin of ‘shirk’!

أَلَهُمْ أَرْجُلٌ يَمْشُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ أَيْدٍ يَبْطِشُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا ۖ أَمْ لَهُمْ آذَانٌ يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا ۗ قُلِ ادْعُوا شُرَكَاءَكُمْ ثُمَّ كِيدُونِ فَلَا تُنظِرُونِ

Have they feet to walk with? Or hands to lay hold with? Or eyes to see with? Or ears to hear with? Say: "Call your 'god-partners', scheme (your worst) against me, and give me no respite!

کیا ان کے پاؤں ہیں جن سے وہ چلیں یا ان کے ہاتھ ہیں جن سے وہ پکڑیں یا ان کی آنکھیں ہیں جن سے وہ دیکھیں یا ان کے کان ہیں جن سے وہ سنیں کہ تو اپنے شریکوں کو پکارو پھر میری برائی کی تدبیر کرو پھر مجھے ذرا مہلت نہ دو

إِنَّ وَلِيِّيَ اللَّهُ الَّذِي نَزَّلَ الْكِتَابَ ۖ وَهُوَ يَتَوَلَّى الصَّالِحِينَ

"For my Protector is Allah, Who revealed the Book (from time to time), and He will choose and befriend the righteous.

بےشک میرا حمایتی الله ہے جس نے کتاب نازل فرمائی اور وہ نیکو کاروں کی حمایت کرتا ہے

Invoking other beings in creation in the unseen is a clear manifestation of the abomination and ‘the’ most heinous of sins in the deen of Islam, that is, ‘shirk’! Allah (SWT) has singled out this one sin as absolutely ‘unforgivable’ on the Day of Judgment, and has guaranteed the everlasting and unending punishment of the Fire of Hell to all those who die in the state of ‘shirk’, no matter what amount of good deeds they might have done! Such is the gravity of this abomination of ‘shirk’ or invoking other beings in creation in the Sight of Allah (SWT), the One and Only Lord of the Worlds!

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Al Ma’idah verse 72:

لَقَدْ كَفَرَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ ۖ وَقَالَ الْمَسِيحُ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبَّكُمْ ۖ إِنَّهُ مَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدْ حَرَّمَ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ الْجَنَّةَ وَمَأْوَاهُ النَّارُ ۖ وَمَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ مِنْ أَنصَارٍ​

They do blaspheme who say: "(Allah) is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.

البتہ تحقیق وہ لوگ کافر ہوئے جنہوں نے کہا بے شک الله وہی مسیح مرین کا بیٹا ہی ہے حالانکہ مسیح نے کہا اے بنی اسرائیل اس الله کی بندگی کرو جو میرا اور تمہارا رب ہے بے شک جس نے الله کا شریک ٹھیرایا سو الله نے اس پر جنت حرام کی اور اس کا ٹھکانا دوزخ ہے اور ظالموں کا کوئی مددگار نہیں ہو گا

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 4 Surah Al Nisa Verse 48:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَغْفِرُ أَن يُشْرَكَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرُ مَا دُونَ ذَ*ٰلِكَ لِمَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَمَن يُشْرِكْ بِاللَّهِ فَقَدِ افْتَرَىٰ إِثْمًا عَظِيمًا

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed.

بے شک الله اسے نہیں بخشتا جو اس کا شریک کرے اور شرک کے ماسوا دوسرےگناہ جسے چاہے بخشتا ہے اور جس نے الله کا شریک ٹھیرایا اس نے بڑا ہی گناہ کیا

Indeed, it is Allah (SWT) ALONE Who can and does hear, and respond to all our invocations. He Alone is the All-Hearing, All-Seeing, All-Knowing, and knows even the inner-most secrets and desires of our hearts. He Alone is the All-Mighty and All-Powerful, and He Alone has the Ability and Means to answer all our invocations. He Alone is our Creator and Sustainer, and He Alone deserves our invocations, our worship, our absolute obedience, and our total and absolute submission! And this is the precise Message of The Oneness of Allah (SWT) or ‘Tawheed’ that was taught by each and every Messenger of Allah to mankind.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 2 Surah Al Baqarah verse 186:

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ ۖ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ ۖ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

اور جب آپ سےمیرے بندے میرے متعلق سوال کریں تو میں نزدیک ہوں دعاا کرنے والے کی دعا قبول کرتا ہوں جب وہ مجھے پکارتا ہے پھر چاہیئے کہ میرا حکم مانیں اور مجھ پر ایمان لائیں تاکہ وہ ہدایت پائیں
If one takes the term ‘wasila’ to mean a way or approach to get close to Allah (SWT) with one’s ‘taqwa’ or God-consciousness and ones own righteous good deeds; that is a state highly recommended by Allah (SWT).

Allah Says in the Holy Quran Chapter 5 Surah Al Ma’idah verse 35:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَابْتَغُوا إِلَيْهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُوا فِي سَبِيلِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

O ye who believe! Do your duty to Allah, seek the means of approach unto Him (wasila), and strive with might and main in his cause: that ye may prosper.

اے ایمان والو الله سے ڈرو اور الله کا قرب تلاش کرو اور الله کی راہ میں جہاد کرو تاکہ تم کامیاب ہو جاؤ

If one takes the term ‘wasila’ out of its original context to mean glorifying, serving, and invoking other beings in creation in the unseen as a way or approach to get things from Allah (SWT), that would be a clear and open manifestation of the abomination of ‘shirk’. Your ‘wasila’ should be your prayers, ibadaats, deeds

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Last edited:

mediator

Brother most of the verses you mentioned here are for the "KUFFAR" NOT muslims. This practice of attributing verses meant for the kuffar on muslims is the ROOT CAUSE of these misunderstandings. If you accept these verses...then do you deny these ??

Brother! The Pre-Islamic Arabs believed in grave worship, intersession & still believed in Allah. Whoever does the same activities as pre-Islamic Arabs were doing than these verses will apply to them.

modern.fakir

Brother, the pre-islamic arabs worshipped "IDOLS" like the one hindus worship and these idols were destroyed by my AKKA pbuh. And secondly, even if they did worship graves then that was with the intention of those graves as "Idols".

The whole issue is about "INTENTION" :). For a muslim, we know their is only one GOD and Mohammed pbuh is his messenger. With this in mind if the intention to visit the grave is only for eisal-e-thawab for ordinary muslims then it is a Sunnah. If the intention is to seek blessings from the Grave of An AULIA ra or a Prophet of Allah then that is a Sunnah as well.

This is no different than marriage and unlawfull conjugal relationship. In Islam marriage is allowed for Muslims BUT not Illegal conjugal relationships the final aim is the same. But the intention in Marriage is to do so in accordance to Sunnah, as opposed to Illegal conjugal relationship, which is a way of the devil !

It is as clear as this ! And their is a lot of Hadith evidence on this ...for example :

It is in Hadith - Yahya (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) related from Imam Maalik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that he heard that AIi Ibn Abi Talib(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) used to rest his head on Graves and lie on them [meaning holding the grave with his stretched hands while his head, entire face and chest is rested on the Grave]. Maalik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, "As far as we can see, it is only forbidden to sit on the Graves to relieve oneself." (Muatta' Imm Malik - Book #16, Hadith #16.11.34)

Example from the Quran ::)

It is in Quran - إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ (Meaning - Your guardian (or solver of grievances) can be Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی )and His Messenger ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and those who believe, who establish Salah, and pay Zakat and bow down (in prayer) (Al-Maeda - 55) ( Pickthal translation).

Brother lastly, their are inumerous proofs from the Quran and Sunnah which support these Traditional Islamic practices. Their is no cure for not wanting to "agree"..but that is your choice

Brother! The Pre-Islamic Arabs believed in grave worship, intersession & still believed in Allah. Whoever does the same activities as pre-Islamic Arabs were doing than these verses will apply to them.

Last edited:

mediator

It is as clear as this ! And their is a lot of Hadith evidence on this ...for example :

It is in Hadith - Yahya (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) related from Imam Maalik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) that he heard that AIi Ibn Abi Talib(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) used to rest his head on Graves and lie on them [meaning holding the grave with his stretched hands while his head, entire face and chest is rested on the Grave]. Maalik (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, "As far as we can see, it is only forbidden to sit on the Graves to relieve oneself." (Muatta' Imm Malik - Book #16, Hadith #16.11.34)

Brother! Here you are quoting an irrelevant Hadeeth. The topic is Wassila (intercession). This Hadeeth does not prove intercession.

Example from the Quran :

It is in Quran - إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ (Meaning - Your guardian (or solver of grievances) can be Allah ( سبحانہ و تعا لی )and His Messenger ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and those who believe, who establish Salah, and pay Zakat and bow down (in prayer) (Al-Maeda - 55) ( Pickthal translation).

To understand the meaning of Verse#55 of Sura Al-Maeda we need to read this verses 51-57 of this Sura. In these verses, in view of the degenerate moral condition of the Jews and the Christians, the Believers have been warned not to make them their friends and confidants. Likewise they should be on their guard against the evil designs of the hypocrites, the disbelievers and the like and should rely on the true Believers alone. The people of the Book have, in their turn been exhorted to give up their enmity and adopt the right attitude, for they cannot get salvation without this.

Read the following verses in continuity, it would be very unfair if someone draw conclusion from these verses that it is allowed to do SHIRKIA acts around the grave of a saint such as Prostration to the grave, asking help from the grave etc.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الْيَهُودَ وَالنَّصَارَىٰ أَوْلِيَاءَ ۘ بَعْضُهُمْ أَوْلِيَاءُ بَعْضٍ ۚ وَمَن يَتَوَلَّهُم مِّنكُمْ فَإِنَّهُ مِنْهُمْ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ
Qur’aan 5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a people unjust.
اے ایمان والو یہود اور نصاریٰ کو دوست نہ بناؤ وہ آپس میں ایک دوسرے کے دوست ہیں اور جو کوئی تم میں سے ان کے ساتھ دوستی کرے تو وہ ان میں سے ہے الله ظالموں کو ہدایت نہیں کرتا

فَتَرَى الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِم مَّرَضٌ يُسَارِعُونَ فِيهِمْ يَقُولُونَ نَخْشَىٰ أَن تُصِيبَنَا دَائِرَةٌ ۚ فَعَسَى اللَّهُ أَن يَأْتِيَ بِالْفَتْحِ أَوْ أَمْرٍ مِّنْ عِندِهِ فَيُصْبِحُوا عَلَىٰ مَا أَسَرُّوا فِي أَنفُسِهِمْ نَادِمِينَ
Qur’aan 5:52 Those in whose hearts is a disease - thou seest how eagerly they run about amongst them, saying: "We do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster." Ah! perhaps Allah will give (thee) victory, or a decision according to His will. Then will they repent of the thoughts which they secretly harboured in their hearts.
پھر تو ان لوگوں کو دیکھے گا جن کے دلوں میں بیماری ہے ان میں دوڑ کر جا ملتے ہیں کہتے ہیں کہ ہمیں ڈر ہے کہ ہم پر زمانے کی گردش نہ آ جائے سو قریب ہے کہ الله جلدی فتح ظاہر فرماد ے یا کوئی اور حکم اپنے ہاں سے ظاہر کرے پھر یہ اپنے دل کی چھپی ہوئی بات پر شرمندہ ہوں گے

وَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَهَـٰؤُلَاءِ الَّذِينَ أَقْسَمُوا بِاللَّهِ جَهْدَ أَيْمَانِهِمْ ۙ إِنَّهُمْ لَمَعَكُمْ ۚ حَبِطَتْ أَعْمَالُهُمْ فَأَصْبَحُوا خَاسِرِينَ
Qur’aan 5:53 And those who believe will say: "Are these the men who swore their strongest oaths by Allah, that they were with you?" All that they do will be in vain, and they will fall into (nothing but) ruin.
اور مسلمان کہتے ہیں کیا یہ وہی لوگ ہیں جو الله کے نام کی پکی قسمیں کھاتے تھے کہ ہم تمہارے ساتھ ہیں ان کے اعمال برباد ہو گئے پھر وہ نقصان اٹھانے والے ہو گئے

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مَن يَرْتَدَّ مِنكُمْ عَن دِينِهِ فَسَوْفَ يَأْتِي اللَّهُ بِقَوْمٍ يُحِبُّهُمْ وَيُحِبُّونَهُ أَذِلَّةٍ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ أَعِزَّةٍ عَلَى الْكَافِرِينَ يُجَاهِدُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَلَا يَخَافُونَ لَوْمَةَ لَائِمٍ ۚ ذَ*ٰلِكَ فَضْلُ اللَّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ
Qur’aan 5:54 O ye who believe! if any from among you turn back from his Faith, soon will Allah produce a people whom He will love as they will love Him,- lowly with the believers, mighty against the rejecters, fighting in the way of Allah, and never afraid of the reproaches of such as find fault. That is the grace of Allah, which He will bestow on whom He pleaseth. And Allah encompasseth all, and He knoweth all things.
اے ایمان والو جو کوئی تم میں سے اپنے دین سے پھر جائے گا تو عنقریب الله ایسی قوم کو لائے گا کہ الله ان کو چاہتا ہے اور وہ اس کو چاہتے ہیں مسلمانوں پر نرم دل ہوں گے اور کافروں پر زبردست الله کی راہ میں لڑیں گے اور کسی کی ملامت سے نہیں ڈریں گے یہ الله کا فضل ہے جسے چاہے دیتا ہے اور الله کشائش والا جاننے والا ہے

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ
Qur’aan 5:55 Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).
تمہارا دوست تو الله اور اس کا رسول اور ایمان دار لوگ ہیں جو نماز قائم کرتے ہیں اور زکواة دیتے ہیں اور وہ عاجزی کرنے والے ہیں

وَمَن يَتَوَلَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ
Qur’aan 5:56 As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph.
اور جو شخص الله اور اس کے رسول اور ایمان داروں کو دوست رکھے تو الله کی جماعت وہی غالب ہونے والی ہے

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَتَّخِذُوا الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا دِينَكُمْ هُزُوًا وَلَعِبًا مِّنَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ وَالْكُفَّارَ أَوْلِيَاءَ ۚ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ
Qur’aan 5:57 O ye who believe! take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have faith (indeed).
اے ایمان والو! ان لوگوں کو اپنا دوست نہ بناؤ جنہوں نے تمہارے دین کو ہنسی اور کھیل بنا رکھا ہے ان لوگو ں میں سے جنہیں تم سے
پہلے کتاب دی گئی اور کافروں کو اور الله سے ڈرو اگر
تم ایمان دار ہو

I conclude with following Hadeeth:

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted (بری الذمہ) before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1083)

Last edited:

modern.fakir

Brother, the ayats you mentioned are fine but you see playing with words does not lead to the truth. Here read this :

There can be no contradiction in the Qur’aan, since it is from Allah.

Let me present two verses from the Holy Qur’aan, which if looked at externally seem to contradict each other, how contradiction sets in and what is the remedy for it. Allah says in Sura at-Tauba 9: Verse 116
midunillah%206.gif
midunillah%207.gif

Some people wrongly translate this verse as meaning.
Except for Him (Allah) you have neither protector nor helper.

In Sura al-Maida 5: Verse 55 Allah says:
midunillah%208.gif

Your (real) friends and protectors are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (Fellowship of) Believers, those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

Ponder on these two verses, in the first in states that none can protect and help you except Allah, whilst the second says that your helper and friend is Allah, His Messenger (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) and the group of believers possessing perfect iman. There is no contradiction if the verses are translated properly. In the first verse there is stated wa ma lakum mindunillah. I have already stated that mindunillah refers to idols and wrongly translated as ‘other than Allah’ in certain sectors. If mindunillah is translated, as it should be, referring to idols then there is no contradiction between the two verses.

Sura at-Tauba 9: Verse 116
midunillah%206.gif
midunillah%207.gif

should be translated as:

From amongst these idols, you have neither protector nor helper.

O! Allah if we have no helper and protector from these idols, then do we have any that can protect and help us? Allah replies with Sura al-Maida 5: Verse 55
midunillah%209.jpg

Your (real) friends and protectors are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (Fellowship of) Believers, those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

So brother, if you accept the true meaning then their is no Problem :)

Now this hadith shows how Hazrat Ali ra used to touch his forehead on the grave ...which some people think is a wrong practice. Was Hazrat Ali ra committing shirk here ??

Their are some more questions that you should answer :

The prophet Sulaiman (AS) seeked help from people and Jinns with him to bring for him the throne of Bilqees. (Sulaiman said: O you chiefs, who (from you ) can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?) (27: 38). The question to ask is: Why has Sulaiman not asked Allah directly, but instead asked people.

Prophet Musa (AS) and the pious servant of Allah, Al-Khidhr (Khizr) seeked help from the people of a village (Till they came to a village, they asked the people of the village to feed them) (Al-Kahf: 74). The question to Wahabis is: Why did not Musa and Al-Khizr ask Allah directly, but instead asked people to feed them? Can you claim that Musa and Khizr were polytheists?

The prophet Yousuf (AS) asked the prisoner with him when he was to be discharged to remember him with his Lord (the King) (sura Yousuf: 42). Ask the Wahabis: Why did prophet Yousuf (AS) need to seek help from as ex-prisoner to remember him with the King? Why did not Yousuf (AS) seek help from Allah directly?

The follower of Musa (AS) seeked help from Musa to support him against their enemy (Sura Qasas: 15)
The great prophet Musa (AS) did not object on his follower when he called him: O Musa, Help (which is exactly like Ya Nabi Madad, or Ya Ali Madad), on the contrary, He responded positively to his call for help and killed their enemy. If it was wrong to seek help from Musa (AS), He should have rejected to respond to the wrong, and told his follower to seek help directly from Allah as Wahabis claim.

In fact this Quranic verse alone carries enough evidence on the fact that seeking help from Allah’s pious servants is completely right and it goes in accordance with Quran and the acts of the prophets.

The sons of the prophet Ya’qoob (Jacob) (AS) seeked from their father to pray for their forgiveness (They said O our father, seek forgiveness for us from our sins) (Yousuf: 97). The prophet Ya’qoob did not reply them to go and seek forgiveness directly from Allah, but responded positively to their request and said (I will pray to my Lord for your forgiveness) (Yousuf: 98).

Allah (SWT) encourages us in Quran to seek the intervention of the Apostle (SAWA) for our forgiveness. (And had they when they did wrong on themselves, come to you (O Apostle) and seeked their forgiveness, they would have found Allah forgiving and merciful) (4: 64). Ask the Wahabis: Why Allah is encouraging us to go to His Apostle for seeking forgiveness, and why did He mention the Apostle seeking our forgiveness along with our seeking forgiveness from Allah?

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted (بری الذمہ) before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004, Hadith #1083)

mediator

Allah says in Sura at-Tauba 9: Verse 116
midunillah%206.gif
midunillah%207.gif

Some people wrongly translate this verse as meaning.
Except for Him (Allah) you have neither protector nor helper.

Sura at-Tauba 9: Verse 116
midunillah%206.gif
midunillah%207.gif

should be translated as:

From amongst these idols, you have neither protector nor helper.

Brother! it is you who is quoting a wrong translation here on a public forum. May Allah forgive you (Aameen).

First of all you are not quoting the complete verse (Ayat). Secondly, you have added additional words to the translation of this verse. The added words are "amongst these idols". Now let us see how other translators have translated this verse:

At-Taubah | 129 verses | Repentance | Recitation | Topics سورة التوبة
Sura #9 | Madina
righttop.gif
116إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۖ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ ۚ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ
Yusuf Ali 116:Unto Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He giveth life and He taketh it. Except for Him ye have no protector nor helper.
Shakir 116:Surely Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He brings to life and causes to die; and there is not for you besides Allah any Guardian or Helper.
Pickthal 116:Lo! Allah! Unto Him belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He quickeneth and He giveth death. And ye have, instead of Allah, no protecting friend nor helper.
Mohsin Khan: 116:Verily, Allah! Unto Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, He gives life and He causes death. And besides Allah you have neither any Wali (protector or guardian) nor any helper.
Urdu 116:آسمانوں اور زمین میں الله ہی کی سلطنت ہے وہی جلاتا ہے اور مارتا ہے اور الله کے سوا تمہارا کوئی دوست اور مددگار نہیں
Source:

The rule of thumb is that if there is any dispute in translation the parties should consult translations from many other sources. None of the above translations have these added words as you did "amongst these idols".

Last edited:

modern.fakir

Brother, May Allah swt guide you so that you can see the light :)

The analogy is very simple and I have not added any words ..

The Arabic word مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ (Mindunillah) is used in the Quran to refer to IDOLs for example :

Surah Nahl Verse 20 { وَٱلَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ لاَ يَخْلُقُونَ شَيْئاً وَهُمْ يُخْلَقُونَ **

And those whom you invoke (tad‘ūna, or read yad‘una ‘they invoke’) besides God, namely, the idols, do not create anything, but are themselves created, fashioned from stones and other [materials].

Tafsir al Jalalyn

and several other hadiths IMPLY the same meaning here :

Sahih International: And those they invoke other than Allah create nothing, and they [themselves] are created.

Pickthall: Those unto whom they cry beside Allah created naught, but are themselves created.

Yusuf Ali: Those whom they invoke besides Allah create nothing and are themselves created.

Shakir: And those whom they call on besides Allah have not created anything while they are themselves created;

Muhammad Sarwar: Whatever (idols) they worship besides God can create nothing for they are themselves created.

Mohsin Khan
: Those whom they (Al-Mushrikun) invoke besides Allah have not created anything, but are themselves created.

Arberry
: And those they call upon, apart from God, created nothing, and themselves are created,

Now the rule is if you are translating one word one way then you will also imply to mean it the same thing in another place :)

So now again Surah At-Taubah Verse 116 : إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۖ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ ۚ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ

Here in this verse the words مِّن دُونِ is used to refer to IDOLS not Auliya or any other means of Tawassul. Because how can you use a mediation of the IDOLS hence this verse DOES NOT REFER to Auliya Allah or any other persons Tawassul.

Now for places in the Quran where Tawassul is mentioned then it is like this verse :

al-Maida 5: Verse 55
midunillah%209.jpg

YOU see in the ABOVE VERSE the word "مِّن دُونِ" is NOT USED by Allah swt. Hence the above verse attests to the Tawassul of Auliya Allah and other sources :)

Secondly. This Hadith you mentioned is the Prophet
pbuh.png
referring to the KUFFAR NOT the Muslims ...here read these lines :

Beware of those who preceded youand used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that

So this ahadith refers to NON MUSLIMS and the RULE IS you cannot apply NON MUSLIM ahadith to MUSLIMS
4.gif

Now if you accept that Hadith will you reject these Ahadith with scholarly evidence :

It is in Hadith - narrated by Buraidah (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) that the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "I used to forbid you from visiting the graves (but now I give you permission), you should visit them" (Muslim, Mishkat p.154)

Commenting on this hadith, the renowned Muhaqqiq, Shaykh Abdul Haq Dehlwi writes that because the period of ignorance had just passed, Rasoolallah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) forbade the visitation due to fear of the Muslims returning to their old ways. However, when the people became well acquainted with the orders of Islam, then the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) allowed the visitation to take place (Ashi'atul Lum'aat, vol.1 p.717).

It is in Hadith - narrated by ibn Mas'ud (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) that the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "I forbade you from visiting the graves but now you should visit them" (ibn Majah, Mishkat p.154)

It is in Hadith - Sayyidah Aisha Siddiqah (radiyallahu ta'ala anha) narrates that: "When the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) used to pass the night with her, in the last part of the night he would go to the graveyard of Madinah (Muslim, Mishkat p.154)

It is in Hadith - Muhammad bin Nu'man (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) narrates that Rasoolallah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "Whoever visits his parents' graves or visits one of their graves every Friday, then he will be forgiven and will be written as being one of the pious" (Mishkat p.154)

From the above Ahadith, it is clear that visitation of the graves is permissible. Moreover, that person who visits his parents' graves every Friday, his sins will be forgiven.

So now the question is DO YOU KNOW MORE ISLAM than BiBi Aisha Ra and Imam Shafi Ra and other scholars like Muhadith al Delhwi ???
4.gif

Brother! it is you who is quoting a wrong translation here on a public forum. May Allah forgive you (Aameen).

First of all you are not quoting the complete verse (Ayat). Secondly, you have added additional words to the translation of this verse. The added words are "amongst these idols". Now let us see how other translators have translated this verse:

At-Taubah | 129 verses | Repentance | Recitation | Topics سورة التوبة
Sura #9 | Madina
righttop.gif
116إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهُ مُلْكُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۖ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ ۚ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ مِن وَلِيٍّ وَلَا نَصِيرٍ
Yusuf Ali 116:Unto Allah belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth. He giveth life and He taketh it. Except for Him ye have no protector nor helper.
Shakir 116:Surely Allah's is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He brings to life and causes to die; and there is not for you besides Allah any Guardian or Helper.
Pickthal 116:Lo! Allah! Unto Him belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He quickeneth and He giveth death. And ye have, instead of Allah, no protecting friend nor helper.
Mohsin Khan: 116:Verily, Allah! Unto Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, He gives life and He causes death. And besides Allah you have neither any Wali (protector or guardian) nor any helper.
Urdu 116:آسمانوں اور زمین میں الله ہی کی سلطنت ہے وہی جلاتا ہے اور مارتا ہے اور الله کے سوا تمہارا کوئی دوست اور مددگار نہیں
Source:

The rule of thumb is that if there is any dispute in translation the parties should consult translations from many other sources. None of the above translations have these added words as you did "amongst these idols".

Secondly. This Hadith you mentioned is the Prophet pbuh referring to the KUFFAR NOT the Muslims ...here read these lines :

Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that

So this ahadith refers to NON MUSLIMS and the RULE IS you cannot apply NON MUSLIM ahadith to MUSLIMS
(bigsmile)

Now if you accept that Hadith will you reject these Ahadith with scholarly evidence :

It is in Hadith - narrated by Buraidah (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) that the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said: "I used to forbid you from visiting the graves (but now I give you permission), you should visit them" (Muslim, Mishkat p.154)

Commenting on this hadith, the renowned
Muhaqqiq, Shaykh Abdul Haq Dehlwi writes that because the period of ignorance had just passed, Rasoolallah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) forbade the visitation due to fear of the Muslims returning to their old ways. However, when the people became well acquainted with the orders of Islam, then the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) allowed the visitation to take place (Ashi'atul Lum'aat, vol.1 p.717).

It is in Hadith - narrated by ibn Mas'ud (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) that the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said:
"I forbade you from visiting the graves but now you should visit them" (ibn Majah, Mishkat p.154)

It is in Hadith - Sayyidah Aisha Siddiqah (radiyallahu ta'ala anha) narrates that:
"When the dear Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) used to pass the night with her, in the last part of the night he would go to the graveyard of Madinah (Muslim, Mishkat p.154)

It is in Hadith - Muhammad bin Nu'man (radiyallahu ta'ala anhu) narrates that Rasoolallah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said:
"Whoever visits his parents' graves or visits one of their graves every Friday, then he will be forgiven and will be written as being one of the pious" (Mishkat p.154)

From the above Ahadith, it is clear that visitation of the graves is permissible. Moreover, that person who visits his parents' graves every Friday, his sins will be forgiven.

So now the question is DO YOU KNOW MORE ISLAM than BiBi Aisha Ra and Imam Shafi Ra and other scholars like Muhadith al Delhwi ???
(bigsmile)

Last edited:

mediator

This Hadith you mentioned is the Prophet pbuh referring to the KUFFAR NOT the Muslims ...here read these lines :

Beware of those who preceded youand used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that

(bigsmile)

Following is the complete Hadeeth:

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted (بری الذمہ) before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004 , Hadith #1083 )

Beware of those who preceded you (I agree here the word "you" meant the non-Muslims) and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004 , Hadith #1083 )

Brother could you please let me know in the later part of same hadeeth "but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that." the word "you" meant Muslim or non-Muslim?

modern.fakir

(bigsmile)..In glad you got the point on "Mindunillah" ..Now the "you" in this hadith refers to a Muslim ONLY if he goes to the grave with the INTENTION of WORSHIPPING !

BUT the Muslims intention is to seek "Tawassul" which is mentioned in several Ahadith and Quranic Ayats.

so now Tawassul is NOT EQUAL to Grave worship of the KUffar.

Besides this argument carries no weight as Building Tombs over the graves of Prophets and Auliya Allah is a practice mentioned in the Quran :

وَكَذَلِكَ أَعْثَرْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ لِيَعْلَمُوا أَنَّ وَعْدَ اللَّهِ حَقٌّ وَأَنَّ السَّاعَةَ لاَ رَيْبَ فِيهَا إِذْ يَتَنَازَعُونَ بَيْنَهُمْ أَمْرَهُمْ فَقَالُوا ابْنُوا عَلَيْهِم بُنْيَانًا رَّبُّهُمْ أَعْلَمُ بِهِمْ قَالَ الَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا عَلَى أَمْرِهِمْ لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم مَّسْجِدًا

Quran states: Thus did We make their (i.e. Ashaab al-Kahf) case known to the people, that they might know that the promise of Allah is true, and that there can be no doubt about the Hour of Judgment. Behold, they dispute among themselves as to their affair. (Some) said, "Construct a building over them": Their Lord knows best about them: "THOSE WHO PREVAILED OVER THEIR AFFAIR SAID: LET US SURELY BUILD A MOSQUE OVER THEM" (Surah al-Kahf 18:21)

Tafsir by Imam Fakhr-ud-din Razi (rah), he writes:

أن بعضهم قال: الأولى أن يسد باب الكهف لئلا يدخل عليهم أحد ولا يقف على أحوالهم إنسان. وقال آخرون: بل الأولى أن يبني على باب الكهف مسجد وهذا القول يدل على أن أولئك الأقوام كانوا عارفين بالله معترفين بالعبادة والصلاة

Translation: Some people said that the door of the cave should be closed so that nobody can enter it and the Ahwaal (of People of the cave) are kept hidden. Some people said that It is better to build a mosque at the door, this saying proves thatthese people were “ARIFEEN OF ALLAH WHO BELIEVED IN WORSHIPING (ALLAH) AND PRAYER”[Tafsir al Kabeer, Volume No. 5, Page No. 475]

Imam Fakhr ud-din al-Razi (rah) also said:

ثم قال تعالى: {قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ** قيل المراد به الملك المسلم، وقيل: أولياء أصحاب الكهف، وقيل: رؤساء البلد: {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم مَّسْجِدًا** نعبد الله فيه ونستبقي آثار أصحاب الكهف بسبب ذلك المسجد

Translation: And when Allah said {Those who prevailed over their affair** this refers to the “MUSLIM RULER” or the friends of Ashaab al Kahf (i.e. believers) or the leaders of town. {We will surely build a Mosque over them** so that we can “WORSHIP ALLAH” in it and due to it we will “PRESERVE THE RELICS OF COMPANIONS OF THE CAVE”[Tafsir al-Kabeer, 5/475]

So Shame on Wahabis who contradict directly with Qur'an which prescribes to build over graves of Awliya and also to preserve their relics. This is Nass of Qur'an which cannot ever be overruled not even by a hadith, so all the hadiths which Wahabis misuse are to be interpreted i.e. graves of "ORDINARY PEOPLE" should not be built over (even they cannot be destroyed if once built) but graves of Prophets and Awliya could indeed be built over as we can see in Madina al-Munawwara the graves of Sayyidna Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and Sayyidna Abu Bakr (Radhi Allah) and Umar (Radhi Allaho Anho) are definitely built over with clear proof from Sahaba to build shrines over graves.[Note: Wahabis even hate these blessed graves and want to remove them from Masjid - Naudhobillah]

Imam Jalal ud-din Suyuti (Rahimuhullah) and al-Muhalli (Rahimuhullah) explain in the world renowned short and easy to understand commentary of Qur'an called "Tafsir al Jalalyn"

يَتَنَـٰزَعُونَ** أي المؤمنون والكفار {بَيْنَهُمْ أَمْرَهُمْۖ** أمر الفتية في البناء حولهم {فَقَالُوۤا۴** أي الكفار {ٱبْنُوا۴ عَلَيْهِم** أي حولهم {بُنْيَـٰنًاۖ** يسترهم {رَّبُّهُمْ أَعْلَمُ بِهِمْۚ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ** أمر الفتية وهم المؤمنون {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم** حولهم {مَّسْجِدًا** يصلى فيه، وفعل ذلك على باب الكهف.

Translation: {They were disputing** That is, the believers and the disbelievers, {among themselves their affair** i.e. the affair of the youths, with regard to building something around them [as a monument]; {so they**, the disbelievers, said, {Build over them** that is, around them, {a building** to cover them up; {their Lord knows them best.’ Those who prevailed regarding their affair** i.e. the affair of the youths, “NAMELY THE BELIEVERS" {We will verily set up over them** around them {A place of worship/Masjid**, for prayers to be performed therein. And this indeed took place at the entrance of the cave. [Tafsir al Jalalyn, Volume No.1, Page No. 389]

Imam an-Nasafi (Rehmatullah Alaih) writes in his Tafsir al Nasafi:

قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ غَلَبُوا۴ عَلَىٰۤ أَمْرِهِمْ** من المسلمين وملكهم
وكانوا أولى بهم وبالبناء عليهم {لَنَتَّخِذَنَّ عَلَيْهِم** على باب الكهف {مَّسْجِدًا** يصلي فيه المسلمون ويتبركون

Translation: {Those who prevailed over their affair** these are the “MUSLIMS AND THE RULERS” who said to build over them i.e. on the door of cave a Masjid so that“MUSLIMS CAN PRAY IN IT AND SEEK TABARRUK” [Tafsir al Nasafi, Volume No.3, Page No. 18]

Imam Shahab ud-din Khafaji (Rehmatullah Alaih) wrote:

مسجد ايدل على جوازا لبناء على قبور الصلحاء ونحوهم كما اشار الي فى الكشاف وجواز الصلوة فى ذلك البناء

Translation: (Making mosque on cave) ”IS PROOF OF MAKING MOSQUES OVER THE GRAVES OF SALIHEEN” just like It is mentioned in Tafsir al Kashaaf and It is “PERMITTED” to pray inside this construction [Imam Khafaji in Inayatul Qadhi, Volume No. 6, Page No. 87, Published by Dar us Sadir, Beirut, Lebanon]

Imam Muhammad bin Hasan ash-Shaybani (Rahimuhullah) states:

محمد قال :اخبرنا ابو حنيفة قال حدثنا سالم الافطس قال: ما من نبي الا ويحرب من قومة الي الكعبة يعبد رحبا وان حولحا لقبر ثلاث ماة نبي

Imam Muhammad (rah) said: Abu Hanifa (rah) informed us saying that Salim al-aftas narrated to us saying " There is no Prophet who has not fled from its people towards the Ka'ba to worship Allah, and around it there are graves of 300 Prophets. [Kitab al-Athar of Imam ash-Shaybani as published by Turath Publishing in London, Page # 150]

He also says:

محمد قال :اخبرنا ابو حنيفة قال حدثنا
عطاء بن الساءب قال :قبر حود وصالح وثعيب عليحم السلام في المسجد الحرام

Muhammad said: Abu hanifa informed us saying that Ata' bin as-saib narrated to us saying the graves of Prophet Hud, Salih and Shuaib [alayhum salam] are in Masjid Al Haram [ibid]

Following is the complete Hadeeth:

Jundub reported: I heard from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before his death and he said: I stand acquitted (بری الذمہ) before Allah that I took any one of you as friend, for Allah has taken me as His friend, as he took Ibrahim as His friend. Had I taken any one of my Ummah as a friend, I would have taken Abu Bakr as a friend. Beware of those who preceded you and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004 , Hadith #1083 )

Beware of those who preceded you (I agree here the word "you" meant the non-Muslims) and used to take the graves of their prophets and righteous men as places of worship, but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that.(Sahih Muslim; Book #004 , Hadith #1083 )

Brother could you please let me know in the later part of same hadeeth "but you must not take graves as mosques; I forbid you to do that." the word "you" meant Muslim or non-Muslim?