A few questions for Imran Khan

I am one of those people who dont affiliate themselves with a political party. Instead they wait for the elections and then after careful thought over the different manifestos and previous performances of the regimes, decide who to vote for. Last time I voted for PML (N)s Javed Hashmi for NA-55 and after 4 years I am truly disappointed with them PML (N) is what I mean. Javed Hashmi had left the seat of NA-55 after winning it. And as far as PPP is concerned, I dont want to think about it. This time I am carefully watching every ones manifestos and policies and then I will decide who to vote for. And so far I like what Imran Khan has to say and what his policy is, but there are some questions that have been boggling my mind for the past several years. I would like to know what he has to say about these questions.
Q1. There has always been a chant about ESTABLISHMENT. Who is this establishment and how have they gathered so much power over the 180 million Pakistanis and have become the masters of our fate. Politicians blame each other for being a part of the Establishment and Imran Khan has been accused several times for being a (pardon me) puppet of establishment. I want to know if Imran Khan is not a part of establishment then what is his stance on bringing them to their knees and how will he take the power from them.
Q2. The most organized power in Pakistan is the armed forces. But this organized power has ruled for almost half the time since independence. How will Imran Khan rein the generals and colonels so that they will remain in their barracks and stay away from the Presidency and Prime minister house?
Q3. The second most powerful department of Pakistan is the Bureaucracy. They live in big palaces and are provided everything a man could possibly imagine, from the tax paid by the remaining 96% of Pakistanis. AFSAR SHAHI is the term used for them which was originally NOKAR SHAHI. They consider themselves to be masters of Pakistan and if I anyone wants to prove me wrong, try to meet with the director of any department of government or your local AC and DC, then you will understand what I mean. The highest level of corruption is done in these offices. As a result of which these people gain more power every day. What is Imran Khans stance on these bureaucrats will he remove all the benefits and palaces so that these bureaucrats are once again humans instead of some high power sent from above.
Q4. What kind of government does Imran Khan want in Pakistan, Islamized government or a moderate government? Keep in mind the180 million people of Pakistan and what they want. In my opinion there are only two kinds of states, Islamic State or a Secular (western inspired, moderate) State.
Q5. America, its allies and their ties with Pakistan have always been one of the hot issues. What kind of ties does Imran Khan approve with the west? I already know what Imran Khan has said in the previous interviews about this question but I asked this question in another view. You see Sir, there are only 2 kinds of relationships you can have with the west. One, like the Islamic Republic of Iran where they truly stand for what they think is their right. And the other kind of relationship is like UK-USA, EU-USA, Saudi Arabia-USA, which I dont need to elaborate. There is no middle way between these as the US has specified it several times in the past, I quote Either you are with us or against us. What kind of relationship do you think the people of Pakistan want and what kind of relationship you think is better for Pakistan?
Q6. You have debated a lot on security and peace in Pakistan and currently your peace march in the Waziristan was very popular. I supported the act as I, like many other Pakistanis also want our country to be peaceful. But the point that is bugging me is how can security and peace come in Pakistan when there are militants in the country? Who are these militants and where did they come from? How are they getting funded and how are they getting their training? The issue is not about a peace treaty with the Talibans or militants. The issue here is how they are able to breed their forces. This issue has very strong branches and all these branches lead to secret services of other countries, who are funding and training Talibans and other militant groups in different areas of Pakistan. Stopping the drone attacks in the Waziristan and FATA will only calm the local people who are angry on the deaths of their relatives. What about Baluchistan, Swat and other areas? Proof of foreign agencies funding the militant groups in Baluchistan is present but no political party or government has ever said a word about this. My question here is that how will you stop these militants and the foreign powers that are training and funding these militant groups, and once there is a peace treaty with the militants how will you keep them from breaking the treaty?
Q7. These days our military, police and other security departments are mostly engaged in protecting the PM, President, Members of Cabinet, MNAs, MPAs, High ranking government officials and other prominent politicians. All this is being funded by the People of Pakistan. PMs motorcade consists of 50 to 150 cars. CM and Governors of provinces have the same security measures and they have several million rupees worth of automobiles. If the military and police are engaged in providing security to this handful, how do you expect them to provide security to the People of Pakistan? In Islamabad and Rawalpindi it is common to stop the traffic for several minutes to let the motorcades of PM, president or other officials, pass. Should we expect the same display from your government? Or are you going to use all this money and man power to some better use?
Q8. What is your stance on the Kashmir Issue? Let me give you an idea of how Pakistan Government has treated this issue in the past. Before 1999, we used to watch PTV news, each and every day we heard about the news of what is happening in Kashmir. It could be a 1 minute short story or a 10 minute long bulletin. Kashmir news was there each and every day so that we are aware of the situation and this issue does not die. But today it is discussed rarely on the mainstream media.
Q9. Pakistan is an industrial and agricultural state. And during the past few years both of these sectors have been destroyed due to government policies and economic depreciation. Pakistans textile, leather, sports goods, furniture, fruits, vegetables and other agricultural products were once the best in the world. Today these sectors are dying. What does your government plan to do with them and what is your economic policy has to say about them?
Q10. The previous governments of Pakistan were known for hiding facts from the people. I personally think that all the power of a state is the people who are living in it. These people elect their representatives so that these representatives make policies and laws that are for the benefit of the state and its people. When the people of Pakistan are the power behind the Government of Pakistan, then The Government of Pakistan should come clean with the people. The people should be able to hold the officials accountable for any corruption or any other matter which goes against the benefit of the State. Do you agree to this? If yes then how do you plan to give the power of people back to them which has been taken from them and spread among the Government, Army and other departments.
Sir, I am asking these questions as a sincere Pakistani and the answers would help me a lot. I have many other questions but these are the ones on top on my list. I hope to get a reply from you because I know how busy you are. Thank you for your time.
A Concerned Pakistani
Taimoor Ali Khan

values

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My Dear,
If you put question one by one than it is easy to answer,Make it short .
Only I can answer on ur first paragraph that manifesto is always from a party and not from a single person.And don,t go for manifesto but for performance and history.

If you want me to go only on the performance and history then I wont be able to vote for IK. because he has no previous performance. Although his history is good and he has been one of the most respected leaders.

Pak1stani

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
I have a single and simple answer to all of your questions :

You have no other option other then voting for what is on table.
Even if you dont vote for qhat ever reason, someone among Nawaz, Zaradri or IK will be in Power.

Now you decide whom you want to see in power?

I have a single and simple answer to all of your questions :You have no other option other then voting for what is on table. Even if you dont vote for qhat ever reason, someone among Nawaz, Zaradri or IK will be in Power. Now you decide whom you want to see in power?
What I am concerned about is more than just options. I dont know why Pakistani's dont get the idea that they are the Power behind the governments. And they should recognize this power. I have posted these questions because in all the talk shows and discussions going on, PTI has only addressed a handful of issues which the other parties are also addressing. These issues are never discussed on media because the media is either scared of talking against the establishment, army or bureaucracy. My vote is my opinion and my share of the power which I am giving to someone who I think will be better for the future.

HHH...

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bro, here no body has enough time even to read.
I tried somehow, to understand it is what, that's all are answered by IK himself several times.
and i know majority of Pakistanis are satisfied with his stance on each problem and issue.

nomishah

Senator (1k+ posts)
could only read ur first three questions coz of their length and its basically just one question which IK isnt supposed to answer army and bureaucracy are two of three elements of establishment reason of their strength relates to history not IK and IK's connection with them has been explained by him several times ur other questions m sorry too long to read .

pakvoice

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Taimoor Ali Khan get real and be serious .... it seems to me you are not following Pakistani politics at all

Last edited:

Pak1stani

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
One ask questions when there is more then one option. Whom else, other then IK, you would like to answer these question?

What I am concerned about is more than just options. I dont know why Pakistani's dont get the idea that they are the Power behind the governments. And they should recognize this power. I have posted these questions because in all the talk shows and discussions going on, PTI has only addressed a handful of issues which the other parties are also addressing. These issues are never discussed on media because the media is either scared of talking against the establishment, army or bureaucracy. My vote is my opinion and my share of the power which I am giving to someone who I think will be better for the future.

silverchloride

Councller (250+ posts)
I won't even bother reading this. Isn't it ironic how all the critism and burning questions are being directed towards Imran Khan who has never ever been in power? Why don't you and the mainstream media bring PMLN and other parties who have been in power on and off to answer all these questions?

The only thing we need to do right now is to defeat the status quo. Lets get rid of PPP and PML through PTI and if PTI doesn't perform lets give someone else a chance. Its called 'free-market' in economic terms, lets have a true democracy where there is a natural evolution of political parties.

Even without being in power, PTI has delivered so much. Especially in Punjab where Showbaz is trying his level best to attract the voters and (not taking any due credit off him as well) working to do projects. However, at the same time - there's no vision, no innovation, same peeli taxi and motorway mentality. Bottom line is, Pakistan cannot stand another PMLN or PPP rule now, we need to give others a chance. I even say MQM deserves to be given 2/3rd majority, and see how they do things differently? Remember, if Mujeeb-ur-rehman was given his due share of power in 1970, things might have been different.

However, first thing - defeat status quo by voting for PTI!

nonamina

Minister (2k+ posts)
instead of asking these questions to IK , why dont you ask all these to PMLN and decide if you want to vote for them or not... if they can not satisfy you then vote for PTI otherwise vote for them,.,,you cheapies try to ask ik and do propaganda by portraying that you are a neutral voter... these tactics have gone old, find something new...

sherkhan314

Minister (2k+ posts)
I won't even bother reading this. Isn't it ironic how all the critism and burning questions are being directed towards Imran Khan who has never ever been in power? Why don't you and the mainstream media bring PMLN and other parties who have been in power on and off to answer all these questions?

The only thing we need to do right now is to defeat the status quo. Lets get rid of PPP and PML through PTI and if PTI doesn't perform lets give someone else a chance. Its called 'free-market' in economic terms, lets have a true democracy where there is a natural evolution of political parties.

Even without being in power, PTI has delivered so much. Especially in Punjab where Showbaz is trying his level best to attract the voters and (not taking any due credit off him as well) working to do projects. However, at the same time - there's no vision, no innovation, same peeli taxi and motorway mentality. Bottom line is, Pakistan cannot stand another PMLN or PPP rule now, we need to give others a chance. I even say MQM deserves to be given 2/3rd majority, and see how they do things differently? Remember, if Mujeeb-ur-rehman was given his due share of power in 1970, things might have been different.

However, first thing - defeat status quo by voting for PTI!

That like was for what you wrote about PTI. There's a strong dislike for the part you wrote about MQM. What more do u want to give them? Theyve been ruling for years!

One ask questions when there is more then one option. Whom else, other then IK, you would like to answer these question?
I have sent the same questions with a little additions to PML N as well. And I sent these to the email posted on their website and their facebook page as well. And the post was deleted on Facebook and its been one month and no reply from PML N. After sending them these questions I saw some of their politicians on media and I didnt bother sending them this again. I dont know why people think that I am criticizing IK. Is there anything written in this post that offends IK. I dont think so. I have said in the start that I like what IK stands for. But he is not addressing these issues. And for the people who are saying that voting for IK is against the Status Quo, look again. The first two questions are about the Status Quo. How is IK going to bring equality among the poor people of Pakistan and the powerful bureaucracy, Federal ministers, MPA, MNA.

instead of asking these questions to IK , why dont you ask all these to PMLN and decide if you want to vote for them or not... if they can not satisfy you then vote for PTI otherwise vote for them,.,,you cheapies try to ask ik and do propaganda by portraying that you are a neutral voter... these tactics have gone old, find something new...
Where the hell is propaganda in this. Do you think that I am asking these to criticize IK. I have been defending him on social media and among people before there was no PTI social media cell. My father loves IK when he was just a single man party since 1990s. So show your emotions elsewhere. If you think that a voter cannot ask his leader questions and he cannot criticize him, then he is no leader-he will be GOD.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

You are probably just curious. The past is infront of us. The most powerful in our country are 5-7 families, they control army, politics and bureaucracy. IK's stance on corruption is very clear, it is the top level corruption that is seriously damaging. Bureaucrat salaries need to be raised, politicians come and go they are the ones with real responsibility, but with no positive response from the political leadership and low salaries what can you expect from them.
All governments in the past have been incompetent, corrupt and dishonest, because of which army felt it was there duty to intervene, after wards it became a habit for army to intervene.
If we can have an honest political leadership in Pakistan with genuine democracy and freedom, Pakistan will break all records growth. We just need to create an environment where there is freedom and opportunity. We are lucky to have a party like PTI in these hard times which is decades ahead of other parties in their ideas. For the first time we have a party in which people can elect their leaders, a party which has its own research wing with experts from all over the world. For the first time we have a party that has detailed policy papers on the major issues this country is facing, even if u disagree with those policies which most of us find hard to, atleast we know they are willing to solve the problems. Willingness and honesty is something never seen in any political party in the past.