Aaj Kamran Khan Ke Sath - 24th June 2011- Reasons behind the current misery of Muslim world-Dr Atta

Unicorn

Banned
Re: Aaj Kamran Khan Ke Sath - 24th June 2011 - Tough Time For Muslim Ummah!!

This gentleman Dr. Mehdi Hassan is amazingly brilliant. Who is he?. What does word " Taqleed" means, from the conversation it appears it means " Literal" anyone knows.

I like this scholar Mr. Ghamdi.

Good program.

syediqbal

Minister (2k+ posts)

Very good analysis.....BUT how and who will change the Muslim Umma, this is a question Mark.

syediqbal

Minister (2k+ posts)

Mr. Unicorn "Taqleed" means to follow some one idea.

Unicorn

Banned

Mr. Unicorn "Taqleed" means to follow some one idea.

Can you elaborate I know Istihaad means Independent thinking is " Taqleed" a complete opposite of that?.

moazzamniaz

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Reasons behind the current misery of Muslim world: Dr Ataul Rehman, Dr Mehdi Hassan

Reasons behind the downfall and current misery of Muslim world: Dr Ata ul Rehman, Dr Mehdi Hassan, Tahir Mehmood Ashrafi, Dr Javed Ahmad Ghamdi

Unicorn

Banned
Re: Reasons behind the current misery of Muslim world: Dr Ataul Rehman, Dr Mehdi Hassan

Thanks moazz for posting here.

This gentleman Dr. Mehdi Hassan is amazingly brilliant. Who is he?. What does word " Taqleed" means, from the conversation it appears it means " Literal" anyone knows.

Is the word " Taqleed opposite of Independent thinking

Good program.​

moazzamniaz

Can you elaborate I know Istihaad means Independent thinking is " Taqleed" a complete opposite of that?.
Ijtihaad means " Regarding a particular problem, when there is no clear order from Quran or Hadith, then scholars can decide upon their own reasoning and logic(But the resulting decree should not violate any basic principles of Islam)"

Taqleed: Islamic fiqh or "Laws of jurisprudence" were compiled 1200 yrs ago in the light of Quran, Hadith, Ijtihad, Qiyaas etc. There were 5 such imams who compiled these laws(So, 5 such fiqhas) and some of their verdicts about the same problem were different from each other esp in those problems where there was no clear decree from Quran or Hadith and Ijtihaad or Qiyaas was employed to find a solution.

Now, in today`s world, as most of the daily life problems are the same as 1200 yrs ago, therefore Muslims who act upon the laws of those imams and dont question anything, it is called Taqleed.
And, in contrast to such ppl, there are others who dont follow such rules blindly, but they see the intent and reason of the Imams behind those 1200 yr laws, incorporate current conditions of society and then improvise them acc to the intent(But the resulting decree should not violate any basic principles of Islam). It is called independent interpretation.

I hope that i have explained it well.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
Re: Reasons behind the current misery of Muslim world: Dr Ataul Rehman, Dr Mehdi Hassan

Well said Dr. Zakir. Pre and Post Khalafat era tells the whole story.

وہ زمانے میں معزز تھے مسلمان ہو کر
اور تم خوار ہو تارک قرآن ہو کر

moazzamniaz

Thanks moazz for posting here.

Is the word " Taqleed opposite of Independent thinking

Good program.​

After the death of Holy Prophet (PBUH), majority of his companions(RAH) knew Quran, Hadith(Sayings of the Prophet PBUH) and they had seen how Holy Prophet (PBUH) ordered in different situations, therefore there was not an imminent need of compilation of all the laws of Islam in the form of a book. However, in the successive years, first Quran was compiled in the form of a book, then Hadith was compiled. Nearly 150-200 yrs after the death of Holy Prophet (PBUH), Islamic scholars deemed it necessary to compile all the laws of Islam in the form of a book. There were five such Imams who independently compiled such 5 books (or 5 fiqhs ie Beliefs, Principles and Laws of Islam). The criteria for such compilation were the same for all these imams ie

1- First source was Quran. For a particular problem or situation, if there was a clear order or solution in Quran, it was preferred above all.
2- If there was not a clear order from Quran, then they looked for it in Hadith.
3- If there was not a clear order in Quran, Hadith or Sunnah(Documented actions of Holy Prophet PBUH), then they sought the solution from the documented actions of companions(RAH) of Holy Prophet(PBUH).
4- If there was not a clear order from all above sources, then they thought themselves with logic and reasoning, keeping in mind that the resultant decree must not violate any basic principles of Islam. It is called Ijtihaad.

Now, in today`s world, as most of the daily life problems are the same as 1200 yrs ago, therefore Muslims who act upon the laws of those imams and dont question anything, it is called Taqleed.
And, in contrast to such ppl, there are others who dont follow such rules blindly, but they see the intent and reason of the Imams behind those 1200 yr old laws, incorporate current conditions of society and then improvise them acc to the intent(But the resulting decree should not violate any basic principles of Islam). It is called independent interpretation.

Last edited:

Pakistani92

Senator (1k+ posts)

TV channels need to do more and more shows like this rather than wasting most of their energy and time on useless political shows, well we all know that political corruption is the root cause of all evils in our country and some political talk shows are good but TV channels also need to educate people on other issues as well.

jahanzaibi

Senator (1k+ posts)

Chand chooray beth kar tabsara kartay hain ..aur awam ka demagh kharab kar rahay hain...
Jawab sirif ya hay kay muslim nay Jihad (Qital) aur Quran and Sunna choor dia..

Solution... may in chooron ki tarhan kai ghantay barbad nahi karoon ga solution aik line may hay

Implement sharia law and start Jihad..

ya kaisay hoo is kay lia sirif appnay say start kareen apni zindagi may sharia implement kareen aur jihad ki khoahish aur dua
kuch aur karnay ki zaroorat nahi na koi dharna na koi election.

moazzamniaz

1020.gif

jahanzaibi

Senator (1k+ posts)

Bahi ya technology pechlay 10 saal say khaak chat rahi hay us qoom say jo technology may zero hay..
technology say sirif luxury hi hasil hooti hay ...fatah nahi.. warna aaj America fatah hassil kar chooka hoota.. vetenam may bhi zalil hoi ya technology
aur pathar ki Qoom afghan nay 3 daffa khak chatai hay is technology ko..

Ya jis per naaz kar rahay hain wo technology bhi muslims hi ki hay.. bus us ki hifazat kay lia Jihad nahi kia wo kartay to kamyaab rehtay.. jo kuch hoo
jaab Allah ki madad aati hay to (AAD aur SAMUUD) jaisi bari qoom bhi khatam hoo jati hay.. ya wada hay technology wallom kay lia nahi balkay sahi Muslims kay lia

Pehlay Islam phir technology.. Islam ki qimmat may technology khareedain gay to sirif zalil hi hoon gay..jo hoo rahay hain.

Unicorn

Banned

After the death of Holy Prophet (PBUH), majority of his companions(RAH) knew Quran, Hadith(Sayings of the Prophet PBUH) and they had seen how Holy Prophet (PBUH) ordered in different situations, therefore there was not an imminent need of compilation of all the laws of Islam in the form of a book. However, in the successive years, first Quran was compiled in the form of a book, then Hadith was compiled. Nearly 150-200 yrs after the death of Holy Prophet (PBUH), Islamic scholars deemed it necessary to compile all the laws of Islam in the form of a book. There were five such Imams who independently compiled such 5 books (or 5 fiqhs ie Beliefs, Principles and Laws of Islam). The criteria for such compilation were the same for all these imams ie

1- First source was Quran. For a particular problem or situation, if there was a clear order or solution in Quran, it was preferred above all.
2- If there was not a clear order from Quran, then they looked for it in Hadith.
3- If there was not a clear order in Quran, Hadith or Sunnah(Documented actions of Holy Prophet PBUH), then they sought the solution from the documented actions of companions(RAH) of Holy Prophet(PBUH).
4- If there was not a clear order from all above sources, then they thought themselves with logic and reasoning, keeping in mind that the resultant decree must not violate any basic principles of Islam. It is called Ijtihaad.

And, in contrast to such ppl, there are others who dont follow such rules blindly, but they see the intent and reason of the Imams behind those 1200 yr old laws, incorporate current conditions of society and then improvise them acc to the intent(But the resulting decree should not violate any basic principles of Islam). It is called independent interpretation.

I got it thanks. Independent thinking is the correct way as Dr. Hassan says you can take the reasoning from 1200 years ago and in some cases come to a different conclusion to account for change of situation.

Who is Dr. Mehdi?

Jack Sparrow

Minister (2k+ posts)

I got it thanks. Independent thinking is the correct way as Dr. Hassan says you can take the reasoning from 1200 years ago and in some cases come to a different conclusion to account for change of situation.

Who is Dr. Mehdi?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehdi_Hasan_(journalist)

I think Taqleed means " to follow blindly".

Unicorn

Banned

Based of what Dr. Hassan says the current situation fits with his reasoning. There is constant talk and glorification of men of war I don't remember any one glorifying men of books. Every now and then some one mentions Mr. Jinnah not for his academic achievement mainly for his intentions.

Pakistani92

Senator (1k+ posts)

Chand chooray beth kar tabsara kartay hain ..aur awam ka demagh kharab kar rahay hain...
Jawab sirif ya hay kay muslim nay Jihad (Qital) aur Quran and Sunna choor dia..

Solution... may in chooron ki tarhan kai ghantay barbad nahi karoon ga solution aik line may hay

Implement sharia law and start Jihad..

ya kaisay hoo is kay lia sirif appnay say start kareen apni zindagi may sharia implement kareen aur jihad ki khoahish aur dua
kuch aur karnay ki zaroorat nahi na koi dharna na koi election.

bhai mere jahilo aur tang zehn logo nay already jihad aur Quran kay nam pay kia halath bana di hai hamari :(