Aapas Ki Baat - 19th July 2011 - Discussion on Malik Ishaq Khan, Gen Pasha Visit to USA & Formation

mjzafar

MPA (400+ posts)
I saw the complete program on another website: http://www.thepaktv.com/forums/showthread.php?11093-Aapas-Ki-Baat-With-Najam-Sathi-By-Geo-News-%96-19th-July-2011

Good program but again Najam Sethi has the same assumptions, i.e. (1) we cannot live without USA, (2) the solution to economic problems is to levy more and more taxes on poor people.

Both assumptions are wrong. Najam Sethi says that coz he is part of status quo and one of the people who receives share of $500m or whatever is coming to journalists. The solution for the problem in increasing taxes is not indirect taxes but direct taxes. A person asked Najam Sethi (on call) why doesn't he come into politics.... Allah ka shukar hai yeh politics mai nahi aaya, warna he will just kill all the poor people of Pakistan. I am surprized at this age and experience he can say that PPP government should increase all the prices, increase indirect taxes, etc.....