Banu Azad - People of Knowledge and Understanding

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
b51febdceddea2fc006001f2ef2e346e.gif

Internet

Banned
It is sad to see people circulating suspicious and doubtful stories. Who is Bannu Azaad? do they exist today? This story is taken from seerah of Ibn Hishaam who infact had edited the seerah written by his teacher Ibn Ishaq. This man Ibn Ishaq isn't considered a trustworthy narrator as he is considered a mudallis which means one who did not name his teacher, claiming instead to narrate directly from his teacher's teacher. Because of this and other accusations, many scholars including Muhammad al-Bukhari hardly ever used his narrations. According to al-Khaṭīb al-Baghdādī, all scholars of ahadith except one no longer rely on any of ibn Isḥaq's narrations. Al-Dhahabī also concluded that any narration solely transmitted through ibn Isḥaq should probably be considered munkar. Others, like Ahmad ibn Hanbal, rejected his narrations on all matters related to fiqh.

Concerning his sīra, the most notable and widely discussed criticism was that of his contemporary, Malik ibn Anas, who leveled many accusations against ibn Isḥaq. Malik rejected the stories of Muhammad and the Jews of Medina on ground that they were taken solely based on accounts by sons of Jewish converts. These same stories have also been denounced as "odd tales" later by ibn Hajar al-Asqalani. Malik and others also thought that ibn Isḥaq relied too heavily on the Isra'iliyat. Furthermore, ibn Sallam al-Jumahi and ibn al-Nadim censured ibn Isḥaq for knowingly including forged poems in his biography, and for attributing poems to persons not known to have written a single line of poetry.

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Dear karachiwala, as I see it this narration has quite a few things wrong with it.

For a start it is telling muslims not to bother with living in this world instead focus on hereafter alone. This is in direct contradiction to quranic teachings, which impose upon muslims to do well and be a strong people as a nation.

This is how muslims are poisoned slowly by false material and when they have this mindset and attitude to life then what are we complaining for in pakistan or rest of muslim world.

This is how we turn ourselves off from what we are supposed to be doing in the name of islam.

Not thinking of tomorrow is anti quran because a husband is told to, leave things for his widow for a year.

It is time people who think this is islam start thinking how can they overcome threats of powerful nations in the world by being a weak people? The quran wants them to prepare well so that the preparation acts as a deterrent so that forces that back unfairness and injustices and cruelty and oppression could be kept at bay.

This has been the role of our media that they have been pleasing ruling elite on one hand and mullas on the other by printing this sort of stuff. This is how the ruling elite did not build educational institutions and mullas did not let them because they wanted to keep people deliberately ignorant so that they do not question what they were doing.

People need to learn sense and start thinking who is doing anything for them and who is derailing everything for them.

If we want proper islam and better pakistan we need to come out strong against these like elements who try to inject us with poison with out us realizing it, till it is very late.

Ignorance and stupidity in the name of islam should not be allowed to stand. It should be criticized heavily so that under pressure of reason it crumbles.

regards and all the best

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Dear karachiwala, as I see it this narration has quite a few things wrong with it.

For a start it is telling Muslims not to bother with living in this world instead focus on hereafter alone. This is in direct contradiction to quranic teachings, which impose upon Muslims to do well and be a strong people as a nation.

This is how Muslims are poisoned slowly by false material and when they have this mindset and attitude to life then what are we complaining for in pakistan or rest of muslim world.

This is how we turn ourselves off from what we are supposed to be doing in the name of islam.

Not thinking of tomorrow is anti quran because a husband is told to, leave things for his widow for a year.

It is time people who think this is islam start thinking how can they overcome threats of powerful nations in the world by being a weak people? The quran wants them to prepare well so that the preparation acts as a deterrent so that forces that back unfairness and injustices and cruelty and oppression could be kept at bay.

This has been the role of our media that they have been pleasing ruling elite on one hand and mullas on the other by printing this sort of stuff. This is how the ruling elite did not build educational institutions and mullas did not let them because they wanted to keep people deliberately ignorant so that they do not question what they were doing.

People need to learn sense and start thinking who is doing anything for them and who is derailing everything for them.

If we want proper islam and better pakistan we need to come out strong against these like elements who try to inject us with poison with out us realizing it, till it is very late.

Ignorance and stupidity in the name of islam should not be allowed to stand. It should be criticized heavily so that under pressure of reason it crumbles.

regards and all the best
before we go any further - I would like to know what qualification you possess on the subject. If you are like me who is trying to post Islamic articles from good sources only, then please do not start a debate as you are not qualified for that. If you are, then let me know what your qualification is and I will try to get this to some scholar to find a solution. please do not be offended as I do not like people who have no real educational background and start objecting to the sayings of the Holy Prophetpbuh.

Mughal1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
before we go any further - I would like to know what qualification you possess on the subject. If you are like me who is trying to post Islamic articles from good sources only, then please do not start a debate as you are not qualified for that. If you are, then let me know what your qualification is and I will try to get this to some scholar to find a solution. please do not be offended as I do not like people who have no real educational background and start objecting to the sayings of the Holy Prophetpbuh.

Thank you dear karachiwala for your reply, if I may say so one does not need any qualifications for talking sense or even nonsense for that matter. It is important to see what is said rather than who is saying it. If it makes sense then accept it otherwise reject it.

It will be however a good idea if some people who claim to have qualifications should come aboard and let us benefit from what they know, but unfortunately mawlanas do not appear before such public which may scrutinize what they say. They only boast amongst the converted as far as my experience goes, where one is not allowed to speak regarding things the group may not like. This is why we are in the predicament that we are.

Even on this forum people are slowly coming round to accept the fact that if we are going to get anywhere worthwhile we must talk and talk sensibly so that we may learn from each other. Our qualification is God given brain, some sense due to hopefully deeper and wider life experience and divine revelation and its proper understanding.

If qualifications were anything to go by, then all groups of people have set standards for their acceptable qualifications so they do not accept qualifications of others who do not belong to their group, do they? Do muslims accept what christians say? No. Do sunnies accept what shias say? No. So where do these qualifications lead us, any solution? No.

This shows that truth is qualification for itself because it is firmly founded. The day people realize this fact, they would be free of their self created divisions and problems. So if we want better understanding of things, we must leave disputed standards and look for the one's that cannot be disputed because the truth is same for all. If they disagree it is because they have not yet found the way for themselves to the truth. Let us pray we all do and in time before it is too late.

regards and all the best.

EJAZRANA

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
well i am agreeing with karachi wala on 1 point only regarding the qualification as our Islamic teaching also say the same things that must get education for this world & hereafter ....
but in majority i am agreeing with mughal 1 that if u have common sense & if u can tell that what is right & wrong & if u have enough knowledge on particular subject then u can participate or u have right to speak whatever u feel .... anyways sorry in advance to both of u if u disagree with me & i am really enjoying arguing coming from both of u as it,s increasing my knowledge ..