Govt allows costly wheat import

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Sir
PTI

"Pakistan spent over $8 billion on import of edible items in the last financial year."

PMLN
"Food import increased to 6.185 billion dollar in 2017-2018"
My dear if we take this numbers correct the increase in terms of Dollars is 29.4%. Whereas the increase in only Wheat price from 2017 to today is over 75% increase.

Okara

Bilkoool wesay he jesay 2 din pehlay yeh Kanjar PKR 97 wali dawai ko photoshop py PKR 426 bana k sale kr raha tha or keh raha tha k Imran Khan nay dekho kia zulm kia ha !!! umeed ha wo thread aapki nazron sy guzra hoga? warna main link paish krta hon aap ja k daikh ly or phir ja k us dawai ki price online check krlain 5-6 sites py...
Sorry I missed that thread. Please share it.

s.shahid

MPA (400+ posts)
July 20
Sir you can check that from July 2020 to March 2021 things was cheaper than 2017-2018. You can check sir i am here and i am glad to proven wrong.
To begin with July 2020 to march 2021 is 9 months, that's not a complete fiscal year. Palm oil is Pakistans largest food import item with around 33 percent share in imported food items. Average price per metric ton in fy 2017- 2018 was $710 and for the fiscal year 2020-2021, it was $937.

Will get back with other food items too, will take time to dig in. Some other points to consider as well,

1. Pakistan population growth rate is amongst the highest in the world, hence demand is increasing at a rate of over 3% per annum, which will naturally raise import bill for imported items.
2. Before there was lot of under invoicing and smuggling hence the official import bill would naturally be lower if actual imports are under invoiced or smuggled. With curbs on under invoicing and smuggling offical figures are bound to be higher.
3. Inward freight and shipping in 2017-2018 was much lower than in 2020-2021 due to higher average fuel and shipping charges.

RajaRawal111

So you mean neither Nawaz whose father was rich not Shahbaz whose father was poor is Patwari?
Have known what kind of beings you Imranis are, let me explain a situation to you

My father (as I heard from my mother & elder sisters) got a little inheritance in the village of Padhana (in pothohar). He thought that being the rain-dependent land it is not enough to support him and his growing family. He sold it and moved to Rawalpindi and started a business. He lost quite a bit and turned into a Poor man. His perseverance and hard-working nature kept him going and business picked up and when I got my memories, he was a prosperous man Alhamdo Lillah. From crippling poverty, he became well enough that he was able to afford decent education of 5 of us. One went all the way up to PhD, (which I am not).

Being Up and down in different phases of life is a well-known fact, you have to be Munafiq to play dumb with this vivid fact Jnaab.

Wake Up Pakistan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Check PBS data.

300 million dollars we are importing food items of Sugar and Wheat dam. We used to only import 20 million to 40 million dollar max in PPP or PMLN era.

GO to PBS website and check it. All data is there.

It happened because tried to fix the market like PMLN did with dollars and supply got short, mill stop producing too much and very low production compare to PPP and PMLN that we importing so that things does not get short and we are also giving subsidy so ,therefore, demand got more because we are not passing the real burden on consumers ,therefore the demand is impacting currency and at the end result will be same as dollar controlled and prices got super high than normal inflation.

Incompetence.
مجھے لگتا ہے گندم افگانستان ایکسپورٹ ہو گئے ہے کافی اسس لیا اور امپورٹ کرنی پر رہی ہے

s.shahid

MPA (400+ posts)
مجھے لگتا ہے گندم افگانستان ایکسپورٹ ہو گئے ہے کافی اسس لیا اور امپورٹ کرنی پر رہی ہے
I posted wrong data. 700 million dollar total food import in august alone.
Bumper Crop is a crop that has yielded an unusually productive harvest. The word "bumper" in this context comes from a usage that means "something unusually large".

If your targeted crop (which was actually) for the harvest is 26.7 million Mt and you harvest 28.7 million Mt (which was actually) tu ussay bumper crop hi kaha jai ga, per if your requirement is 29.5 million Mt and you need to maintain strategic reserves on top of it than you have to import as well despite the bumper crop.

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
Bumper Crop is a crop that has yielded an unusually productive harvest. The word "bumper" in this context comes from a usage that means "something unusually large".

If your targeted crop (which was actually) for the harvest is 26.7 million Mt and you harvest 28.7 million Mt (which was actually) tu ussay bumper crop hi kaha jai ga, per if your requirement is 29.5 million Mt and you need to maintain strategic reserves on top of it than you have to import as well despite the bumper crop.
When we will start using that crop?

Wake Up Pakistan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

یہ بات نورو کو کون سمجا سکتا ہے