Learn from Worlds Best Universities for FREE!!

Researcher

MPA (400+ posts)
online-education.jpg

Top Universities Offer FREE Courses

World's top universities are continuously offering free courses to students worldwide, irrespective of their Geographical location, and affordability. Visit https://www.coursera.org to search by categories or for all courses click : https://www.coursera.org/courses . Some of the courses are as following.

small-icon.hover.png
Jan 21st 2013
6 weeks long

Cryptography II

Dan Boneh, Professor

Stanford University

small-icon.hover.png
Jan 22nd 2013
8 weeks long

Data Analysis

Jeff Leek

Johns Hopkins University

small-icon.hover.png
Jan 23rd 2013
12 weeks long

Introductory Human Physiology

Emma Jakoi, Jennifer Carbrey

Duke University

small-icon.hover.png
Jan 28th 2013
5 weeks long
Artificial Intelligence Planning

Gerhard Wickler, Austin Tate

University of Edinburgh

Learn to Program: The Fundamentals

Jennifer Campbell, Paul Gries

University of Toronto

small-icon.hover.png
Sep 24th 2012
7 weeks long
Mathematical Biostatistics Boot Camp

Brian Caffo

Johns Hopkins University

small-icon.hover.png
Sep 24th 2012
Organizational Analysis

Daniel A. McFarland

Stanford University

small-icon.hover.png
Sep 24th 2012
11 weeks long

Probabilistic Graphical Models

Daphne Koller, Professor

Stanford University

small-icon.hover.png
Sep 24th 2012
8 weeks long
Social Network Analysis

Lada Adamic

University of Michigan

small-icon.hover.png
Sep 30th 2012
10 weeks long
Computer Architecture

David Wentzlaff

Princeton University

small-icon.hover.png
October 2012
6 weeks long
Algorithms: Design and Analysis, Part 2

Tim Roughgarden, Associate Professor

Stanford University

Last edited by a moderator:

Researcher

MPA (400+ posts)
Apologies for posting it in Siasi Video thread, or before any Moderator move into different category. The only reason i posted it here, as I truly want our youth to benefit from any courses.

We are a country with a majority of population in its youth. To shape our future, we definitely need opinionated, well versed youth, but those who are continuously learning to improve themselves in all fronts of their lives.

My humble request to our youth is just to go through these courses, and if they find anything helpful in their field, do must take course, and learn for better future of themselves, and collectively for Pakistan.

- Just a concerned senior citizen.

bforbajwa

Voter (50+ posts)
Yes, they will be delivered online. A lot of courses will even give you certificate on successful completion.
how does it work? is there any special site for these online courses or it will be the same site. i really like attend some course but i don't have any experience is such kind of sites. if you don't mind can you please let me know the whole procedure. i would really appreciate that . thank you

Wadaich

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
:jazak: Khair!!!!!

Design and Analysis of Algorithm was a Nightmare(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry)(cry). When I got through it, I realized the existence of God and then onwards I am a firm Believer:):):):):):):):):):):):):):) ................ However, its memories still send shivers in the spine:(

Wadaich

how does it work? is there any special site for these online courses or it will be the same site. i really like attend some course but i don't have any experience is such kind of sites. if you don't mind can you please let me know the whole procedure. i would really appreciate that . thank you

Jattan day Mundiyaan da keh kam parhai naal?????(serious) Chal paai kam kar jaa kay....:) [MENTION=12266]PAINDO[/MENTION], [MENTION=26112]barca[/MENTION], [MENTION=23831]UKPakistani[/MENTION]

Last edited:

PAINDO

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Jattan day Mundiyaan da keh kam parhai naal?????(serious) Chal paai kam kar jaa kay....:) @PAINDO, @barca, @UKPakistani

جے غلطی نال کوئی جٹ پڑھ وی جاوے تے پنڈ دا سب تُوں گلادڑ بابا کہندا اے

او مںڈیا سنیا توں شہروں پڑھ کے آیا ایں ہلا دَسنخ اے اینج اینج اینح کے ہوندا اے

مُںڈا - بابا جی اے کوئی سوال اے

بابا- توں چنگا پڑھیا لکھیا ایں

اے ٹہگا موتری ہوندی اے

PAINDO

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Jattan dey putteraan noo vi hoon perna chahi day wey agey Jutt buhat pechey rahe gaey nei. te hoon agar pari na kerey tha Paai merey koi bachi nahi dainda :D[hilar]:lol:

کیتی ناں فیر جٹاں آلی

یعنی تعلیم دا مقصد صرف ویاہ او وی بانو نال

Last edited:

jagga9

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
[MENTION=29626]Researcher[/MENTION] many thanks ... that is the best ever thing someone has posted to this forum :)

Researcher

MPA (400+ posts)

1) Click the Course; you are interested to take. e.g: Cryptography ( https://www.coursera.org/course/crypto )

2) MUST check the "Next session" as some courses have already commenced/started.

3) Click on "Sign Up" (Present on the left top of the course page) for the first time, it will take you to following page:
https://www.coursera.org/account/signup

Enter your name, email, and set a password (Just a thought: Always set different passwords for your important mail, trustworthy websites, and junk websites).

It will automatically sign you in for that particular course.

Changing Courses:

1) Once you are logged in, you will see your name appearing on right top (quite big and clear). Click it, and a drop down menu will appear with three following options.
A) Courses
B) Settings
C) Logout.

2) Select from dropdown menu: "Courses".

It will show all your courses. You can "Un-enroll" from a course, if you want.
===========

Answer of your Question:

- It will be conducted on this website http://www.coursea.org
- In all top universities, assignments carry weightage/marks, and which must needs to be completed on time.

Actual Example of one of Course:

Must visit: https://class.coursera.org/crypto-preview/quiz/index?quiz_type=homework

Click on left panel, and click on different links such as "Video Lectures". (Lectures present in pdf, slides, and video formats).

It depends on University, and Instructors. I hope it helps, and you definitely get something to learn from it.

Researcher

MPA (400+ posts)
A Humble Request to Admins and Moderators
@Adeel @Waseem @TruPakistani:

Respected Admins,

As this educational post has got buried in enormous information getting posted on siasat.pk. It is definitely a usual business, but i humbly request you to

• Put this post on main page, or make it as Sticky Post, so more people can access it.
  • Kindly, post it on your facebook page, so it receives more Pakistani audience, and maybe few more people learn something.
Dear Admins, I personally have nothing to gain from it. You can re-post it from your official ids. You have indeed a wonderful portal, and you can help it to many of those to get some education from top-notch universities. Pushing Pakistan a step ahead, responsibility comes solely back on to our shoulders. It is all your call; whatever you think is appropriate.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Wadaich

Respected Admins,

As this educational post has got buried in enormous information getting posted on siasat.pk. It is definitely a usual business, but i humbly request you to

• Put this post on main page, or make it as Sticky Post, so more people can access it.
  • Kindly, post it on your facebook page, so it receives more Pakistani audience, and maybe few more people learn something.
Dear Admins, I personally have nothing to gain from it. You can re-post it from your official ids. You have indeed a wonderful portal, and you can help it to many of those to get some education from top-notch universities. Pushing Pakistan a step ahead, responsibility comes solely back on to our shoulders. It is all your call; whatever you think is appropriate.

Thank you.

Admins please grant the request.

I have registered for "Cryptography" and "Organizational Analysis"

Once again Bundle of Thanks Bro.

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Respected Admins,

Thank you.
I do agree with you. I registered for several courses already.I will try to manage to take all of the lectures that I registered.