Liberal Elite. Who are they?

TenGee

Citizen
We here much about the Liberal Elite, and their disdain for the common folk and the core religious cultural values.

Perhaps best described in this video:

We all have heard to what extent these Elites, or even more Junior Liberals are irreligious.

However there surely be some residual or core deen in the hearts of some.

Can anyone elaborate or give examples when a outwardly liberal person has surprised with a sincere show of taqwa or love for Rasulullah?

There must be lots of examples.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Human beings have a genetic tendency to be religious, especially people who grew up in a religious family. There is an evolutionary reason behind it. Listening to our parents increases our chances of survival in world filled with dangerous such as snakes, crocodiles and lions. This is why we have a strong tendency to follow what our parents tell us even if it is not logical.

TenGee

Citizen
Human beings have a genetic tendency to be religious, especially people who grew up in a religious family. There is an evolutionary reason behind it. Listening to our parents increases our chances of survival in world filled with dangerous such as snakes, crocodiles and lions. This is why we have a strong tendency to follow what our parents tell us even if it is not logical.

I half agree. But humans being have constant companion who will never abandon them or give up on them (until Qiyamat), and that is Iblees - he is the real viper out to get us. As can be manifestly seen even in Pakistan, Iblees changes societies by degree. 20 years ago women couldn't have gone straight to sleeveless - but gradually from uncovered heads, to shortening sleeves. we see where we are heading. Mens' attitudes and behaviour as well has suffered a similar decline.

So, environment, nurture, as well as fitrat play a part, but no one knows the exact formula for raising deendar children, because they are unfortunately 100s of ways it can go wrong and maybe a relative few ways it can go right.

But I sense that in Liberal households, there is a lack of religious environment, maybe even a cynicism towards religion. But perhaps I am wrong, and liberal folks simply have a different way of devotion to Allah, and believe themselves to be rightly guided.