Musharraf could not foresee ??

aneeskhan

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: Pervaiz musharraf with his spritual fathers

I really appreciate your writing capability that I openly admit,but my worries are you see all the graphs and facts figure after tilting the papers reverse that's why You find Yayha,Zardari ,Benazir ,Nawaz periods better,I think you have Altitudinal Heminopia(if you find difficulty check meaning in medical Dictionary).
Very simple question from learned person like you
Q.Who was the ruler of Pakistan opted not to take IMF loan?
Answer must be in one word,that will tell your honesty and impartiallity.Not with If,but ,then why ,because (please avoid this)

Cursor_

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
IK and Musharaf, both will rock, Inshallah... I guess they both will soon come with some cooperation as they both share same fan base... I am the supporter of both Musharaf and IK... Core IK fans and Mush-cum-Ik fans need reconcile among them, I believe

Last edited:

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

I really appreciate your writing capability that I openly admit,but my worries are you see all the graphs and facts figure after tilting the papers reverse that's why You find Yayha,Zardari ,Benazir ,Nawaz periods better,I think you have Altitudinal Heminopia(if you find difficulty check meaning in medical Dictionary).
Very simple question from learned person like you
Khaansaab, since I consider myself a jahil I don't know if you are appreciating or degrading me above. Ah! Ignorance is bliss :)

Respectfully, the only thing I will say in my defense is that you are putting words in my post. I NEVER, I repeat NEVER, said that Yahya, Zardari, Benazir, NS' periods were better! The problem is that you have pre-conceived notions about what I am trying to say and thats the reason that you tend to take the doctored graphs presented to show military dictator's rule as golden periods but see the graphs that I presented as reverse - Sigh! If you like i can provide sources for your convenience. You are entitled to your opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts - in fact no one is - including me!

Q.Who was the ruler of Pakistan opted not to take IMF loan?
Answer must be in one word,that will tell your honesty and impartiallity.Not with If,but ,then why ,because (please avoid this)

Devil is in the details Khaansaab, devil is in the details!

Check this pie chart(source). If the economy was doing so great then why were we (musharraf era) taking grants/loans during this time (2004-2009):

loans_and_grants_pie_600_alpha_0.png

Mind you, these numbers are what we received annually. If you add them up for the period mentioned then it adds up to some significant amount.

As for IMF's aid to Pakistan, here is an excerpt from the report that you can find here:

THE YEAR 2003-04:
Most projects with IMF were suspended because Pakistan could not complete their conditions. But first time in 2004, Pakistan got the entire amount which was sanctioned by IMF on PRGF which is $1.47 billion dollars.

Now that I have bored you with more data (facts) let me conclude my point by reiterating what I was trying to say in my initial post and which is that it happened to be that during the military dictators' eras the economy was largely propped up by the foreign aid coming in thanks to the geo-strategic situation in the region and the part we played on behalf of the western world and their lackeys in the region, the Gulf countries.

As I said earlier, you are entitled to your own opinions and you may love musharraf or Ayub or Zia or any other military dictator that may come but the fact remains that unless there is a war going on in our neighborhood that the western world or the brotherly gulf countries have a stake in, our economy will be teetering unless we get our house in order and make the fundamentals of our economy strong.

For the umpteenth time I will say it on this forum that if you pick up the data that lists the economic indicators from countries in the region and some comparable countries even in other parts of the world you will see similar growth numbers and economic stability across the board. There may be some exceptions but largely you would see pretty similar numbers. That will show you that during the mid 2000s the global economy was red hot. Here is a link to read up on it. I hope you know what put a screeching halt to the economies of the world in 2008 since most of this so called economic boom was in fact based on pure speculation.

Last edited:

aneeskhan

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

Khaansaab, since I consider myself a jahil I don't know if you are appreciating or degrading me above. Ah! Ignorance is bliss :)

Respectfully, the only thing I will say in my defense is that you are putting words in my post. I NEVER, I repeat NEVER, said that Yahya, Zardari, Benazir, NS' periods were better! The problem is that you have pre-conceived notions about what I am trying to say and thats the reason that you tend to take the doctored graphs presented to show military dictator's rule as golden periods but see the graphs that I presented as reverse - Sigh! If you like i can provide sources for your convenience. You are entitled to your opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts - in fact no one is - including me!

Devil is in the details Khaansaab, devil is in the details!

Check this pie chart(source). If the economy was doing so great then why were we (musharraf era) taking grants/loans during this time (2004-2009):

loans_and_grants_pie_600_alpha_0.png

Mind you, these numbers are what we received annually. If you add them up for the period mentioned then it adds up to some significant amount.

As for IMF's aid to Pakistan, here is an excerpt from the report that you can find here:

THE YEAR 2003-04:
Most projects with IMF were suspended because Pakistan could not complete their conditions. But first time in 2004, Pakistan got the entire amount which was sanctioned by IMF on PRGF which is $1.47 billion dollars.

Now that I have bored you with more data (facts) let me conclude my point by reiterating what I was trying to say in my initial post and which is that it happened to be that during the military dictators' eras the economy was largely propped up by the foreign aid coming in thanks to the geo-strategic situation in the region and the part we played on behalf of the western world and their lackeys in the region, the Gulf countries.

As I said earlier, you are entitled to your own opinions and you may love musharraf or Ayub or Zia or any other military dictator that may come but the fact remains that unless there is a war going on in our neighborhood that the western world or the brotherly gulf countries have a stake in, our economy will be teetering unless we get our house in order and make the fundamentals of our economy strong.

For the umpteenth time I will say it on this forum that if you pick up the data that lists the economic indicators from countries in the region and some comparable countries even in other parts of the world you will see similar growth numbers and economic stability across the board. There may be some exceptions but largely you would see pretty similar numbers. That will show you that during the mid 2000s the global economy was red hot. Here is a link to read up on it. I hope you know what put a screeching halt to the economies of the world in 2008 since most of this so called economic boom was in fact based on pure speculation.
Your Pie Chart is simply faulty as it not showing comparision with your favourites Zardari,Nawaz,Baenazir periods the worst of Pakistani period.
You simply failed admitting the truth that Pakistan refused to accept IMF loan only in 2004,now you are claiming this was done by IMF simply radiculous,this IMF gave billions to this Noora and Zardari and refused to give a rising economy,still lacks any proof (any statements by IMF refusing to grant loan in 2004 contrary Shaukat Aziz statement is there on record that "Pakistan doesnot need any IMF loan"that's good enough to make you little shy.
I suggest you as GS for AJP (Anjuman Jahilan e Pakistan ) you can lead well and keep happy your follower,Andhon mein Kanra Raja Ho Jao Bhai.

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Your Pie Chart is simply faulty as it not showing comparision with your favourites Zardari,Nawaz,Baenazir periods the worst of Pakistani period.
You simply failed admitting the truth that Pakistan refused to accept IMF loan only in 2004,now you are claiming this was done by IMF simply radiculous,this IMF gave billions to this Noora and Zardari and refused to give a rising economy,still lacks any proof (any statements by IMF refusing to grant loan in 2004 contrary Shaukat Aziz statement is there on record that "Pakistan doesnot need any IMF loan"that's good enough to make you little shy.
I suggest you as GS for AJP (Anjuman Jahilan e Pakistan ) you can lead well and keep happy your follower,Andhon mein Kanra Raja Ho Jao Bhai.

You know what, you crack me up!

My time would have been better spent hitting my head on a brick wall than partaking in a debate with you. I guess the only debate you would love to be in is where you are debating yourself. Where you make an argument and then you wholeheartedly agree with that argument :)

With your much superior intelligence quotient I never stood a chance. I will lead the AJP and you must rush to register with Mensa - I am sure they will appoint you an honorary member. Aap woh heera ho jis per abhi bijli nahin giri ;)

Cheers!

Last edited: