NA-48 Islamabad : It JI vs PML(N) ..Dawn News

Muslimonly

Senator (1k+ posts)
NA-48 : It JI vs PML(N) ..Dawn News

http://dawn.com/2013/04/26/its-ji-pml-n-contest-in-na-48/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IslamabadNews+%28Islamabad+Local+News%29

j8gMPPt.png

It’s a JI, PML-N contest in NA-48 From the Newspaper | Kalbe Ali | 12 hours ago

With the election fever beginning to heat up, the contest in NA-48 has visibly narrowed down to one-to-one between the JI and the PML-N

ISLAMABAD: With the election fever beginning to heat up, the contest in NA-48 has visibly narrowed down to one-to-one between the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), while other candidates are far behind to be hardly considered in the race.

During a visit to various localities and areas in NA-48 one can see that only two candidates are practically running towards the target, Mian Aslam of JI and Anjum Aqeel of PML-N.

The candidates of Pakistan People’s Party Parliamentarians (PPPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) stand nowhere in the race because their standing is low with the public.

The PTI candidate from NA-48 is veteran politician Javed Hashmi, but he has not made a single visit to Islamabad to run his campaign as he is also contesting elections from Multan and Lahore.

As a result, there is hardly any PTI activity in NA-48 that starts from G-7/F7 covering all the urban mainland of Islamabad up to F-11, E-11 to G-13 and going to the rural areas of Golra, Tarnol and culminating at Sungjani area bordering Taxila.

A similar situation is with the Pakistan People’s Party candidate Faisal Sakhi Butt, who has not been able to give a push to his campaign.

NA-48 and NA-49 in Islamabad were carved out of NA-35 Islamabad in 2002.

However, contrary to NA-49, which is mainly rural, NA-48 is predominantly urban.

“This constituency is around 80 per cent urban and 20 per cent rural, and traditionally the urban population in the region, including Rawalpindi division, supports the PML-N,” said Anjum Aqeel Khan, PML- N candidate, adding “and I have an additional advantage of the Bradari support from Golra to Sangjani.”

Mr Aqeel became MNA in 2008 bagging 61,480 votes, and his rival Dr Israr Shah of PPPP got 26,485 votes.

However, the success was attributed to the boycott of polls by Jamaat-i-Islami, which allowed the PML-N to concentrate all efforts to beat the Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarian candidate.

In the preceding elections of 2002, when PML-N was in shambles as the top leadership of the party was out of country, Mian Aslam of MMA won with 40,365 votes, defeating Dr Babar Awan of PPPP who got 28,775 votes, while the PTI candidate got 5,310 votes.

Mian Aslam is back in election fray under the symbol of Tarazoo and is confident of winning over the PML-N candidate.

“My work, clean background and being in touch with the people in last five years will earn me the seat,” Mian Aslam said, adding “People of Islamabad are literate and practical they are not bound by Bradari system or live under pressure of any personality.”

Interestingly, both the candidates have very similar strong points like both have been elected once and know the official machinery.

Both Mian Aslam and Anjum Aqeel are promising businessmen and financially strong, besides enjoying a strong standing with the lawyers and traders – the two highly organised and motivated communities in Islamabad where majority of residents are federal government employees.

However, simple lifestyle and being active in his constituency give an edge to Mian Aslam over his opponent.

On the other hand, court cases, involving Anjum Aqeel in financial corruption and various violent incidents, kept him from his constituents in the past two to three years.

But Anjum Aqeel is still confident of winning his constituents support.

“I do not believe in criticising others but the fact is that people of NA-48 are politically aware and do not vote on religious grounds,” he said.

He said the scrutiny process delayed his election campaign which started as late as April 19.

Due to the strict scrutiny process PML-N had filed nomination papers for Chaudhry Ashraf, a lawyer and Ajmal Baloch, a prominent leader of traders community, but withdrew in favour of Anjum Aqeel. Both have extended support to the party candidate.Ajmal Baloch has at various occasions openly announced to abide by party discipline and extend support to Anjum Aqeel Khan

---------------------------

Mian Aslam
from Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan

http://www.mianaslam.com/

pic-17.jpg

Last edited:

<ChOuDhArY>

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Knowledge and know-how of this news writer is evident from his own words:

The PTI candidate from NA-48 is veteran politician Javed Hashmi, but he has not made a single visit to Islamabad to run his campaign as he is also contesting elections from Multan and
Lahore.

No further comment and even time to read this crap.

Omer96

MPA (400+ posts)
this news is true pti has done mistake by giving ticket of na 48 to hasmi sahab. they should have given it to faisal javed or adnan

shaheer

Minister (2k+ posts)
ANJUM AQIL 6BILLION CORRUPTION WALA.JISKO THANAY SE BHAGWA DIA GIA THA.ANDAZA KARO HMARI QAUM KA,PHIR ROTI PEET.TI KION HA??????
ECP aur SC ne buri tarah mayuooos kia ha,aur 90% awaaam se bhi yahi umeeed ha.10% agr nikl paray to yahi faraq ho ga.

rtabasum2

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
GOOD luck to both of them, but there are too many supporters of PTI in Islamabad probably their votes are registered somewhere else

Ik.Khattak

Senator (1k+ posts)
I must admit, No one can beat mian Aslam from this area, last time Mian Aslam was not participating otherwise anjum aqeel was out. but this time anjum aqeel is gone. Hashmi saab could win or give hard time to mian aslam but he is not visiting the area, so unfortunately PTI will loose this NA seat. no good.

Ik.Khattak

Senator (1k+ posts)
Dr Israr shah lives in that area, He should have given the ticket rather to Hashmi saab, Israr shah wouldv visited people there, hasmi saab is busy. he cant.
It was a bad move from Hashmi to contest from here. It you can't win from here then PTI has no chance.

jaypakistan

Minister (2k+ posts)
I just came back from PTI 's NA 48 meeting of tabdeeli razakars . Javed hashmi was there among with his ISF islamabad leaders. PTI has begun its campaign and u wont believe the turn out was huge being islamabads citizen i wasnt expecting a very large crowed . I also attended MR anjum aqeela khans jalsa today . All the boys who came were from Golra area and khayaban rawalpindi :D most of those vr not from my islamabad :lol::lol::lol: The shopkeepers of the area vr angery and vr yelling at karay ke tattoos .

delta_paki

MPA (400+ posts)
Hashmi formally started his Islamabad campaign today...the competition is tough but Baaghi may manage the seat in the end given the urban demographics of the constituency...also recently the influential Pir of Golra, Jalal ud Din pledged support for PTI which can do a lot to sway the rural vote that traditionally supports Anjum Aqeel. ATM though...from what I have seen Mian Aslam of JI is going strong but it can all change in a couple of weeks...

astire

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
It's a JI, PMLN Contest in NA 48. Dawn News

By Dawn News

ISLAMABAD: With the election fever beginning to heat up, the contest in NA-48 has visibly narrowed down to one-to-one between the Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), while other candidates are far behind to be hardly considered in the race.During a visit to various localities and areas in NA-48 one can see that only two candidates are practically running towards the target, Mian Aslam of JI and Anjum Aqeel of PML-N.The candidates of Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarians (PPPP) and Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) stand nowhere in the race because their standing is low with the public.The PTI candidate from NA-48 is veteran politician Javed Hashmi, but he has not made a single visit to Islamabad to run his campaign as he is also contesting elections from Multan and Lahore.

As a result, there is hardly any PTI activity in NA-48 that starts from G-7/F7 covering all the urban mainland of Islamabad up to F-11, E-11 to G-13 and going to the rural areas of Golra, Tarnol and culminating at Sungjani area bordering Taxila.A similar situation is with the Pakistan Peoples Party candidate Faisal Sakhi Butt, who has not been able to give a push to his campaign.NA-48 and NA-49 in Islamabad were carved out of NA-35 Islamabad in 2002.However, contrary to NA-49, which is mainly rural, NA-48 is predominantly urban.

This constituency is around 80 per cent urban and 20 per cent rural, and traditionally the urban population in the region, including Rawalpindi division, supports the PML-N, said Anjum Aqeel Khan, PML- N candidate, adding and I have an additional advantage of the Bradari support from Golra to Sangjani.Mr Aqeel became MNA in 2008 bagging 61,480 votes, and his rival Dr Israr Shah of PPPP got 26,485 votes.However, the success was attributed to the boycott of polls by Jamaat-i-Islami, which allowed the PML-N to concentrate all efforts to beat the Pakistan Peoples Party Parliamentarian candidate.In the preceding elections of 2002, when PML-N was in shambles as the top leadership of the party was out of country, Mian Aslam of MMA won with 40,365 votes, defeating Dr Babar Awan of PPPP who got 28,775 votes, while the PTI candidate got 5,310 votes.Mian Aslam is back in election fray under the symbol of Tarazoo and is confident of winning over the PML-N candidate.My work, clean background and being in touch with the people in last five years will earn me the seat, Mian Aslam said, adding People of Islamabad are literate and practical they are not bound by Bradari system or live under pressure of any personality.Interestingly, both the candidates have very similar strong points like both have been elected once and know the official machinery.

Both Mian Aslam and Anjum Aqeel are promising businessmen and financially strong, besides enjoying a strong standing with the lawyers and traders the two highly organised and motivated communities in Islamabad where majority of residents are federal government employees.However, simple lifestyle and being active in his constituency give an edge to Mian Aslam over his opponent.On the other hand, court cases, involving Anjum Aqeel in financial corruption and various violent incidents, kept him from his constituents in the past two to three years.But Anjum Aqeel is still confident of winning his constituents support.I do not believe in criticising others but the fact is that people of NA-48 are politically aware and do not vote on religious grounds, he said.He said the scrutiny process delayed his election campaign which started as late as April 19.Due to the strict scrutiny process PML-N had filed nomination papers for Chaudhry Ashraf, a lawyer and Ajmal Baloch, a prominent leader of traders community, but withdrew in favour of Anjum Aqeel. Both have extended support to the party candidate.Ajmal Baloch has at various occasions openly announced to abide by party discipline and extend support to Anjum Aqeel Khan.

Changebuthow

Voter (50+ posts)
Knowledge and know-how of this news writer is evident from his own words:

The PTI candidate from NA-48 is veteran politician Javed Hashmi, but he has not made a single visit to Islamabad to run his campaign as he is also contesting elections from Multan and
Lahore.

No further comment and even time to read this crap.
Face the realty, don't leave the ground like a looser. Imran asking people's to vote on bat in khenwall and he get voice sher . Then he repeat again vote for bat.